Status
Not open for further replies.
Piano and violin...

I would like to join (I am pretty new to iwaku) all I have to do is post my character/race description right?

Reactions: Luma
I would like to join (I am pretty new to iwaku) all I have to do is post my character/race description right?
Hey, welcome to Iwaku! I can't really speak for the mods, but I think it's alright to do so.

Post the race sheet first if you'd like to make a race and we'll look over it. Then you can make a character for said race once we've accepted it. Alternatively, you can make a character for one of the races already available if you'd like.

You have to post both those things, and make sure they're accepted by us. We (as in, myself, @Luma, and @Clownpiece), might say that some changes have to be made.

Also, if you're making a race, I'd like to see your race sheet before your character sheet. o3o And, yeah, like Luma said, you can also make a character for an existing race -- but you'll need your character sheet to be accepted by the ambassador of that race, as well.

WELCOME TO OUR SITE!

WELCOME TO OUR SITE!

WELCOMEPURPLEDEMON-WELCOMEPURPLEDEMON-WELCOMEPURPLEDEMON-WELCOME!

(But seriously, welcome!)

(On another note, what's with all the EdgeBabby's and EdgeSquire I'm seeing? Like, there's been at least 5 of them around this site, and I'm not sure whether to be worried about another secret cult or not...)

WELCOME TO OUR SITE!

WELCOME TO OUR SITE!

WELCOMEPURPLEDEMON-WELCOMEPURPLEDEMON-WELCOMEPURPLEDEMON-WELCOME!

(But seriously, welcome!)

(On another note, what's with all the EdgeBabby's and EdgeSquire I'm seeing? Like, there's been at least 5 of them around this site, and I'm not sure whether to be worried about another secret cult or not...)
Iwaku's open sign-ups. Pretty awesome to have this as their first-ever RP on the site if you ask me.

They're the default user titles for anyone who hasn't typed in a custom one. :P Each usergroup has a different default name, but they all revolve around the same theme.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Race's name: koimago

the koimago are spirits of children who died before the age of 18 and had massive regrets, unlike ghosts and phantoms they return to their dead bodies, so they are similar to zombies, though their bodies do not decompose and look normal (except for their skin ad eyes, the skin becomes very pale, and their eyes chage to the color of their spirit.

powers: every koimago has different powers, they are combinations of 6 elements, (fire, earth, wind, water, light, darkness. the color of their soul also depends on the power) some koimago can transform into certain animals.

history: koimago used to inhabit many realms and due to their childish nature they misbehaved and bewitched other creatures, they also stole frequently. a powerfull koimago called rose saw that the people are getting very angry and it was getting dangerous for her bretheren, she sacrificed herself and with her spirit power she created a pocket dimension where all the koimago lived in peace, the koimago love their new world ad worship rose as a goddess. her spirit is still maintaining balace in their world.

appearece: they all look young (not older then 14) and look like regular humans.

(ok so I don't know what to add... I guess this is it, kinda short though)

Race's name: koimago

the koimago are spirits of children who died before the age of 18 and had massive regrets, unlike ghosts and phantoms they return to their dead bodies, so they are similar to zombies, though their bodies do not decompose and look normal (except for their skin ad eyes, the skin becomes very pale, and their eyes chage to the color of their spirit.

powers: every koimago has different powers, they are combinations of 6 elements, (fire, earth, wind, water, light, darkness. the color of their soul also depends on the power) some koimago can transform into certain animals.

history: koimago used to inhabit many realms and due to their childish nature they misbehaved and bewitched other creatures, they also stole frequently. a powerfull koimago called rose saw that the people are getting very angry and it was getting dangerous for her bretheren, she sacrificed herself and with her spirit power she created a pocket dimension where all the koimago lived in peace, the koimago love their new world ad worship rose as a goddess. her spirit is still maintaining balace in their world.

appearece: they all look young (not older then 14) and look like regular humans.

(ok so I don't know what to add... I guess this is it, kinda short though)
Some of the things mentioned here just don't quite add up to me...

So... is there any particular reason why spirits of children become koimago? Are there any other qualifying factors we should know about? It wouldn't seem right to say that every child who dies with "massive regrets" becomes a koimago, for the following reasons...

Since koimago still look about the same as they did in life, and presumably retain all their old memories (although this wasn't explicitly stated), what are they supposed to do with their old identities? Do they just... run away and leave their old lives? That wouldn't make any sense, given that their "massive regrets" would imply that they have unfinished business that they'd like to attend to. And how much time passes before a person dies and their soul returns to their body as a koimago? The bigger that time gap is, the more I have to ask -- wouldn't people notice if a kid's corpse suddenly came back to life? This isn't the same case with, say, a ghost, because ghosts can exist without anyone connected to the dead person knowing about it -- which includes both the person's friends and family, as well as any hospital staff and the like who would be attending to their corpse. Koimago don't have that luxury.

All of this gets even worse with the requirement that koimago all die as minors -- who, consequently, have a lot less independence than adults. So, to compare this to, say, Devos -- it makes sense that a Devo could just bury their doll's old identity and start anew, because they can take over the bodies of adults -- and it's a lot more likely that an adult could have hardly any friends and family to worry about them, or, in general, would just have a much easier time dropping off the grid. Not only that, but a Devo could also, say, fake their own death (since no one would even know that the person was dead in the first place when they were taken over by a Devo) in order to cut ties with the human's old life. And, once again, there's the whole issue that koimago have no reason to want to disconnect from their old lives, as implied by their "massive regrets". This is not the case for Devos, who are parasitic creatures that absorb the soul of a human and take over their bodies, meaning that they would have no reason to care about the human's old life because they aren't the person who died in the first place.

