Status
Not open for further replies.
@gamer5 @Shinku⭐Kun @IceQueen @Psuedoku @Sail @Katharina @Takashi @Yorika @Rowdybull @Roose Hurro @Sail @munchkinomatic @Eruantien

As I have mentioned before, I'll be starting Spring Break soon. The plan was (and, really, still is) that I will go home around noon on Friday. My plans for the rest of the day and Friday morning are so busy that I didn't think I would be online much until Friday evening. However, I have just found out that a wind storm knocked the power out back home, and we don't know when it will be back. I've been told that it could be down for a week or more. This means that the battery life on all of my devices is about to become a rather limited commodity. Theoretically I could still get plenty of use out of my devices now while I still have access to power, but... like I said, I'll be busy for much of that time frame.

Does this mean I won't be able to do the posts that I said I would do over Spring Break? Ehh... maybe? I have relatives who live decently close-by who will be letting us use their power as needed, which means that I at least won't be forced to make just one charge last all week. I also certainly plan to like... enjoy my vacation, at least to the best of my ability, and even my non-electronic hobbies still require access to a light source (so, I may find it difficult to read books or re-organize my Pokemon card collection after sunset, for example...) I also have actual homework that requires the use of my laptop, and I may need to prioritize that over other things.

What I'm trying to say is: I will still need to ration out my battery life between many things, and some of those things may just be purely for entertainment purposes, since my current sleep schedule means that I tend to sleep till noon and not go to bed until well past midnight, but my med schedule makes it hard to be productive late at night (not to mention the fact that I want to cut down on my dosage a bit during break anyway, meaning it'll run out even sooner in the day), so I may have an existential crisis if I can't find any way to entertain myself after dark... BUT I will still have at least some opportunities to re-charge my devices over break, so I'll probably be able to get around to doing at least some of the RP-related stuff that I wanted to do. We'll just have to see how everything works out. :/

The point is, I probably won't be continuing my regular routine of spending a ton of time lazing around on Iwaku and being active enough that I still see everything that happens even if I don't have the brain power to give detailed responses or write IC posts. For the next week or so, expect that my online presence will be much more conservative and task-oriented.

TL;DR -- KAGA DOES NOT HAVE POWER AND MUST RATION HER LAPTOP/PHONE BATTERY LIFE, and also my 3DS battery life, although that's not really relevant to being able to get IC posts up. Come Friday, I will also be putting a notice about this in my signature so that Gwazi will know about it because I can't be bothered to deal with that fucking username of his right now.

PS: Do not be fooled by the length of this message into thinking that I have lots of time on my hands this evening. I don't. I just suck at being concise, and I'm already upset at myself for taking so long to write this.

Hope things go better for you. A snowstorm is headed my way, so we might lose power soon.

Ah the problems that this part of the world I live in doesn't have... I hope all works out okay for you Kaga and that you can be on as much as possible.

• Thank You
Reactions: Kagayours
UPDATE:

@gamer5 @Shinku⭐Kun @IceQueen @Psuedoku @Sail @Katharina @Takashi @Yorika @Rowdybull @Roose Hurro @Sail @munchkinomatic @Eruantien

So, the electricity situation is not as bad as I thought! Or at least, in terms of how it affects me personally, it's not so bad. Objectively, it's really a lot worse than I thought. Apparently my hometown is literally in a state of emergency, and the outage apparently means that my house doesn't have heat, either, thus making it barely livable. BUT, this means that my parents have already made arrangements for me to live with a relative who does have power (which is much better than only popping by every so often to charge devices, which was my original assumption). Admittedly I didn't ask my mom for a lot of details about the situation when I was first told about it because I didn't want to perpetuate the stereotype of the millennial who panics at the very thought of a dead phone battery, but, apparently I'm not alone in this need. A lot of schools and even retail establishments have opened themselves up to the public as "charging stations", offering power and wi-fi to the many people without it. Looks like I'm not too crazy for being concerned about not being able to use my devices, and my peers are all a bit more sympathetic towards that need than I expected. ^^"

So, life still might be pretty crazy for a while, and I might be bouncing around between a few different living spaces until my own power comes back on (assuming that even happens before break ends). But, I think my mom was spot-on when she said "I figured you'd be happier sleeping on the floor in a warm house with wi-fi than sleeping in a bed in a cold house without wi-fi"… I know that I'll at least be spending tonight (and probably tomorrow morning and maybe even a few days after that) in a house that has power, heat, internet, and food that's been frozen/refrigerated properly, and those are all things that I'm very thankful for right now. o_o" The question of where I'll be staying after tonight is still a bit up-in-the-air, but, at least I have a lot more options than I thought I did. I think I'll be alright.

