Status
Not open for further replies.
Doctor Who: *makes a Pokemon Go reference*

Most Sane People: *roll their eyes so far back into their heads that they can see their own brains, dismayed that this show would make such a cheap and lame pop culture reference that made the episode outdated before it even aired, praying for Moffat's era to be over with quickly in 2017*

Me: *cackling evilly while shoveling popcorn into my mouth, fully expected Moffat to stoop to such a level, and currently reveling in it, hoping the same joke gets lazily recycled and used in Sherlock, loves cheap pop culture references, still plays Pokemon Go*

That feeling when you haven't even finished your first species and you think of another one.

SMH

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kagayours
That feeling when you haven't even finished your first species and you think of another one.

SMH
I had like a dozen ideas that I had written down over time somewhere, but most of 'em were pretty bad. Plus, no one plays 12 PCs, that's crazy.

I totally need to flesh out the space pirate gangsters though. Those could be fun.

• Bucket of Rainbows
I had like a dozen ideas that I had written down over time somewhere, but most of 'em were pretty bad. Plus, no one plays 12 PCs, that's crazy.

I totally need to flesh out the space pirate gangsters though. Those could be fun.
Uhhmmmmmsss
I do~ Sometimes XD

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Luma
You crazy. Even if it were over several different RPs 12 would be a ton.
you should see Moodle. She has 35 roleplays going at one time

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Luma

SMH

I've thought of so many over the years, I've lost count.

• Love
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Luma and IceQueen
you should see Moodle. She has 35 roleplays going at one time
Pretty sure even the space-time continuum doesn't have enough time to write for 35 RPs.

• Love
Reactions: IceQueen
Sorry for the waiting! Christmas has been good (been off spending my gift today... best friend gave me enough cash to buy the rifle I've had my eye on), and work is waiting... so, must be off to bed. Will be picking up my Christmas gift on the seventh, or whenever past that date I get my first day off to do so.

Hope everyone else received well, and gave in return.......

• Bucket of Rainbows
Ugh. Sorry for the delay, everyone. In the days leading up to Christmas, I was feeling a bit burnt out on RP stuff, and the timing was good to take a break -- but then I planned to get back into things as early as yesterday, and I still want to, but my stepsiblings are still over, which makes it hard to find a place in the house where I can concentrate...

Yeah, I know how that feels. Hope you can find a place to concentrate. :)

• Thank You
Name: Kaessya

Race: Demon

Age (apparent): 14

Age (actual): 22

Appearance:
(DRAWINGS WILL BE ADDED… EVENTUALLY)

Humanoid form:
The form that Kaessya will be using while at Omnibus is still mostly humanoid, but with a few monster-like characteristics still visible. She’s a short, skinny teenager with pale skin, and black hair that reaches down to her chin. She’s also flat-chested, with a rounded, youthful face, making her look rather child-like overall. She has sharp, magenta-colored eyes and fang-like canine teeth, as well as black fingernails that end in claws. She has a pair of long, skinny gray horns on her head with a slight, wavy curve to them. She also has a tail that looks like this.

The outfit she wears makes her look like some sort of mini biker gang member — with a tough-looking leather jacket, leather boots, and black skinny-jeans with chains on the sides, slightly torn at the knees. Her boots also have small blades on the end, mimicking the appearance of clawed feet.

True form:
Her true form is quadrupedal. Her torso resembles a skinny, cat-like creature with short, felt-like gray fur. Her hind legs are also cat-like, although the fur color gradually darkens towards her feet — which are thick and muscular, and don’t resemble paws as much as T-Rex feet. Her forelegs are much skinnier and more boney. Starting at her shoulders, her fur quickly thins out to reveal dark, leathery skin covering her forelegs. Her two front feet are raptor-like, ending in thick, black, curved claws. Her tail looks exactly the same as her humanoid form, only scaled up.

