Status
Not open for further replies.
Because you are the one creating the boundaries. Which brings up the whole aspect: Yeah, playing Powerful Characters can be fun, but it's even more fun to play "normal" characters... to create races/species of less "godly" ability.

Need I post this?:

Yes, I certainly must!
Ah Star Trek, how I miss you. Supposedly there's a new series coming out at some point soon-ish...

I feel like there's a pretty good balance of the characters we have so far. None of them really stand out to me as an "I-can-do-everything" sort of character and the diverse cast has all sorts of different powers that're mostly unique to them. I really like it that way.

I feel like there's a pretty good balance of the characters we have so far. None of them really stand out to me as an "I-can-do-everything" sort of character and the diverse cast has all sorts of different powers that're mostly unique to them. I really like it that way.
It took me a second to realize you were talking about Omnibus here and not Star Trek.

To be fair I don't really watch Star Trek so I have no idea how well that statement would apply to the series.

Reactions: Luma
Huh, now I'm wondering how fast aging species fare in school settings, considering they would be much, much older than the normal people by the time the school year is finished.

Huh, now I'm wondering how fast aging species fare in school settings, considering they would be much, much older than the normal people by the time the school year is finished.
Coming soon, the Omnibus Nursing Home™, where our team of highly trained professionals deliver only the best in elderly supernatural being abuse and beatings care and attention! Give us money.

Question, will there be such a thing as NPC races? Like, say the students go to a different realm that has other races existing besides the ones submitted. Would they be able to have some form of interaction, even if the race hasn't been submitted?

Gah, can't word right, sorry.

You worded just fine.

Didn't confuse me. You asked two very clear questions about NPC use. Can we use NPCs? And... Do they need race sheets?

Hmmm... fewer words, yes, but still the same content. Works either way.

Question, will there be such a thing as NPC races? Like, say the students go to a different realm that has other races existing besides the ones submitted. Would they be able to have some form of interaction, even if the race hasn't been submitted?

Gah, can't word right, sorry.
I think the questions I would like to ask are:
  1. Why would anyone be popping off to another realm, away from where the RP is taking place?
  2. Why do you feel you'll be interacting with so many NPC's, instead of player characters?
At any rate -- I'd first like to clarify that other races do technically exist in Omnibus even if we don't have race sheets for them. It's safe to assume that the school does not solely consist of the 15-or-so races that have ambassadors. So, you wouldn't need to go to another realm to encounter "unlisted" races. In fact, it makes a lot more sense to run into NPC races in Omnibus than in other realms, since most of the realms that we have don't seem to even have any other noteworthy races besides the ones they were made for...

That being said, I'd still prefer we avoid naming any unlisted races. Like, if you need to interact with an NPC, I'd prefer that you didn't outright state that your character bumped into, say, a manticore, because then we'll have a definitive NPC manticore who may-or-may-not match what a "canon" manticore should be like when/if we have an ambassador for one. But, since Omnibus is undoubtedly home to all sorts of weird creatures, I'd be fine with you saying that your character bumped into a gloopy globby creature with seventeen arms and long fuzzy claws, so long as you don't actually try to assign that gloopy globby creature to any particular race. I imagine that any NPC interactions will basically work like this. All you have to do is describe your teacher as being a short, thin humanoid with large mouse ears and a long skinny tail with three feathers on the end -- and no one will have to ask any questions about what race she's supposed to be, much less make a race sheet for her. ...And trying to hash out all the rules for such a creature really aren't important since you're probably only going to need her for like two or three posts.

However, I really don't think you guys will be interacting with very many NPC's anyway, other than school faculty, and perhaps a few brief mentions of student passersby in the halls. The vast majority of interaction will be between players -- and I really wouldn't want anyone to interact with an NPC for too long, as that's a pretty good way to strangle the activity flow. >.>

Also, I have a feeling I'll be handling most of the faculty NPC's (and perhaps even some of the students). That's not to say that you guys aren't allowed to make NPC's -- just that I really don't see why you would need an NPC a lot of the time, and for the times when you do need one, it would often make more sense for that to be handled by me (or perhaps another GM).

