Status
Not open for further replies.
Is playing a witch possible without making a race? I have a sorceress I could use.

Obviously I'll need to tweak her but it's a start.
Name: Azalia Ashburn
Height: 5"8'
Build: Thin but athletic
Appearance:
d838cfcfd6e23336fada50cbf3d4c467.jpeg

5550bda9a82bad8bd182d79c46f21d1f.jpg

1386c753eb4ac3883c2133aee12868f0.jpg

(Breasts not that big. See second picture : /)

Personality/Bio: Sweet, kind and loving... all words many would say that describe who Azalia Ashburn is. But, not many people know who she truly is. Azalia is a girl who deals with the very darkness that despite advancement... people still fear. Diving into this spiraling chaotic maelstrom Azalia's mind has paid the price. Years of needing to focus and feel the full strength of negative emotions have left her depressed and ridden with anxiety. But, despite these short coming when she is not using her powers she is smiling and energetic.

When out in public and not actively using her dark energy Azalia is often smiling and going from place to place without worry. Energetic and full of life she sees everything through a gilded glass window. But, behind this face is a girl who, through years of challenge and adversity has formed a strong mental wall. Unyielding and relentless in her pursuit of bettering herself she has never let her inability to see slow her down. Using this disability to better herself she found uses for her powers she never imagined and through her perseverance she gained the ability to see through that which she creates..

Dark energy itself is chaotic, random, manipulative and crazy. But, one thing that it is over all else is negative. When using her dark energy powers Azalia is opening herself up to the full strength of her most feared emotions. Having to feel them, experience them and grasp them to form the energy required it undoubtedly leaves an impact on her when finished. The aftermath of her conjuring the energy can only bedescribed as blank. Unable to deal with the feelings any long she simply blanks herself to keep from breaking down when it matters. Whenever the event ends the full brunt of what she was keeping down hits her often causing severe bouts of depression that last until she levels herself out. The intensity of these episodes are dependent on the amount of energy required.

Flaws:

Near sightless- At any distance farther than a foot Azalia can not see. Due to this she relies on the sight granted to her by the creatures she constructs.

Depression: Stemming from the chaotic side of her powers the raw dark energy corrupts not only the constructs she gives life to through darkness but her mind.

Physical Weakness: Lacking in strength Azalia relies on her speed and creations to shield herself rather than blocking with her own strength. She is far from as durable as others.

Power Compilation: Construct magic/Dark energy manipulation.

Construct Magic
  1. Matter Manipulation- It matters not if it is a solid, liquid, gas or plasma, if it exists it can be bent to Azalia's will. Shaping this matter Azalia uses only her minds and her hands to guide the construction and creation of whatever it is she is trying to do. This process itself is done through incantation and strong concentration. Doing this in a combat zone requires serious concentration and mental willpower.
  2. Energy Bonds- Following the construction of whatever Azalia is attempting to build comes the bonding process. This process takes time as Azalia must inscribe the corresponding runes to allow the energy transfer to take place without a break in the chain.During this long process any interruptions could end up turning horrible as the energy being transferred could escape and go else where in the world.
  3. Seal- The seal is the last step before the activation of the construct. At this stage Azalia has two options ahead of her. With the seal closed the construct can be activated. If it remains open it can be used at a later date if required. More often than not Azalia keeps many normal construct seal's broken so she can work on them when required.
  4. Activation- The spells and magic required to bring the construct to life require all previous steps to have taken place without any interruption. The entire process depends on the size of theconstruct. It can take five minutes to two weeks to bring a construct to life. If all previous steps were completed Azalia can begin the incantation to bestow upon the creation the breath of life. This last step drains Azalia deeply as she siphons off her own life force togive it to her creation
Dark energy manipulation-
  • Stitch- Through the manipulation of dark energy Azalia can reach out beyond her normal arms length to grab objects. The shadows surrounding her seem to stretch and writhe like living energy. These threads can shoot out to act like needles, anchors or even another hand if enough are used on one task.
  • Chaotic theory (Passive)- This is the advanced version of Murphy's Law. Instead of things happening at a whim, things around Azalia will begin to malfunction, spark and even stop working for a period of time. Things that have a low chance of occurring now have a higher chance of occurring. Bad luck follows Azalia and afflicts those around her.
  • Dark Manifestation- Pulling energy from the raw negative emotion of what makes us all human has unusual consequences. More often than not, things come along with the energy when it bursts intoreality. What these things are is not known. Only Azalia knowswhat these energy anomalies are. Often, they dance around her causing mischief and chaos before being rounded up by the girl. They are at their basic, chaotic and distrustful.
  • Dark Possession- Unsure of what exactly she has on her hands Azalia has been pushing the anomalies into her creations by bonding them directly to therunes. After this process she will seal the construct shut leaving the anomaly to act accordingly and move with a physical body. Proving stronger and faster than normal constructs it didn't take long for the downsides to show as well. For all their benefits they were still at their core dark and chaotic. The creations at all times must be close or near Azalia for her to actively control them without them wandering around causing chaos. (Essentially she needs to herd the smaller ones.) Over time the constructs will change their outward appearance to look more like what they truly are.
  • Dark Revival- Calling upon the power of the anomalies around her she amplifies her own powers for a magical incantation meant to bring those that have perished back to life. Highly looked down upon and only doing it in secret it has left Azalia with an odd fascination with the dead. What she has done with this magical ability so far is unknown.

