• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I like this idea. It could be like humans being right or left-handed (or, in very rare cases, ambidextrous). But perhaps the Arcani don't realize or understand that different individuals have different dominant hearts, and so the difference is interpreted as this judgement thing that you mentioned, @-'ToxicGhostie'-.

Furthermore, perhaps either right-heartedness or left-heartedness is more common than the alternative, meaning that either extreme pain or no pain is the more common outcome when the right heart gives out, and that the alternative is seen as the less common, unusual outcome. As for which should be more common, I guess it depends on whether the Arcani believe that most individuals are good by default and that only a particularly wicked person would deserve punishment, or that most individuals are sinful by default and that only a particularly pure person would be saved.

And given the fact that many human civilizations often associated left-handedness with wickedness, it really doesn't feel like too much of a stretch to connect something like this to one's morality. :P
Ooh, sure. I like this more than my thing about pain receptors, it's much better in my opinion.
So...
if an Arcanus is right-hearted, and their right heart gives out and the left heart must do more work now, that would cause pain(?). But if a right-hearted Arcanus' left heart gives out, they would barely feel anything.
(I pretty much just typed that out to help myself :P)
The right-hearted Arcanus that lost their right heart (and must now be left-hearted) would be considered sinful, because they felt pain and that is punishment.
I think right-heartedness will be more common, like right-handedness, but being born left-hearted isn't really a problem. It's just the pain that'll make you wicked (when/if they lose their dominant heart and experience immense pain).

Sounds good to me.

so i went mia for a bit
dat's my fault
I'm definitely back for the foreseeable future though

Reactions: Kagayours
Ooh, sure. I like this more than my thing about pain receptors, it's much better in my opinion.
So...
if an Arcanus is right-hearted, and their right heart gives out and the left heart must do more work now, that would cause pain(?). But if a right-hearted Arcanus' left heart gives out, they would barely feel anything.
(I pretty much just typed that out to help myself :P)
The right-hearted Arcanus that lost their right heart (and must now be left-hearted) would be considered sinful, because they felt pain and that is punishment.
I think right-heartedness will be more common, like right-handedness, but being born left-hearted isn't really a problem. It's just the pain that'll make you wicked (when/if they lose their dominant heart and experience immense pain).
Yup, that makes sense to me!

Reactions: :Cosmic:
And now, for something completely different:

"Whoops!"

• Love
Reactions: chaosheart13
Here's my character sheet, and I am excited to begin in this new roleplay! :)

Name: Nightshade
Race: Devo
Gender: (the gender of the body he currently is possessing) Male
Age (apparent): 17
Age (actual): Around 30 years
Appearance: (the body he is controlling) Jet black, length about 4 inches. Wears a pair of green contacts, and is often seen wearing a long gray trench coat and a white undershirt, with a pair of green sneakers.
Bio: In his original human form before his death, he had worked as an average, run-of-the-mill office worker. He'd go home, say hi to his wife and kids, hang out for a bit, then go to bed, then repeat the next day. Yet things changed on that "fateful" night when he had been savagely murdered on a street corner by an escaping prisoner.
As a Devo, he has controlled only two bodies, the first being discarded early on, now controlling his current body. During his brief, 2 day time within The Forbidden, he had been gifted with an incredibly long, sharp scythe that could cut through anything and never dull. This is his item that he forever wields, and uses to defend his physical body with.

Other:
He is described by other Devo's as a bit too over the top evidenced by his many dangerous and difficult plans. One such plan with his first doll was an attempt to take out an entire army on his first day of ownership of the doll. It utterly failed, and he ended up discarding the doll and moving on after a few more days of experimentation.