In conclusion, despite the literal state of emergency, the comfort that I'll still have power, internet, and won't have to rely solely on natural sources of light for a good chunk of the time means that most of my original spring break plans can actually carry on without much issue, relatively speaking. o_o" So… that's a good thing to look forward to! BUT, it's definitely worth keeping in mind that things are still kinda crazy right now, so my online presence still won't be quite as consistent as it would've been if the power never went out at all. I'll try to keep you guys updated whenever something major happens, but, in the meantime, don't be too surprised if I suddenly vanish for a day or two.

@Kagayours

I know how that whole thing feels because that same thing happened to me a few months ago. The main power plant that brings electricity to the whole island that I live unexpectedly exploded, creating a god damn chaos that felt like the end of the world was happening for almost everyone. For a whole week and a bit more, I think, my whole country was in a state of emergency with no power at all, but there were a few that were lucky enough to have power plants in their homes (the noises were a pain n the ass that didn't let me sleep in the nights). The funny thing was that local hotels made special offers for those that wanted to stay there because they couldn't handle been in their homes with no Wi-Fi and electricity (I was shocked to see that almost every hotel was packed after that x'D)

In short, I'm happy that you're okay and that everything's not that fucked. Good luck and hold on there, buddy.

• Love
Now I fell really bad for you that have to live on minimal connections to power plants. Not only where I live (Istria if you are curious BTW) is relatively free of major disasters (at worst we have a small and rare tornado on the south of the peninsula that rips apart trough some campsite), it also has a coal fuelled power plant and a major power connection to the rest of the Europe trough Slovenia (which passes right trough my home town) so a total power outrage is unlikely except if some series of freaky and unfortunate accident bring both of those down at the same time...

Now I fell really bad for you that have to live on minimal connections to power plants. Not only where I live (Istria if you are curious BTW) is relatively free of major disasters (at worst we have a small and rare tornado on the south of the peninsula that rips apart trough some campsite), it also has a coal fuelled power plant and a major power connection to the rest of the Europe trough Slovenia (which passes right trough my home town) so a total power outrage is unlikely except if some series of freaky and unfortunate accident bring both of those down at the same time...
I don't think it's the plants that are an issue as much as the power lines...

That being said: I only just now realized that my avatar is a power plant and I find that amusing, given my situation.

Edit: That isn't even a metaphor or anything, by the way. The character in my avatar/signature is literally a power plant in humanoid form. Because Trigun is great and I highly recommend it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rowdybull
I don't think it's the plants that are an issue as much as the power lines...

That being said: I only just now realized that my avatar is a power plant and I find that amusing, given my situation.

Edit: That isn't even a metaphor or anything, by the way. The character in my avatar/signature is literally a power plant in humanoid form. Because Trigun is great and I highly recommend it.

That's a bit better situation than you were in :) Hope the power line problem is fixed soon enough.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: IceQueen
So Kaga is still around here somewhere (pokes the cloud) but I've gone ahead and re-updated the location listing in the 2nd post of this thread. Feel free to read through it; differences from last time are once again underlined.

One thing I've noticed is that nobody has made mention to any actual classes, like in school. In my opinion, I'd recommend that if anybody might be lacking something interesting to write about for their next post, they could have their characters investigate what sort of classes there might be, or that they could possibly take with another character.
Obviously classes are still 'optional', but it's just a hunch I have, that some characters might enjoy looking into these things.