Is playing a witch possible without making a race? I have a sorceress I could use.
You would need to make a race in order to determine the rules regarding how a witch or sorceress would work, what sorts of abilities they can have, etc. That's exactly why we have race sheets in the first place. If anyone could make a "magic-using human" without needing to adhere to a race sheet, then we might wind up with some wildly different magic-using humans, because there'd be no set of rules for what is or isn't possible to do with those kinds of characters. Sorry, I know that making a race sheet is more work -- but, it is necessary to have...

Honestly, I feel like it doesn't even make sense for me to read your character sheet -- because there are no established lore or rules that it should fit. And so, I don't know what possible issues I would even be looking for if I tried reading it...

• Useful
Reactions: Mook-LandStrider
You would need to make a race in order to determine the rules regarding how a witch or sorceress would work, what sorts of abilities they can have, etc. That's exactly why we have race sheets in the first place. If anyone could make a "magic-using human" without needing to adhere to a race sheet, then we might wind up with some wildly different magic-using humans, because there'd be no set of rules for what is or isn't possible to do with those kinds of characters. Sorry, I know that making a race sheet is more work -- but, it is necessary to have...

Honestly, I feel like it doesn't even make sense for me to read your character sheet -- because there are no established lore or rules that it should fit. And so, I don't know what possible issues I would even be looking for if I tried reading it...

Its no problem :P. I just wake up from my attempt at sleep, dazed abs confused and add ideas up. It'll all come together in the morning. My medicine makes me trip out so I am sorry.

It's basic math
Oh, we meet again, my old nemesis! >;c

But, yes, I kind of understand what you mean. I'll work on that now and hopefully, I'll be able to fix it.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kagayours
Its no problem :P. I just wake up from my attempt at sleep, dazed abs confused and add ideas up. It'll all come together in the morning. My medicine makes me trip out so I am sorry.
That's fine, take all the time you need! I know I personally take a few days minimum to make a CS or anything like that, usually much longer! There's no rush to get something in.

Reactions: Angelic Fusion
There are a couple races that resemble "magic humans." Awaïtai and Vori come to mind. There's a few others like Nul and Freaers, but those first two have the most relaxed magic guidelines (the both can have almost any powers, depending on the character).

Also I feel like a car salesperson when I'm suggesting races like this. "Yeah, this is a real nice one; check out these cool features. So whadda ya say? Could ya see yourself drivin' around as one of these fine species?" xD

Reactions: Stray Shinku
@Luma @Kagayours

Can you guys please check if I did the math correctly this time. My brain can't stand this anymore! Math is my only weakness and it's so deadly...

Also I feel like a car salesperson when I'm suggesting races like this. "Yeah, this is a real nice one; check out these cool features. So whadda ya say? Could ya see yourself drivin' around as one of these fine species?" xD

DisneyInspiredDeen_Sketch.png

Yes, I could....... :bsmile:

I've been afk for a bit and I'm honestly confused who's turn it is, I might as well post a response lol

XD not trying to toot my own horn, but the Caens are also human like, but their magic is done more in a Yu-Gi-Oh/Magic sorta way

There are a couple races that resemble "magic humans." Awaïtai and Vori come to mind. There's a few others like Nul and Freaers, but those first two have the most relaxed magic guidelines (the both can have almost any powers, depending on the character).
Ok, but, they all still have race sheets, which means they don't have the issue I was talking about. >.>