I think the questions I would like to ask are:
  1. Why would anyone be popping off to another realm, away from where the RP is taking place?
  2. Why do you feel you'll be interacting with so many NPC's, instead of player characters?
At any rate -- I'd first like to clarify that other races do technically exist in Omnibus even if we don't have race sheets for them. It's safe to assume that the school does not solely consist of the 15-or-so races that have ambassadors. So, you wouldn't need to go to another realm to encounter "unlisted" races. In fact, it makes a lot more sense to run into NPC races in Omnibus than in other realms, since most of the realms that we have don't seem to even have any other noteworthy races besides the ones they were made for...

That being said, I'd still prefer we avoid naming any unlisted races. Like, if you need to interact with an NPC, I'd prefer that you didn't outright state that your character bumped into, say, a manticore, because then we'll have a definitive NPC manticore who may-or-may-not match what a "canon" manticore should be like when/if we have an ambassador for one. But, since Omnibus is undoubtedly home to all sorts of weird creatures, I'd be fine with you saying that your character bumped into a gloopy globby creature with seventeen arms and long fuzzy claws, so long as you don't actually try to assign that gloopy globby creature to any particular race. I imagine that any NPC interactions will basically work like this. All you have to do is describe your teacher as being a short, thin humanoid with large mouse ears and a long skinny tail with three feathers on the end -- and no one will have to ask any questions about what race she's supposed to be, much less make a race sheet for her. ...And trying to hash out all the rules for such a creature really aren't important since you're probably only going to need her for like two or three posts.

However, I really don't think you guys will be interacting with very many NPC's anyway, other than school faculty, and perhaps a few brief mentions of student passersby in the halls. The vast majority of interaction will be between players -- and I really wouldn't want anyone to interact with an NPC for too long, as that's a pretty good way to strangle the activity flow. >.>

Also, I have a feeling I'll be handling most of the faculty NPC's (and perhaps even some of the students). That's not to say that you guys aren't allowed to make NPC's -- just that I really don't see why you would need an NPC a lot of the time, and for the times when you do need one, it would often make more sense for that to be handled by me (or perhaps another GM).
Makes sense. Just wanted to ask, thank you for the clarification!

Reactions: Kagayours
I'Llinay

Realm Name:
E'Llinay

Realm Scope:
Planet of I'Yyutea
I'Llinay Nations

Realm Details:
The realm of E'Llinay is located on an Earth-like world, named I'Yyutea, that is slightly bigger and denser then Earth, giving it a gravity that is roughly one quarter (~1.25 times) stronger then Earth's. I'Yyutea's has a single moon, I'Kkadil which takes some 36 days to fully revolve around I'Yyutea. One revolution of I'Kkadil marks a I'Yyutea month. I'Yyutea takes around 30 hours to rotate around itself and needs twelve revolutions of I'Kkadil to make a complete revolution around it's star I'Jjari, giving it a year of 540 Earth days or a bit less then 1 and half Earth years.
The most special part of I'Yyutea is something that originated far from it. Millions of years ago the young I'Jjari and it's planetary system were visited by a space-faring civilization of great power that collapsed long ago. The civilization built a vast system in the system of I'Jjari to conduct a delicate magical and biological experiment on the lush world of I'Yyutea. The system was primary concentrated on the star itself where massive arrays made out of millions of solar panels collect power and used complex magical technology to convert it into massive amounts of magical energy which they redirect into constants magic flows which meet deep inside I'Kkadil where special magical devices spread it onto and into I'Yyutea. To allow the system to operate automatically an myriad of golems maintains and runs the system using resources produced from dust and rock in massive magical furnaces hidden on I'Kkadil.
Being bombarded with massive amounts of magic for millions of years left a deep trace on I'Yyutea - everything on the planet is filled with magic and from time to time massive magical crystals break trough the surface of the planet. Both the flora and fauna has integrated magic in it's tools for survival, making the planet a dangerous place to live.