So, going back to what I was saying before -- it seems strange that every child who died with regrets would have their corpse mysteriously disappear. Or -- if their soul returns to their body quickly enough -- that they would just abandon their old life without warning (despite that still not making any sense). And uh, yeah, a person who is already believed to be dead can't just show up in people's lives again as a koimago like "surprise, I'm alive!!" all Sherlock-season-3-style. I can't allow that.

some koimago can transform into certain animals.
...Anything in particular that sets these koimago apart? Most of the others were elemental powers aligned with the color of their spirit -- so this power seems like a rather odd one out, especially if it only applies to "some" koimago.

koimago used to inhabit many realms
What do you mean used to?

If a koimago comes into existence when a child dies with massive regrets, how could they not still exist in various realms? What's stopping a koimago from coming into existence on earth at this point?

bewitched other creatures
If they have the ability to "bewitch" people then that's something that should really be explained in the "powers" section. I think it would also be necessary to explain what exactly "bewitching" entails.

a powerfull koimago called rose saw that the people are getting very angry and it was getting dangerous for her bretheren,
...What people? Humans? Sentient beings of some other realm?

How do these "angry people" know anything about the koimago, if they're virtually indistinguishable from normal humans (or whatever race they started out as)?

Also, if it was becoming "dangerous", does that mean that koimago can be easily killed? I had assumed they were more-or-less immortal -- which I guess is the default setting for the undead -- but now I'm realizing that you never mentioned anything about how they can be killed (or if they can be killed at all), or what their lifespan would be... So, that's something that should definitely be included.

he sacrificed herself and with her spirit power she created a pocket dimension
How? Does every koimago have this kind of power? What made Rose so special?

Also, if you're creating a "pocket dimension" which, based on some other parts of your description, is more-or-less the place-of-origin for the koimago (even if that contradicts some other things...), then you would need to list that as your race's "realm", and also provide at least a basic description of it.

where all the koimago lived in peace
How is is that every koimago was able to know about this place? If they all come into being when an ordinary person dies, then how would any of them know anything about what a koimago is? How can a koimago society even exist without there being some way of each one knowing about what the rest of their race is like?

Also, how did all of these koimago enter this pocket dimension? Do they have the power to travel between realms at ease, or did Rose's power drag them all there somehow? If it's the latter, how are any of them supposed to exit this pocket dimension? Also, does this mean that every new koimago that comes into existence gets sucked into this other realm, whether or not they want to?

You mentioned earlier that their skin turns pale and their eyes change color. That would be a good thing to include here -- for anyone who skims your race sheet for a quick description of what a koimago looks like.

• Thank You
Oh, I was thinking: With this set on earth, this means we'd have seasons... and holidays... to celebrate. Would be nice if we gave ATTENTION to things like: What time of year is it, what's the weather like, how many days till Christmas... you know, all the details. I like the idea of weaving all of this into the "narrative" of our Story. Something our characters could interact with, related to the outside world. Heat, cold, wind, rain. Maybe we could have a "school garden"... oh, and this being earth, we'd very much need a Starbucks, or something similar. Deen is a coffee fiend! You would not want to deny him his favorite beverage.......

Faces_1.png

Reactions: :Cosmic: and Sail
*rolls in*
Sorry for being absent I guess?
bye!
*rolls out*

Oh, I was thinking: With this set on earth, this means we'd have seasons... and holidays... to celebrate. Would be nice if we gave ATTENTION to things like: What time of year is it, what's the weather like, how many days till Christmas..
o3o Well the problem with a lot of this is that RP time moves so slowly -- we'll start in the fall (being the start of a school year), but, beyond that, any reference to time or the outside world just feels a bit... pointless, given how slow it'll all be moving. We'd practically be frozen in time. :/

Maybe we could have a "school garden"... oh, and this being earth, we'd very much need a Starbucks, or something similar. Deen is a coffee fiend! You would not want to deny him his favorite beverage.......
Haha, I like the idea of having a Starbucks, though. I'd even be willing to make a slight exception to the "humans don't know about magic" rule just for that. XD OR maybe Starbucks is secretly run by magical creatures to begin with. Either one works for me. :P

Reactions: Luma and :Cosmic:
Oh! We should call it that! The Java Squirrel. It has all the Starbucks drinks, but it's run by highly caffeinated magical squirrels.

• Love
Oh! We should call it that! The Java Squirrel. It has all the Starbucks drinks, but it's run by highly caffeinated magical squirrels.
In that case: are we talking about human-sized squirrel furries, or normal-sized talking squirrels who run the place using a series of Rube Goldberg machines that are powered by squirrels running on hamster wheels?

• Love
Reactions: Luma
In that case: are we talking about human-sized squirrel furries, or normal-sized talking squirrels who run the place using a series of Rube Goldberg machines that are powered by squirrels running on hamster wheels?
Totally that second option. I can't picture it any other way.

Yes!

Just...tiny squirrels. (-o.o-)

Wait, what if there was one in front that just had one of those index-card-flipper-holder-thingies that had a bunch of pre-written phrases on them. (Oh, and of course a tip jar that reads "we go nuts for nuts!" xD)

Status
Not open for further replies.