Status
Not open for further replies.
haha, I'm currently trying to figure out how exactly Viviana would explain her existence to Luna.

Like, "I'm dead! But not really? Like, my body's dead- but I'm alive? It's all...wibbly-wobbly."
that's essentially the Yuki too XD

BTW had an emergency came up that's why i haven't posted my CS yet, but now i'm just chilling out at work because all i'm doing is laundry so i should have a CS up by the end of the evening!

Reactions: Raven Haruka
that's essentially the Yuki too XD

BTW had an emergency came up that's why i haven't posted my CS yet, but now i'm just chilling out at work because all i'm doing is laundry so i should have a CS up by the end of the evening!
Yay, glad to hear it! The CS part of course, not the emergency....I hope that turns out okay.

Yay, glad to hear it! The CS part of course, not the emergency....I hope that turns out okay.
it turned out alright, thanks :)

anyway Boom! CS! (not the greatest but you know)

Name: Seiko

Race: Yuki

Age (apparent): 19
Age (actual): 19

Appearance: Seiko is tall for a female Yuki sitting at 5'9". Her hair is raven coloured and often worn in a french braid that reaches most the way down her back. She is pale but not overly so. Her irises are an unbroken shade of blue-grey. She has soft features, with a round face and upturned eyes. She most commonly wears a pale blue kimono but has worn 'american' clothes (ie. Pants and a t-shirt for example) if necessary.

Bio: Seiko is a very young Yuki. She was taught the ways of the Yuki by her mother but in a scuffle between her parents and another Yuki pair Seiko was separated and went out on her own, at this point she was barely out of her 'childhood' (around 14). she was inexperienced and reckless and had to flee her new home before the humans could discover she wasn't one of them. She'd learned enough from her mother about human society to keep alive. As she grew she discovered the benefits of being a beautiful young woman and learned how to use her wiles to get what she wanted, but she still had no home and was forced to move often before anyone could get suspicious of her. In her travels however, she heard word of a school of sorts for people like her, people who weren't human and, thinking that she may be able to find a home there, she used what little money she had to get as close as she could and worked to find the school itself.

Other: Seiko found a wounded white wolf pup in her travels and adopted it. It is still a young puppy that she named Shadow. English is not her first language but she has been speaking it for some time so has only a little difficulty with the language by this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Other: Seiko found a wounded white wolf pup in her travels and adopted it. It is still a young puppy that she named Shadow.
...Brilliant. I love it.

Now we just need a black cat named Snowball and our cast will be complete.

Anyway!! I'm a little bit confused as to how she actually made it to Omnibus Academy... I know that, in most CS's, that's not a detail I usually worry much about. But, given the fact that the bio leaves off with Seiko having just left home at the age of 14, being "clumsy and reckless", it just seems strange that she would have the means necessary to make it there, especially since the Yuki don't seem to have any sort of teleporting ability. o_o

*debating whether I should put up the race and character sheet now or wait a bit more* e3e...

*debating whether I should put up the race and character sheet now or wait a bit more* e3e...
I mean, if you're finished, then, I see no reason to wait. :P

...Brilliant. I love it.

Now we just need a black cat named Snowball and our cast will be complete.

Anyway!! I'm a little bit confused as to how she actually made it to Omnibus Academy... I know that, in most CS's, that's not a detail I usually worry much about. But, given the fact that the bio leaves off with Seiko having just left home at the age of 14, being "clumsy and reckless", it just seems strange that she would have the means necessary to make it there, especially since the Yuki don't seem to have any sort of teleporting ability. o_o
there's actually a legit reason for her naming it Shadow despite it being white if you want to know

i was honestly stuck on how she would have found it so i was vague on purpose XD
any suggestions? like i assume she just wandered for awhile, maybe settled once or twice for a little while before moving on but never really staying in one place, then some how found out about Omnibus so was like "hey, that's a place i could go!" and so she went there, i'm not sure how she found out though

I mean, if you're finished, then, I see no reason to wait. :P
Oh, well if you're saying that, to heck with it!

