Tiara Pendragon
XnmMGhM.png

Tiara couldn't help but let out an amused chuckle when she saw Ael practically dragging Hazel with him desperately out of everyone's watchful eye. If he is truly who she thinks he is, then right about now, he'll be needing her help with a predicament.

"That's what you get for overexerting yourself, boya. Though, having her accompany you, I'm not sure if you're clever enough to pull something like that of, or you're just plain lucky and you're oblivious of everything." The arctic fox faunus said under her breath, making sure that none but her would hear what she said.

Turning her attention to Mason, she visibly frowned at him when he suggested that they check up on their new team captain. Right now, that boy must be getting some well-deserved alone time with the brunette. And being the "shipper" that she is, Tiara wasn't going to let Mason's good intentions ruin Ael and Hazel's moment.

"Muh, I'm sure he's fine. Must be pretty shocked that he became leader, that's all. Hazel's with him so he should be fine. Now, what i don't get is why you want to look for those two, when you've got yourself some alone time with such a beautiful girl such as myself. Hmm... there are a lot of handsome faunus around. Maybe I should spend my time with someone who appreciate's my company, don't you think?" Tiara said as she feigned getting upset at Mason. That should fluster him quite a bit, erase all thoughts about Hazel and Ael's disappearance, and motivate him to focus on spending time with the Fox Swordswoman.

@Mason Moretti

A flash of crimson rushed to Mason's face. His ears fell back from the weight of embarrassment. His gaze fell to the floor. He begged his vice for some words of wisdom, but syllables began fluttering out of his mouth with little rhyme or reason. He felt his heart skip a beat. His heart used that beat to gather as much courage as he could muster and spit something out to save this moment. He racked his brain for a flash of brilliance and came up a little too short to foot the bill. "I appreciate your company. I really do! I just didn't want to seem a little too strong or too desperate. You know?" Mason lifted his eyes to meet Tiara's, hoping to find a spark of connection or understanding.

Mason's heart dropped straight to his stomach, where there was already the beginning of a hurricane of butterflies. He took a deep breath, hoping to center himself before continuing his plea, "Please don't leave. I like you, and I'm really proud to be your partner. I'm not really hungry right now, so maybe..."

The look of embarrassment washed away from his face, although the blushing didn't when Mason finally unearthed the words he had been searching for. "Maybe we could explore this place together. This campus looks beautiful. Just try not to compare the place to yourself. There's no chance in all of Remnant that it could compare to you. Come on, let's go find some place to be together for a little while." Mason gently took hold of Tiara's hand and smiled with the warmth of a fireplace on a cold winter's night.

@Accelerator

"You wanna know why I left huh? I already said I don't have faith in you least from what I've seen." With that Franky breaths out a quick sigh; eyes still linked with David's before he continued speaking but in a much lower tone that would seem to deepen further as he spoke..."Do you know what it takes and what it means to lead people...Knowing that the weight of failure falls upon the leader..."

He clenched his fists inside his pockets and curled his shoulders in slightly probably showing the only hint of inner weakness during his time on the vessel and here at the academy.

"Do you know what that failure is like...what that pain is...? To know that the closest people around you looked up to you...only to fail them in the end..."

The memories were coming back to haunt him as they flashed in his head. He'd give an expression of someone on the verge of crying tears with a still face but had no tears left to give. His think outer shell showing a few cracks as his semblance activated. His two gray ethereal mobsters in suits forming on either side of him in the hallway, each gently placing one hand on the closest shoulder. Franky's own left hand grabs at the red bandanas wrapped around his right arm.

"I don't trust any leader who doesn't know that pain..."

@Midnight Maiden @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9

rsz_alert2_by_teh_zombish_dawpruk_by_teh_zombish-dawqajg.jpg

Ugh. How annoying. Frowning faintly upon noting Franky's shift in mood, Bianca kept a close eye on him as she scarfed down a rather small portion of food(fitting for a girl as small as herself), otherwise not seeming too rustled by the situation. As long as nothing got out of hand and no fits or fights were to be had, she'd be happy enough. Not that she was exactly 'pleased' when her partner boldly declared he was going to retire for the night-- this, in fact, earning a vivid pout and the crossing of her arms from Bianca. He didn't have to be such a buzzkill, simply over not being team captain. Whether Kwame and David intended to or not, she had already planned to march on out after the boy herself.

Luckily, they seemed to have similar ideas.

Swiggity swoogity, DARK's coming for Franky's booty.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @BlueFlameNikku @Yun Lee

rsz_cheerful_by_teh_zombish_dawqts0_by_teh_zombish-dawsd8s.png

"Yeah, captain, silly! Didn't you hear the lady on the intercom? She was all like, 'Team JSMM, led by: Duvey Jones'!" Mona stated cheerfully, not even seeming bothered by the fact that she was being held up in the air by the collar of her coat. By a hook, no less. Also, oh gosh, it looked like she'd crowned the pirate with a nickname now. In any case, she seemed perfectly content as she was, hanging in the air with legs and arms dangling. After all, she had gotten the hug she wanted, and she was on a team with Duivel! Why wouldn't she be happy?

Only smiling brightly- even laughing along with Duivel when he did so, though with much more appealing dental hygiene -back at the male, she didn't utter another word, letting him go into his spiel without complaint... Though with a general lack of understanding of what he was going on about. Of course, up until he unhooked her, and she fell to the ground with a thud.

