• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what happened is that you got the 1700s confused with the 1970s. o_o"
Well then... Everything makes so much sense. Damn, I cannot believe I made such a terrible mistake. I just want to dig myself as deep as possible now... >-<
Let me know if you still need help calculating any of the other numbers (like when he became a Vori and all that), assuming you're satisfied with him only being 55.
Yes, I've thought a lot about Lucifer's age, basing myself by the stuff he made trhough his life. I first thought for him to be younger, like 25 or so, but then I realize that'll be strange for a person that supposed to read more than a half of books from the bigest Llibrary in the world. So, yes, I'm satisfy for him to be 55 years. Now, my question is what I need to change now (I know have to change the hollogram thingy as well).

Well then... Everything makes so much sense. Damn, I cannot believe I made such a terrible mistake. I just want to dig myself as deep as possible now... >-<

Yes, I've thought a lot about Lucifer's age, basing myself by the stuff he made trhough his life. I first thought for him to be younger, like 25 or so, but then I realize that'll be strange for a person that supposed to read more than a half of books from the bigest Llibrary in the world. So, yes, I'm satisfy for him to be 55 years. Now, my question is what I need to change now (I know have to change the hollogram thingy as well).
So he was turned to a Vori this year then? In that case, the last paragraph needs to be changed and 14 year old needs to be swapped back to 16 xD

Also, if he was building the hologram device this year then that's probably fine, you don't need to change it. We have simple holograms nowadays.
hologram4_3395957b.jpg

So he was turned to a Vori this year then? In that case, the last paragraph needs to be changed and 14 year old needs to be swapped back to 16 xD

Also, if he was building the hologram device this year then that's probably fine, you don't need to change it. We have simple holograms nowadays.
hologram4_3395957b.jpg
Wait, did Shinku say that he wanted Lucifer to have become a Vori only this year?

When I said he would have to be 55, that's including the amount of time spent as a Vori. If he was turned at, say, age 25 -- then that means he lived for 25 years as a human, and then 30 years as a Vori, thus adding up to a total of 55 years.

Did I make that clear enough, Shinku? Or did you think I meant that he would've had to have been turned at age 55?

Also, Luma, if Lucifer was turned only this year -- then I have no idea why his "apparent age" would need to be changed back to 16. :/ In fact, if anything, wouldn't that mean that his apparent age would be 55, as he wouldn't have had any time to regain a more youthful appearance?

Also, Shinku, if you really did plan on Lucifer only having been turned this year -- then I don't think he would be able to keep any of his "extra" Vori powers, as he wouldn't have had time to eat enough magic to develop any of those traits. :/

Edit: This is becoming very confusing to continue to talk about through only text. o_o" Do both of you use Discord? Maybe this would be easier to discuss if we could talk in real-time... just a suggestion.

Last edited:
Or did you think I meant that he would've had to have been turned at age 55?
Yes, I thought you mean this, my bad. Also, no, I don't want Lucifer to be turned into a Vori this year. I want him to have a minimum of 200 years or so (it can be less if that makes things easier) after he became a Vori.

And, yes, I have Discord. It'll be really nice if we can discuss that over there rather than flooding this OOC (I feel really bad for making so much trouble already... .-. I also don't understand why this age thing matters so much. Nobody will ask Lucifer about it in the roleplay. Just saying, though...)

Yes, I thought you mean this, my bad. Also, no, I don't want Lucifer to be turned into a Vori this year. I want him to have a minimum of 200 years or so (it can be less if that makes things easier) after he became a Vori.

If you want a minimum of 200 years, then he can't have the robotics thing. A minimum of 200 years means he would've been born in the late 1700s. Robotics couldn't have been a thing back then. It's just too far back.

The age that he became a Vori doesn't matter. All I was saying is, if you want the robotics thing, then he would have to be ~55 years old, including the time spent as a Vori. You can't have a minimum of 200 years and the robotics thing.

. I also don't understand why this age thing matters so much. Nobody will ask Lucifer about it in the roleplay. Just saying, though...)

Like I said before, the only reason I brought up the age thing at all is because you said that he was over 200 years old, which means he grew up in the late 1700s, and he built robots in his spare time. That is anachronistic. You need a backstory that makes sense -- building robots in the 1700s doesn't add up, especially since he was only a normal human at the time.

I realize that the math is confusing you, and I don't want to make you feel bad about it -- but, if you're this confused by the math, then I kind of have to give longer explanations in order to make sure you understand what I'm trying to say... I honestly didn't expect there to be nearly this much confusion when I brought it up. I thought that just saying "either remove the robots or make him younger" would be simple enough. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough in what needed to be changed, though. You mentioned being so confused by the math, that I emphasized the math part in order to make sure you understood it instead of being more clear about what actually needed to be changed.

If you're still confused, I'll set up a thing on Discord after I'm done with dinner.

ALSO, realizing how much frustration this was causing all of us, I thought it would be easiest if I just said "just tell me what time period you want him to have grown up in and I'll take care of the rest", so you wouldn't have to do any work. I thought I could plug in the numbers for you and then we'd be done with it. But now that that's only caused more confusion... yeah, I'll set up a Discord thing soon, so we can talk it out in real-time.

