• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me: *plugs iPhone into newer charger, which was purchased barely a month ago and was working perfectly fine up until just now*
iPhone: This device is unsupported. In other words, you can't charge your phone -- because your charger is broken, or dirty, or simply because Apple thinks you've had this one for too long and they want you to buy a new one.
Me: *plugs iPhone into the mangled, three-year-old charger, on which the plastic is so frayed that the raw wire is starting to become exposed, and also it recently went through the washing machine*
iPhone: *begins charging without hesitation*

???????????

Don't you just LOVE technology?

Don't you just LOVE technology?
I mean.

I'm glad my phone is charging -- especially given the shape that the older charger is in. So I'm not too annoyed about it...

I just don't understand why the new one isn't working even though you'd think the older one would be a much better candidate for suddenly becoming "unsupported"... @_@

I mean.

I'm glad my phone is charging -- especially given the shape that the older charger is in. So I'm not too annoyed about it...

I just don't understand why the new one isn't working even though you'd think the older one would be a much better candidate for suddenly becoming "unsupported"... @_@
Yep, this sums up my experiences with Apple chargers as well...not the specific experience, but still...

Heh... someone has a worm in their "Apple".

Still waiting for @Yorika to respond... if not by tonight, then I'll start work on my post.

Sorry, i can only get on after like 4 or 5 on school days
so i edited Seiko's bio
if you still need me to change it i can (it's friday so i have nothing until late tomorrow, i may be going to a party this evening though so not sure how much longer i'll be on but i'll definitely be on tomorrow)

here's the link
Seiko

Sorry, i can only get on after like 4 or 5 on school days
so i edited Seiko's bio
if you still need me to change it i can (it's friday so i have nothing until late tomorrow, i may be going to a party this evening though so not sure how much longer i'll be on but i'll definitely be on tomorrow)

here's the link
Seiko
Looks good to me. She'll be in room 513.

Hey, can any of the mods check my race sheet again? I fixed some of the wording that needed to be clarified. Here it is.

I'll sum up the current IC groups for anyone who wants to know (mostly new characters and those who want to know what they have to work with):
  • The residents of room 504 (Primary and Arza) are out shopping at the general store.
  • Room 506 has Deen, Luna, Sera and Vivi, with Avarice peeking in from the hallway next to a massive, empty crate.
  • Meela is floating outside in the hallway as well (this post is a little old, so she could've gone elsewhere by now, but feel free to poke her).
  • August is in 509 and has just stopped blasting loud music.
  • Ishika has maybe gone shopping? (<-- actually I'm not sure about this one...what did she do?)
  • I think Nightshade is in room 514, potentially getting glomped by an enchanted shirt.
  • Naia and Neptune are on their way up towards the hallway, Neptune currently possessing tentacle arms.

Hey, can any of the mods check my race sheet again? I fixed some of the wording that needed to be clarified. Here it is.
Still need to clarify that the God of Changing Eyes is just their belief. It's worded like they were actually created by it. Mind you, they actually could've been created by something, but we need to keep it vague unless it references another race that already exists. Otherwise, it looks fine to me.

Sorry sorry! I got hit with the creativity bug. I made another race sheet.... Which will be posted shortly and then I will get right on Sera

Reactions: Yorika
Does anyone remember when they started showing Doctor Who on Disney XD???

That was wild.

I just can't get over the fact that these commercials aired on actual TV.

I mean, I don't think they did anything to edit the actual episodes, but it's just so weird to see it Disnified even in its advertising...

I found one trailer from its Disney XD run that looks fairly normal, but the big thing in this one is that it's like "he's traveled across time and space... but he's never been to a place quite like this" (referring to the fact that the show is on Disney XD now) and I'm like "yeah no fucking kidding??? that's why it feels weird and out-of-place????"

I'm also noticing that the only Doctor any of these ads seem to feature is David Tennant. I'm... assuming the show wasn't successful enough on Disney XD to make it to Matt Smith? And, actually... did they skip Christopher Eccleston?

Did they think that the whole regeneration thing would be too confusing for kids to follow??

I mean, now that I think of it, I guess that's reasonable since they'd only be showing re-runs. Trying to introduce more than one Doctor at a time could get confusing to the uninitiated... and I suppose starting with Tennant makes sense from a marketing standpoint.

ACTUALLY, YES, I JUST LOOKED IT UP -- they only bought the rights to the David Tennant seasons. Amazing.

...I was then going to ask how long the show even lasted on Disney XD, but apparently it's still running there??

It's just that people only talked about it when it was first announced for Disney XD -- because, yeah, that's really weird -- and then no one cared after that. I assumed it failed on that channel as a result of being completely out-of-place and possibly hard to advertise. But no, it... it's still going... which is... good... I guess?

Also given the fact that Doctor Who sometimes features minor swear words like "hell" and "damn" I'm surprised I can't seem to find any info about those sorts of things being censored out for the Disney XD versions. I feel like Disney would ordinarily be too squeaky clean to let that kind of thing skip by. XD

...I'm sorry, this probably sounds so out-of-nowhere, but I'm kind of really stuck on this tonight.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Eru
Meh, I'll post up a character sheet tomorrow somewhere around morning to noon, too tired to do it right now.

...I'm sorry, this probably sounds so out-of-nowhere, but I'm kind of really stuck on this tonight.
Haha, maybe a little...it's crazy just how popular Dr. Who's become. I've been tempted to watch the original series, but it's a little 'retro' for my tastes.

Also I'm kinda sad no one noticed Luna's eating a book...too be fair though, I guess a floating eyeball is a little more out-of-place.

How sharp is Luna's teeth anyway? They must be really sharp/strong if she can bite through thick books.

Haha, maybe a little...it's crazy just how popular Dr. Who's become. I've been tempted to watch the original series, but it's a little 'retro' for my tastes.
*heavy breathing*

I would love to help ease you into the series... because there is just SO MUCH worth seeing...

But... that would keep me up another two hours or so.... so I might have to save that for another day. OwO"

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Luma and Yorika
How sharp is Luna's teeth anyway? They must be really sharp/strong if she can bite through thick books.
About as sharp as normal teeth, but strength-wise, they're aided by a bit of her magic. That being said, she currently eating a smaller paperback.

About as sharp as normal teeth, but strength-wise, they're aided by a bit of her magic. That being said, she currently eating a smaller paperback.
Well at least she won't break her teeth on a hard cover book. Or any thick book for that matter. ...Actually, would she be able to eat a dictionary or a phone book if she ever got her hands on one?

Status
Not open for further replies.