"Haha... Oww.." she muttered with a sheepish smile, wincing briefly and rubbing her head before briefly pouting. Her ears flattened against her head as she peered up at Duivel, listening to the rest of what he had to say as her features slowly returned to their neutral state. Which, for Mona? Was a smile. The entire rest of the time he spoke, she was quiet, seeming to listen intently. And as he finished, walking closer to where she remained on the ground and the rest of her team?

She hopped right up to her feet, laughing and saluting. "Hahaha, you got it, Duvey! I'm not afraid of anything! I'll be the best partner you ever have~!" she proclaimed with determination and a laugh, eyes closing briefly with joy throughout. Well, up until something came to her, causing her seemingly ever-present smile to falter slightly and her ears to twitch downward for a moment, a concerned expression crossing her face. "But, say... No touching doesn't mean I can't hug you anymore, right? I like your hugs...."

AKA the hugs she gave him that earned shouting and glaring in return.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @True Ending Eliza @Minerva
Duivel turned to look down at Mona after he said his piece on what he expected out of this crew. Ever since the brat stuck to Duivel like a tumor with a mouth, he wondered how someone so young could go for a position like a Hunter. Jones knew enough about Hunters to know it's not a walk in park to become one.

Did this brat know about that?

"Aye, aye, keep it down, lass," Duivel muttered in response to her excitement. "An' goddammit, don't call me Duv...ah, forget it," he groaned, deciding that it wasn't worth his energy to try and control the demon. She was probably going to forget and call him whatever. Duivel's neutral expression was a grungy scowl, but it lightened when she mentioned something about hugs. Duivel looked back at her for a moment, a single brow rising from underneath the blackened eyepatch he wore. It was genuine confusion towards her genuine concern.

Who the hell wants to hug a dirty scumbag like him?

"...Well, I mean, look at me, Mona. I'm all dirty n' shit. You don't wanna get that stuff on your threads, it'll look bad. Hell, you got some shit all over yourself right now. When we get into those dorms, you needa wash up, aye? Plus, y' needa eat some more, because I'm havin' any twigs on my crew. Head down to the mess and grab a bite or something."

His voice was quiet and sincere, as he made small motions with his hook.

@Hospes @True Ending Eliza

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
David was happy that he had caught up with Franky before he had retired for the night and locked himself from the room. He was also glad that the rest of the team was behind him, even though he wasn't sure what he had done to earn their respect. All he had done was stand up to Franky and even then, he wasn't proud how he had done that. He had frozen and nearly lost his mind and he saw the expression and saw that they were a reasonable distance, but he purposely choose to go even further and stood in front of Franky. He wasn't about to shout across a hallway to get the attention from his teammate. He bite down on his lip and looked at him too.

David took a deep breath and carefully choose the next words he choose. " I can understand why you are upset and I know you expect me to be mad that you left us behind to retire, but I am not. I am going to ask why you left instead. I know I am not the ideal leader, but I am willing to listen to whatever you want," he said, as he looked at him. He didn't mention the fact he had a feeling his father had some influence on this decision.

@BlueFlameNikku @Midnight Maiden @Yun Lee

"You wanna know why I left huh? I already said I don't have faith in you least from what I've seen." With that Franky breaths out a quick sigh; eyes still linked with David's before he continued speaking but in a much lower tone that would seem to deepen further as he spoke..."Do you know what it takes and what it means to lead people...Knowing that the weight of failure falls upon the leader..."

He clenched his fists inside his pockets and curled his shoulders in slightly probably showing the only hint of inner weakness during his time on the vessel and here at the academy.

"Do you know what that failure is like...what that pain is...? To know that the closest people around you looked up to you...only to fail them in the end..."

The memories were coming back to haunt him as they flashed in his head. He'd give an expression of someone on the verge of crying tears with a still face but had no tears left to give. His think outer shell showing a few cracks as his semblance activated. His two gray ethereal mobsters in suits forming on either side of him in the hallway, each gently placing one hand on the closest shoulder. Franky's own left hand grabs at the red bandanas wrapped around his right arm.

"I don't trust any leader who doesn't know that pain..."

@Midnight Maiden @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9

"..."

rsz_connected_by_teh_zombish_dawprt8_by_teh_zombish-dawqk01.jpg

As David made his comments and Franky replied, Bianca stared on at the exchange, naturally not saying a word as she listened. She wasn't quite sure just what she thought of their leader just yet, but she did have to admit, his words were rather mature. At least, at the moment. The admittance that he may not be ideal was a good start, and his willingness to accept critiques was even better. But even so, Franky didn't seem to take to it the best. Surprisingly, however, a glimpse of emotion different from smugness or anger finally gleamed from the latter, something that for some reason made the smallest smile form on Bianca's face. It was as the male finished explaining his distrust for David that she approached Franky, going to gently place a hand on his shoulder with eyes briefly closed through a nod of understanding. If he would allow her contact, anyways, of course.

Regardless, even with her silence, her goal seemed to be to show her understanding and give comfort.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @BlueFlameNikku
Duivel turned to look down at Mona after he said his piece on what he expected out of this crew. Ever since the brat stuck to Duivel like a tumor with a mouth, he wondered how someone so young could go for a position like a Hunter. Jones knew enough about Hunters to know it's not a walk in park to become one.

Did this brat know about that?

"Aye, aye, keep it down, lass," Duivel muttered in response to her excitement. "An' goddammit, don't call me Duv...ah, forget it," he groaned, deciding that it wasn't worth his energy to try and control the demon. She was probably going to forget and call him whatever. Duivel's neutral expression was a grungy scowl, but it lightened when she mentioned something about hugs. Duivel looked back at her for a moment, a single brow rising from underneath the blackened eyepatch he wore. It was genuine confusion towards her genuine concern.

