Status
Not open for further replies.
Well at least she won't break her teeth on a hard cover book. Or any thick book for that matter. ...Actually, would she be able to eat a dictionary or a phone book if she ever got her hands on one?
Yes, but in the same way you'd eat a steak that's too big for your mouth: cut it up and eat it in pieces.

*heavy breathing*

I would love to help ease you into the series... because there is just SO MUCH worth seeing...

But... that would keep me up another two hours or so.... so I might have to save that for another day. OwO"
ALSO I realized that blog post left out some of the most important things, SUCH AS:
  • There was a companion who was literally an android. No, I don't just mean that the character was an android (although that was also true). They were also played by an android. There was no human actor playing this character. It didn't even have a voice actor, as it was programmed to speak all of its lines in its own computer-y way. ...And it looked enough like a human that a human actor would've worked just as well and would've been far cheaper, so... I have no idea why this was a thing.
  • THE WHOMOBILE.
  • The Sisterhood of Khan was only featured in one episode -- specifically, a one-off -- and I really don't understand why New Who has made them into such important figures in the universe ever since the 50th anniversary special.
  • The same goes for the Zygons.
  • While it isn't too out-of-the-ordinary for a companion to rescue the Doctor as opposed to the other way around, Sarah Jane Smith once did it while blind. ...Or, rather, she attempted it, but she got pretty damn far for someone who was left completely without her eyesight for that stretch of time.
  • There was one episode that had a Dr. Frankenstein sort of character who was making his own little Frankenstein's monster out of pieces of different aliens, and he wanted to kill the Doctor because he wanted to add the Doctor's head to the monster, but not his brain -- he had a different Time Lord brain prepared for that, and apparently he just needed a skull to put it in. ...Even though... I'm pretty sure... a human skull would basically work just as well.
  • Those last two bullet points happened in the same episode.
  • ALSO, THE TIME LORDS AREN'T DEAD OR TRAPPED IN ANOTHER DIMENSION. And I just looove all the classic episodes that even allude to Time Lord culture, especially given the fact that New Who often paints them as these wonderful beings that tragically died when they're really a lot more sinister than that, and the Doctor really didn't get along with a lot of them. o_o"
  • Honestly the Doctor's relationship with the rest of the Time Lords is just really complicated and interesting, especially when you look at the overall chronology of the show as a whole.
  • There were three different Atlantis episodes that had nothing to do with one another. Each writer was apparently just too lazy to realize that they'd already done an Atlantis episode. As a result, one could argue that three completely different versions of Atlantis exist in the Doctor Who universe. New Who made a joke about this at one point, and I laughed pretty hard.
  • We at one point got to see (what was implied to be) the Doctor's name, but it was written in Gallifreyan. ...More specifically, a version of Gallifreyan that has apparently been retconned and forgotten about, because all of the Gallifreyan writing in New Who looks completely different. So, so much for trying to decode it. XD

AND LASTLY

THE SECOND DOCTOR LIKED BOWTIES BEFORE THEY WERE COOL.

*mic drop*

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Luma
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin other news, my chemistry professor today was super excited to teach us all that dilithium is an actual compound.
Ergo, in that respect at least, Star Trek made sense.

When this knowledge failed to elicit appropriate reactions from his sleep-addled students, he gave us all a hard look as he venomously said, "I hate you all."

True story.

Looks good to me. She'll be in room 513.
awesome, I probably won't post in the IC till morning, not feeling so hot right now
but i'll go read the IC now to see where Seiko may fit in :)