His current body he had hidden from society for about 15 years before resurfacing, being his body he had planned on utilizing for his true plan. He lived among normal society for around 15 years before hearing of Omnibus. With the knowledge of the magical beings that likely existed there, as well as the prospect of meeting another Devo who could assist him in his plans, he heads off, prepared for whatever would come

Last edited:
[BCOLOR=transparent]Name singular: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Langumosix Arcanus[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Name plural: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Langumosix Arcani [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Powers/Abilities: [/BCOLOR]All Langumosix Arcani have the ability to speak any language so long as they have heard of it, and any other powers are based on the individual's ancestry or environment.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Lifespan: [/BCOLOR]Between 600-1000 years, although some Langumosix Arcani have managed to live longer.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Physical description: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Langumosix Arcani are a somewhat feline-looking race, with large eyes, fang-like upper canines, claw-like nails, and slender feet. Their pupils may be vertical slits like those of a domestic cat's, but some individuals have round pupils like wild cats or humans. The average height of a Langumosix Arcanus is 5'6" (about 167 cm) for females and 6'0" (about 182 cm) for males. Their skin is incredibly soft and smooth, and some individuals may have certain markings (anything like a birthmark to "tiger stripes") that may indicate certain roles they will play in their society. Their ears are at least slightly pointed if not elf or fairy-like, sometimes just having the ears of an animal (such as a bat or leopard) instead. Depending on their region, some may have adaptations such as antlers/horns, long tails, poisonous skin, or other things that will help them live as long as possible. As for hair and eye color, there really are no boundaries.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Some may also have extra extremities or facial features, like two sets of arms or three eyes. This is very rare, though, and was more common thousands of years ago. They go through six major physical changes in their lifetime, the landmark ages being 30, 100, 170, 240, 310, and 380 (in human years, it would be 3, 10, 17, 24, 31, and 38). After these major changes, they do not show aging and mainly die due to the loss of their personal power(s)/magic. Their senses are heightened for survival, sight and hearing usually being the most heightened. Langumosix Arcanus has a very light body, and when they walk it isn't likely their feet will make very much noise.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The race has two hearts, although they can live with just one (more info in the "Other" section). Langumosix Arcanus has four stomachs, much like a cow or koala, to digest certain food. They aren't picky eaters in the slightest; as long as it will sustain them, they will eat it.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Cultural description:[/BCOLOR] Langumosix Arcanus is a race that regards wisdom as the (or rather, one of the)best qualities one can have, and most have a nearly insatiable thirst for knowledge. Philosophy and all forms of art are commonly practiced. Although Langumosix Arcanus praises mental strength, physical strength and health is also greatly recognized. This race could be compared to Earth's ancient Athenians, at least in the way they think. They are fairly peaceful beings, and look down upon any sort of unnecessary violence. However, if threatened, they are perfectly capable of attacking and defending themselves.

[BCOLOR=transparent] [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Written down, the race's personal language resembles a mix of hieroglyphics and the Roman alphabet. There are about 100 symbols, some being letters and some simple words. When the language is spoken, it is a series of clicks, chirps, and purring noises. Each letter has a different sound that goes with it (e.g. a, making the "uh" sound, has a high-pitched chirp that stops abruptly).[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]For the most part, they are very secretive creatures. Usually, a Langumosix Arcanus will not trust anyone from outside of their village or even bloodline. Their trust [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]can [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]be gained, but it will take much effort and persuasion. This does not, however, mean they won't hang around others they don't trust. A Langumosix Arcanus is more likely to fool others into believing they are trusted, and then extract information about their life so they know nearly everything about them. These creatures (usually) don't intend harm by doing this, but knowing what exactly is going on with someone or what they've done in the past provides comfort.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Langumosix Arcani are quite manipulative. This works well with how they extract personal information from others, although they may also use manipulation for other reasons (to get their way, fool another into mating, etc.). Along with that, they are a bit cold towards others and rarely display their emotions. Besides this, they aren't exactly the best at reading emotions either. They are anti social when it comes to interacting with anyone that is not of their kind, not necessarily because they are afraid of other races but mainly due to the fact that they are selfish with their knowledge and culture. Langumosix Arcani are usually perfectionists, acting overly meticulous with everything they do. This includes their appearance, causing them to seem at least a little vain or narcissistic.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Magic (or magick) is spread throughout all of their culture and history. It is used to explain their realm (Thaum) and the way it functions, and although that may be silly to apply to Earth, their realm is, quite literally, made of all sorts of magic (explained below in the "Realm" section). [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Realm:[/BCOLOR] Langumosix Arcanus is mainly from an island country in the realm Thaum. Like Earth humans, they started out in one area and spread over time, soon inhabiting basically all of Thaum's land. Thaum is split into four basic regions: Tundrus, Sumosus, Autus, and Sprousus. Each region's climate reflects one of the four seasons (winter, summer, autumn, and spring) and houses many small territories and countries. (Extra History: Langumosix Arcanus began in the Autus region, which has less severe cold climates than Tundrus but is also not very friendly to new life. Since it resembles Autumn, the region is forever frozen in a state of slow decline. (The decline lasts all year, being closest to Tundrus in the 12th month and closest to Sumosus in the 1st month.) Because of the semi-unfriendly conditions, the first Langumosix Arcani began moving around in an attempt to find a better place to live.) Each region has many different interesting species and races inhabiting it, all of which possessing magical or supernatural traits.