Name singular:
I'Llinay

Name plural:
I'Llinay

Powers/Abilities:
Natural Mages - Almost all I'Llinay are mages, with only one person in 5 million not being a mage.

Lifespan:
Usually up to 100 years
Can be extended by magic and the Change

Physical description:
Humanoid in their basic forms the I'Llinay go through several different phases of life. Childhood usually lasts 15-17 years in which the I'Llinay will grow to some 4 and half feet of height.
Then comes the Change, a unique phase, usually lasting 2-5 weeks, in which a I'Llinay body is remade to a certain, varied, extend. In their ancestors this served to allow them to adapt to any potential new circumstances in their environment, but now a days is primary a mark that one came of age. In order to prepare for this the I'Llinay will be compelled to eat a lot and gain fat and nutrients needed for the process in a two month period before the Change. The Change begins with a light fever and sleepiness which will over a week turn into a mild fever and incredible need to sleep until the I'Llinay finally falls asleep. This sleep will be broken for a short time in regular intervals to allow the I'Llinay to stay in touch with reality. Tradition is that no one disturbs the I'Llinay during this time, usually by having a private room ready as soon as the first signs appear. The only exception is a single person that is chosen by the one undergoing the change beforehand. This person is to be a support when the one undergoing the change wakes up, providing information about time, date and events, or just being a moral support. The Change will depend upon each I'Llinay, it might be anything from: acquiring animal traits, joining with I'Aakui, changing one's gender, gaining some unique trait, physical or magical and so on. Usually it will be a single change or a few minor changes, trough exceptions are possible.

Note: I'Aakiui are similar to elemental spirits, joining with one grants one a strong affinity with one of the elements of magic. A tattoo-like pattern appears on a part or the whole body of one that joined a I'Aakui. This pattern can be used to "create" the element of the joined I'Aakui - for example a fire one will create fire, a plant one plants, a wind one wind and so on.
After the Change, Adulthood follows in which a I'Llinay is considered a full member of society with all the privileges and obligations that brings. After Adulthood, the last 15-20 years of life is the phase of Ending, which starts when one loses the ability to produce offspring. Most I'Llinay will turn to spiritualism and preparations to depart into the afterlife while taking care that leave nothing unfinished behind themselves. Adult I'Llinay are usually at least a feet taller then before the Change (usually more).
I'Llinay usually have hair ranging in the scope of orange-red-purple-blue-light blue, while their eyes can take any color with purple-blue-green being the most common scope. Most I'Llinay have fair to pale skin.