Aside from that, I've heard whispers of rumors of the ever-growing mischief being built in the background by a few characters at the Academy. If you're interested in what those might be, I'd recommend that you should go exploring the grounds a bit farther from the comfort of the dorms.

Finally, I'd just like to say that people should be unafraid to "take the reins" of their character's story. By that, I mean that there's nothing stopping you from playing aggressively, and not simply watching the action. For instance, we've already had gravity removal, a nonstop jellybean flood, a minor tornado, deaths & the literal summoning of the grim reapers, and the like; don't be hesitant to use your character's powers, especially since I imagine this school won't be peaceful for much longer. Obviously, remember to contact the player behind the character first, if you intend to do something as drastic as kicking them into a different planet.

• Love
Ok, hold up, I'm confused.

So I was just in contact with @IceQueen, asking how all the plans with @Shinku⭐Kun were going. IceQueen said she was confused because someone tagged her in the IC and she didn't know why. I found the IC post in question (which was posted by @chaosheart13), where it seemed that IceQueen was assumed to still be a part of the group that she was with before she went on hiatus. So, I was just going to make an announcement reminding everyone that Nova is currently a free character (at least until she's re-introduced) and is not part of any current group, and I was going to make sure the "where is everyone" list was accurate to reflect that.

But then that's when I realized that, according to said list, Primary is only in a group with Deen (@Roose Hurro), Ishika (@gamer5), and Neptune, much smaller than the group that was implied by the much longer tag list on chaosheart's post (which included @Takashi and @Sail). I thought that perhaps the official list was outdated, but @Eruantien says that he just updated it. And, he said that recent changes to the list were underlined -- but that entire group was underlined (not to mention they were the only ones underlined), and I wasn't sure what to make of that. Also, I then realized that my own posting notes are apparently out-of-date, and it seems that the Deen/Primary/Neptune/Ishika/Kaine/Sail/Nightshade group split up into two smaller groups, as about half of those characters are in one group on the official list and the other group is on the other -- although only one half was underlined, which I think is where part of my confusion stemmed from.

But that still raises the question of whether the split happened before or after chaosheart's post. If it was before, then chaosheart made the mistake of tagging people that he's not interacting with (perhaps not realizing that the group had split up?). And if was after chaosheart's post, then, uhh, I guess I missed something, and I should update my own posting notes to reflect that.

Or maybe it's possible that there wasn't any split at all and that Eru made a mistake somehow. I don't know, and that's why I'm tagging everyone to sort that whole thing out.

While I do like the idea of indicating where changes to the list were made compared to the previous version, I think it might be a good idea to more clearly explain what the change was in each instance... just, something to consider.

I also might want to include a section for free characters on there... which I guess is sort of what Aeolos is, and I'm sure he's not the only one.

Also, Katharina (who played Levi) hasn't been online in over a month. Therefore, I'm going to consider them to be a drop-out. I have already removed Levi from the WIE list, but, if @Eruantien can cut/paste all of her characters and things to the graveyard section for me, that would be great.

Ok, hold up, I'm confused.
... Nova is currently a free character (at least until she's re-introduced) and is not part of any current group, and I was going to make sure the "where is everyone" list was accurate to reflect that.
But then that's when I realized that, according to said list, Primary is only in a group with Deen (@Roose Hurro), Ishika (@gamer5), and Neptune, much smaller than the group that was implied by the much longer tag list on chaosheart's post (which included @Takashi and @Sail). I thought that perhaps the official list was outdated, but @Eruantien says that he just updated it. And, he said that recent changes to the list were underlined -- but that entire group was underlined (not to mention they were the only ones underlined), and I wasn't sure what to make of that. Also, I then realized that my own posting notes are apparently out-of-date, and it seems that the Deen/Primary/Neptune/Ishika/Kaine/Sail/Nightshade group split up into two smaller groups, as about half of those characters are in one group on the official list and the other group is on the other -- although only one half was underlined, which I think is where part of my confusion stemmed from.
But that still raises the question of whether the split happened before or after chaosheart's post. If it was before, then chaosheart made the mistake of tagging people that he's not interacting with (perhaps not realizing that the group had split up?). And if was after chaosheart's post, then, uhh, I guess I missed something, and I should update my own posting notes to reflect that.
Or maybe it's possible that there wasn't any split at all and that Eru made a mistake somehow. I don't know, and that's why I'm tagging everyone to sort that whole thing out.

