Status
Not open for further replies.
There ya go :)

Name: Nightshade
Race: Devo
Gender: (the gender of the body he currently is possessing) Male
Age (apparent): 17
Age (actual): Around 30 years
Appearance: (the body he is controlling) Jet black, his hair's length about 4 inches. He wears a pair of green contacts and is often seen wearing a long gray trench coat and a white undershirt, with a pair of green sneakers.
Bio:
As a Devo, he has controlled only two bodies, the first being discarded early on, now controlling his current body. During his brief, 2 day time within The Forbidden, he had been gifted with an incredibly long, sharp scythe that could cut through anything and never dulled. This is his item that he forever wields, and uses to defend his physical body with.

From the point he became a Devo, his view upon the world changed. He noticed the senseless murder, the betrayal, the unfair governmental system, and his personality changed with his views. He is now a ruthless being and has a grand foresight of the world he envisions. He isn't always ruthless unless it benefits his goals, and can even be seen allowing someone to beat him in his favorite game, chess, if it would make their opinion of him better.

The moment he first had been summoned, he went off in search of a body, which he found in two days. This first body he decided would be a test run to see exactly what his Devo powers could do. For five years, he stood in waiting, preparing to begin his true testing. During this time, he tested his scythe out, as well as did other various Devo related training. Then, it was time. He headed off to a large city known as New York City and began to rise up the corporate ladder, beginning as a paper pusher, ending his time as a business owner of a coffee shop, all in seven years. That's when decided that he had become bored of that body. And so, he walked out into the middle of the road at a green light and got ran over by so many cars that his body became beaten beyond recognition.

At that point, he ditched his first body, now carrying all the knowledge he had gained from both the human world and the Devo world with him. And it didn't take very long for him to find another body as he waited for someone to die. It took ten minutes, for he had been smart enough to die near a hospital, and a young man had just nearly died within that hospital. And so, he took this body as his new doll, and hid for 15 years. During his time hiding, he met a few other Devos that told him of a place that magical beings of all types could assemble together, and not fear using their magic. At the end of his fifteen years, he soon met another Devo who had a message for him. One inviting him to Omnibus academy, the place described to him by other Devos. And so he went off, and this is where his true story begins...

There ya go :)

Name: Nightshade
Race: Devo
Gender: (the gender of the body he currently is possessing) Male
Age (apparent): 17
Age (actual): Around 30 years
Appearance: (the body he is controlling) Jet black, his hair's length about 4 inches. He wears a pair of green contacts and is often seen wearing a long gray trench coat and a white undershirt, with a pair of green sneakers.
Bio:
As a Devo, he has controlled only two bodies, the first being discarded early on, now controlling his current body. During his brief, 2 day time within The Forbidden, he had been gifted with an incredibly long, sharp scythe that could cut through anything and never dulled. This is his item that he forever wields, and uses to defend his physical body with.

From the point he became a Devo, his view upon the world changed. He noticed the senseless murder, the betrayal, the unfair governmental system, and his personality changed with his views. He is now a ruthless being and has a grand foresight of the world he envisions. He isn't always ruthless unless it benefits his goals, and can even be seen allowing someone to beat him in his favorite game, chess, if it would make their opinion of him better.

The moment he first had been summoned, he went off in search of a body, which he found in two days. This first body he decided would be a test run to see exactly what his Devo powers could do. For five years, he stood in waiting, preparing to begin his true testing. During this time, he tested his scythe out, as well as did other various Devo related training. Then, it was time. He headed off to a large city known as New York City and began to rise up the corporate ladder, beginning as a paper pusher, ending his time as a business owner of a coffee shop, all in seven years. That's when decided that he had become bored of that body. And so, he walked out into the middle of the road at a green light and got ran over by so many cars that his body became beaten beyond recognition.

At that point, he ditched his first body, now carrying all the knowledge he had gained from both the human world and the Devo world with him. And it didn't take very long for him to find another body as he waited for someone to die. It took ten minutes, for he had been smart enough to die near a hospital, and a young man had just nearly died within that hospital. And so, he took this body as his new doll, and hid for 15 years. During his time hiding, he met a few other Devos that told him of a place that magical beings of all types could assemble together, and not fear using their magic. At the end of his fifteen years, he soon met another Devo who had a message for him. One inviting him to Omnibus academy, the place described to him by other Devos. And so he went off, and this is where his true story begins...
Alright then. Looks good to me! Your character will be in room 514. ^^

Alright then. Looks good to me! Your character will be in room 514. ^^
Very excited to begin with the RP. And I'm excited to meet my roommate Deen.

