Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you guys check if I have everything right this time? Sorry for keep bothering you, guys...
I'll check after I take a shower. I'll keep this tab open as a reminder to myself.

Edit: Nvm I guess Luma got it.

>"For the next 236 years, Lucifer spent them exploring the vast hidden wonders of the world"
Should be 200 years. His age at the time of turning (36) subtracted from his actual age.

Here's a cheat sheet:
1781: Born (236 years ago)
1817: Turned into Vori (200 years ago)
2017: Came to Omnibus (present)
OH MY GAWD, THANK YOU SO MUCH! I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW EASILY YOU DEFEATED MATH! THANK YOU AGAIN! AND SORRY FOR THE CAPS LOCK. MY BRAIN'S STILL SMOKING AFTER TRYING TO FIGURE THIS OUT BY MYSELF FOR THE SECOND TIME, BUT YOU JUST SAVED ME! I AM FREE!

Also, if you want his apparent age in the present to be 16, he would've been 14 when he was first changed, as you said his appearance aged 2 years between 1817 and 2017. Hope this helps.
So, for make things easier, I should say he didn't age at all or Vori needs to actually age?

So, for make things easier, I should say he didn't age at all or Vori needs to actually age?
Just change this:
"... and his appearance was like a 16 years old teenager."
To:
"14 year old teenager" and it works fine.

All done. Thank you so much, Luma and sorry for bothering you. As you can see, Math is my great weakness! Now, I'll just wait for Kaga approval before thinking how to introduce Lucifer. Luckily, I got this one! ;)

@Shinku⭐Kun

During his free time, he built stuff, his first complete invention been a robot able to speak thanks to a complicated database and move fairly enough like a human being.

The only reason I brought up the age thing in the first place was because of anachronisms like this, and I don't think this has been fixed at all. :/

I didn't even have any issue with the numbers you originally used in terms of just... being a lifespan that could work for a Vori. My point was "after doing the math to figure out what year he would've been born in, make sure his backstory makes sense with that time period". If Lucifer is 236 years old, then he would've been born in 1781. Building robots doesn't make sense for that time period. The numbers you have now are slightly different than what you had originally, but the main issue still stands.

If you want to say that he built robots -- therefore implying that he grew up in a relatively modern time period -- then you would need to make him much younger. He would've had to have only become a Vori relatively recently.

Or, per Luma's suggestion earlier, you could just find 18th/19th century equivalents of the things currently mentioned in your backstory. A robot is too far out there, but you could probably think of other inventions that would've been equally impressive at that point in history.

Does that make sense?

would've had to have
In other news, the fact that I had to use the same verb three times in a row in order to convey what I was trying to say just goes to show that English is a completely broken language.

@Shinku⭐Kun

If the math is troubling you, here's a formula you can try:

FIRST, decide what time period you want Lucifer to have grown up in. Don't think about age in terms of a number just yet, just think of what point in time you want him to have grown up. If you want robots, I'm thinking you'll have to go with the mid-20th century at the absolute earliest (so, 1950s, 60s, 70s, etc). (If there are any history buffs reading this who would like to correct me on this subject, please do.)

Next, choose a specific date that you want to be his year of birth. This is relatively arbitrary. For sake of example, let's say 1964.

The formula needed to determine his age is: 2017 - X, with X being his year of birth. If X = 1964, then we're calculating 2017 - 1964, which equals 53. If Lucifer was born in 1964, he would be 53 years old.

Sorry to sound like a math textbook. I'm really not as concerned with numbers as I am with having a backstory that makes sense for your chosen age. If you're having trouble checking the math, yourself, then I thought it might make sense to first choose the point in history that you want him to have grown up in, and then calculate his age.

Does this make sense? Or did I just make everything worse?

• Useful
Reactions: Stray Shinku
@Shinku⭐Kun

Also, when you're finished making your next round of edits to the CS, please either re-post the CS entirely or just post a link to the original post. It's starting to get buried, and not needing to go back several pages to dig it up makes things a lot easier.

Also @Luma, I don't know if you were already considering doing this or what, but, please don't post for Luna until I can get a post for Kaessya in. I already have a lot of content to react to... owo"""

I regret not telling Eru to hold off on that last IC post. For numerous reasons.

In any case. @Eruantien, how big are those moss creatures? I know you described them as "standing above the tallest mangroves", but like, I feel like I don't even have a very good frame of reference for how tall a mangrove is.

Also, I wanted to get a post out for Kaessya today, but now I'm not sure that'll happen. I'll need at least another day, maybe two.

Also, it feels weird to react to events that everyone else in the group seems to have already moved past, but it's too important to not address... so... bleh.

I regret not telling Eru to hold off on that last IC post. For numerous reasons.

In any case. @Eruantien, how big are those moss creatures? I know you described them as "standing above the tallest mangroves", but like, I feel like I don't even have a very good frame of reference for how tall a mangrove is.

Also, I wanted to get a post out for Kaessya today, but now I'm not sure that'll happen. I'll need at least another day, maybe two.

Also, it feels weird to react to events that everyone else in the group seems to have already moved past, but it's too important to not address... so... bleh.
Welp, sorry... been a bit RP-deprived lately. I'll not jump ahead so eagerly in the future.