._.

My apologies for the confusion. I'd thought everything would be clear enough due to chronological order, but I'll explain how I'm seeing things. Obviously, correct me if any of the following information is false.

Basically, the split happened a few seconds before @chaosheart13's post occurred.

The list of players tagged in @chaosheart13's post is indeed correct, because Primary interacts with both the group she leaves behind and Neptune's newly-formed band.
I assumed that none of the other players who hadn't yet reacted to this event by posting would be following along, and that is why the former LARGE group has now split into two.
In order of appearance...

Neptune and Ishika leave the Java Squirrel:
@gamer5 (Ishika)
Neptune glanced up worriedly, and latched onto the arm of the older girl in an ornate dress who had just appeared. She looked familiar; perhaps she had been nearby when Neptune was lying on the stretcher, before? She couldn't recall details very clearly. Still, Neptune needed to express gratitude, hopefully without passing out.
"Yes, thanks very much," Neptune told the girl, leaning heavily upon her arm. "I'm dreadfully sorry about all this, I just need to get over there," she continued, moving her arm in some vague forward direction. "Administration, or, whatever. Sorry to pry, but do you have anything to eat? I'm awfully hungry, and I wouldn't dream of eating any of those little beans," Neptune stated glumly as they continued forward, gesturing aside at the still-growing flood of jelly-beans of all colors.

[...]
Primary follows Neptune, also leaving the group:
[...]

@gamer5 @Roose Hurro @Eruantien @Takashi @Sail @IceQueen
Well, it seemed like they had new people coming into their little group. Primary didn't have time to say hello when the gravity was switched back on. They frowned as they slowly lighted onto the ground. At least that was one thing solved. She then looked over to Neptune, who had just woken up. And that was another thing solved.
"Mm, we should head straight to the...principal's office I believe?" they said, "If we want to prevent even more murders happening. Though I suppose finding some adult will work too." They crossed their arms and regarded the rest of the group. "I suppose everyone here should get going?"
Honestly, the jelly beans didn't really faze them, nor did the newcomers faze them. They simply grunted and began following Neptune that now seemed to be leading the group. They wondered if that was a wise thing to do, considering she fainted several times in the course of several minutes. Shaking their head and sighing, they just simply followed after Neptune and tried to ignore the rise in jelly beans.​
Deen fluffs along behind them:
The Plot Thickens...

[...]

Deen shared a glance with everyone in the group, fur all fluffed, as he also followed after the girl named Neptune, him down on all fours...
... "Honestly, the way things are going, I'm not sure anyone knows where we'll end up."
Meanwhile, a toolbox worth of Omni Bits suddenly found themselves with nothing to do....... insane day, check!

I also might want to include a section for free characters on there... which I guess is sort of what Aeolos is, and I'm sure he's not the only one.
I'll make this section, and include Nova with Aelos. I'm unsure of Nova's current location... could somebody help me out here?
Also, Katharina (who played Levi) hasn't been online in over a month. Therefore, I'm going to consider them to be a drop-out. I have already removed Levi from the WIE list, but, if @Eruantien can cut/paste all of her characters and things to the graveyard section for me, that would be great.
I'll get on this.

While I do like the idea of indicating where changes to the list were made compared to the previous version, I think it might be a good idea to more clearly explain what the change was in each instance... just, something to consider.
This would be more complicated...
I'd recommend, for the future, if anyone changes groups or moves from one location to the next, that it be clearly specified somehow, apart from the main body of the text in the IC post. For instance, I'll write a one-off:
Neptune sipped her coffee as she made her way along the balconies, skipping lightly in the fresh air. She'd been cramped up in that stuffy room with the others for far too long, and she wanted nothing more than to explore the dark building that loomed at the end of the path ahead.
Writing in this intentionally vague manner leaves several questions; where/what are that stuffy room and dark building? Who are the others?
For clarity's sake, I'd like to ask that everybody please include a sentence at the end of each new IC post, describing clearly and precisely what happened in a very short summary.
For example, as the ending sentence to the one-off I wrote above, I could write:
>Neptune moved from the Library Balcony to stand in front of the Morgue, leaving Ishika, Deen and Nightshade behind.
Just a suggestion, and one I feel would help greatly in the organizational structure as we move forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, barring any breakage or errors, the contents of @Luma's post (2nd in this thread) have been updated according to @Kagayours' instructions above.