Who the hell wants to hug a dirty scumbag like him?

"...Well, I mean, look at me, Mona. I'm all dirty n' shit. You don't wanna get that stuff on your threads, it'll look bad. Hell, you got some shit all over yourself right now. When we get into those dorms, you needa wash up, aye? Plus, y' needa eat some more, because I'm havin' any twigs on my crew. Head down to the mess and grab a bite or something."

His voice was quiet and sincere, as he made small motions with his hook.

@Hospes @True Ending Eliza
Meanwhile, back outside of the academy with her new partner, Mona still didn't seem any less, well... Herself. Even as Duivel told her to quiet down and attempted to get her to stop with any nicknames or mispronunciations of his name, she still seemed as energetic and quirky as ever.... possibly to his misfortune. But, still, she did give a briefly shocked and embarrassed expression as she was told to quiet down, ears perking straight up and face briefly reddening as she raised a hand to cover her mouth. "Oh...! Sorry, Duvey," she muttered, giving a sheepish smile. "I didn't mean to be obnoxious or anything! Oh, anything but that, really! I'm sorry if I was, haha... I guess I can be kinda loud sometimes," she rambled, hand lowering as she fiddled instead with the hem of her combat skirt.

rsz_monaaaa_by_teh_zombish_db1y4wq_by_teh_zombish-db2gkzr.jpg

But, moments later, after her rather depressed inquiry, the tiger girl could only look up at Duivel with an appalled expression, blinking owlishly for a few moments with a briefly serious- if only out of surprise -expression. "...Huh?" she muttered, tilting her head like a dog that had heard a sound that confused them... Before, after a beat, breaking into that wide smile. No, more than that, actually- she burst into laughter. A fit of it. So intense that she nearly tripped over herself and fell to the grass. "W-wait, h-heh," she gasped through her laughter, trying desperately to control it and cease but obviously struggling to do so. "Y-you think that matters...? --Hah... Haha!" she laughed, bending over for a moment before she composed herself. "O-oh my gosh, sorry... s-sorry, heh..." Slowly straightening up again, she wiped at her eye and smiled brilliantly at Duivel with one last giggle.

"I didn't mean to laugh at you, it's just..." she trailed off for a moment, smiling even brighter. "We're gonna be huntsman and huntresses, Duviel! Do you really think I'd have signed up for this if I couldn't handle a little dirt?" she inquired, giggling once more as she gestured over her admittedly now-dirty clothes from the day's adventures, one smudge of dirt on her cheek being particularly intense. Still smiling to herself, the Faunus did add, thoughtfully. "...But I gotta agree on food, heh. I dunno about you, but I'm starving," she stated, blatantly. Without waiting even a moment, she moved to gently take Duivel's good hand, aiming to tug him inside. "C'mon, we can get something to eat together!"

As if he had a choice.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @True Ending Eliza

Felix Velos

Within the few moments of Windia's reply, Felix realized that her new teammate was quite different from the rest of the students at Eden Academy. Despite that, Felix wasn't too surprised. She had dealt with many deceptive people over the course of her time in Drayce, so she wasn't too bothered when Windia's personality changed and she warned Felix about just who she was talking to.

"A really bad time, hmmm?" Felix repeated under her breath, just barely audible. "I wonder about that..." The Rook clicked her fingernails on the cafeteria table as she thought to herself. She had seen her brother go through countless women for different reasons over the course of many years, and while she didn't particularly agree with some of his methods, she couldn't deny they had gotten results when necessary.

"Very well," she replied after a moment, standing up from the table. "I've always told my brother that one day he'd mess with the wrong woman and pay the cost. Maybe he's finally met her..." Felix stared at Windia, a deadpan, almost tired look in her eyes. "Do what you will. I've given you my warning, just like I've given so many other women in the past. What happens now is out of my hands," Felix said, pausing for a moment.

"On a different note, I recognize that we're going to be stuck together for the duration of our time at this school. With that said, I don't believe that our team could function if we're always butting heads like this. So in the interests of our team, I will not speak about your intentions with my brother again. You know how I feel."

@Accelerator
"...Aww. So I guess I'm late to the party, huh?" a new voice interjected, it's owner rubbing his neck from where he'd just managed to join the girls at the table, standing off to the side as Felix moved to stand up. The silver-haired boy looked rather indifferent, despite his words, though he couldn't really say he didn't care to spend more time with his new teammates.

Especially since they were all ladies.... Although, he didn't exactly care too much about gender, when it came to his endeavors. But, whatever.

Scratching his neck, the boy seemed to decide he didn't exactly care if he was interrupting anything. So, he broke the silence that felt rather tense and perhaps a bit awkward. "...So. I already know you, partner," he pointed a finger at Felix, before purple eyes slowly moved to regard Windia. "...Butttt not sure what your name is, hon. But mine's Sylvester- try not to wear it out too fast. Pleasure to meet ya." Offering a grin, he went to hold out his hand for a shake.

