Status
Not open for further replies.
One question is it okay for my chara to go undergo the Change while in Omnibus?
As far as I've seen, Kaga likes the opportunity to review major changes before they occur. Your character can definitely undergo their Change in school. However, I'd recommend that, when the times comes, you discuss what the Change will do OOC (or with the GMs in private if you like your secrets) before it begins.

Alternatively, you could mention what the Change will do ahead of time.

As far as I've seen, Kaga likes the opportunity to review major changes before they occur. Your character can definitely undergo their Change in school. However, I'd recommend that, when the times comes, you discuss what the Change will do OOC (or with the GMs in private if you like your secrets) before it begins.
Was planning to put into spoilers in the CS. Also I was thinking of only a simple appearance change no "major" changes to the character.

Then comes the Change, a unique phase, usually lasting 2-5 weeks, in which a I'Llinay body is remade to a certain, varied, extend. In their ancestors this served to allow them to adapt to any potential new circumstances in their environment, but now a days is primary a mark that one came of age. In order to prepare for this the I'Llinay will be compelled to eat a lot and gain fat and nutrients needed for the process in a two month period before the Change. The Change begins with a light fever and sleepiness which will over a week turn into a mild fever and incredible need to sleep until the I'Llinay finally falls asleep. Tradition is that no one disturbs the I'Llinay during this time, usually by having a private room ready as soon as the first signs appear. The Change will depend upon each I'Llinay, it might be anything from: acquiring animal traits, joining with I'Aakui, changing one's gender, gaining some unique trait, physical or magical and so on. Usually it will be a single change or a few minor changes, trough exceptions are possible.

Would your character be able to interact with others while she's Changing? I mean, considering they need privacy for the Change, I'm not sure how interacting with others will work.

Would your character be able to interact with others while she's Changing? I mean, considering they need privacy for the Change, I'm not sure how interacting with others will work.
Well kinda... during the Change there are regular period when one wakes up so the mind doesn't loose touch with reality. Usually family would be in charge of finding out when this period is, how long it lasts as well as being there to help by providing information like which day it is, what happened and so on. In this case this duty would probably fall to a friend or in lack of one a room mate/teacher/staff member.

Was planning to put into spoilers in the CS. Also I was thinking of only a simple appearance change no "major" changes to the character.
This is fine. I mean, we'll obviously review it as part of the CS, but I highly doubt it'll be a problem.

Even if privacy is required, it makes a good opportunity for some of the more invasive characters coughDeencough to invade said privacy and make hilarity. In fact, I'm pretty sure Deen, Vivi and Luna are all curious to the point of potentially invading privacy by going "stealth mode."

Reactions: Raven Haruka
Well kinda... during the Change there are regular period when one wakes up so the mind doesn't loose touch with reality. Usually family would be in charge of finding out when this period is, how long it lasts as well as being there to help by providing information like which day it is, what happened and so on. In this case this duty would probably fall to a friend or in lack of one a room mate/teacher/staff member.
Ah, gotcha.

Naia Matei

Despite her fate
Believed in her power
Held onto her life
Even as death grew closer

Now steps on a new adventure...

lu2iMSn.jpg

122 cm tall (~4 feet)

silTXDH.png

155 cm tall (~5 feet)