Also, I realized I'd forgot to mention that Neptune and Ishika were together, in my post above this one. I've just updated that post to be accurate in this respect.

769c53eea35b411f0bec6344db1c7d6ecc7c022eed5ac7bb5b6ae4ebf07300a1.jpg

...But I still don't have internet. The heat's back, but it'll take a little while to return to a comfortable temperature. I'll be staying at my aunt's one more night before going home, and after that, the internet will probably be back on. If not... meh, I'll survive. Besides, I can use my phone as a hotspot if I really need to, and even without that, you'd be surprised at how much RP-related stuff I can get done even without internet access, so long as I at least have my computer. :P Or maybe I'll just find something else to do until the internet's back. Who knows.

I'll give you all another update sometime tomorrow, of course. Worst case scenario, I might still be without internet for a while. But, it probably won't be an issue. In any case, it looks like I'm almost out of the woods, and I'm glad that things got better a lot faster than I initially anticipated. o_o"

I spent way too long on Google trying to find a good image to use for the start of this message. You'd be amazed how hard it is to find that particular He Man bit, as a gif, at a decent size, and still with a caption. Eventually I had to settle for this lame, tiny one. Also, it took almost no time at all for the search results to devolve into a mess of completely-unrelated images. I even found a familiar face fairly close to the top. I don't know if he was only put there as a result of my own browsing history, or if it was just pure coincidence, but I was amused by it.

I'm unsure of Nova's current location... could somebody help me out here?
Nova isn't anywhere. Not for sure, anyway. She was in one of the existing groups, until she fell behind on posting and went on hiatus. Her character's location hasn't been addressed since -- the rest of the group moved on without her, and so she sort of just faded out of existence as everyone forgot about her.

Not that this is really an issue. I'm fine with just having a list of "free characters" who really don't need a specified location. In fact, not having a specified location actually makes it easier for other people to plan an interaction with them, as they can be placed anywhere they need to be. But, I also see how some people might find it easier to start an interaction if they do have a set location to go to, rather than needing to plan something out.

So, how about this -- we have a list of free characters, and each character listed can also include a general note of where exactly they are, with some characters simply being listed as "unspecified". Sound good?

This would be more complicated...
I'd recommend, for the future, if anyone changes groups or moves from one location to the next, that it be clearly specified somehow, apart from the main body of the text in the IC post. For instance, I'll write a one-off:
Writing in this intentionally vague manner leaves several questions; where/what are that stuffy room and dark building? Who are the others?
For clarity's sake, I'd like to ask that everybody please include a sentence at the end of each new IC post, describing clearly and precisely what happened in a very short summary.
For example, as the ending sentence to the one-off I wrote above, I could write:
Just a suggestion, and one I feel would help greatly in the organizational structure as we move forward.
^ I like this idea. I think a lot of the issues we've been having regarding who's-interacting-with-who all come back to the issue of it being difficult to skim through the thread and quickly make sense of what's happening. Adding notes like these that clearly explain where characters are moving in a clear, concise, manner would really be helpful, I think.

^ I like this idea. I think a lot of the issues we've been having regarding who's-interacting-with-who all come back to the issue of it being difficult to skim through the thread and quickly make sense of what's happening. Adding notes like these that clearly explain where characters are moving in a clear, concise, manner would really be helpful, I think.

Don't skim through the thread... read it. Every post makes part of the story, so just think of an RP as a book, and read everything, so you don't miss stuff. I'd hate to think we have people who "skim" through novels, just so they can read the parts that interest them. Miss so much that way...

Status
Not open for further replies.