[BCOLOR=transparent] [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]There are two moons, one being slightly smaller than the other. These two moons (Tsudante being the larger one and Ikizo being the smaller one) are believed to represent a mother and child. They have opposite waxing/waning schedules, Tsudante being full when Ikizo is new. This is thought of as Ikizo's birth, and as the smaller moon waxes it is "growing up". The larger moon, or "mother", would be waning at this time, signaling her aging as she raises Ikizo. When she is new and Ikizo is full, the child is fully grown and may now live without their mother. Usually, coming of age rituals will be held when Ikizo is full. If young is birthed when Tsudante is full, it is said that the child's gained powers will be incredibly strong.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent] [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Most Langumosix Arcanus remain in Thaum, not wanting to interact with races from other realms or share any of their knowledge or culture. Some have come to Earth out of curiosity, wanting to experience the world instead of just reading about it and its creatures. Mostly, the individuals coming to Earth have abilities or adaptations that will protect or hide them from humans.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Other: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Much like humans being right or left handed, a Langumosix Arcanus is right or left hearted. This means they have a dominant heart, right-heartedness being more common than left-heartedness. If the right heart in a right-hearted individual gives out and they become left-hearted, this would cause the pain that makes one sinful by the culture's standards. It is believed by all (or at the very least, most) Langumosix Arcani that if one feels pain during the process of losing a heart, the deities are punishing them. But, say a right-hearted individual's left heart gives out. This would cause no pain, or at the most a tingling sensation that could be easily passed off as something else. Therefore, the being is still considered pure*. The same goes for left-hearted individuals- if their left heart gives out, it is painful. If their right heart gives out, nothing much happens besides them now having one less heart.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]*They are all considered pure by default.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]When a Langumosix Arcanus hits their first major physical change at age 30, they are given a pocket-sized guardian to assist them throughout the rest of their life. The guardian will usually have complementary traits to the creature it is given to, and it's appearance will be basically the opposite of the certain Langumosix Arcanus. They are genderless fairy-like beings that can fly and turn invisible at will. These guardians will sometimes serve as teachers or mentors to the soul they're paired with, showing them how to survive and acting somewhat as a little voice inside the individual's head.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Short description:[/BCOLOR] A secretive, somewhat unsocial cat-like species that is in love with knowledge. They are blessed with the ability to speak any language as long as they have heard of it, along with other magical abilities and a pocket-sized guardian.

Okay! All edited, hope it's good. (Basically, everything in the "Other" section was changed and I got rid of most of the info in the last paragraph of "Physical description".)