Name singular: Diagrize, also called Wisp Deer
Name plural: Grizzen (for one pair), Grizzan (for more than 2)
Powers/Abilities:
survive in very cold/wet places or high altitude, conceal themselves in fog, gore using tusks and antlers, powerful front paws with sharp claws (non-retractable), excellent hearing and sight, may also have some power related to the stars and moon but more research into this recently discovered species is needed
Lifespan: 30-50 years depending on the year, their age depends on the moon and ordering of celestial bodies. How their lives are ruled by the stars is not clear.
Physical description: Think of giant elk/deer/lion/ox/horse hybrids about 7-9 feet tall. They have two bony antlers on top of the head with 2 prongs traditionally and two tusks like boars protruding from the mouth. They have a short mane like a mule and flexible ears like deer. The front feet are paws like a mountain lion with three claws and their back feet are similar to deer. Grizzan have long chest fur, a long muscular tail tipped with a feather-like tuft surrounded with four to eight spikes. On their shoulders they sport "spouts" (sometimes called "wisp spouts") that produce a mist-like substance called "wisps." Depending on their age, rank and health the wisps they carry on their backs may expand or change from light to dark and vice versa. Their body and hind legs are like a horse while their chest and front legs are like lions, and their necks and heads are a combination between deer and horses. Their coloration is a combination of brown, black, white, and sometimes rust. May be a single color or have markings of various shades. Any naturally occurring marking on horses or deer is possible as well as striping, brindle, and a variety of head markings. Their eyes look like a yellow disc surrounded by black. Basically all Grizzan have this eye color and can see well in the dark.

Cultural description: Grizzan live in herds of 10-20 individuals. Loyalty to their herd-mates is highly valued and the adults will eagerly give up their lives for the young. They mate once a year at the height of summer and may choose a new partner every year, however, those that are more established in the herd tend to stick with 1 or 2 mates and generally produce between 1 and 4 young. Usually the herd is led by 1-3 elders who rule and lead the herd.

Aggression is demonstrated by the lowering of the head so that the antlers/horns are towards their enemy or individual they want to challenge. If they wish to conceal themselves, for example from humans, they can expand the wisp on their backs for a limited period of time. Friendliness is demonstrated by stretching out their necks to sniff and nuzzle the other Diagrize.

Life stages: deerling- age 0-7, generally dependent on their mothers
young- age 8-14, begin to explore and go out by themselves in groups of similarly aged individuals
young adult- 15-24, begin the mating process and begin establishing themselves in the herd, also begin hunting with the herd
adult- 25-40, fully functional in the herd, well-socialized, may seek to leave the herd to establish their own herd, or take some of the herd with them to another location (only in years where there are many Grizzan)
elder- 41+, rule the herd, accept or reject new members into the herd

Ordinarily, these creatures would have no contact with humanoid species. However, with their territory shrinking rapidly, several herds in varying locations across Earth have unlocked the age-old ability of adaptation. In this case, they are able to assume semi-humanoid form and can speak telepathically with virtually any other race. Their semi-humanoid form can stand on two feet and can be compared with the kangaroo. It seems that this species is in a stage of rapid assimilation (an evolutionary ability perhaps?), and may gain the abilities of those they are around the most.

Usually there are maybe one or two "ambassador" individuals who leave their herds for a few years at a time and then carry their "mutations" to the rest which can "learn" or acquire similar changes in skill and form. Occasionally there have been instances where entire herds have been displaced by human activity and have gone out into the world to seek haven. The process in which they change to become more like those they are around is called "emulation."

Realm: In the isolated mountainous regions where no human can travel. May occasionally inhabit plains if no mountains are available. They like damp weather when mist and fog can easily accrue. Cold weather is a plus.

Other: carnivorous, may eat minerals as well

Short description: A reclusive deer and lion-like species that carry mist-like clouds on their backs called "wisps." They have recently come out of their isolation and are beginning to adapt to humanoids gaining abilities and characteristics of those they are around the most. As a result, many abilities and mutations are possible.

Somebody spiked the dice!
...I believe the word you're referring to is "fixed", or perhaps "rigged".

"Spiked" means adding alcohol (or sometimes other drugs) to a non-alcoholic beverage, often without the consent of the person drinking it. And I'm not sure how that could apply to dice. o3o

more research into this recently discovered species is needed
...Recently discovered by whom?

30-50 years depending on the year,
Does that mean... depending on the year that they're born? That's the only way I could see that making sense. o_o

If they wish to conceal themselves, for example from humans, they can expand the wisp on their backs for a limited period of time.
So, in this case, would the wisps essentially look like a thick fog, thus concealing the Diagrize?