Race: I'Llinay

Age (apparent): ~12
15/16
Age (actual): 16

Bio:
Born in the Republic of O'Ddelin to Inero Matei, a medium-scale book trader, and Rani Kaden, his wife as the second child. For the first five years Naia had the same life as any other child of her age - she played, had fun and learned how to speak surprisingly fast, the first sign of the direction of the rest of her life. It was during a routine exam that she was diagnosed with the O'Hharyu Syndrome, a rare and usually deadly magical syndrome which usually killed one well before the Change. At first Naia was wondering her parents were crying after hearing the news, but after the doctor explained her she was struck with fear. Yet something else was also present in the young girl, bravery to face this head on and try to defeat the syndrome that no one defeated until now.
So the young girl studied, while using a magical device that constantly pumped magical power out of her to prolonged her life even by little. To use every minute of each day she slept shorty, often taking only three hours of rest each day, which permanently affected her growth, making her even shorter then other I'Llinay of her age. But it was worth is as it allowed her to learn all that she could under the guidance of Zeryo Nisum, who was imminently interested in this intelligent girl of unbreakable spirit, to whom she was introduced thanks to some connections that her father head in the book trade. Thanks to his guidance Naia's genius was unlocked and at the age of eight she was on pair with the top researches that looked into how magic and living beings functioned together. During the next two years Naia, under Zeryo's supervision managed to achieve the unimaginable and come up with a method, albeit a slightly less then practical one, to live with the O'Hharyu Syndrome. The method was to train mentally in order to get the ability to direct the excess magical energy into body hair and there turn it into magical crystals without much damage to the affected person. After even a tiny crystal is formed a magical ritual is conducted to send all excess magical energy there (trough more then one crystal is preferred to have reserve "vents"). Crystals that form on this point are regularly collected and the person can do whatever he/she wants with them.
Thanks to this achievement Naia's name became famous in the academic circles. The next few years she expanded her knowledge while improving or correcting several magic-related matters. One of the most notable examples of her work is the simplification of magical writing used for large-scale rituals and similar magical processes. But it was two years ago that she was asked to take on the greatest tasks of all - work on magical portals, something that no one managed to create and keep stable yet. For the project Naia learned all she could about portals and quickly got to work. Knowing she needed a massive power source as well as a complex magical process written down she designed a massive structure of magical crystals that was both a magical power source and an excellent medium for magical processes. Despite the cost her home country founded the efforts, wanting to have a working portal which would have many possible uses. And not only did Naia's machine work she believed it could more, but the top brass didn't want to give in, until she managed to get one of the country's wealthiest merchants on her side. With this Naia started her experiments which in the end resulted in the establishment of a portal to Earth.
By then Naia was immensely popular amongst the populace as some of her research managed to improve the life of many. The academics used her image to gain founds for themselves and were starting to gain to much power in politics, something that wasn't warmly received by the government primary made out of the representatives of craftsman, merchants and landowners. So in hope of lessening her influence on the public, by being out of sight, she was sent to Omnibus.

Personality:
Naia is mostly calm and serious in front of others, opening only when she is working on her research or when with friends, when she is a cheerful chatterbox that just lets a flood of sentences out of her mouth, including her thoughts, even if those are not related to the topic at hand. Loves taking looooooong baths, doing research, playing K'Ttasi (a chess-like game) and petting A'Rrie (her per, a N'Aati, a rabbit-like predators which behave similar to cats). Dislikes physical exercise (but still does it regularly), very spicy/sweet/salty food/drinks (basically any food/drink with a particularly strong taste), loud noise and those that are to prideful of themselves.

Abilities:
Medium Level Water Magic
Water Magic is the ability to create and control water at will. At medium level it is powerful enough to summon and control enough water to fill half of a Olympic pool.
Medium Level Wind Magic
Wind Magic is the ability to create and control wind at will. At medium level it can crate gusts with speeds up to 175 km/h.
High Level Internal Magic Manipulation
The ability to manipulate one's internal magic flows. Except for being the key in controlling the O'Hharyu Syndrome it also can be used to improve one's own body by diverting and precisely controlling magic flow into specific areas of the body or even the whole body, if one has enough magical energy to do this. The higher the level the more efficient and effective the boost is.
Low Level External Magic Manipulation
The ability to sense and manipulate the flows of magic outside one's body. Low level only allows one sense magic flows and to manipulate magic flows originating from one's own body.
High Level Portal Magic
Allows the creation of manipulation of portals. At high level one can create a single human sized-portal with a range of up to 5 km (or a smaller one with a longer range). Applications are up to the imagination of the caster.

Skills:
Magic Research:

Specialization: Internal Magic Manipulation and Magical Portals
Other: Magic Writing Systems, Magic Engineering, Magic Analysis, Alchemy, Magic Flow Study, Magic Processes

Other:
Researching in general. Studying. Fencing.