@QuakeUPSB @Accelerator @Gummi Bunnies

If anyone decided to wander the academy, they'd quickly find that it was surprisingly vast, especially considering how small it seemed from the outside. In fact, it seemed it'd be easy to get lost in, if one wasn't careful. Regardless, it, at the very least, consisted of many classrooms spanning multiple floors, a grand office(likely Solomon's), numerous dorms, a beautiful garden, the cafeteria, and, of course, a stadium for tournaments and an auditorium. For now, though, most everything but the cafeteria, garden and dorm were closed and locked for the celebration of the students' arrivals.​

David really wished that he had been able to see more of what he could do. Without knowing anything, Franky just saw him as weak and broken and while he wasn't too far off, he wasn't completely right. " I know the feeling all too well. When your father is a hunter who is famous, everybody wants you to be in charge of everything. Everyone assumes that you are an expert on anything and when you fail- you disappoint all."

He bit down on his lip. He was not broken, he wasn't about to cry in front of his teammates. He was better than that, he was stronger than that. He had to do better- he just had too.

" I know the feeling is all too common to me. Actually, it is second nature to me. More than second nature- it has been a part of my whole life. My whole life."

What he didn't tell him was that each and every time he failed, he was hurt. Hurt for his semblance to activate until he had a fighting chance. Each hit a way to get more powerful. Here was the thing though. The more pain he felt, the weaker he got, the more strength he got... and it never worked out for him. Time and time again, he led himself and others to death's door. Time and time again, he was lost and alone. Nobody wanted a failure to lead them. No one wanted him.

He didn't respond to his last phrase, too lost in his memories.

"..."

rsz_connected_by_teh_zombish_dawprt8_by_teh_zombish-dawqk01.jpg

As David made his comments and Franky replied, Bianca stared on at the exchange, naturally not saying a word as she listened. She wasn't quite sure just what she thought of their leader just yet, but she did have to admit, his words were rather mature. At least, at the moment. The admittance that he may not be ideal was a good start, and his willingness to accept critiques was even better. But even so, Franky didn't seem to take to it the best. Surprisingly, however, a glimpse of emotion different from smugness or anger finally gleamed from the latter, something that for some reason made the smallest smile form on Bianca's face. It was as the male finished explaining his distrust for David that she approached Franky, going to gently place a hand on his shoulder with eyes briefly closed through a nod of understanding. If he would allow her contact, anyways, of course.

Regardless, even with her silence, her goal seemed to be to show her understanding and give comfort.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @BlueFlameNikku

Meanwhile, back outside of the academy with her new partner, Mona still didn't seem any less, well... Herself. Even as Duivel told her to quiet down and attempted to get her to stop with any nicknames or mispronunciations of his name, she still seemed as energetic and quirky as ever.... possibly to his misfortune. But, still, she did give a briefly shocked and embarrassed expression as she was told to quiet down, ears perking straight up and face briefly reddening as she raised a hand to cover her mouth. "Oh...! Sorry, Duvey," she muttered, giving a sheepish smile. "I didn't mean to be obnoxious or anything! Oh, anything but that, really! I'm sorry if I was, haha... I guess I can be kinda loud sometimes," she rambled, hand lowering as she fiddled instead with the hem of her combat skirt.

rsz_monaaaa_by_teh_zombish_db1y4wq_by_teh_zombish-db2gkzr.jpg

But, moments later, after her rather depressed inquiry, the tiger girl could only look up at Duivel with an appalled expression, blinking owlishly for a few moments with a briefly serious- if only out of surprise -expression. "...Huh?" she muttered, tilting her head like a dog that had heard a sound that confused them... Before, after a beat, breaking into that wide smile. No, more than that, actually- she burst into laughter. A fit of it. So intense that she nearly tripped over herself and fell to the grass. "W-wait, h-heh," she gasped through her laughter, trying desperately to control it and cease but obviously struggling to do so. "Y-you think that matters...? --Hah... Haha!" she laughed, bending over for a moment before she composed herself. "O-oh my gosh, sorry... s-sorry, heh..." Slowly straightening up again, she wiped at her eye and smiled brilliantly at Duivel with one last giggle.

"I didn't mean to laugh at you, it's just..." she trailed off for a moment, smiling even brighter. "We're gonna be huntsman and huntresses, Duviel! Do you really think I'd have signed up for this if I couldn't handle a little dirt?" she inquired, giggling once more as she gestured over her admittedly now-dirty clothes from the day's adventures, one smudge of dirt on her cheek being particularly intense. Still smiling to herself, the Faunus did add, thoughtfully. "...But I gotta agree on food, heh. I dunno about you, but I'm starving," she stated, blatantly. Without waiting even a moment, she moved to gently take Duivel's good hand, aiming to tug him inside. "C'mon, we can get something to eat together!"

As if he had a choice.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @True Ending Eliza
Duivel stared blankly as Mona laughed in his face, in a sort of way that a close mate would laugh when one of their buddies said something really fucking stupid. The ragged pirate didn't react at first, looking down at the floor for a moment to consider her words genuinely. Mona had made a solid point with an implication that resonated with Duivel, just for a second. When that second passed, the grunted and followed behind, "Yeah, no manners or any of that shit, and you end up like me. An' don't laugh at your captain!"

It was a sharp and acidic tone, just when they first met. But Duivel still let her hold on to the only hand he had left.

Duivel detested the large, pointlessly vast architecture of these fancy academic buildings. Back in the dunes of Vacuo, no one gave a shit about looking nice. The Faunus learned how to make things efficient and make things work, even if they looked like crumbling pieces of shit.

"This ornate shit, it's soft. Y' spend too long around places like this, Mona? It'll kill you years before anyone tries to lay you out."

The philosophy of someone as ethically questionable as Duivel was hard to pick up at first, but it was the truth. When the duo arrived in the mess hall, Duivel simply dumped whatever sludge he saw onto a plate and scarfed it down as quick as he could, stabbing anyone that looked at him funny with a cold, crimson glare. They were quick to back off.