Her head features the same sharp eyes and horns as her humanoid form, although the horns are considerably larger as well as thicker in her true form. Her teeth are much larger — all of them pointed — with saber-like canine teeth hanging out of her mouth. Long black hair drapes over the sides and back of her head, similar in appearance to the hair on her humanoid form. Black, triangle-shaped, fox-like ears poke out of the hair on her head, and her face ends in a cat-like nose.

Her true form is much bigger than her humanoid form, and she sometimes chooses to shapeshift into a shrunken version of her true form and act as if that is her true form, just because she is in denial about this fact. In her actual true form, she is slightly bigger than a fully-grown lion.

Personality: On the surface, Kaessya has a fun, gives-no-fucks sort of personality. She does what she wants and doesn’t care who objects, because it’s fun, and that’s all she really wants to go after. She’s quite fond of the semi-ironic "bad girl" vibe that she gives off, and likes taking on the role of the petite badass. But, much of this carefree persona is a lie of her own construction — designed to mask her own fears and anxieties. She’s lived this lie for so long that she’s even fooled herself into believing it, but her real, troubled self still occasionally shows through…

History: Like others, Kaessya started out as a runt of a demon, just trying to survive, and yearning to get bigger and stronger. The first big turning point in her life came when she met a demon about the same size as herself, offering to form some sort of alliance and to help each other survive and grow. Kaessya accepted, and, over time, she grew quite fond of this other demon — almost considering her a "friend", a concept nearly foreign to demons. In the end, though, it turned out that the "alliance" was all a trick — maintained just long enough to lull Kaessya into a sense of security and create a sense of trust, then attack while her guard was down. Kaessya barely managed to escape alive, and only survived because of a much larger demon who happened to be sweeping through the area at the time, snapping up her "friend" while missing Kaessya, herself.

Feeling hurt and betrayed, Kaessya started to question the logic of Hell and realized what a nightmarish place it was. If she stayed small, she would surely get eaten. If she grew bigger, she would become a monster. She would never have peace. She would never have company to enjoy — because everyone around her was either her prey or her predator, and no one could be trusted. She stopped trying to go after larger prey, and made an effort to hold herself back, not wanting to become one of the monsters she so feared.

One day, she found a small portal leading out of Hell — just big enough for her to make it through. It had been created by two humans attempting some sort of demon-summoning ritual. They were shocked that the ritual actually worked, having gotten the instructions from some shady corner of the internet and trying it out for fun, not expecting any real results. They didn’t know what they were doing. Kaessya was confused, having never seen anything beyond Hell. She didn’t know where she was or what was going on. The two humans started to move in closer, ever so curious about her, and tried to see if she could talk — calling out to her sweetly as if she was their pet, and awaiting a response. Kaessya was on-edge, and the humans crowding around her certainly didn’t help. Confused and frightened, she lashed out — and devoured them both.

Slowly, she began to piece together what had happened. She was on earth. She had left Hell. It was a miracle, but… she didn’t know what to do with herself. Realizing that humans would be terrified of her natural form, she took on a more human-looking appearance to present herself as. She wandered — cautiously, at first, unable to trust such a seemingly-peaceful world. She hung out around city streets, making a home for herself in dark back alleys. When hunger crept up on her, she made meals out of the homeless, as well as criminals, gangs, and anyone else who looked as lost as she was on those shadowy streets. People who could be snapped up without much of the rest of the world noticing.

As she became more comfortable living on earth, she became more adventurous and out-going. She still lived on the streets, but at least she didn’t have to feel afraid anymore. Earth was fun, and she was free to do whatever she pleased. For over a decade, she lived this way — strolling through the seedy city life in search of fun, going to clubs, bars, and anywhere else the exciting nite-life took her (shapeshifting can get you into almost anywhere). When she was hungry, she prowled the city streets for those who wouldn’t be missed — always remembering to strip her victims’ wallets, so that she’d have the money to do it all again the next day. Occasionally, she even took sadistic pleasure in hunting down her next meal — but there were also moments where she would catch a glimpse of her monstrous reflection, and she remembered the horrors of the world that she’d come from.