Inventory:
Fencing Sword - A ordinary fencing sword forged from quality steel.
Two Pairs of Multi-purpose Magical Gloves - Used for pretty much anything from enchanting, over being a replacement for a staff to editing magical writing.
Magically Enhanced Bag (MEG) - A bag with a enchantment that makes it bigger on the inside.
Universal Magical Glasses - Have multiple magical scanning modes allowing to for example reveal some things hidden by magic or to find sources of magical energy.
Portable Magic Toolkit - Contains all basic necessaries for Magical Engineering
Portable Magical Laboratory - Contains basics for Alchemy and sever other magic disciplines.
Four Magical Communicators - Basically magic Walkie-talkies.
Five Magic Torches - Rechargeable magical flash light/lighters.
Several Sets of Clothing & Underwear

First Aid Kit
Four notebooks

A set of writing implements
An abacus

Letters from her family
Her wallet in which there are identification documents and some pocket change
I think that is it. Might have forgotten to put something, somewhere, but I guess that is okay.

Last edited:
Naia Matei

Despite her fate
Believed in her power
Held onto her life
Even as death grew closer

Now steps on a new adventure...

lu2iMSn.jpg

122 cm tall (~4 feet)

silTXDH.png

155 cm tall (~5 feet)

Race: I'Llinay

Age (apparent): ~12
15/16
Age (actual): 16

Bio:
Born in the Republic of O'Ddelin to Inero Matei, a medium-scale book trader, and Rani Kaden, his wife as the second child. For the first five years Naia had the same life as any other child of her age - she played, had fun and learned how to speak surprisingly fast, the first sign of the direction of the rest of her life. It was during a routine exam that she was diagnosed with the O'Hharyu Syndrome, a rare and usually deadly magical syndrome which usually killed one well before the Change. At first Naia was wondering her parents were crying after hearing the news, but after the doctor explained her she was struck with fear. Yet something else was also present in the young girl, bravery to face this head on and try to defeat the syndrome that no one defeated until now.
So the young girl studied, while using a magical device that constantly pumped magical power out of her to prolonged her life even by little. To use every minute of each day she slept shorty, often taking only three hours of rest each day, which permanently affected her growth, making her even shorter then other I'Llinay of her age. But it was worth is as it allowed her to learn all that she could under the guidance of Zeryo Nisum, who was imminently interested in this intelligent girl of unbreakable spirit, to whom she was introduced thanks to some connections that her father head in the book trade. Thanks to his guidance Naia's genius was unlocked and at the age of eight she was on pair with the top researches that looked into how magic and living beings functioned together. During the next two years Naia, under Zeryo's supervision managed to achieve the unimaginable and come up with a method, albeit a slightly less then practical one, to live with the O'Hharyu Syndrome. The method was to train mentally in order to get the ability to direct the excess magical energy into body hair and there turn it into magical crystals without much damage to the affected person. After even a tiny crystal is formed a magical ritual is conducted to send all excess magical energy there (trough more then one crystal is preferred to have reserve "vents"). Crystals that form on this point are regularly collected and the person can do whatever he/she wants with them.
Thanks to this achievement Naia's name became famous in the academic circles. The next few years she expanded her knowledge while improving or correcting several magic-related matters. One of the most notable examples of her work is the simplification of magical writing used for large-scale rituals and similar magical processes. But it was two years ago that she was asked to take on the greatest tasks of all - work on magical portals, something that no one managed to create and keep stable yet. For the project Naia learned all she could about portals and quickly got to work. Knowing she needed a massive power source as well as a complex magical process written down she designed a massive structure of magical crystals that was both a magical power source and an excellent medium for magical processes. Despite the cost her home country founded the efforts, wanting to have a working portal which would have many possible uses. And not only did Naia's machine work she believed it could more, but the top brass didn't want to give in, until she managed to get one of the country's wealthiest merchants on her side. With this Naia started her experiments which in the end resulted in the establishment of a portal to Earth.
By then Naia was immensely popular amongst the populace as some of her research managed to improve the life of many. The academics used her image to gain founds for themselves and were starting to gain to much power in politics, something that wasn't warmly received by the government primary made out of the representatives of craftsman, merchants and landowners. So in hope of lessening her influence on the public, by being out of sight, she was sent to Omnibus.