They always are. Like wolves to a bear.

@Hospes @Mess Hall​

"...And I take it you're Eshell," the headmistress mused quietly, well aware that this particular student shared one of her own feats. The one most were quickest to notice: her blindness. Which was precisely why she figured the sounds of stumbling and the like meant it was him. Solomon had filled her in on the various students and how they'd acted in their trials, after all.

Not making a big deal of it, the woman merely clasped her hands together behind her back, regarding the group with unseeing eyes. "So. Team MEAD..." she trailed off, eyes narrowing. "I see one of your ranks is late. But no matter, I'm sure miss Aundarya will find her way soon enough. Though, I must say- you aren't functioning well as a team, leaving one of your members behind already," she chided with a stern tone. "...Which is why I suppose it could be said that you're lucky that some... Rearrangements, were needed." With those words, the blonde stepped to the side, gesturing idly to where Aqua and Angus were seated. Still, the woman continued on.

"..A small error was made, and it would seem that these lovely students are going to be sticking around after all. As such, Miss Eclipse? Mr. Velos? You will be rejoining them in partnership. I am well aware this may prove to be a nuisance, as you may have already adjusted to your team, but somehow with the lack of Miss Aundarya's presence... That isn't exactly the case." Something said she didn't really approve of that, but she was at least not scolding them further for it. "...Ahem. Anyhow, that all said, we've made adjustments to your teams accordingly. Mr Tyr?" Fleetingly, Starlene glanced in Eshell's general direction, gesturing briefly with one hand to Angus and Midna. "You and Miss Aundarya will be joining Miss Eclipse and Mr. Lake in team TEAL, with you as it's leader. As for you, Miss Dakkar, Mr. Velos...--" Before Starlene could finish her sentence, an unfamiliar voice piped up, at first invisible to the group more than likely. Her entrance had been completely unnoticeable, so her voice was likely unexpected.

"Ah, hello, hello~" the obviously feminine voice cooed in a sing-song tone. "I do so hope I'm not late to the party. Sorry, ahaha. I always hate to hold things up..."

tumblr_inline_nvxb1fOulp1ta39fg_500.jpg

Slowly, the owner of the voice took a step forward, idly brushing a strand of golden hair out of her face and giving the group a wave of her fingers. She might have been about to say more, but she was curtly interrupted by a seemingly now slightly annoyed Starlene. "...Miss Glaucous," the headmistress greeted, coldly. Seeming to take a moment to dim any of her annoyance down, the staff member was quick to add. "...no. You're just in time, in fact. Mr. Velos, Miss Dakkar, this is Gilda Glaucous. She will be accompanying you as your third team member and leader. Her partner, Miss Mac-Tire, should be arriving any moment now. Together, the four of you will form team GLDD."

"Ahh!" the golden-haired girl exclaimed, suddenly walking right up to Duke and Aqua, leaning very, very close to them both, one after the other, and looking them up and down before clasping her hands together with a bright smirk. "So, you'll be my teammates, eheh. A pleasure to be working with you~" she chimed, giving a playful curtsey and a wink.

Meanwhile, Midna was just doing her best to ignore the female that clearly didn't know a thing about personal space or, possibly worse yet, merely didn't care. Instead, her dark eyes looked between Angus, Starlene, and the unfortunate stumbling Eshell. Poor kid.. but for the moment, he was still standing. That was good. So instead of worrying, she glanced again to Angus. And uttered a simple, plain phrase.

"Welcome back."

Her brother probably would have snickered at her lack of gracefulness, were he there with them, but she didn't really note it.

@Gummi Bunnies @Ringmaster @C.T. @QuakeUPSB @Demmy

David really wished that he had been able to see more of what he could do. Without knowing anything, Franky just saw him as weak and broken and while he wasn't too far off, he wasn't completely right. " I know the feeling all too well. When your father is a hunter who is famous, everybody wants you to be in charge of everything. Everyone assumes that you are an expert on anything and when you fail- you disappoint all."

He bit down on his lip. He was not broken, he wasn't about to cry in front of his teammates. He was better than that, he was stronger than that. He had to do better- he just had too.

" I know the feeling is all too common to me. Actually, it is second nature to me. More than second nature- it has been a part of my whole life. My whole life."

What he didn't tell him was that each and every time he failed, he was hurt. Hurt for his semblance to activate until he had a fighting chance. Each hit a way to get more powerful. Here was the thing though. The more pain he felt, the weaker he got, the more strength he got... and it never worked out for him. Time and time again, he led himself and others to death's door. Time and time again, he was lost and alone. Nobody wanted a failure to lead them. No one wanted him.

He didn't respond to his last phrase, too lost in his memories.

Sigh. What a nuisance. But... No matter, she supposed. She could handle a couple of emotional boys, in a number of ways. If only her vocal folds hadn't been so horribly damaged back.... Then. She shuddered to think of it, but it would've been nice if she could sing or speak some words of comfort. But she couldn't, and you know what? That was just the way it was. It was the hand she'd been dealt in life, and she would live with it.

But this wasn't about her. This was about the two boys, both looking as though in their own worlds, maybe ready to cry or tear up at the very least. So she did what many people seemed to like, when they were sad. She, with force that was impressive for her size, moved to abruptly yank David towards where she already stood by Franky and... Pull both of them into a warm embrace.

Whether they liked it or not. They weren't going to get a choice, it seemed. And from the looks of it, she even considered yanking Kwame in as well.