I picture the mangroves to range from 20-30 feet in height, with the creatures standing anywhere from double to triple that in height.

Welp, sorry... been a bit RP-deprived lately. I'll not jump ahead so eagerly in the future.
I mean, you really didn't "jump ahead eagerly". You asked if I was ok with you posting before me, and I said yes. I regret that decision. But, you really didn't do anything wrong... :/

And I was looking forward to catching up on RPing, too. The problem is that it is becoming difficult to do that, and I still have other work to do, so I don't want to spend too much time on it... @_@

Edit: You can post for Raymond in Altera if your RPing itch still isn't satisfied. o3o

I mean, you really didn't "jump ahead eagerly". You asked if I was ok with you posting before me, and I said yes. I regret that decision. But, you really didn't do anything wrong... :/

Edit: You can post for Raymond in Altera if your RPing itch still isn't satisfied. o3o
Such inter-story-weaving. But oki.

... once my laptop is fixed. :c

OH HEY NEVER MIND I WAS ABLE TO FINISH THAT POST ANYWAY, now I just have to polish and post it...

You know, the funny thing about all this is, Kaessya really shouldn't have anything to worry about. Those monsters aren't demons, and they shouldn't be able to physically harm her. In fact, even if they swallowed her, they wouldn't be able to digest her, and she could easily claw her way back out. :P

BUT, you know, fear does funny things to the rational mind... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: IceQueen
@Kagayours
I fixed my Backstory and modify my age and all that stuff. This math thing is killing me. See if I finally did that right this time. (sorry for not been that brilliant mind in Math...)

OPEN SIGNUPS - Omnibus Academy

@Shinku⭐Kun

Ehhh. I noticed that you toned the robot thing down a bit, but like, was robotics a field that existed at all in the 1700s? I'm going to need some history buff to help me out on this one...

Either way,

Everything happened when Lucifer was building a hologram device in the backyard of his house.

I don't think holograms could've possibly existed in the 1700s.

Once again, the exact numbers and the math aren't as big a deal as making sure the backstory makes sense. You've changed the age several times so far, but the number is always roughly the same. And if Lucifer is 200+ years old, then he would've grown up in the late 1700s/early 1800s. This is why I said, "think of what period in time you want him to have grown up in, and then subtract that year from 2017".

If the math is confusing you, let's try a different approach.

What time period do you want Lucifer to have grown up in? Don't edit the CS or do any math yet. Just answer that question for me, and I'll figure out what his age should be.

In every iteration of his CS so far, he has grown up in the late 1700s/early 1800s. Is that the age that you want him to have grown up in? I don't think that's the case, since his backstory doesn't seem to support it. Instead, the backstory seems to have originally been written in the mindset that this was all happening in the modern day, without accounting for the fact that the character is supposed to be several centuries old. I can only assume that this isn't the time period that you wanted him to have grown up in.

If you actually wanted him to have grown up in this time period, then the math is fine. But you'll need to edit the backstory so that it isn't so anachronistic.

If you wanted him to have grown up in another time period, then tell me that, and I'll tell you what age he should be. I can see that the math is confusing you, so just... don't worry about it. I'll do the math for you, once you tell me what time period he was born into.

Ehhh. I noticed that you toned the robot thing down a bit, but like, was robotics a field that existed at all in the 1700s? I'm going to need some history buff to help me out on this one...
It has been a subject spoken even in earlier time, believe it or not. Here's so curious and cool information.
Robotics - Wikipedia
Look at the History section specifically

Lucifer born in 1962, a year after the first installed industrial robot. But again, robots have been something that a lot of people have been working and/or talk years earlier. I want Lucifer to born in this age (1960's -1970's maybe?).

And, yes, I completely forgot about the hologram thing. That's something that definitely out of age there. I'll fix that later after finally solving this Math thing that's been killing me for these 2 or 3 days (I'm sorry for been a pain in the ass for you, man... Again, Math is not my forte, but I don't give up that easily...)

It has been a subject spoken even in earlier time, believe it or not. Here's so curious and cool information.
Robotics - Wikipedia
Look at the History section specifically
Lucifer born in 1962, a year after the first installed industrial robot.
Ok, so, just so you're aware of what went wrong before -- I said that robots couldn't have been around in the late 1700s, and you said that they had actually been around for "years earlier", and then you linked me to a Wikipedia page where the earliest date listed in the history section was in the 1940s. So, I was still correct, because robots wouldn't have been a thing until almost 200 years after the late 1700s.

I think what happened is that you got the 1700s confused with the 1970s. o_o"

The late 1700s is when the United States declared its independence and became its own country, to give you a frame of reference for how long ago that was. 1970 is the year that the Beatles broke up. While there is an argument to be made that these events were equally monumental, they happened a very long span of time apart. Your parents were probably alive in 1970, to give you a frame of reference for how relatively recent that was. o_o"

If you wanted Lucifer to be born in 1962, then he would be 55 years old. This also means that he wouldn't have been a Vori for very long, but, that kind of makes sense, given that you didn't have a ton of info about his life as a Vori in his backstory, last I checked.

Let me know if you still need help calculating any of the other numbers (like when he became a Vori and all that), assuming you're satisfied with him only being 55.

Status
Not open for further replies.