Personality:
Naia is mostly calm and serious in front of others, opening only when she is working on her research or when with friends, when she is a cheerful chatterbox that just lets a flood of sentences out of her mouth, including her thoughts, even if those are not related to the topic at hand. Loves taking looooooong baths, doing research, playing K'Ttasi (a chess-like game) and petting A'Rrie (her per, a N'Aati, a rabbit-like predators which behave similar to cats). Dislikes physical exercise (but still does it regularly), very spicy/sweet/salty food/drinks (basically any food/drink with a particularly strong taste), loud noise and those that are to prideful of themselves.

Abilities:
Medium Level Water Magic
Water Magic is the ability to create and control water at will. At medium level it is powerful enough to summon and control enough water to fill half of a Olympic pool.
Medium Level Wind Magic
Wind Magic is the ability to create and control wind at will. At medium level it can crate gusts with speeds up to 175 km/h.
High Level Internal Magic Manipulation
The ability to manipulate one's internal magic flows. Except for being the key in controlling the O'Hharyu Syndrome it also can be used to improve one's own body by diverting and precisely controlling magic flow into specific areas of the body or even the whole body, if one has enough magical energy to do this. The higher the level the more efficient and effective the boost is.
Low Level External Magic Manipulation
The ability to sense and manipulate the flows of magic outside one's body. Low level only allows one sense magic flows and to manipulate magic flows originating from one's own body.
High Level Portal Magic
Allows the creation of manipulation of portals. At high level one can create a single human sized-portal with a range of up to 5 km (or a smaller one with a longer range). Applications are up to the imagination of the caster.

Skills:
Magic Research:

Specialization: Internal Magic Manipulation and Magical Portals
Other: Magic Writing Systems, Magic Engineering, Magic Analysis, Alchemy, Magic Flow Study, Magic Processes

Other:
Researching in general. Studying. Fencing.

Inventory:
Fencing Sword - A ordinary fencing sword forged from quality steel.
Two Pairs of Multi-purpose Magical Gloves - Used for pretty much anything from enchanting, over being a replacement for a staff to editing magical writing.
Magically Enhanced Bag (MEG) - A bag with a enchantment that makes it bigger on the inside.
Universal Magical Glasses - Have multiple magical scanning modes allowing to for example reveal some things hidden by magic or to find sources of magical energy.
Portable Magic Toolkit - Contains all basic necessaries for Magical Engineering
Portable Magical Laboratory - Contains basics for Alchemy and sever other magic disciplines.
Four Magical Communicators - Basically magic Walkie-talkies.
Five Magic Torches - Rechargeable magical flash light/lighters.
Several Sets of Clothing & Underwear

First Aid Kit
Four notebooks

A set of writing implements
An abacus

Letters from her family
Her wallet in which there are identification documents and some pocket change
I think that is it. Might have forgotten to put something, somewhere, but I guess that is okay.
Looks good to me. I might be overlooking something since it's pretty long, so Kaga or Clownpiece might ask for a tweak later, but I can't see anything wrong myself. Naia will be alone in room #502 until someone else rolls 502.

On a slightly related note, I just figured out that you get notifications when bookmarked posts are edited. Very helpful.

• Useful
Reactions: Kagayours
I bet room 513 is haunted. Just because it ends in 13.
Well there is Neptune next door, who can phase through walls like a ghost.

A part of me was kinda hoping to roll 512 and match up the two scientists of the cast, but it was not to be.

Well there is Neptune next door, who can phase through walls like a ghost.

A part of me was kinda hoping to roll 512 and match up the two scientists of the cast, but it was not to be.
boooooo i'm so scary

... ACTUALLY Neptune should be very sweet and accommodating and totally not phasing through walls to be nosy.

Also, drawing from inspirations before me, I've added a sort of 'Inventory' heading to Neptune's CS. Everything /should/ still be within acceptable standards I hope, but let me know if anything should be clarified or altered in any way.
OPEN SIGNUPS - Omnibus Academy

Reactions: Luma
@Luma - I did a minor update to my first CS. Just added a separate personality and inventory section. I doubt that anything added is troublesome.

Reactions: Luma
Even if privacy is required, it makes a good opportunity for some of the more invasive characters coughDeencough to invade said privacy and make hilarity. In fact, I'm pretty sure Deen, Vivi and Luna are all curious to the point of potentially invading privacy by going "stealth mode."

Oh, indeed yes... :worms:

I bet room 513 is haunted. Just because it ends in 13.