History:
The I'Llinay arose from tribes that lived on the plains of an small region on the souther hemisphere of I'Yyutea, on a continent that is now almost completely covered by their countries. Due to the terrain being plains and the tribes mastering agriculture the region was safer then most to live. As the knowledge of agriculture spread other regions near the first one gave birth to towns and cities. It was some eight thousand years ago that this first town and cities formed the first organized states and created a writing system for the sake of record keeping. This was the Era of Dawn. In this periods states were a mess of constant wars and conquests in which the passing of a ruler would usually mean an end of a short-lived empire. Many people formed groups of daring pioneers and set out into uncharted lands, hoping to find a place to settle down far enough from the bickering of the E'Kkadei - "First States", thus forming the cores of the E'Llinad-"Second States".
Amongst this pioneers one group came up to A'Ttades - Mount Tades, a massive mountain littered with numerous magical crystals. The city that was founded on one of the slopes and the foot of the mountain was I'Jjazu - the birthplace of magic, because even if I'Llinay had magic before I'Jjazu it was rarely studied or thought. It was in I'Jjazu that magic became an object of study and teaching thanks to the Archsage Aisi Numei, which founded the first magic academy. The idea of magic academies spread through the E'Llinay - Nations of Linay. This was the start of five millennia of war, bloodshed and magic that became known as the Era of War. Nations fought for supremacy with each other leading to another wave of people searching for peace outside the known lands. The E'Yyadi-"Third States" came into being, but it will take the will of one I'Llinay, backed up by the second Archsage in history Zeji Dimia to end the wars once and for all. The man was Itis Huroy, the first Emperor of E'Llinay. With diplomacy, warfare and even underhanded methods Itis Huroy managed to gain direct control or strong influence over 3/4 of all nations that made up E'Llinay, with his son Tadu Huroy finishing the job. Thus begun the thousand years of the Era of Empire.
During this Era E'Llinay reached a level of peace and prosperity that was never seen before. The Empire's massive but efficient bureaucracy allowed an unified and perfected education system, well-built and maintained road infrastructure, social help for the maimed, sick, orphans and so on. Thanks to this research, both on magic and technology could advance further with inventions like crossbows, silent casting, watermills and windmills, banking institutions, magical engineering and so on. It appeared that the Empire will last for ever, but a crisis struck the great state as it neared nineteen hundred years of existence. It was the lack of a heir and this would plunge the Empire into a bloody civil war as each of the branch families wanted to take the throne.
The war finally ended only half a century after it started, when the last of the claimants on the throne gave up and settled with becoming the king of what land his family held at that time. Thus the Empire was no more, now divided in a mix of kingdoms, duchies and republics. But no one wanted more war and instead peace and prosperity were on the minds of the rulers after the end of the Inheritance War, how the war for the title of Emperor became know as.
The most important consequence of the War was that several democratic and liberal republics of various sizes came into existence as well as liberal-inclined monarchies. In those countries, especially in the republics money and knowledge flow more freely turning them into the centres of trade and research. In order to break from the old traditions Universities replace Magic Academies. This universities become places where those studying magic and science meet, discuss and cooperate and lead the world to new heights thanks to discoveries like the compass, the telescope, the magic lenses, black powder and so on. So some people start to call this period "Era of Discovery".
Then several prominent scientists and magilogists appear in this era, culminating in two that now lead the world of science and magic. The first is Zeryo Nisum, a scientist ahead of his time whose inventions kept stunning the world for the last 40 years. From the microscope to the basic laws of how planetary bodies interact Nisum is the man which is still rewriting the laws of science. The leader of the magic advancement, is Nisum's first and only pupil, Naia Matei. First to fight her own condition and cure herself Matei revolutionized the understanding how living things and magic work together, gaining a spot in the academic world. After that Matei lead to several other inventions, which are all included in the book "Principles of Magic". But her greatest contribution was the one that she achieved as the head of a team made out of various experts. Using the world largest structure created with magic crystals which has more then a million inscribed words, a year ago Matei managed to prove that one can use magic to connect two places. After perfecting and examining this for two more months Matei started to experiment with how the distance and place of connection influence the magic. After two months of doing so Matei brought a proposal that would change this world. Matei wanted to tap into the vast magic that was observed coming from I'Kkadil to use as an "booster" to try to connect with the furthest possible location. Although she was rejected five times on the sixth Matei was finally granted permission to try the experiment.
Finally three months ago all was set and Matei and the team started up the spells and channelled magic. The first phase went well and a stable feed with I'Kkadil was established. But what happened next was out of all expectations. Suddenly the amount of magic flowing into the structure increased dramatically, Matei tried connecting to somewhere but all she got was nothing. Then with a massive eruption of light a portal opened and stabilized. Not one to risk others for the sake of her experiments Matei crossed trough and found herself on a different world, a habitable moon of a gas giant. Soon an already-ready team of experts joined her and studied the nature of the place.
After returning Matei started a careful inspection of the device and learned that the source of portal is not the complex they built but rather something far from the planet of I'Yyutea. Unknown to her, that something was a system that the ancient civilization left, hidden in one of the barren planets, for any sapient race that might appear on I'Yyutea. The device produced portals connecting two places to each other. Matei was disappointed that she was not able to create such a portal on her own and spent the next month and half thinking heavily about the portal, how it worked and how to make it work. Finally in a moment of inspiration Matei decided to try doing something with the portal.
The device was shut down, magic processes rewritten and then then it was turned back on. After connecting to the moon once again the portal-making process begun. First the portal flickered in and out of existence and Matei had to do some last moment adjustments, but then it stabilized. This time it was not the ancient device that decided the destination because Matei used her device's portal-generating ability to overwrote key attributes of the ancient-created portal, and thus connected to another world, outside those the ancient civilization explored and many billions of light years away. This world was Earth and that is how a month ago the I'Llinay came into contact with Omnibus. A swift decision to ask Matei to go to Omnibus and get a better gasp on the situation, was made. Depending on what happens, the future of I'Llinay might be taken in a whole unexpected direction, but one thing is sure E'Llinay will never be the same.

