Status
Not open for further replies.
XD alright. I'll try to get a reply up tomorrow

XD alright. I'll try to get a reply up tomorrow
o3o I mean, you really don't need to post yet. Takashi was just saying they forgot to tag you to let you know that their character (Kaine) is in your group.

So long as you make note of Kaine's presence when you go to post, though, there shouldn't be any issues.

I am so lost. Is there a good point for me to come in?
Yeah, just look at the list of where all our characters are on the first page (in Luma's post, underneath the race/character lists) and decide which group you'd like your character to interact with. Let me know if you're confused about anything else.

Yeah, just look at the list of where all our characters are on the first page (in Luma's post, underneath the race/character lists) and decide which group you'd like your character to interact with. Let me know if you're confused about anything else.
I'm just honestly not sure to to introduce my character...

I'm just honestly not sure to to introduce my character...
Just writing about their reactions to the school as they enter it for the first time is fine. Then say that they noticed one of the existing groups and flocked towards them. Saying "hi" or adding something else to react to based on what that group is currently doing is ideal, but you really don't have to do anything fancy.

Eru's first IC post is a good example. Examples always help me anyway.
Oh please... nobody needs to see that monstrosity, it's scary. D:
Although I do appreciate the praise. ^^

At any rate, @munchkinomatic your introduction post doesn't need be the same in length or formatting. I believe Luma is trying to suggest that you should, at minimum, give some description of the area where Dove arrives at. Doing this always helps me get a good idea of what the setting looks like, at least in my own mind. But again, Kaga's post (above Luma's above mine) is fine to do for an intro.

Oh please... nobody needs to see that monstrosity, it's scary. D:
Although I do appreciate the praise. ^^

At any rate, @munchkinomatic your introduction post doesn't need be the same in length or formatting. I believe Luma is trying to suggest that you should, at minimum, give some description of the area where Dove arrives at. Doing this always helps me get a good idea of what the setting looks like, at least in my own mind. But again, Kaga's post (above Luma's above mine) is fine to do for an intro.
No, I demand perfection! Slams fist on table.

Okay, in all honesty, we're not looking for any perfect introduction. Just a little something about how you get there and what you do until you meet up with another PC.

@Rowdybull Just so you're aware, you aren't just interacting with Aerly. Aerly is currently in a group with Avarice, Seiko, and Levi, meaning that you're also interacting with those three characters by extension.

There's nothing really wrong with your most recent post, but, since you only tagged gamer5, I just wanted you to be aware that those other characters are also in your group (so that you don't, like, only read gamer5's posts and remain oblivious to the actions of those other characters).

Yeah I gleamed that from previous roleplays I've done, I just wanted to make sure that gamer5 knew I had put a reply,
I'll include the others as well

@Kagayours

Last edited by a moderator:
@Shinku⭐Kun @Kagayours @Eruantien Sorry, Eru just pointed out that Azrael never actually spoke aloud that Kae was a demon. Edited my post a little to reflect this.

Reactions: Kagayours
"Hello there!" He called, waving to a group of students in sight. "I seem to be a little lost. Is this the Omnibus Academy of Earth Realm, yes?"

Which group of students?

The ones in the Dorm hallway?

My formatting was shot to hell.
Ok, just make sure that the members of that group know that your character is now present in that group.

We've had a lot of confusion recently about whose-characters-are-where, and a lot of instances of new characters trying to join a group and then being completely ignored because the existing group members didn't even notice that anyone had joined their group -- so it's best to be as direct and clear as possible when joining a new group.

Ok, just make sure that the members of that group know that your character is now present in that group.

We've had a lot of confusion recently about whose-characters-are-where, and a lot of instances of new characters trying to join a group and then being completely ignored because the existing group members didn't even notice that anyone had joined their group -- so it's best to be as direct and clear as possible when joining a new group.
I like to address at least one character personally rather than a whole group. Individual characters are interesting, groups almost never are. Not that anyone has to follow my advice, it's just how I like to approach it.

I like to address at least one character personally rather than a whole group. Individual characters are interesting, groups almost never are. Not that anyone has to follow my advice, it's just how I like to approach it.
Well then if that's how you want to go about it, just make sure it's clear which individual character is being addressed, and make sure that the person playing that individual character knows about it -- and make sure you're aware of the presence of other characters also interacting with that individual character if there happen to be others around.

That's really all I'm trying to get at. Groups, individual characters -- doesn't matter. My point is that confusion over this kind of thing happens so easily, and I want to make sure we're all doing our best to prevent more slip-ups like the ones we've dealt with recently.

And I generally organize characters into "groups" because that's easiest for making sense of posting rotations for small clusters of characters as well as the physical locations of different characters. But even a "group" of only two characters interacting with each other is still a "group" by my standards, so...

Reactions: Luma
The most important thing, then, is to get introductions out of the way first, so we don't have to continue saying "the girl who looked like string cheese waved at the boy who was wearing his glasses upside-down". There's really no better way to go about things unfortunately, unless you like your characters to be omniscient. :p

The most important thing, then, is to get introductions out of the way first, so we don't have to continue saying "the girl who looked like string cheese waved at the boy who was wearing his glasses upside-down". There's really no better way to go about things unfortunately, unless you like your characters to be omniscient. :p
*shrugs* Depends on how you want your writing to be. Sometimes, if my character doesn't know another character's name, then I'll refer to them based on a description like the example you just gave. Other times, if I decide that it's just not worth bothering with, I'll go ahead and throw the character's name in, even if my character doesn't know it. Besides, it's not like my character said their name -- I only included the name in the narration because sometimes that makes things easier for the reader (or writer). 3rd person omniscient is a thing -- and it doesn't mean your character is omniscient. :P The trouble is that RP posts are usually written in 3rd person limited, but it's not too uncommon for the narration of a post to include information that the character doesn't know (which, again, is different from your character knowing that information that they shouldn't, because that would be metagaming). So really, RP posts tend to flip-flop a lot between 3rd person limited and 3rd person omniscient (usually leaning more towards the former than the latter, though).

So if you want to be really strict about your consistency in sticking to 3rd person limited, then, yeah, I see your point. But I know I'm not always consistent about it and I really don't care. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I care more about function than form when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.