Jet black, length about 4 inches.
Ok, so, having read it a second time, I think you were trying to describe his hair here, but, with that important word missing, I pictured a tar-covered leprechaun the first time I read this. o.o

Aaanyway, I think I should ping @Raven Haruka to take a look at this first. The way you described the life of the human who previously inhabited that body made it sound like that human became a Devo, but, that's not really how that works, as the human soul is absorbed by the Devo when it possesses their body, so describing who the human used to be feels a bit... irrelevant? I'm pretty sure there are some other discrepancies with Devo lore here, too -- but I'll call in the expert on that rather than trying to piece it all together myself. :P

I'll come back to this after Raven looks at it. o3o

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
[BCOLOR=transparent]Name singular: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Langumosix Arcanus[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Name plural: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Langumosix Arcani [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Powers/Abilities: [/BCOLOR]All Langumosix Arcani have the ability to speak any language so long as they have heard of it, and any other powers are based on the individual's ancestry or environment.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Lifespan: [/BCOLOR]Between 600-1000 years, although some Langumosix Arcani have managed to live longer.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Physical description: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Langumosix Arcani are a somewhat feline-looking race, with large eyes, fang-like upper canines, claw-like nails, and slender feet. Their pupils may be vertical slits like those of a domestic cat's, but some individuals have round pupils like wild cats or humans. The average height of a Langumosix Arcanus is 5'6" (about 167 cm) for females and 6'0" (about 182 cm) for males. Their skin is incredibly soft and smooth, and some individuals may have certain markings (anything like a birthmark to "tiger stripes") that may indicate certain roles they will play in their society. Their ears are at least slightly pointed if not elf or fairy-like, sometimes just having the ears of an animal (such as a bat or leopard) instead. Depending on their region, some may have adaptations such as antlers/horns, long tails, poisonous skin, or other things that will help them live as long as possible. As for hair and eye color, there really are no boundaries.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Some may also have extra extremities or facial features, like two sets of arms or three eyes. This is very rare, though, and was more common thousands of years ago. They go through six major physical changes in their lifetime, the landmark ages being 30, 100, 170, 240, 310, and 380 (in human years, it would be 3, 10, 17, 24, 31, and 38). After these major changes, they do not show aging and mainly die due to the loss of their personal power(s)/magic. Their senses are heightened for survival, sight and hearing usually being the most heightened. Langumosix Arcanus has a very light body, and when they walk it isn't likely their feet will make very much noise.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The race has two hearts, although they can live with just one (more info in the "Other" section). Langumosix Arcanus has four stomachs, much like a cow or koala, to digest certain food. They aren't picky eaters in the slightest; as long as it will sustain them, they will eat it.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Cultural description:[/BCOLOR] Langumosix Arcanus is a race that regards wisdom as the (or rather, one of the)best qualities one can have, and most have a nearly insatiable thirst for knowledge. Philosophy and all forms of art are commonly practiced. Although Langumosix Arcanus praises mental strength, physical strength and health is also greatly recognized. This race could be compared to Earth's ancient Athenians, at least in the way they think. They are fairly peaceful beings, and look down upon any sort of unnecessary violence. However, if threatened, they are perfectly capable of attacking and defending themselves.