Name Singular: Greyen
Name Plural: Greyens

Abilities/Powers:
  • Greyens require something other than food to survive. They feed off the life energy of others. It is an insatiable hunger that is always lingering, but most Greyens keep it in check. They are able to drain others of their energy through touch. Holding hands or a hug, even a kiss. Any skin to skin contact works. When they absorb energy, they are able to heal their wounds. The more severe the wound, the more energy required.
    • Life energy is the essence of one's existence. It's the physical manifestation of their time in this world. When a Greyen feeds on someone's energy, they are taking away part of their life. A minute is a week off their life, an hour is a year. The more a Greyen feeds off someone, the more their body deteriorates. It will not physically age, but the body itself will begin to die. This process begins after someone has had 1/4 of their life energy taken away. A minute of absorbed energy can last a sate (make the hunger bearable) a Greyen for 2 days. An hour will last them a week.
  • Each Greyen has a gift given to them by their creator. A sort of trait that is passed on during the Lineage Ritual. This gift can be anything from flight to healing. These gifts are not all powerful. Each gift has its limit and the limits vary on the user. The use of abilities does not make them any hungrier; it just requires said Greyen to sleep more. Greyens at most sleep about 4 hours a day if no ability use, 8 hours if their ability was used all day.

Lifespan:
Greyens can live hundreds of years. Most Greyen choose to end their life after 800 years. Having lived so long, they grow tired and use the Lineage Ritual to end their life. Greyen can die naturally, but this is a rather rare occurrence now a days. Greyens are frozen at whatever age they went through the Lineage Ritual at.

Physical Appearance:
Greyens have very pale skin and for the most part look like a normal human, except for their eyes. They have very expressive eyes. Not in the normal way. Their eyes change colors depending on their emotions. Red is anger, blue is sadness, pink is love, etc. Most Greyens wear glasses or colored contacts to hide their multi colored eyes. Sickness is rare in Greyen culture, being that as they absorb energy they heal (if necessary).

Cultural Descirption:
Greyens usually live in covens; groups of 5 to 15. They don't have more than 15 to keep others from finding out what they are. These covens are not related by blood, but most treat each other as family. Covens are very tight knit groups and quite secretive. They don't want others finding out what they are so they tend to keep to themselves. Covens are even secretive with other covens. They are diplomatic; covens keep their business and pleasure separate. This doesn't mean that Greyens aren't sociable.

Greyens have lived among humans for thousands of years. They are spread out all over the world and most covens have been around for almost as long. The Greyens are ruled by the High Council, made of the Elders of the Four Great Covens. The Four Great Covens have reigned over Greyen society since the Coven war. The High Council was established to stop another Coven War from ever happening again. During the Coven war, there were battles all over as covens fought for territory and prey. There were many casualties and Greyens almost brought themselves to extinction. The first High Council was made up of the leaders of the four strongest covens of the time; the Thermontes, the Vanderbers, the St. Caplets, and the Dominiques. These four Covens still hold the seats of the High Council. The Council members are only able to sit on the council after 400 years of age, thus when a council member performs a Lineage Ritual a new member is chose by the current council members.

Greyen are not born, they are made. The Lineage Ritual is how Greyen end their long lives. The ritual is a sacred thing that only the coven is a part of; all except the one that was to be offered. For a Greyen to end their life they must give all their life energy to another. The Offered One is chosen by the one whose life will be ending, chosen to become a new member of the coven. The ceremony can take anywhere from 3 hours to 3 days. Most of the Ritual is celebrating the life of the one who is going to pass, but once the good-byes are said, the real Ritual begins.

During the Lineage Ritual, the Greyen who is going to pass absorbs all the life force of the Offered One until only a small part is left in their body. From there they take what they absorbed from the Offered One and their own energy and give it all back to the Offered One. During this process, the Offered One's body is flooded with their own absorbed energy mixed with Greyen energy. Usually Greyen energy is toxic to normal humans, but during the Lineage Ritual its energy has a different effect on humans. It changes their bodies to become that of a Greyen. While their body is being changed into one that can support the Greyen energy, the Offered One is in a deep sleep; an almost dead sort of sleep. The body's processes are slowed as their internal organs cease functioning. Only their heart and lung continue to work, beating at a comatose rate. Greyen are essentially half dead. When the body has been fully converted into a Greyen, the Offered One awakens rather suddenly and the time it takes to awaken can vary. Offered Ones a usually chosen from friends that have no one to miss them or those the coven comes across. Offered Ones are almost always given the choice at a new life, whether they know what is actually going to happen.