Connection to Earth/Omnibus:
Coming in contact with Omnibus only recently the I'Llinay still are wary about it, while at the same time being curious about it and even more about the world in which it resides in and which manages to live and thrive without any magic - Earth. This might lead to more people being sent to Omnibus in the future in order to collect more information on the Academy and it's world.

Society:
Monarchies - Most monarchies still have a feudal system-like organization. On the bottom there are farmers, free or not. Above them are knights or mages without inherited titles which are given territory to govern by smaller local nobles, which in return are vassals of larger nobles, with this chain continuing until the monarch himself. But unlike in the feudal system of Earth all taxes and goods are communal, shared between the farmers, territorial managers and nobles and split first according to need, with the everyone receiving enough food and goods needed to survive and do their works with the leftovers being split - usually 50% goes to nobles, 10% to the managers, 5% to the farmers, 15% to the crown while 20% is stored for cases of emergencies. Some monarchies have a Constitution which clearly states the limit of powers of the monarch, nobles and so on.
Democratic (Parliamentary) Monarchies - Usually have two parts of the parliament - one made out of nobles and other made out of citizens selected ether via ballot and take out of those that have a high enough income according to a census. The monarch's power is limited or doesn't exist at all, depending on the how democratic is the country. Trough offering more freedom then a monarchy advancing one's social position is still quite a challenge and only those with talent and intelligence usually mange to climb up the social ladder.
Democratic - Those country practice some form of democracy and usually have a high degree of civil rights and personal freedoms. Thanks to their great social mobility and freedom those countries are currently are centres of commerce and research.
Despite the differences in lives depending on what kind of political system is there in a country all I'Llinay believe in the sanctity of nature, certain legends and importance of ancestors, whose spirits serve as protectors and guardians to families and thanks to magic can be even temporary summoned to help in various ways. All I'Llinay train and learn magic, be it to sever as a help in work or to wage war, magic is a part of everyday life for all, be it starting a fire with a simple spell to creating golems to help carry heavy goods. Like on Earth particular I'Llinay customs vary between regions, countries, generations and so on.

The Language of I'Llinay
Pronunciation:

In the language of the I'Llinay almost always all letters of a world are distinct sounds. Pronunciation of most letters is similar to Slavic languages. For Ll and similar doubled letters a non-written vowel is added in between the two letters, cosponsoring to the fist next vowel in the word. That would make the pronunciation of I'Llinay be something like [i:ɫiɫi:naj] while Y'Ii would be [jii].
Politeness:
The language of the I'Llinay, similarly to some Earth language (for example Japanese) has many different levels of politeness which are showed by using specific words. One of the most notable elements of this are Prefixes that go in front of names or nicknames. Since they are hard to translate into English most I'Llinay would probably prefer using those even when talking in English.
Most common Prefixes and Words
A'Ii - A polite prefix used in front of female names when one is not sure if the other talker is married or not
E'Ii - A polite prefix used in front of male names, when one is not sure if the talker is married or not
Oo'Ii - A polite prefix put in front of names of objects
Ade'Ii - A polite prefix used in front of names of unmarried females
Ede'Ii - A polite prefix used in front of names of unmarried males
Agi'Ii - A polite prefix used in front of names of married females
Egi'Ii - A polite prefix used in front of names of married males
N'Ii - A polite form of I/me
Y'Ii - A polite from of You (singular)
A'Ii/ E'Ii/ O'Ii - A polite form of she/he/it
R'Ii - A polite form of us
D'Ii - A polite form of You (plural)
G'Ii - A polite form of them
Nai'Ii - A polite form of mine
Yai'Ii - A polite form of Yours (singular)
Aai'Ii/Eai'Ii/Oai'Ii - A polite form of his/hers/its
Rai'Ii - A polite form of ours
Dai'Ii - A polite form of Yours (plural)
Gai'Ii - A polite for of theirs