[BCOLOR=transparent] [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Written down, the race's personal language resembles a mix of hieroglyphics and the Roman alphabet. There are about 100 symbols, some being letters and some simple words. When the language is spoken, it is a series of clicks, chirps, and purring noises. Each letter has a different sound that goes with it (e.g. a, making the "uh" sound, has a high-pitched chirp that stops abruptly).[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]For the most part, they are very secretive creatures. Usually, a Langumosix Arcanus will not trust anyone from outside of their village or even bloodline. Their trust [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]can [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]be gained, but it will take much effort and persuasion. This does not, however, mean they won't hang around others they don't trust. A Langumosix Arcanus is more likely to fool others into believing they are trusted, and then extract information about their life so they know nearly everything about them. These creatures (usually) don't intend harm by doing this, but knowing what exactly is going on with someone or what they've done in the past provides comfort.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Langumosix Arcani are quite manipulative. This works well with how they extract personal information from others, although they may also use manipulation for other reasons (to get their way, fool another into mating, etc.). Along with that, they are a bit cold towards others and rarely display their emotions. Besides this, they aren't exactly the best at reading emotions either. They are anti social when it comes to interacting with anyone that is not of their kind, not necessarily because they are afraid of other races but mainly due to the fact that they are selfish with their knowledge and culture. Langumosix Arcani are usually perfectionists, acting overly meticulous with everything they do. This includes their appearance, causing them to seem at least a little vain or narcissistic.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Magic (or magick) is spread throughout all of their culture and history. It is used to explain their realm (Thaum) and the way it functions, and although that may be silly to apply to Earth, their realm is, quite literally, made of all sorts of magic (explained below in the "Realm" section). [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Realm:[/BCOLOR] Langumosix Arcanus is mainly from an island country in the realm Thaum. Like Earth humans, they started out in one area and spread over time, soon inhabiting basically all of Thaum's land. Thaum is split into four basic regions: Tundrus, Sumosus, Autus, and Sprousus. Each region's climate reflects one of the four seasons (winter, summer, autumn, and spring) and houses many small territories and countries. (Extra History: Langumosix Arcanus began in the Autus region, which has less severe cold climates than Tundrus but is also not very friendly to new life. Since it resembles Autumn, the region is forever frozen in a state of slow decline. (The decline lasts all year, being closest to Tundrus in the 12th month and closest to Sumosus in the 1st month.) Because of the semi-unfriendly conditions, the first Langumosix Arcani began moving around in an attempt to find a better place to live.) Each region has many different interesting species and races inhabiting it, all of which possessing magical or supernatural traits.

[BCOLOR=transparent] [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]There are two moons, one being slightly smaller than the other. These two moons (Tsudante being the larger one and Ikizo being the smaller one) are believed to represent a mother and child. They have opposite waxing/waning schedules, Tsudante being full when Ikizo is new. This is thought of as Ikizo's birth, and as the smaller moon waxes it is "growing up". The larger moon, or "mother", would be waning at this time, signaling her aging as she raises Ikizo. When she is new and Ikizo is full, the child is fully grown and may now live without their mother. Usually, coming of age rituals will be held when Ikizo is full. If young is birthed when Tsudante is full, it is said that the child's gained powers will be incredibly strong.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent] [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Most Langumosix Arcanus remain in Thaum, not wanting to interact with races from other realms or share any of their knowledge or culture. Some have come to Earth out of curiosity, wanting to experience the world instead of just reading about it and its creatures. Mostly, the individuals coming to Earth have abilities or adaptations that will protect or hide them from humans.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Other: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Much like humans being right or left handed, a Langumosix Arcanus is right or left hearted. This means they have a dominant heart, right-heartedness being more common than left-heartedness. If the right heart in a right-hearted individual gives out and they become left-hearted, this would cause the pain that makes one sinful by the culture's standards. It is believed by all (or at the very least, most) Langumosix Arcani that if one feels pain during the process of losing a heart, the deities are punishing them. But, say a right-hearted individual's left heart gives out. This would cause no pain, or at the most a tingling sensation that could be easily passed off as something else. Therefore, the being is still considered pure*. The same goes for left-hearted individuals- if their left heart gives out, it is painful. If their right heart gives out, nothing much happens besides them now having one less heart.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]*They are all considered pure by default.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]When a Langumosix Arcanus hits their first major physical change at age 30, they are given a pocket-sized guardian to assist them throughout the rest of their life. The guardian will usually have complementary traits to the creature it is given to, and it's appearance will be basically the opposite of the certain Langumosix Arcanus. They are genderless fairy-like beings that can fly and turn invisible at will. These guardians will sometimes serve as teachers or mentors to the soul they're paired with, showing them how to survive and acting somewhat as a little voice inside the individual's head.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Short description:[/BCOLOR] A secretive, somewhat unsocial cat-like species that is in love with knowledge. They are blessed with the ability to speak any language as long as they have heard of it, along with other magical abilities and a pocket-sized guardian.