If you just have a "magic human" without needing to specify an existing race, then, again, there's the issue of just having magic humans without any rules to adhere to. Which means we'll have non-specified magic humans that are all very different from each other because they don't have any rules to follow. The Awaitai and Vori will still be relatively similar within members of those races... because they do have a race sheet to follow. >.>

Name singular: Viska
Name plural: Vände
Powers/Abilities:
Demonology Directed Towards Their Own Plane
Chaotic Energy drawn directly from the deity that they worship known as Ira, Queen of the Abysmal Cliff
Construct Magic:
Natural magical affinity before the fall of the race from grace. Now corrupted it takes the form of temporal warping and the calling of material from their own plane to fuel whatever it is they are trying to make. It is not instant and takes concentration. These constructs can be brought to life through the same means but are far from lawful entities. Corrupted by the very essence of the Queen they serve their creators without folly but are distrustful, chaotic and all around otherworldly in social run ins with any other. Often the smaller entities will dance around and cause mischief... some may call them Gremlins.

Acute Listeners: Coming from a society where place and holding of prestige is highly sought after these creatures has developed a keen ability to hear compared to sight. Voice to Voice as well as singing is a way of often transmitting information even through inscription and distance. (Alot of Inner Backstabbing occurs.)

Abyssal Voice: Despite their dark nature the Vände are as close to Angelic singers as one may be able to find. Using their voices they are able to channel their own abilities and magics in unison with the others. Led in prayer or guidance in construction by a high priestess the convent is able to raise massive buildings or means of war in days rather than years.

Lifespan: Indiscriminate "Only in Death do our voices cease"

Physical description:
Sleek and almost elven like in appearance, their bodies are far more akin to a high temperature or a colder temperature dependent on where on their plane they dwell. This can be found in the changing of their skins pitch from a darker shade of olive to a shade of ethereal blue if the temperature drops f

Cultural description: Built on a matriarch society these individuals form circles around their religious matriarchs. Born into their caste system the very strongest of the priestesses are Demi-Gods of their own right. Born to their queen and deity they are given the surname Ira in reverence to their position.

Those born without the ability of sight are held in the highest regard and hold the strongest connection to their mother. While men can be born into the higher castes sightless they are often forced into warrior roles. Focusing their energies towards defense of their culture rather than building and maintaining of the culture.

A Typical life revolves around reverence to their all mother, taking part in prayer or in simple day to day society. Although they are a highly religious society they have manifested vast ends of technology due to their connection to the Occult and Demonic forces of their plane. The devices they use are of otherworld design and simply exist through the will of Ira. Capable of dimensional travel and invasion their often peaceful society can be mustered for an invasion at the will of the priestesses who communicate with their god. While more artistic than combatant, their sheer ability to construct materials and infuse them with their planes chaotic entities makes them off putting to those creatures that know of their existence. As such, since their fall they have only been invaded on two occasions. The cultures that had tried to assimilate them had been in turn devoured by the entities that call their plane home. To walk among the Maw is to enter the very mouth of Insanity and Chaos.

Realm: 88th Circle Of the Abyss (Maw of Ira)
Other:
History Suggests they are a Fallen Elven Culture who fell with their goddess into the Circles of the Abyss. Despite this they have been flourishing and appear to be returning to a more neutral standpoint rather than their once chaotic evil standpoint.

Despite being an Abyssal plane the many areas of this existence are covered in wilderness and are often far more beautiful than one may even imagine. But, despite this temperate zone the cultural capitals stand in contrast with one another yet live in harmony. On the two polar sides of the plane are the Subarctic Zone and the Immensely volcanic zone. Both of which hold the capital of the North and South of their society.

There are three priestesses with the title Ira but only one Sightless Matriarch.

(Victoria's Own Voice)

Short description: "To those who seek us, we beseech you. Listen as we sing the song of creation, our mistress whispers as we sing... do you hear the voices? The world beckons to our call... we are the Vände... and we shall be heard... To those who seek to harm us... Silence... Silence shall fall."

Name: Victoria Ira
Race: Viska
Height: 5"8'
Build: Thin but athletic, her body stands curved and filled in almost in a godly manner. Although a Demi-Deity in her own right she is far more mortal than anything else.