Most prefixes and words follow this scheme for increasing the politeness level:
Y'Ii - A polite from of You (singular)
Y'Iili - A very polite form of You (singular)
Y'Atai - A extremely polite for of You (singular)
Y'Atai Natu - The most form polite form of You (singular)

Words with 'Ii are used in most situations that require the minimal amount of politeness (example meeting someone for the first time).
Words with 'Iili are used in slightly official or ceremonial situations (for example on one's workplace). They also appear on documents like library cards or temporary permits. 'Iili is also used when addressing one's parent in any official or ceremonial situation except if the parent falls under the rules of 'Atai Natu usage.
Words with 'Atai are used in most official and ceremonial situations (for example on a wedding). 'Atai is what is used on official documents. They are also used when an a pupil or apprentice talks to it's master.
Words with 'Atai Natu are used only when talking with someone with the highest rank in a field - for example when talking to the head of a government.

The O'Hharyu Syndrome:
First recorded during the Era of War this rare syndrome causes unnaturally high magical production in an individual which can't be expelled even by constantly casting spells that drain massive amounts of magic energy. Over time this condition causes crystallised magical energy, known as magical crystals, to form from the tissue of the affected person which eventually ends with the person dying when a vital part of the body turns into a magical crystal. Unlike many other magical syndromes that had little impact on life or could be handled with special care the O'Hharyu could only have been slowed down by having the affected person use as much magic as possible, until Naia Matei figured how to control the process, causing it to grow on the outside of the body and thus made, amongst other things, made the crystals removable. Naturally learning and actually controlling the process is hard so many years of training are required, but at least there is a way to cure it thanks to Matei.

Short description:
Having evolved on a planet with a slightly stronger gravity then Earth and with massive abundance of magic the I'Llinay are usually shorter then humans, natural mages and between childhood and adulthood undergo an unique process in which their body experiences a small, large or even complete change.
Done. A more focused race/realm sheet this time. Edited.

Last edited:
  • Love
I'Llinay
(r. Linay)

Realm Name:
E'Llinay

Realm Scope:
Planet of I'Yyutea
I'Llinay Nations

Realm Details:
The realm of E'Llinay is located on an Earth-like world, named I'Yyutea, that is slightly bigger and denser then Earth, giving it a gravity that is roughly one quarter (~1.25 times) stronger then Earth's. I'Yyutea's has a single moon, I'Kkadil which takes some 36 days to fully revolve around I'Yyutea. One revolution of I'Kkadil marks a I'Yyutea month. I'Yyutea takes around 30 hours to rotate around itself and needs twelve revolutions of I'Kkadil to make a complete revolution around it's star I'Jjari, giving it a year of 540 Earth days or a bit less then 1 and half Earth years.
The most special part of I'Yyutea is something that originated far from it. Millions of years ago the young I'Jjari and it's planetary system were visited by a space-faring civilization of great power that collapsed long ago. The civilization built a vast system in the system of I'Jjari to conduct a delicate magical and biological experiment on the lush world of I'Yyutea. The system was primary concentrated on the star itself where massive arrays made out of millions of solar panels collect power and used complex magical technology to convert it into massive amounts of magical energy which they redirect into constants magic flows which meet deep inside I'Kkadil where special magical devices spread it onto and into I'Yyutea. To allow the system to operate automatically an myriad of golems maintains and runs the system using resources produced from dust and rock in massive magical furnaces hidden on I'Kkadil.
Being bombarded with massive amounts of magic for millions of years left a deep trace on I'Yyutea - everything on the planet is filled with magic and from time to time massive magical crystals break trough the surface of the planet. Both the flora and fauna has integrated magic in it's tools for survival, making the planet a dangerous place to live.