Yeah, this looks pretty good -- except that, once again, you made the text for the 'other' section white instead of non-colored. Just like with before, this makes it invisible on lighter backgrounds. So, just highlight that text and change it to non-colored (the box in the bottom-right with an X in it), and you should be all good. :P

Reactions: :Cosmic:
Yeah, this looks pretty good -- except that, once again, you made the text for the 'other' section white instead of non-colored. Just like with before, this makes it invisible on lighter backgrounds. So, just highlight that text and change it to non-colored (the box in the bottom-right with an X in it), and you should be all good. :P
oh, jeez... whoopsie (again..)
alrighty, I'll get on that (aaand, it'll take like 5 seconds) :P

It's odd, because it had been auburn like the word "Other" when I got rid of the info I put in previously, and then I highlighted what had been typed and hit "x" for the color. :/ oh well~
Once that's fixed, I'll start up my CS :3

That moment when your character sheet requires 4 separate ages. Looks good, and seeing as Eruantien gave it a 'Love', I imagine that counts as a seal of approval. Welcome aboard the "overly curious" club.

...aaaaand, another unique room. Sera will be in room #508.

Yay!!! I'm super excited! Can't wait until this starts.

Damn, I don't have a room mate yet. Oh well, I cant wait to see who I get!

I'VE BEEN SUMMONED! (hahaha yeah, I totally didn't realize my notifications failed me until that mention. Thanks @Kagayours )

As a Devo, he has controlled only two bodies, the first being discarded early on, now controlling his current body.
Alright, so this is a major thing!

Right now, I'm getting the idea that (your chara's name) has dumped his first body somewhere, but then found a second somehow?

1) How did he find this second body? Just to clarify- he would have to be able to destroy his first body to a point beyond repair (ouch), and even then the next body has to be within a mile's radius of where the first body "died".
2) Why did (your chara) ditch his body? This isn't canon, but I assume most Devos only used the "ditch a body" as a last resort? Just doing this with no reason...it just doesn't make sense.

The way you described the life of the human who previously inhabited that body made it sound like that human became a Devo, but, that's not really how that works, as the human soul is absorbed by the Devo when it possesses their body, so describing who the human used to be feels a bit... irrelevant?
Kaga does make a great point here. It really isn't all that useful to have just the "human's" history here- especially considering the fact that this is (your chara)'s second body. So, if you wanted to include the history of the human's there, technically you should include both, as there is technically three sets of memories now residing within (your chara): Body #1, Body #2, and the Devo itself.

Other than these few things, I don't see anything else majorly wrong (from a Devo-race-ambassador's POV, that is. You still have to clear it with the GMs). Now if you excuse me I'm going to go flop around in a corner over being called an 'expert' :D

Yay!!! I'm super excited! Can't wait until this starts.

Damn, I don't have a room mate yet. Oh well, I cant wait to see who I get!
I was crossing my fingers to room you with the other Nül (Neptune), but the RNG was not in my favor. Yeah, still the excitement of things to come.

• Love
Reactions: Yorika
I'm honestly tempted to make a race sheet for deities, and maybe some afterlife-related stuff, just so that they'll stop being such an obstacle.

Hrmmm...

Edit: Actually, now that I've started thinking about it, I can already feel the wheels turning... I might be able to go some interesting places with this. OwO

Thanks for the help! I knew something was wrong with it, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. :) Here's the new version! (by the way, I took out the info about his original human form, and then put the memories of both bodies he had controlled in the other section. )

Appearance: (the body he is controlling) Jet black, his hair's length about 4 inches. He wears a pair of green contacts, and is often seen wearing a long gray trench coat and a white undershirt, with a pair of green sneakers.
Bio:
As a Devo, he has controlled only two bodies, the first being discarded early on, now controlling his current body. During his brief, 2 day time within The Forbidden, he had been gifted with an incredibly long, sharp scythe that could cut through anything and never dulled. This is his item that he forever wields, and uses to defend his physical body with.