But for the moment, it looked like he was... Moderately safe.

@BlueFlameNikku @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9
Duivel stared blankly as Mona laughed in his face, in a sort of way that a close mate would laugh when one of their buddies said something really fucking stupid. The ragged pirate didn't react at first, looking down at the floor for a moment to consider her words genuinely. Mona had made a solid point with an implication that resonated with Duivel, just for a second. When that second passed, the grunted and followed behind, "Yeah, no manners or any of that shit, and you end up like me. An' don't laugh at your captain!"

It was a sharp and acidic tone, just when they first met. But Duivel still let her hold on to the only hand he had left.

Duivel detested the large, pointlessly vast architecture of these fancy academic buildings. Back in the dunes of Vacuo, no one gave a shit about looking nice. The Faunus learned how to make things efficient and make things work, even if they looked like crumbling pieces of shit.

"This ornate shit, it's soft. Y' spend too long around places like this, Mona? It'll kill you years before anyone tries to lay you out."

The philosophy of someone as ethically questionable as Duivel was hard to pick up at first, but it was the truth. When the duo arrived in the mess hall, Duivel simply dumped whatever sludge he saw onto a plate and scarfed it down as quick as he could, stabbing anyone that looked at him funny with a cold, crimson glare. They were quick to back off.

They always are. Like wolves to a bear.

@Hospes @Mess Hall​
Fleetingly, Mona seemed sheepish as Duivel scolded her for laughing at him and lacking manners, her ears momentarily flattening and face dusting with pink for a moment. "Eheh, s-sorry, Duviel..." And yet, as soon as she had uttered her apology, she found a reason to perk right back up, her ears doing exactly the same as she marveled at the structure as she tugged Duivel through the corridors. "Wowie... Such a nice place. No wonder dad always called it one of the most beautiful academies!" she uttered, eyes eagerly darting about. Well, up until Duivel spoke his own opinion, to which they fell upon him with that typical smile of hers.

rsz_headshot_mona_by_lyerin_db04a4u_by_teh_zombish-db0h1sq.png

"Aww, c'mon, Duvey! Sure, maybe being around beautiful things all the time can make you expect too much... But isn't it nice, just every once in a while?" she inquired, sincerely. That was certainly how she felt about it, anyways! After all, it was never good when people took beauty for granted, or got too used to it. When that happened, they stopped appreciating it.

Regardless, she shrugged it off, not letting it drag her down or take too much of her focus. Right now, the food had that. She hadn't eaten all day, and she was ready to change that. So, after a few moments, she finally released Duivel's hand to put some food on a tray before following him cheerfully to, well, wherever he chose to eat and beginning to chow down. She was oblivious to the few that have him odd looks, and even the ones that gave her them, too, or distantly spoke in hushed voices while stealing glances nearby. Rather, Mona decided to focus on her partner. "So what do you think our teammates will be like?" she asked between bites, looking to the pirate with curious eyes.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT

Slowly, the owner of the voice took a step forward, idly brushing a strand of golden hair out of her face and giving the group a wave of her fingers. She might have been about to say more, but she was curtly interrupted by a seemingly now slightly annoyed Starlene. "...Miss Glaucous," the headmistress greeted, coldly. Seeming to take a moment to dim any of her annoyance down, the staff member was quick to add. "...no. You're just in time, in fact. Mr. Velos, Miss Dakkar, this is Gilda Glaucous. She will be accompanying you as your third team member and leader. Her partner, Miss Mac-Tire, should be arriving any moment now. Together, the four of you will form team GLDD."

"Ahh!" the golden-haired girl exclaimed, suddenly walking right up to Duke and Aqua, leaning very, very close to them both, one after the other, and looking them up and down before clasping her hands together with a bright smirk. "So, you'll be my teammates, eheh. A pleasure to be working with you~" she chimed, giving a playful
There was a brief expression of disquiet on Aqua's face, assisted in part by the fact her sleeves were still gone. So with a step back and a nod of greetings, she drew upon her dignity(what was left) and spoke.

"A pleasure indeed."
Meanwhile, Midna was just doing her best to ignore the female that clearly didn't know a thing about personal space or, possibly worse yet, merely didn't care. Instead, her dark eyes looked between Angus, Starlene, and the unfortunate stumbling Eshell. Poor kid.. but for the moment, he was still standing. That was good. So instead of worrying, she glanced again to Angus. And uttered a simple, plain phrase.

"Welcome back."

Her brother probably would have snickered at her lack of gracefulness, were he there with them, but she didn't really note it.

"Good t'be back."

That was the equivalent of three cheers from Angus, as he glanced away in a dismissive looking gesture.

Were it not for the faint dusting of red from all the fuss being made about it.

And once he mastered himself, he looked back up again stoically to see what kind of teammates they had.

@Midnight Maiden @Co.​

"...And I take it you're Eshell," the headmistress mused quietly, well aware that this particular student shared one of her own feats. The one most were quickest to notice: her blindness. Which was precisely why she figured the sounds of stumbling and the like meant it was him. Solomon had filled her in on the various students and how they'd acted in their trials, after all.

Not making a big deal of it, the woman merely clasped her hands together behind her back, regarding the group with unseeing eyes. "So. Team MEAD..." she trailed off, eyes narrowing. "I see one of your ranks is late. But no matter, I'm sure miss Aundarya will find her way soon enough. Though, I must say- you aren't functioning well as a team, leaving one of your members behind already," she chided with a stern tone. "...Which is why I suppose it could be said that you're lucky that some... Rearrangements, were needed." With those words, the blonde stepped to the side, gesturing idly to where Aqua and Angus were seated. Still, the woman continued on.