Name singular:
I'Llinay

Name plural:
I'Llinay

Powers/Abilities:
Natural Mages - Almost all I'Llinay are mages, with only one person in 5 million not being a mage.

Lifespan:
Usually up to 100 years
Can be extended by magic and the Change

Physical description:
Humanoid in their basic forms the I'Llinay go through several different phases of life. Childhood usually lasts 15-17 years in which the I'Llinay will grow to some 4 and half feet of height.
Then comes the Change a unique phase, usually lasting 2-5 weeks, in which a I'Llinay body is remade to a certain, varied, extend. In their ancestors this served to allow them to adapt to any potential new circumstances in their environment, but now a days is primary a mark that one came of age. The change will depend upon each I'Llinay, it might be anything from acquiring animal traits, joining with I'Aakui (spirit-like creatures that carry strong affinity with a certain element), changing one's gender or gaining some unique trait, physical or magical.
After the Change, Adulthood follows in which a I'Llinay is considered a full member of society with all the privileges and obligations that brings. After Adulthood, the last 15-20 years of life is the phase of Ending, which starts when one loses the ability to produce offspring. Most I'Llinay will turn to spiritualism and preparations to depart into the afterlife while taking care that leave nothing unfinished behind themselves.
I'Llinay usually have hair ranging in the scope of orange-red-purple-blue-light blue, while their eyes can take any color with purple-blue-green being the most common scope. Most I'Llinay have fair to pale skin.

History:
The I'Llinay arose from tribes that lived on the plains of an small region on the souther hemisphere of I'Yyutea, on a continent that is now almost completely covered by their countries. Due to the terrain being plains and the tribes mastering agriculture the region was safer then most to live. As the knowledge of agriculture spread other regions near the first one gave birth to towns and cities. It was some eight thousand years ago that this first town and cities formed the first organized states and created a writing system for the sake of record keeping. This was the Era of Dawn. In this periods states were a mess of constant wars and conquests in which the passing of a ruler would usually mean an end of a short-lived empire. Many people formed groups of daring pioneers and set out into uncharted lands, hoping to find a place to settle down far enough from the bickering of the E'Kkadei - "First States", thus forming the cores of the E'Llinad-"Second States".
Amongst this pioneers one group came up to A'Ttades - Mount Tades, a massive mountain littered with numerous magical crystals. The city that was founded on one of the slopes and the foot of the mountain was I'Jjazu - the birthplace of magic, because even if I'Llinay had magic before I'Jjazu it was rarely studied or thought. It was in I'Jjazu that magic became an object of study and teaching thanks to the Archsage Aisi Numei, which founded the first magic academy. The idea of magic academies spread through the E'Llinay - Nations of Linay. This was the start of five millennia of war, bloodshed and magic that became known as the Era of War. Nations fought for supremacy with each other leading to another wave of people searching for peace outside the known lands. The E'Yyadi-"Third States" came into being, but it will take the will of one I'Llinay, backed up by the second Archsage in history Zeji Dimia to end the wars once and for all. The man was Itis Huroy, the first Emperor of E'Llinay. With diplomacy, warfare and even underhanded methods Itis Huroy managed to gain direct control or strong influence over 3/4 of all nations that made up E'Llinay, with his son Tadu Huroy finishing the job. Thus begun the thousand years of the Era of Empire.
During this Era E'Llinay reached a level of peace and prosperity that was never seen before. The Empire's massive but efficient bureaucracy allowed an unified and perfected education system, well-built and maintained road infrastructure, social help for the maimed, sick, orphans and so on. Thanks to this research, both on magic and technology could advance further with inventions like crossbows, silent casting, watermills and windmills, baking institutions, magical engineering and so on. It appeared that the Empire will last for ever, but a crisis struck the great state as it neared nineteen hundred years of existence. It was the lack of a heir and this would plunge the Empire into a bloody civil war as each of the branch families wanted to take the throne.
The war finally ended only half a century after it started, when the last of the claimants on the throne gave up and settled with becoming the king of what land his family held at that time. Thus the Empire was no more, now divided in a mix of kingdoms, duchies and republics. But no one wanted more war and instead peace and prosperity were on the minds of the rulers after the end of the Inheritance War, how the war for the title of Emperor became know as.
The most important consequence of the War was that several democratic and liberal republics of various sizes came into existence as well as liberal-inclined monarchies. In this places, especially in the republics money and knowledge flows more freely which now turns them into the centres of trade and research. In order to break from the old traditions Universities replace Magic Academies. This universities become places where those studying magic and science meet, discuss and cooperate and lead the world to new heights thanks to discoveries like the compass, the telescope, the magic lenses, black powder and so on. So some people start to call this period "Era of Discovery".