I'd even be up for voice chat if the rest of you are. That might be even more "real-time" than text chat.

• Thank You
Reactions: Stray Shinku
"just tell me what time period you want him to have grown up in and I'll take care of the rest", so you wouldn't have to do any work.
If this isn't much trouble for you, then I'll really appreciate it. So, let's talk about it on Discord to stop flooding this OOC. Right now, I don't have a mic, so we can simply text-chat.

@Luma Actually, use this link:

Discord

Feel free to stop by whenever you're back online. We might still need your ambassador perspective on things.

@chaosheart13 @gamer5 @Eruantien @Shinku⭐Kun @Luma @IceQueen @Yorika @Psuedoku @Sail @Takashi @AnimeLover_Princess @Rowdybull @Roose Hurro @munchkinomatic

The 2nd post of the OOC -- which contains the race/character lists, as well as the "Where is Everyone" list, has just been merged with the first post. This means that all important information for the RP can be found in the first post of the OOC. Right now, though, it's a bit of an eyesore. So, I'll probably reformat and pretty it up a bit soon.

Just wanted to let you all know what's up, so that you're not confused when you realize that the 2nd post isn't there anymore. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Looks good to me! But I'll let Luma look at it one more time just to make sure the aging thing still makes sense.
Looks good to me.

Reactions: Stray Shinku
Reactions: Kagayours
Man, it feels really good finally seeing Lucifer's name after all the trouble I had creating him! x3 So hype to introduce him later!
I find it highly amusing that your two latest characters have the names of fallen angels, and neither of them are actual 'demons'.

I find it highly amusing that your two latest characters have the names of fallen angels, and neither of them are actual 'demons'.
So, finally somebody noticed that, huh xD
I"m just love fallen angels names for a reason I still not found out yet. Call me crazy, maybe?

Quick update:

@chaosheart13 @gamer5 @Eruantien @Luma @IceQueen @Psuedoku @Sail @Takashi @AnimeLover_Princess @Rowdybull @Roose Hurro @Shinku⭐Kun @munchkinomatic

Yorika has been inactive for a few months now, so I decided to count her as a drop-out and move all her stuff to the Graveyard -- except for The Divide (the space between realms), which I decided was important enough that I should take control of it, especially since I also counted the Deities as being from that realm.

Expect more maintenance/aesthetic touch-ups to all the content in that general region in the near future.

• Useful
Reactions: Eru
More updates:

@chaosheart13 @gamer5 @Eruantien @Luma @IceQueen @Psuedoku @Sail @Takashi @AnimeLover_Princess @Rowdybull @Roose Hurro @Shinku⭐Kun @munchkinomatic

Like I said before, I want to start doing some major maintenance work on all the content that was moved from Luma's post into mine. I'm not finished yet, but, here's what I've accomplished so far:
  • Hachiro Terra and Psuedoku are now considered dropouts due to inactivity. I moved the Duclous race and Aelos (char) to the graveyard.
  • I made myself ambassador of the Devos (previously owned by Raven Haruka) and Frears (previously owned by Psuedoku). It's already known that races generally don't get moved to the graveyard if an active player still has a character for that race. But, instead of leaving an inactive ambassador's name there, I decided it would be best to shift such things to GM control from here on out.
    • I also added an asterisk to each race/realm for whom this is the case, and added a little blurb at the bottom of the race/realm tabs explaining this.
  • I moved the "disclaimer: these are only short summaries" thing that used to come before all the tabs (in Luma's post), and moved it inside both the race and realm tabs. It just didn't make sense to come before all the tabs now that the posts have been merged -- and it never applied to the character tab, anyway.
  • The graveyarded races and realms have been condensed into bulleted lists, and removed the short descriptions. The fact that the graveyarded race/realm lists were just as big and clunky as their non-graveyarded counterparts -- despite not really needing to be so drawn-out, and despite the fact that the graveyarded characters got condensed into a neat bulleted list -- has been bothering me for quite a while. Finally got around to fixing that.
  • Added Lucifer to the list of free characters
  • There are two new spoilers in the "Characters" tab -- "Alphabetical List" and "Grouped by Player" -- in addition to the "Dorm Arrangements" spoiler. Having the characters organized by their room numbers is a bit annoying when you're looking for a specific character on that list, so I thought that things would be easier to find if there were a few alternate methods of organization.
    • The "Grouped by Player" list hasn't actually been made yet, because I ran out of steam. Right now it's just an empty spoiler, but I'll get around to adding some actual content soon.
  • The race list looks really long, clunky, and awkward now that Luma's post has been merged into mine. I want to do something about that. Maybe I'll just change the order of the tabs so that the character list comes first (which, in and of itself, has its content divided into spoilers -- and a tab containing a series of spoilers is easier on the eyes than a tab that goes straight into a list of all the races, complete with short summaries beneath each name), but, we'll see what I feel like doing when I get around to that...

If you've looked at the first post recently, you may have noticed the giant "under construction" sign that's hanging right above all of the now-merged content. Technically I suppose that content was always being frequently edited, but... I plan on keeping that sign there until I'm satisfied with some of these bigger changes.

It had been a while since I got any notification of the hallway interactions. Did it progressed in anyway and I just didn't look?

Status
Not open for further replies.