Along with their new life, new born Greyens receive the gift of their predecessor. While they are in the deep "death" sleep, they receive teachings from the Greyen giving up their life. Whether these are memories or simple visions depend on the Greyen and the new born. During this time they are taught how to use and control these gifts. How much control they are able to maintain is up to the new born Greyen and once the new born awakens there is no way to replay those lessons if they weren't already learned.

Since Greyens are half dead, they are not really able to reproduce in the human sense. Via the Lineage Ritual most Greyen pass on their life and abilities. There is one other way for Greyens to come into existence. In Greyen Society, there are female Greyens who are called Mortas (Morta for singular). They are able to reproduce in the human way as long as they copulate with a human. The Morta then become pregnant and stays that way for 18 months. Because Greyens are half dead, it takes twice as long for their children to mature before giving birth. Morta have the same chances of giving birth to a girl as they do a boy, but only their first child is able to be a Morta and of course as long as this child is female. Mortas can have as many children as they want in their long life, but it is very taxing on them. They need to feed (absorb energy) twice as much as normal while they are pregnant. Children begat by Morta don't receive their mother's abilities. Greyen children age just as humans do until they discover their abilities. It is said that the longer it takes or a Greyen child to obtain their ability, the stronger it is. Greyen children will always get their abilities before they are 18. There has never been an instance where it has happened before then.

Realm: Earth

Other: Greyen are sensitive to sun light. It doesn't burn them, but they tend to avoid it as much as possible. They are also not able to digest food. They can eat it, but they will just throw it up later.

Short Description: Half dead beings that feed on the energy of others and usually live in groups called Covens. They have multicolored eyes and are able to possess many different types of powers.

And here is race #2 let me know what you think

Last edited:
If anyone wonders why I don't do anything else in the IC today, it is because I am not home, and will be at a marching band competition performing our band's show, Man of Steel. Hope everyone has a good day, and I will see you all tomorrow!

@Yorika I like them, three things stand out to me though.
Greyens require something other than food to survive. They feed off the life energy of others. It is an insatiable hunger that is always lingering, but most Greyens keep it in check. They are able to drain others of their energy through touch. Holding hands or a hug, even a kiss. Any skin to skin contact works. When they absorb energy, they are able to heal their wounds. The more severe the wound, the more energy required.
I feel like life energy should have more detail to it, since it's such a important part of your race. What sort of effect does it have on someone to drain it? Is it like Princess Bride, where you basically take years off their life? Do they physically appear to age? Do characters with longer lifespans have more of it? Basically: what is life energy and what does it do for people?
Greyens live in covens; groups of 5 to 15.
I'd add a 'usually' here. I know it's in the short description, but maybe throw it in here too, for clarity's sake.

Also, as I understand it, their method of 'reproduction' caps at a ratio of 1:1. This means every Greyen that dies outside of the Lineage Ritual is permanent population loss as a race, which would slowly result in extinction. I can overlook this, but it's worth addressing if you want that extra depth to your race.

i'm honestly having trouble figuring out where to put Seiko
there are a lot of people in the hall it seems so i'm not sure i want to add another to the mix
i may have her run into Naia as she has maybe one bag and will not feel the need to go to her room yet.

Actually, now that I think about it, I'll hold off on introducing my 3rd character. Don't want to bite off more than I can chew at this moment.

Reactions: Kagayours
Ah! something i forgot to put in Seiko's character sheet (which i will go add now) is English is not her 1st language, hence the very 'proper' way she speaks, but she has been speaking it for a while now
her 1st language is actually Japanese. (and since I don't speak Japanese I will use it sparingly and rely on my best friend who does when I do use it XD)

also i forgot about Shadow XD i'm going to write him into my post super fast

@Yorika I like them, three things stand out to me though.

I feel like life energy should have more detail to it, since it's such a important part of your race. What sort of effect does it have on someone to drain it? Is it like Princess Bride, where you basically take years off their life? Do they physically appear to age? Do characters with longer lifespans have more of it? Basically: what is life energy and what does it do for people?

I'd add a 'usually' here. I know it's in the short description, but maybe throw it in here too, for clarity's sake.