Name singular: Binary

Name plural: Binaries

Powers/Abilities: Able to control two out of six elements, air, earth, fire, water, darkness, and light. The elements they can control are always opposite of each other. The opposite pairings are: air and earth, water and fire, light and darkness. Elements are categorized as passive or active. Earth, water, and darkness are passive, while air, fire, and light are active. It is said that passive elements ground a Binary to the world, while active elements breathe life into the Binary. Powers are randomly given.

Lifespan: Unknown, though they've been around since the 1950s and haven't died due to old age as of yet.

Physical description: Binaries generally look human, with the exception of having claws instead of nails. Because they walk barefoot, the skin there has developed into a tough hide. They have heterochromia, with their eyes matching the color of the elements they control. Light blue is air, brown is earth, red is fire, dark blue is water, yellow is light, and black is darkness. Their hair is either extremely light in color or white, with the hair going at least past their shoulders. Their skin color can range from tan to a pale ashen gray, depending on the region they come from. Circling around them are two balls of light that give them their elemental abilities. The "hearts," as they're called, can change color depending on the Binary's mood. They generally wear loose, flowing clothes.

Cultural description: Binaries operate under a feudal system, where Binaries "own" part of the land the lords rule and offer them taxes in the form of money or crops. They are mostly agriculturally based and, to maximize profit, have taken to being eco-friendly and bioengineering. There is a Supreme King that watches over the lesser kings, who each have taken their own kingdom which can span for hundreds of miles. As for the lords and ladies, they are voted in by the populace. Kingship is hereditary, unless the king is without an heir. If that occurs, the lords and ladies generally vote who should be king. This does not apply to the Supreme King, who have a Mandate of Heaven of sorts. The lords and ladies elected are representative of the people in a kingdom, with their numbers depending on how large the population is. Binaries tend to believe that their "hearts" are shoulder angels and devils. Sometimes one will say, "My heart thinks…" when coming to a difficult decision. Some even go so far as to say the "hearts" are separate beings, though this has been proven to be inaccurate. Binaries who have visual or auditory hallucinations are taken to a temple and act as "seers," though what they say is not for public ears most of the time. These temples are built for the God of Changing Eyes, their creator. However, this is merely the belief of those that worship the God of Changing Eyes. In reality, he doesn't really exist, but that's not stopping the people from worshipping him.

Realm: Digital realm

Other: Seen as greedy and hoarders by other races.
They are able to breed with 1-0s, usually by using their hair as the data needed to create a child. While such pairings aren't discriminated against, it's generally seen as an odd thing and results in a lot of rumors going around.
Halfers are a slang term for the children of 1-0s and Binaries.
Currently having a civil war on deciding who should be the next Supreme King. There are three factions, one saying that a highly respected religious figure should rule, one saying that the richest Binary should rule, and one saying that the strongest knight should rule. The religious figure controls light and darkness, the strongest knight controls fire and water, and the richest Binary controls earth and air.
They have accepted fleeing 1-0s into their states as the war between GRIDs and 1-0s rages on.
They turn a blind eye to crimes against humanity, just to turn a profit.

Short description: A race from the digital world that seeks to turn a profit, their "hearts" tell them what to do, as well as give them their elemental powers. They are ruled by a Supreme King, with lesser kings in charge of their state/kingdom.

Last edited by a moderator:
there's actually a legit reason for her naming it Shadow despite it being white if you want to know

i was honestly stuck on how she would have found it so i was vague on purpose XD
any suggestions? like i assume she just wandered for awhile, maybe settled once or twice for a little while before moving on but never really staying in one place, then some how found out about Omnibus so was like "hey, that's a place i could go!" and so she went there, i'm not sure how she found out though
It's not the part about her finding out that bugs me. It's how she physically got there. :/

Again, it's not something I'd really think too hard about with most CS's -- but in Seiko's case in particular, you explicitly stated that she just left home at a young age and made it very clear that she kind of has no idea how to function on her own. All those things considered, I'm just not sure how she would've had the means to physically or financially travel there. While I wouldn't put any thought into it in most people's CS's, it just really stood out to me with yours -- given the fact that she didn't know where to go or what to do, and then simply hearing about Omnibus Academy somehow solved all her problems. ...Despite the fact that she's still unprepared to function on her own and I don't know what her first step would be in getting there. :/

These temples are built for the God of Changing Eyes, their creator.
I feel obligated to clarify: This is just their belief, and not an indication that the "God of Changing Eyes" 100% definitively exists, correct?