In this case, they are able to assume semi-humanoid form
It might be helpful to explain what exactly their semi-humanoid form looks like -- especially if there's a chance that we'll be seeing it a lot more often than their 'natural' forms. o3o

and may gain the abilities of those they are around the most.
Ehhhh I don't really like the sound of that. I wouldn't want a Diagrize character to be able to copy the abilities of any other character just because they've been around them a lot -- especially since there's no clear indication of how much time they'd need to spend with the person in order for those powers to "rub off" on them. o_o

If you want this to be a central concept of your race, you're definitely going to have to flesh it out a lot more.

Ha! Funny, but when I was reading Nightshade's new sheet, I got to wondering if he'd end up with Deen.

This should indeed be fun.

Somebody spiked the dice!
XD I'm quite excited to be roommates within Deen, I'm just excited to be a part of this small community that I feel will be an amazing experience.

I'm honestly tempted to make a race sheet for deities, and maybe some afterlife-related stuff, just so that they'll stop being such an obstacle.

Hrmmm...

Edit: Actually, now that I've started thinking about it, I can already feel the wheels turning... I might be able to go some interesting places with this. OwO
You could create an actual moon goddess to make Luna even more confusing xD

XD I'm quite excited to be roommates within Deen, I'm just excited to be a part of this small community that I feel will be an amazing experience.
Glad you're excited, I am too. This is already the largest (forum) RP I've ever been a part of, so it's both cool, and a little intimidating. It's shaping up to look like a lot of fun though.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
...I believe the word you're referring to is "fixed", or perhaps "rigged".

"Spiked" means adding alcohol (or sometimes other drugs) to a non-alcoholic beverage, often without the consent of the person drinking it. And I'm not sure how that could apply to dice. o3o

Get shot glass. Drop dice in shot glass. Pour alcohol over dice. Then shake.

I see lots of practical jokes in your character's future, perhaps... :bsmile: ... We shall see!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sail
Get shot glass. Drop dice in shot glass. Pour alcohol over dice. Then shake.

I see lots of practical jokes in your character's future, perhaps... :bsmile: ... We shall see!
You all just wait. I have some interesting plans that Imma try with Nightshade, some of which involving some practical jokes. *laughs evilily (is that even a word?) *

Glad you're excited, I am too. This is already the largest (forum) RP I've ever been a part of, so it's both cool, and a little intimidating. It's shaping up to look like a lot of fun though.
Yeah, I figured it would be fairly feasible to have quite a large number of players since there isn't a central plot, and everything kind of revolves around the interactions between all these wildly different characters -- which we'll certainly have no shortage of. XD

Reactions: Luma
I'm a bit intimidated by the sheer numbers as well, but at the same time I think it'll prove to be a valuable experience (for me especially because every single roleplay I've been in up until this point has had a plot xD)

I'm also intimidated by the fact that there are two pranksters in the same room...but that's irrelevant

[spoili]
Worried+001.gif
[/spoili]

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kagayours
Uhm

So maybe this has been asked before and I just can't find it

But how are the rooms physically arranged? Does it go something like

... | 504 | 505 | 506 | 507 | ...
==================== <-- hallway
... | 513 | 514 | 515 | 516 | ...

or

... | 504 | 506 | 508 | 510 | ...
... | 505 | 507 | 509 | 511 | ...

???

In other words, is one side of a hallway the even-numbered rooms and the odd rooms are opposite them, or are the rooms generally in numerical order?

... | 504 | 506 | 508 | 510 | ...
... | 505 | 507 | 509 | 511 | ...
This one makes a lot more sense. I don't think I've ever seen room numbers in this kind of building arranged like the other example before. XD

• Thank You
Reactions: Eru
This one makes a lot more sense. I don't think I've ever seen room numbers in this kind of building arranged like the other example before. XD
great im not going crazy then

although with pranksters next door

neptune might be

.-.

Now I kinda wanna Neptune and Sera to be room mates now. And Sera be like "quiet down you, you're bothering Neptune, but on the DL can I join in" while phasing through the wall.

Neptune would not appreciate it, at least I think so

Now I kinda wanna Neptune and Sera to be room mates now. And Sera be like "quiet down you, you're bothering Neptune, but on the DL can I join in" while phasing through the wall.

Neptune would not appreciate it, at least I think so
Well ya never know. Too bad they're not in the same room. ;-;
But I can still plan counter-pranks... huehuehue.

The only difficult part is that I haven't quite worked out how Neptune will actually act around the other students. Will she be haughty or mischievous? Guess we'll all have to wait until the fun really begins to find out...

• Love
Reactions: Yorika
Status
Not open for further replies.