Appearance:
(Because the Boobs seem to be the focal point on the last two please look to the first picture for bust. It is a C-Cup)
5550bda9a82bad8bd182d79c46f21d1f.jpg

1386c753eb4ac3883c2133aee12868f0.jpg

sample-0a1299b37411906dc1e2b8d3efac28a2.jpg

Personality/Bio: Raised among the higher echelons of her race's society Victoria was bestowed the Surname Ira "Sightless" upon birth and confirmation that she was infact blind through occult means. Due to this she has been drilled with the religious, spiritual and demonic means of their very existence. Although young she carries herself in a way that seems beyond age. Outside the view of the many tutors and teachers forced upon her the woman seems to almost unhinge herself from the position she had been born into.

Despite all this, she is still the high priestess of her society. As such, her queen speaks to her directly at all times. Like a voice in the back of her head it is often reassuring and thoughtful... but her Queen is also a deity of evil. While the daughter of their deity time has shown that Victoria has her own agenda often causing Ire among the other priestesses. As such she has served time in silent study and penance causing her to sink farther into the voice that beckons her. Upon returning from her forced penance Victoria seemed unshakable in mind and body.

Taking heed in the very knowledge given to her by her mother through constant reflection she has forged an image of herself and that of her people. Those that had originally dissented her voice were instantly cast into the depths of their plane or consumed in a ritual of preservation. Even through this inward realization she has retained the kind and loving side she had been born to rather than the darkness that was attempted to be forced into her. Oddly enough, her mother, the queen also shares this viewpoint. The Vände had for long enough sat in the shadows of chaos. While it was apart of them, it was her duty to forge their path anew... but it would take viewpoints outside of their own for her to figure out what was best for her people.

Flaws:

Sightless- Born Victoria Ira 'Sightless' she has no vision at all. Relying instead on the vision granted to her by her Queen through the very creatures she brings into the world.

Depression: Stemming from the chaotic side of her powers the raw dark energy corrupts not only the constructs she gives life to through darkness but her mind.

Physical Weakness: Lacking in strength Victoria relies on her speed and creations to shield herself rather than blocking with her own strength. She is far from as durable as others.

Construct Magic

Drawing from otherworldly sources Victoria is capable of shaping matter with her hands or through voice and stretching her mind out to grasp it. Despite not having sight she can tell if an object is near to her. Her vision in the physical world is non-existent but matter leaves a lasting impression on the very fabric of existence. Not needing to see when she is working with her powers she is an individual described as a master builder, a scientist and a lover of art. Sculpting forms from nothing she imbues these creations with the kiss of life. Breathing part of herself into everything she makes she allows it entry into the physical plane.

Chaotic Energy Manipulation-

Dark energy itself is chaotic, random, manipulative and crazy. But, one thing that it is over all else is negative. When using her dark energy powers Victoria is opening herself up to the full strength of her most feared emotions. Having to feel them, experience them and grasp them to form the energy required it undoubtedly leaves an impact on her when finished. The aftermath of her conjuring the energy can only be described as blank. Unable to deal with the feelings any long she simply blanks herself to keep from breaking down when it matters. Whenever the event ends the full brunt of what she was keeping down hits her often causing severe bouts of depression that last until she levels herself out. The intensity of these episodes are dependent on the amount of energy required.

Stitch- Through the manipulation of dark energy Victoria can reach out beyond her normal arms length to grab objects. The shadows surrounding her seem to stretch and writhe like living energy. These threads can shoot out to act like needles, anchors or even another hand if enough are used on one task.

Chaotic theory (Passive)- This is the advanced version of Murphy's Law. Instead of things happening at a whim, things around Victoria will begin to malfunction, spark and even stop working for a period of time. Things that have a low chance of occurring now have a higher chance of occurring. Bad luck follows Victoria and afflicts those around her.

Dark Manifestation- Pulling energy from the raw negative emotion of what makes us all human has unusual consequences. More often than not, things come along with the energy when it bursts into reality. What these things are is not known. Only Victoria knows what these energy anomalies are. Often, they dance around her causing mischief and chaos before being rounded up by the girl. They are at their basic, chaotic and distrustful.

Dark Possession- Unsure of what exactly she has on her hands Victoria has been pushing the anomalies into her creations by bonding them directly to the runes. After this process she will seal the construct shut leaving the anomaly to act accordingly and move with a physical body. Proving stronger and faster than normal constructs it didn't take long for the downsides to show as well. For all their benefits they were still at their core dark and chaotic. The creations at all times must be close or near Victoria for her to actively control them without them wandering around causing chaos. (Essentially she needs to herd the smaller ones.) Over time the constructs will change their outward appearance to look more like what they truly are.