Also, as I understand it, their method of 'reproduction' caps at a ratio of 1:1. This means every Greyen that dies outside of the Lineage Ritual is permanent population loss as a race, which would slowly result in extinction. I can overlook this, but it's worth addressing if you want that extra depth to your race.
Ok I have fixed all these things so here is round two!

Name Singular: Greyen
Name Plural: Greyens

Abilities/Powers:
  • Greyens require something other than food to survive. They feed off the life energy of others. It is an insatiable hunger that is always lingering, but most Greyens keep it in check. They are able to drain others of their energy through touch. Holding hands or a hug, even a kiss. Any skin to skin contact works. When they absorb energy, they are able to heal their wounds. The more severe the wound, the more energy required.
    • Life energy is the essence of one's existence. It's the physical manifestation of their time in this world. When a Greyen feeds on someone's energy, they are taking away part of their life. A minute is a week off their life, an hour is a year. The more a Greyen feeds off someone, the more their body deteriorates. It will not physically age, but the body itself will begin to die. This process begins after someone has had 1/4 of their life energy taken away. A minute of absorbed energy can sate (make the hunger bearable) a Greyen for 2 days. An hour will last them a week.
  • Each Greyen has a gift given to them by their creator. A sort of trait that is passed on during the Lineage Ritual. This gift can be anything from flight to healing. These gifts are not all powerful. Each gift has its limit and the limits vary on the user. The use of abilities does not make them any hungrier; it just requires said Greyen to sleep more. Greyens at most sleep about 4 hours a day if no ability use, 8 hours if their ability was used all day.

Lifespan:
Greyens can live hundreds of years. Most Greyens choose to end their life after 800 years. Having lived so long, they grow tired and use the Lineage Ritual to end their life. Greyen can die naturally, but this is a rather rare occurrence now a days. Greyens are frozen at whatever age they went through the Lineage Ritual at it once they receive their ability (see last paragraph in cultural description).

Physical Appearance:
Greyens have very pale skin and for the most part look like a normal human, except for their eyes. They have very expressive eyes. Not in the normal way. Their eyes change colors depending on their emotions. Red is anger, blue is sadness, pink is love, etc. Most Greyens wear glasses or colored contacts to hide their multi colored eyes. Sickness is rare in Greyen culture, being that as they absorb energy they heal (if necessary).

Cultural Descirption:
Greyens usually live in covens; groups of 5 to 15. They don't have more than 15 to keep others from finding out what they are. These covens are not related by blood, but most treat each other as family. Covens are very tight knit groups and quite secretive. They don't want others finding out what they are so they tend to keep to themselves. Covens are even secretive with other covens. They are diplomatic; covens keep their business and pleasure separate. This doesn't mean that Greyens aren't sociable.

Greyens have lived among humans for thousands of years. They are spread out all over the world and most covens have been around for almost as long. The Greyens are ruled by the High Council, made of the Elders of the Four Great Covens. The Four Great Covens have reigned over Greyen society since the Coven war. The High Council was established to stop another Coven War from ever happening again. During the Coven war, there were battles all over as covens fought for territory and prey. There were many casualties and Greyens almost brought themselves to extinction. The first High Council was made up of the leaders of the four strongest covens of the time; the Thermontes, the Vanderbers, the St. Caplets, and the Dominiques. These four Covens still hold the seats of the High Council. The Council members are only able to sit on the council after 400 years of age, thus when a council member performs a Lineage Ritual a new member is chose by the current council members.

Most Greyens are not born, they are made. The Lineage Ritual is how Greyen end their long lives. The ritual is a sacred thing that only the coven is a part of; all except the one that was to be offered. For a Greyen to end their life they must give all their life energy to another. The Offered One is chosen by the one whose life will be ending, chosen to become a new member of the coven. The ceremony can take anywhere from 3 hours to 3 days. Most of the Ritual is celebrating the life of the one who is going to pass, but once the good-byes are said, the real Ritual begins.