"..A small error was made, and it would seem that these lovely students are going to be sticking around after all. As such, Miss Eclipse? Mr. Velos? You will be rejoining them in partnership. I am well aware this may prove to be a nuisance, as you may have already adjusted to your team, but somehow with the lack of Miss Aundarya's presence... That isn't exactly the case." Something said she didn't really approve of that, but she was at least not scolding them further for it. "...Ahem. Anyhow, that all said, we've made adjustments to your teams accordingly. Mr Tyr?" Fleetingly, Starlene glanced in Eshell's general direction, gesturing briefly with one hand to Angus and Midna. "You and Miss Aundarya will be joining Miss Eclipse and Mr. Lake in team TEAL, with you as it's leader. As for you, Miss Dakkar, Mr. Velos...--" Before Starlene could finish her sentence, an unfamiliar voice piped up, at first invisible to the group more than likely. Her entrance had been completely unnoticeable, so her voice was likely unexpected.

"Ah, hello, hello~" the obviously feminine voice cooed in a sing-song tone. "I do so hope I'm not late to the party. Sorry, ahaha. I always hate to hold things up..."

"Ahh!" the golden-haired girl exclaimed, suddenly walking right up to Duke and Aqua, leaning very, very close to them both, one after the other, and looking them up and down before clasping her hands together with a bright smirk. "So, you'll be my teammates, eheh. A pleasure to be working with you~" she chimed, giving a playful curtsey and a wink.

"Welcome back."

'Well to be fair, she left us,' Eshell thought to himself, still directing his unseeing gaze towards the ground below him. Was it carpeted or lino? It was hard for him to tell in these boots. At the mention of his name, howeved, he glanced up to show his attention, completely unaware that she, too, was blind. "M-me?" The boy squeaked, hardly audible.

@Midnight Maiden @Gummi Bunnies @C.T. @QuakeUPSB @Ringmaster

"I won't apologize for taking my time." She announced, stepping in just at that moment. "I wished to see more of this student body I would be part of, gauge their character." Líadan slowly slid her blade Dúil into place over her back and crossed her arms. She hoped her semblance would not affect the situation too much.

nWIobXW.png

"...A cheery cunt. Damn."

@Midnight Maiden @Ringmaster @QuakeUPSB

"Welcome back."

Sigh. What a nuisance. But... No matter, she supposed. She could handle a couple of emotional boys, in a number of ways. If only her vocal folds hadn't been so horribly damaged back.... Then. She shuddered to think of it, but it would've been nice if she could sing or speak some words of comfort. But she couldn't, and you know what? That was just the way it was. It was the hand she'd been dealt in life, and she would live with it.

But this wasn't about her. This was about the two boys, both looking as though in their own worlds, maybe ready to cry or tear up at the very least. So she did what many people seemed to like, when they were sad. She, with force that was impressive for her size, moved to abruptly yank David towards where she already stood by Franky and... Pull both of them into a warm embrace.

Whether they liked it or not. They weren't going to get a choice, it seemed. And from the looks of it, she even considered yanking Kwame in as well.

But for the moment, it looked like he was... Moderately safe.

@BlueFlameNikku @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9

Fleetingly, Mona seemed sheepish as Duivel scolded her for laughing at him and lacking manners, her ears momentarily flattening and face dusting with pink for a moment. "Eheh, s-sorry, Duviel..." And yet, as soon as she had uttered her apology, she found a reason to perk right back up, her ears doing exactly the same as she marveled at the structure as she tugged Duivel through the corridors. "Wowie... Such a nice place. No wonder dad always called it one of the most beautiful academies!" she uttered, eyes eagerly darting about. Well, up until Duivel spoke his own opinion, to which they fell upon him with that typical smile of hers.

rsz_headshot_mona_by_lyerin_db04a4u_by_teh_zombish-db0h1sq.png

"Aww, c'mon, Duvey! Sure, maybe being around beautiful things all the time can make you expect too much... But isn't it nice, just every once in a while?" she inquired, sincerely. That was certainly how she felt about it, anyways! After all, it was never good when people took beauty for granted, or got too used to it. When that happened, they stopped appreciating it.

Regardless, she shrugged it off, not letting it drag her down or take too much of her focus. Right now, the food had that. She hadn't eaten all day, and she was ready to change that. So, after a few moments, she finally released Duivel's hand to put some food on a tray before following him cheerfully to, well, wherever he chose to eat and beginning to chow down. She was oblivious to the few that have him odd looks, and even the ones that gave her them, too, or distantly spoke in hushed voices while stealing glances nearby. Rather, Mona decided to focus on her partner. "So what do you think our teammates will be like?" she asked between bites, looking to the pirate with curious eyes.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT
tumblr_onaayjM5471v3qowuo5_100.jpg

"How could you people just leave me alone like that? You have no idea how tiring it was to find you here!"

Soneri is not happy. She simply went to get her hair all tied up so it wouldn't be on her face, and her team just wandered off somewhere, according to her.

@Midnight Maiden @Ringmaster @C.T. @QuakeUPSB @Demmy

There was a brief expression of disquiet on Aqua's face, assisted in part by the fact her sleeves were still gone. So with a step back and a nod of greetings, she drew upon her dignity(what was left) and spoke.

"A pleasure indeed."

"Good t'be back."