The deity race sheet has been put on the backburner for a while, and I still don't want to poke around with deity lore until that's finished. >.>
They are able to breed with 1-0s, usually by sacrificing their hair instead of a limb. While such pairings aren't discriminated against, it's generally seen as an odd thing and results in a lot of rumors going around.
The way this is phrased makes it sound as if binaries would normally need to sacrifice a limb in order to breed with other binaries. However, I don't see any mention of this elsewhere in the race sheet...

I feel obligated to clarify: This is just their belief, and not an indication that the "God of Changing Eyes" 100% definitively exists, correct?

The deity race sheet has been put on the backburner for a while, and I still don't want to poke around with deity lore until that's finished. >.>

The way this is phrased makes it sound as if binaries would normally need to sacrifice a limb in order to breed with other binaries. However, I don't see any mention of this elsewhere in the race sheet...
First question: Yeah, it's just their belief, there really isn't a God of Changing Eyes that exists.

Second question: Ah, really? I guess I didn't need to put the sacrificing limb thing in, I'll take that out now.

It's not the part about her finding out that bugs me. It's how she physically got there. :/

Again, it's not something I'd really think too hard about with most CS's -- but in Seiko's case in particular, you explicitly stated that she just left home at a young age and made it very clear that she kind of has no idea how to function on her own. All those things considered, I'm just not sure how she would've had the means to physically or financially travel there. While I wouldn't put any thought into it in most people's CS's, it just really stood out to me with yours -- given the fact that she didn't know where to go or what to do, and then simply hearing about Omnibus Academy somehow solved all her problems. ...Despite the fact that she's still unprepared to function on her own and I don't know what her first step would be in getting there. :/
hmmmmm, well i didn't say she didn't know how to function, i said she knows the ways of the Yuki, her mom taught her, which revolve around humans because they need to feed off humans to survive, she just had no experience herself, and by the time she made it to Omnibus she's 19, so she's had 5 years to figure out her way around the world and for a good long while she was probably barely scraping by until she got her feet beneath her, and she does look like a beautiful young lady, even if her eyes are kinda creepy so it probably wouldn't take her long to realize she could use her beauty to get things, like hitching rides or getting money
i can try and re-write her bio so it better says that, it just i don't have specifics of what she did, i can try to think of some? maybe? if you want me to

Say, would the general store sell mundane items, or magical doodads, too?

I'd say "magical doodads", too... :bsmile:

@Sail ...

Don't think, just because you took off your shirt, you have escaped! Did I mention Deen's favorite chi manipulations involve animating inanimate objects? :devil:

Say, would the general store sell mundane items, or magical doodads, too?
I'm actually going to have to say no to characters buying magical doodads -- just to prevent it from turning into a deus ex machina sort of thing.

I'm actually going to have to say no to characters buying magical doodads -- just to prevent it from turning into a deus ex machina sort of thing.

"Awww...!"

Me: *plugs iPhone into newer charger, which was purchased barely a month ago and was working perfectly fine up until just now*
iPhone: This device is unsupported. In other words, you can't charge your phone -- because your charger is broken, or dirty, or simply because Apple thinks you've had this one for too long and they want you to buy a new one.
Me: *plugs iPhone into the mangled, three-year-old charger, on which the plastic is so frayed that the raw wire is starting to become exposed, and also it recently went through the washing machine*
iPhone: *begins charging without hesitation*

???????????

Status
Not open for further replies.