• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Eruantien

Yep, I just hadn't really had the time to do much about it. (Also, I'm a sophomore too! Just...high school, not college x.x)

@Eruantien

Yep, I just hadn't really had the time to do much about it. (Also, I'm a sophomore too! Just...high school, not college x.x)
Lol welp, I'm at a loss. Sorry bout that. xD
And you should have NO reason to be regretful about being in high school. Everything's on fire now and all is pain.

IDIOT EDIT: Yes I'm an idiot. The alert from the thread (probably) superceded the @mention alert. Carry on folks.
*trashes tinfoil hat*

Given all the confusion about it, I added some stuff to the OP about how race sheets should be written in a way that allows for other players to make characters for that race. I also added something to the FAQ about unnecessary gatekeeping, since I realized I've been throwing that term around a lot without ever properly defining or explaining it. ^^"

I have no problem with others making Nism characters. Might be a bit odd to have two Nism turn up randomly, but then, odd things do happen when you travel by Threshhold (Hammerspace can be so contrary with its Advents). Already had two different people make Nism characters for RP, one of them right here and now. So, anyone interested, you know who to PM! Being Free Spirits, Nism have a wide swath of personalities, from disciplined grace to Deenish goofballery. So you should be able to come up with a good character, with some easy coaching. Just have to learn the physical/cultural nature of the species, the cultural part being rather loose, since Nism tend to pick up bits of "stuff" from all over Creation. Though I don't have all of the Thousand Bloodline Names, I do have quite a selection, and it would be great to have help coming up with more, if none of the offered catch attention. Coloration/Bloodline characteristics, and a few other bits, cover the physical part. Which are still very much open to "interpretation". Especially in the unused Bloodlines.

Guess who is leaving for the airport in 1 hour, and after that will fly for 12/13 hours (including connection at Dubai)?
Wish me good luck!

freshman in college,
i've been here two weeks and i'm already exhausted XD the campus is spread out and the theater building is on the other side from my dorm -dies-

but anyway :) I don't believe I wrote mine in a way that would make it difficult for anyone else. I'd love it if people made some Yuki!

I've already graduated college, but I went to a vocational college, so I'm kinda cheating.... Heh... Well I do work a lot!

Also, being an Athys/Synthos would be pretty easy!

Oh and I edited one thing on m race sheet. I just added to the lifespan explanation of the Athys

Last edited:
Reactions: Luma
freshman in college,
i've been here two weeks and i'm already exhausted XD the campus is spread out and the theater building is on the other side from my dorm -dies-

but anyway :) I don't believe I wrote mine in a way that would make it difficult for anyone else. I'd love it if people made some Yuki!
I've already graduated college, but I went to a vocational college, so I'm kinda cheating.... Heh... Well I do work a lot!

Also, being an Athys/Synthos would be pretty easy!

Oh and I edited one thing on m race sheet. I just added to the lifespan explanation of the Athys
Your race sheets are all good, but I wanna see some character sheets xD

To be fair though, I have no right to complain, I take forever making my characters too. Except Luna, for some reason I was pretty speedy writing that out...

@Eruantien I THINK YOU JUST SOLVED MY WONKY ALERTS PROBLEM.

I WILL LOOK FURTHER INTO THIS, BUT YOU MAY HAVE PROVIDED ME WITH THE MISSING LINK IN THIS MOST INFURIATING PUZZLE.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Eru
*rolls in like a tumbleweed*
Ooooh....
this is amazing o3o
(If I may,) I'd love to make a character and possibly a new race :3
Sure thing! ^^ If you plan on creating a new race (with your character being a member of that race), I'd prefer for you to post your race sheet first to take a look at. (As a general rule, I don't look at character sheets until the race sheet that they go with is accepted.)