Heh, missed this... I'd bet the room is "haunted" because Deen is in Room 514, right next door. He just might be sniffing about in it. :bsmile:

Last edited:
@Luma @Clownpiece @chaosheart13 @gamer5 @RecentlyInsaneRussian @Raven Haruka @EddiEddi @Roose Hurro @Eruantien @DANAsaur @Yorika @daird @AnimeLover_Princess

Given all the confusion about it, I added some stuff to the OP about how race sheets should be written in a way that allows for other players to make characters for that race. I also added something to the FAQ about unnecessary gatekeeping, since I realized I've been throwing that term around a lot without ever properly defining or explaining it. ^^"

Also, yes, I'm currently being paid to sit in a quiet room mostly by myself for several hours and do virtually anything I want. This is good. XD I can't guarantee that every shift will be like this, though. I mean, it makes sense that a closing shift on the first week of school would be pretty quiet — it's not like very many students will be staying late to finish any essays — but shifts earlier in the day or later in the school year might not leave me with quite as much downtime.

Still, for now, I'm pretty happy about this. XD

Week 1 has been kind of hectic in some ways, but, like I said, once I get into the groove of the school year, I'll see about getting that IC started. Thankfully it looks like I won't have to worry about my job taking too much time away from me, at least for now. :P

Welp, I feel relieved once I found out what unnecessary gatekeeping meant. I don't think I'm doing that so it should all be good :D

@Luma @Clownpiece @chaosheart13 @gamer5 @RecentlyInsaneRussian @Raven Haruka @EddiEddi @Roose Hurro @Eruantien @DANAsaur @Yorika @daird @AnimeLover_Princess

Given all the confusion about it, I added some stuff to the OP about how race sheets should be written in a way that allows for other players to make characters for that race. I also added something to the FAQ about unnecessary gatekeeping, since I realized I've been throwing that term around a lot without ever properly defining or explaining it. ^^"

Also, yes, I'm currently being paid to sit in a quiet room mostly by myself for several hours and do virtually anything I want. This is good. XD I can't guarantee that every shift will be like this, though. I mean, it makes sense that a closing shift on the first week of school would be pretty quiet — it's not like very many students will be staying late to finish any essays — but shifts earlier in the day or later in the school year might not leave me with quite as much downtime.

Week 1 has been kind of hectic in some ways, but, like I said, once I get into the groove of the school year, I'll see about getting that IC started. Thankfully it looks like I won't have to worry about my job taking too much time away from me, at least for now. :P
I wasn't pinged. D:
XenForo seems to maybe sometimes have problems if you have more than 5 @mentions in a single post. Not sure if this is the case with Iwaku... but everybody that you've pinged should hopefully still be receiving alerts from this thread since the weekend's update.

Anyway, the extra clarification is a good thing. I do know at least one other person is making a character using my Nul race, and we've got a good plan for how exactly that's going to work. xP

Is this your first year of college, by the way?

Is this your first year of college, by the way?
No. I'm a junior. o3o This is just my first year being in college with a job. XD Plus, it's kind of hard to guess ahead of time just how busy I'll be in a given semester. Sort of depends on how bad my workload is for all my classes, plus how well my schedule works out with what times of day I can be productive.

Got pinged - answered like a bana- I mean... like a MAN! (NGAHHHHH! *Spear of Justice intensifies*)
Anyways, you are lucky! When I would just settle up with my computer on all my past day jobs, someone would call me, wanting me to hold something/put something/answer someone/etc.

No. I'm a junior. o3o This is just my first year being in college with a job. XD Plus, it's kind of hard to guess ahead of time just how busy I'll be in a given semester. Sort of depends on how bad my workload is for all my classes, plus how well my schedule works out with what times of day I can be productive.
Mm, sophomore checking in. So not quite as terrible a workload, but I'm beginning to feel the pain of a new semester. xD
But yes, I can definitely relate to that sort of thing. And may I say I envy your job...
Got pinged - answered like a bana- I mean... like a MAN! (NGAHHHHH! *Spear of Justice intensifies*)
See, you were the fifth person pinged... I wonder if @Raven Haruka got an alert from Kaga's post?

Status
Not open for further replies.