That was the equivalent of three cheers from Angus, as he glanced away in a dismissive looking gesture.

Were it not for the faint dusting of red from all the fuss being made about it.

And once he mastered himself, he looked back up again stoically to see what kind of teammates they had.

@Midnight Maiden @Co.​
'Well to be fair, she left us,' Eshell thought to himself, still directing his unseeing gaze towards the ground below him. Was it carpeted or lino? It was hard for him to tell in these boots. At the mention of his name, howeved, he glanced up to show his attention, completely unaware that she, too, was blind. "M-me?" The boy squeaked, hardly audible.

@Midnight Maiden @Gummi Bunnies @C.T. @QuakeUPSB @Ringmaster
"I won't apologize for taking my time." She announced, stepping in just at that moment. "I wished to see more of this student body I would be part of, gauge their character." Líadan slowly slid her blade Dúil into place over her back and crossed her arms. She hoped her semblance would not affect the situation too much.

nWIobXW.png

"...A cheery cunt. Damn."

@Midnight Maiden @Ringmaster @QuakeUPSB

tumblr_onaayjM5471v3qowuo5_100.jpg

"How could you people just leave me alone like that? You have no idea how tiring it was to find you here!"

Soneri is not happy. She simply went to get her hair all tied up so it wouldn't be on her face, and her team just wandered off somewhere, according to her.

@Midnight Maiden @Ringmaster @C.T. @QuakeUPSB @Demmy
If Starlene was at all affected by Liadan's rather peculiar semblance, it did not show, for the woman snapped at the girl as she would have any other student that came through. "Language, Miss Mac-Tire. Mistreatment of your fellow students- no matter how... Atypical they may be -will not be tolerated," the woman scolded with her typical unseeing glare. Surprisingly, Gilda only laughed lightly, rocking back from where she'd leaned ever-so-close to Aqua and Duke.

tumblr_inline_nvx8dqJC921ta39fg_500.jpg

"Oh, it's quite alright. I can take an insult. Though, from my own partner? I'm truly wounded..." Gilda remarked, placing a hand over her ample chest in mock hurt before resuming her grin. "...But I can't say I'm disappointed in my crew just yet. We'll see how they fare, in time~"

Meanwhile, there was just, well, silence from Midna. She'd uttered her welcome to Angus and failed to notice his blush, and, in addition, was staring blankly at Soneri. Oblivious to whether or not the girl was being rhetorical or exaggerating, Midna answered as bluntly as before. "By walking."

"...You realize it's have been the same distance even if you walked with us, correct?"

Ugh. What a bunch of losers. Shaking her head and idly rubbing her head with her palm, Starlene spoke to Eshell, addressing his question as serious as ever. "...Yes, you, Mr. Tyr."

@Demmy @Gummi Bunnies @Ringmaster @C.T. @QuakeUPSB

As the ghost like mobsters vanished Franky felt Bianca touch his shoulder and then afterwards pulled into a tight three way embrace. Keeping his neutral expression throughout the experience but on the inside it did feel nice. Once she'd finally let them go Franky would walk to the door of his room but just before he enters and shuts the door behind him he looks to the rest of Team Dark with a smirk. "I guess we'll just see what happens." Shutting the door behind him gentle as he retires for the night.

If Starlene was at all affected by Liadan's rather peculiar semblance, it did not show, for the woman snapped at the girl as she would have any other student that came through. "Language, Miss Mac-Tire. Mistreatment of your fellow students- no matter how... Atypical they may be -will not be tolerated," the woman scolded with her typical unseeing glare. Surprisingly, Gilda only laughed lightly, rocking back from where she'd leaned ever-so-close to Aqua and Duke.

tumblr_inline_nvx8dqJC921ta39fg_500.jpg

"Oh, it's quite alright. I can take an insult. Though, from my own partner? I'm truly wounded..." Gilda remarked, placing a hand over her ample chest in mock hurt before resuming her grin. "...But I can't say I'm disappointed in my crew just yet. We'll see how they fare, in time~"
"...Apologies. I get used to speaking my mind freely without others commenting on it." She conceded with a deferring nod and hands raised in appeasement. "And yes, I suppose we will." So far things seemed to be going well.​

David was surprised when Bianca pulled the three of them into a hug. He wasn't sure why, but he tried to keep his calm. He couldn't showed that he enjoyed it. What was it that his father had always said? Never show them your true weakness, no matter how much you trust them. When she finally let them go, he took a deep breath and decided to head to his own room... oh wait, they were all sharing a room. He opened the door and took one of the other beds. There wasn't much else he could do right now and it was fine with him. As long as everything went well then he could be happy about everything.

@Midnight Maiden @BlueFlameNikku @Yun Lee

As David and Franky made their peace with each other, Kwame stayed on the sidelines for the most part, letting the two figure it out. As Bianca pulled them into a grouo hug, he took the chance to slip into the bedroom, leaving the piece of cake he brought onto a table, writing a quick note-For Franky, if you get hungry. He did skip out on dinner, after all.

That done, Kwame deposited his stuff and snagged a bed. It was important he went to bed before the others, after all. They couldn't see what he was hiding. Taking off his goggles, Kwame grabbed a piece of purple fabric from his bag, tying it around his four extra eyes. If asked why, he could probably make up some lame excuse. He was good at doing that, after all.

Getting into bed he closed his two other eyes, hoping to get some rest before classes began.
@LuckycoolHawk9 @BlueFlameNikku @Midnight Maiden @holyfuckimsorryittookforeverformetoreply