If you're making a character for a race that's already accepted, just remember that it has to be approved by the ambassador of that race as well as a GM. Shouldn't be too much of an issue so long as you understand the race sheet, though. ^^

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Sure thing! ^^ If you plan on creating a new race (with your character being a member of that race), I'd prefer for you to post your race sheet first to take a look at. (As a general rule, I don't look at character sheets until the race sheet that they go with is accepted.)

If you're making a character for a race that's already accepted, just remember that it has to be approved by the ambassador of that race as well as a GM. Shouldn't be too much of an issue so long as you understand the race sheet, though. ^^
Whoo~!
I'll get started with a race, then ^^

of course, if nothing comes to me/it proves to be too difficult for my clusterfuck self, I'll look through the existing races and try that~ ^^

To be fair though, I have no right to complain, I take forever making my characters too. Except Luna, for some reason I was pretty speedy writing that out...

I'm almost done I swear! I've been working on it with Eruantien! I'm just looking for a picture now

Reactions: Luma
I'm almost done I swear! I've been working on it with Eruantien! I'm just looking for a picture now
Well... you don't really need a picture. o.o Verbal descriptions work fine.

Well... you don't really need a picture. o.o Verbal descriptions work fine.
Or in my case, a purely verbal description followed by me ninja-editing in my own poorly-drawn portrait.

By the way, were you planning on making a race yourself Kaga? I promise I won't judge if you wanna bring in that old race you mentioned earlier.

i'm working on it XD
i did just start school though, so i'm a tad bit slow on everything.

Or in my case, a purely verbal description followed by me ninja-editing in my own poorly-drawn portrait.

By the way, were you planning on making a race yourself Kaga? I promise I won't judge if you wanna bring in that old race you mentioned earlier.
I've had a few ideas for races floating around, but none that I felt really strongly about...

Silvers would be tempting to bring back... though still very hypocritical of me. >:/

HOWEVER, aside from all that, honestly another big thing preventing me from working on race/character sheets is just the lack of time... And if I don't even have a ton of inspiration, then I definitely don't want to force myself to come up with a character that I won't have the time or desire to post for. @_@

Soooo there's a good chance that when the IC starts, I won't actually have a character. At least not initially. Ideally, I can add one once inspiration does strike (whether that means coming up with a race, myself -- or being really inspired by someone else's race), and once I feel like I actually have a good opportunity to fully enter the RP. XD

I'll still probably play some NPC's and stuff whenever the need arises, since NPC's generally require a lot less commitment -- but, yeah, I don't exactly have any race or character sheets in the works, and I probably won't for a while, if that's what you're asking.

i'm working on it XD
i did just start school though, so i'm a tad bit slow on everything.
Don't worry, there's no rush. New character sheets just excite me xD

HOWEVER, aside from all that, honestly another big thing preventing me from working on race/character sheets is just the lack of time... And if I don't even have a ton of inspiration, then I definitely don't want to force myself to come up with a character that I won't have the time or desire to post for. @_@

Soooo there's a good chance that when the IC starts, I won't actually have a character. At least not initially. Ideally, I can add one once inspiration does strike (whether that means coming up with a race, myself -- or being really inspired by someone else's race), and once I feel like I actually have a good opportunity to fully enter the RP. XD

I'll still probably play some NPC's and stuff whenever the need arises, since NPC's generally require a lot less commitment -- but, yeah, I don't exactly have any race or character sheets in the works, and I probably won't for a while, if that's what you're asking.
Makes sense. I had several ideas myself, but most of them either overlapped with what other people had already made, or just didn't feel right. I'm pretty happy with the way the Vori turned out though; I don't think there's anything quite like them in this RP so far.

I did have another race or two in mind for later, but I like to start with one and get a good feel for what role seems lacking.

I did have another race or two in mind for later, but I like to start with one and get a good feel for what role seems lacking.

Yes, start with one, see how things flow... then see if you have something else that fits. Or could just lead to good story material. If I bring in a second race/character, that's how I'll go.

Status
Not open for further replies.