Dark Revival- Calling upon the power of the anomalies around her she amplifies her own powers for a magical incantation meant to bring those that have perished back to life. Highly looked down upon and only doing it in secret it has left Victoria with an odd fascination with the dead. What she has done with this magical ability so far is unknown.

Other:
Victoria leading Prayer

WOW clearly I just woke up because I was thinking like

"We don't accept fandom characters here"

But then I realized that you said "Viska" and not "Vriska" with an R.

And that "Viska" is the name of the race, not the character.

Please excuse my tainted Homestuck brain.

Also, I won't be looking at your CS until everything in the race sheet is good-to-go (which is why I usually recommend that people wait to make a fleshed out CS until the race sheet is approved, because some things might have to be changed), but I just wanted to point out that your images are all broken in the appearance section of your CS.

Demonology Directed Towards Their Own Plane

I don't understand the "directed towards their own plane" part. I'm also not sure whether or not it's connected to the "chaotic energy" thing directly below it.

Acute Listeners: Coming from a society where place and holding of prestige is highly sought after these creatures has developed a keen ability to hear compared to sight. Voice to Voice as well as singing is a way of often transmitting information even through inscription and distance. (Alot of Inner Backstabbing occurs.)

Wait I'm confused. I thought you were saying that their sense of hearing is better than their sight, but then you also said that signing is very important (although I'm not sure why a race would need sign language if everyone has really good hearing), and then seemed to imply that eyesight is still very important... I'm also not sure what any of this has to do with prestige, or backstabbing.

Lifespan: Indiscriminate "Only in Death do our voices cease"

This doesn't make sense. It basically says "they die when they die", which isn't helpful to me. I want to know how long they live.

"Immortal" or "hundreds upon thousands of years" are both valid answers, but I do need some sort of indication of how long they actually live for.

if the temperature drops f

In the "physical description" part, I think you forgot to finish this thought...?

Those born without the ability of sight are held in the highest regard and hold the strongest connection to their mother. While men can be born into the higher castes sightless they are often forced into warrior roles.

So, an individual is actually held in higher regard if they are blind... I feel like this helps clear up my confusion from the last time that sight/hearing was mentioned, but, I still feel like I'm not being given a complete picture, here. Maybe this just needs to be explained more thoroughly?

Short description: "To those who seek us, we beseech you. Listen as we sing the song of creation, our mistress whispers as we sing... do you hear the voices? The world beckons to our call... we are the Vände... and we shall be heard... To those who seek to harm us... Silence... Silence shall fall."

This really doesn't work as a "short description". The short description should be a short, clear, and concise description of what your race is like, in basic terms. To get a better idea of what the short description should be like, maybe you could try reading the ones that already exist on the race list (as the short description is copy/pasted underneath the race name for all of them).

Overall, there were a lot of places where I had trouble understanding what was being said in this race sheet. It's possible I'm just tired, though, which is why I'm going to give this a much closer look later.

Did you whip this up in a fairly short span of time? If so, don't be afraid to take your time while making the edits. I for one can't even imagine trying to make a race sheet in less than 24 hours. I'll need at least a few days, probably much longer to make a quality race sheet. @_@ What I'm trying to say is -- you don't have to rush. Just take your time. In its current form, this will need a lot of edits before it can be accepted.

Thanks for looking it over. I'll pull it out.

I mean, you don't have to reject the concept entirely. o.o It just needs more polish, is all.

I saved it but I've literally reached a shattering point mentally right now so it's best if pull it anyway.

I saved it but I've literally reached a shattering point mentally right now so it's best if pull it anyway.
Ok... does this mean you're no longer interested in the RP, or...?

@Luma @Kagayours

Can you guys please check if I did the math correctly this time. My brain can't stand this anymore! Math is my only weakness and it's so deadly...

Did you guys check if I have everything right this time? Sorry for keep bothering you, guys...

Did you guys check if I have everything right this time? Sorry for keep bothering you, guys...
>"For the next 236 years, Lucifer spent them exploring the vast hidden wonders of the world"
Should be 200 years. His age at the time of turning (36) subtracted from his actual age.

Here's a cheat sheet:
1781: Born (236 years ago)
1817: Turned into Vori (200 years ago)
2017: Came to Omnibus (present)

Also, if you want his apparent age in the present to be 16, he would've been 14 when he was first changed, as you said his appearance aged 2 years between 1817 and 2017. Hope this helps.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Stray Shinku
Status
Not open for further replies.