Other:
The moment he first had been summoned, he went off in search of a body, which he found in two days. This first body he decided would be a test run to see exactly what his Devo powers could do. For five years, he stood in waiting, preparing to begin his true testing. During this time, he tested his scythe out, as well as did other various Devo related training. Then, it was time. He headed off to a large city known as New York City, and began to rise up the corporate ladder, beginning as a paper pusher, ending his time as a business owner of a coffee shop, all in seven years. That's when decided that he had become bored of that body. And so, he walked out into the middle of the road at a green light, and got ran over by so many cars that his body became beaten beyond recognition.

At that point, he ditched his first body, now carrying all the knowledge he had gained from both the human world and the Devo world with him. And it didn't take very long for him to find another body as he waited for someone to die. It took ten minutes, for he had been smart enough to die near a hospital, and a young man had just nearly died within that hospital. And so, he took this body as his new doll, and hid for 15 years. During his time hiding, he met a few other Devos that told him of a place that magical beings of all types could assemble together, and not fear using their magic. At the end of his fifteen years, he soon met another Devo who had a message for him. One inviting him to Omnibus academy, the place described to him by other Devos. And so he went off, and this is where his true story begins...

Reactions: Raven Haruka
Thanks for the help! I knew something was wrong with it, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. :) Here's the new version! (by the way, I took out the info about his original human form, and then put the memories of both bodies he had controlled in the other section. )

Appearance: (the body he is controlling) Jet black, his hair's length about 4 inches. He wears a pair of green contacts, and is often seen wearing a long gray trench coat and a white undershirt, with a pair of green sneakers.
Bio:
As a Devo, he has controlled only two bodies, the first being discarded early on, now controlling his current body. During his brief, 2 day time within The Forbidden, he had been gifted with an incredibly long, sharp scythe that could cut through anything and never dulled. This is his item that he forever wields, and uses to defend his physical body with.

Other:
The moment he first had been summoned, he went off in search of a body, which he found in two days. This first body he decided would be a test run to see exactly what his Devo powers could do. For five years, he stood in waiting, preparing to begin his true testing. During this time, he tested his scythe out, as well as did other various Devo related training. Then, it was time. He headed off to a large city known as New York City, and began to rise up the corporate ladder, beginning as a paper pusher, ending his time as a business owner of a coffee shop, all in seven years. That's when decided that he had become bored of that body. And so, he walked out into the middle of the road at a green light, and got ran over by so many cars that his body became beaten beyond recognition.

At that point, he ditched his first body, now carrying all the knowledge he had gained from both the human world and the Devo world with him. And it didn't take very long for him to find another body as he waited for someone to die. It took ten minutes, for he had been smart enough to die near a hospital, and a young man had just nearly died within that hospital. And so, he took this body as his new doll, and hid for 15 years. During his time hiding, he met a few other Devos that told him of a place that magical beings of all types could assemble together, and not fear using their magic. At the end of his fifteen years, he soon met another Devo who had a message for him. One inviting him to Omnibus academy, the place described to him by other Devos. And so he went off, and this is where his true story begins...

Hmmm, he sounds like an oddball (and I mean that in a lovable-kind-of-way), but otherwise you seemed to address all the issues I had. (Now it's up to @Luma and @Kagayours to actually accept your chara).

Reactions: Sail
XD Yay! I am very excited to see who ends up being his roommate. :)

Bio:

Other:

Hmm. Looks good for the most part -- only thing that stands out to me is that there's really not much of a description of his personality. You've got the history part down pretty well -- although I feel I should point out that it really doesn't need to be in the "other" section and I think it would work just fine under "bio", since everything is described with Nightshade as the focus rather than describing the lives of the humans who later became his dolls -- but, there's not much here about his personality. What you've written so far sort of gives off the vibe that he's a cold and calculating type -- but perhaps that wasn't your intention? Probably best to expand on his personality a bit more, just to get a better feel for who he is.

Other than that, though, everything else looks alright. o3o

Status
Not open for further replies.