She still dealt with the nagging fear that there might be other demons on earth that might become aware of her existence — bigger demons that might want to hunt her down if they saw that a puny runt like her had gotten cocky. For this reason (among others), Kaessya never allowed herself to completely lose control of her hunger. Like all demons, she instinctively wanted to chase that high that comes from eating in excess, and being so surrounded by easy prey didn’t help any — but she tried to reign herself in as much as she could. She wasn’t perfect, and there were certainly nights where she splurged, but, at the very least, she could still feel guilty about it the day after, knowing very well that those moments of indulgence made for a very slippery slope to becoming precisely the kind of demon that she never wanted to be. She at least has the self-awareness to not completely let herself go…

Eventually, she heard about Omnibus, and decided it would be worth her while to go there. She thought it sounded like a fun and interesting place where she could be herself and not have to hide her true identity from humans. She almost decided not to go, fearful that there might be other, more dangerous demons there — but she decided it was worth the risk. Besides, if Omnibus was the safe-haven that it claimed to be, then there was a good chance that any other demons there would be in the same sort of situation as her. She might even be able to make friends in a place like that, crazy as the concept seemed.

Other:
  • She’s somewhat in denial about how much she needs to eat these days. She tells herself that she only needs to feed about 2-3 times per week, but, really, she eats almost every day now…
  • Despite her cool and laid-back persona, Kaessya is still haunted by her past, and is terrified of the possibility of being sent back to Hell, or even the thought of encountering a hungry demon here on earth. Some might even go so far as to describe her fear as resembling a mild case of PTSD. She doesn’t react well to being startled — and, when she is afraid, she has a tendency to revert back into her true form without meaning to.

• Love
Reactions: Sail
Kaessya will be in room 509, which... would be shared with August, RecentlyInsaneRussian's character, but he hasn't been online since early October... So, I think it would be best to consider him a drop-out now and remove his character from the list before adding mine in, just so there's no confusion about whether or not anyone is already there when Kaessya moves in.

Incredible! The closest thing to a demon at Omnibus(that I can remember) is my character. I wonder how she'll react.

• Thank You
Incredible! The closest thing to a demon at Omnibus(that I can remember) is my character. I wonder how she'll react.
I was just thinking about that, actually -- I assume it would only make sense that a demon like Kaessya would still be capable of seeing a Devo's true form, since that's essentially it's soul? (I know you're technically not the ambassador for Devos, but I guess it's sort of up to the two of us to settle on the lore for that now.)

Yeah. I'd say that's the case, since it is a soul. We can go with the fact that she might think he's a demon for a while, since his soul looks so much like one.

Yeah. I'd say that's the case, since it is a soul. We can go with the fact that she might think he's a demon for a while, since his soul looks so much like one.
Except that she probably wouldn't know of any demons that go around controlling humans like puppets. :P And besides, wouldn't his soul be sort of... formless? Instead of having its own ghostly 'body'? Because for a demon, it would be much closer to the latter. They are technically ethereal beings, after all.

I don't think she'd mistake him for a demon at all -- though she'd definitely find it strange to see any creature with a soul floating outside its body and still maintaining control over it. :P

XD yeah, guess so. So, she won't think him to be a demon.

Kaessya just bumped into a non-specific student. Anyone who's available and interested in placing their character there is welcome to. :P

As for the jelly bean flood -- that has nothing to do with Kaessya. This RP just really needs something exciting to happen. The stuff happening in the Java Squirrel is good, but more would be better -- and since Kaessya isn't exactly going to create any sort of big conflicts right away, I decided that something else needed to happen in the meantime. XD Feel free to send your characters in that direction to react/investigate.

• Love
Reactions: IceQueen
Jelly bean tsunami <- Wat

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Luma and Kagayours
Status
Not open for further replies.