During the Lineage Ritual, the Greyen who is going to pass absorbs all the life force of the Offered One until only a small part is left in their body. From there they take what they absorbed from the Offered One and their own energy and give it all back to the Offered One. During this process, the Offered One's body is flooded with their own absorbed energy mixed with Greyen energy. Usually Greyen energy is toxic to normal humans, but during the Lineage Ritual its energy has a different effect on humans. It changes their bodies to become that of a Greyen. While their body is being changed into one that can support the Greyen energy, the Offered One is in a deep sleep; an almost dead sort of sleep. The body's processes are slowed as their internal organs cease functioning. Only their heart and lung continue to work, beating at a comatose rate. Greyen are essentially half dead. When the body has been fully converted into a Greyen, the Offered One awakens rather suddenly and the time it takes to awaken can vary. Offered Ones a usually chosen from friends that have no one to miss them or those the coven comes across. Offered Ones are almost always given the choice at a new life, whether they know what is actually going to happen.

Along with their new life, new born Greyens receive the gift of their predecessor. While they are in the deep "death" sleep, they receive teachings from the Greyen giving up their life. Whether these are memories or simple visions depend on the Greyen and the new born. During this time they are taught how to use and control these gifts. How much control they are able to maintain is up to the new born Greyen and once the new born awakens there is no way to replay those lessons if they weren't already learned.

Since Greyens are half dead, they are not really able to reproduce in the human sense. Via the Lineage Ritual most Greyen pass on their life and abilities. There is one other way for Greyens to come into existence. In Greyen Society, there are female Greyens who are called Mortas (Morta for singular). They are able to reproduce in the human way as long as they copulate with a human. The Morta then become pregnant and stays that way for 18 months. Because Greyens are half dead, it takes twice as long for their children to mature before giving birth. Morta have the same chances of giving birth to a girl as they do a boy, but only their first child is able to be a Morta and of course as long as this child is female. Mortas can have as many children as they want in their long life, but it is very taxing on them. They need to feed (absorb energy) twice as much as normal while they are pregnant. Children begat by Morta don't receive their mother's abilities. Greyen children age just as humans do until they discover their abilities. It is said that the longer it takes or a Greyen child to obtain their ability, the stronger it is. Greyen children will always get their abilities before they are 18. There has never been an instance where it has happened after then.

Realm: Earth

Other: Greyen are sensitive to sun light. It doesn't burn them, but they tend to avoid it as much as possible. They are also not able to digest food. They can eat it, but they will just throw it up later.

Short Description: Half dead beings that feed on the energy of others and usually live in groups called Covens. They have multicolored eyes and are able to possess many different types of powers.

Last edited:
Greyens require something other than food to survive. They feed off the life energy of others. It is an insatiable hunger that is always lingering, but most Greyens keep it in check. They are able to drain others of their energy through touch. Holding hands or a hug, even a kiss. Any skin to skin contact works. When they absorb energy, they are able to heal their wounds. The more severe the wound, the more energy required.
  • Life energy is the essence of one's existence. It's the physical manifestation of their time in this world. When a Greyen feeds on someone's energy, they are taking away part of their life. A minute is a week off their life, an hour is a year. The more a Greyen feeds off someone, the more their body deteriorates. It will not physically age, but the body itself will begin to die. This process begins after someone has had 1/4 of their life energy taken away. A minute of absorbed energy can last a sate (make the hunger bearable) a Greyen for 2 days. An hour will last them a week.
i just wanted to point out that this is almost identical to how the Yuki feed XD
i just find that kinda funny, please feel free to ignore me

i just wanted to point out that this is almost identical to how the Yuki feed XD
i just find that kinda funny, please feel free to ignore me
Yeah, I kinda based them off vampires but I didn't want to get into all that jazz of being their ambassador. As for how they feed, I didn't mean for it to be so similar.

Hello there everyone! THe name's Nick, hope you are hall having a wonderful day. I was wondering if therte is still a spot open for me to join into this rp.

Hello there everyone! THe name's Nick, hope you are hall having a wonderful day. I was wondering if therte is still a spot open for me to join into this rp.
Yes! This RP is always open. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.