Society:
Monarchies - Most monarchies still have a feudal system-like organization. On the bottom there are farmers, free or not. Above them are knights or mages without inherited titles which are given territory to govern by smaller local nobles, which in return are vassals of larger nobles, with this chain continuing until the monarch himself. But unlike in the feudal system of Earth all taxes and goods are communal, shared between the farmers, territorial managers and nobles and split first according to need, with the everyone receiving enough food and goods needed to survive and do their works with the leftovers being split - usually 50% goes to nobles, 10% to the managers, 5% to the farmers, 15% to the crown while 20% is stored for cases of emergencies. Some monarchies have a Constitution which clearly states the limit of powers of the monarch, nobles and so on.
Democratic (Parliamentary) Monarchies - Usually have two parts of the parliament - one made out of nobles and other made out of citizens selected ether via ballot and take out of those that have a high enough income according to a census. The monarch's power is limited or doesn't exist at all, depending on the how democratic is the country. Trough offering more freedom then a monarchy advancing one's social position is still quite a challenge and only those with talent and intelligence usually mange to climb up the social ladder.
Democratic - Those country practice some form of democracy and usually have a high degree of civil rights and personal freedoms. Thanks to their great social mobility and freedom those countries are currently are centres of commerce and research.
Despite the differences in lives depending on what kind of political system is there in a country all I'Llinay believe in the sanctity of nature, certain legends and importance of ancestors, whose spirits serve as protectors and guardians to families and thanks to magic can be even temporary summoned to help in various ways. All I'Llinay train and learn magic, be it to sever as a help in work or to wage war, magic is a part of everyday life for all, be it starting a fire with a simple spell to creating golems to help carry heavy goods. Like on Earth particular I'Llinay customs vary between regions, countries, generations and so on.

The O'Hharyu Syndrome:
First recorded during the Era of War this rare syndrome causes unnaturally high magical production in an individual which can't be expelled even by constantly casting spells that drain massive amounts of magic energy. Over time this condition causes crystallised magical energy, known as magical crystals, to form from the tissue of the affected person which eventually end with the person dying when a vital part of the body turns into a magical crystal. Unlike many other magical syndromes that had little impact on life or could be handled with special care the O'Hharyu could only have been slowed down by having the affected person use as much magic as possible, until ...

Short description:
Having evolved on a planet with a slightly stronger gravity then Earth and with massive abundance of magic the I'Llinay are usually shorter then humans, natural mages and between childhood and adulthood undergo an unique process in which their body experiences a small, large or even complete change.
Done. A more focused race/realm sheet this time. More about the recent history will be given in the CS as part of the character's history.

I might've missed something, but I don't see any mention here of this race having the capability or desire to travel to other realms.

Given the fact that race sheets should be written with potential future players in mind, that sort of thing (which I'm assuming is part of their "recent history") should be included in the race sheet, rather than leaving it for the CS. Players shouldn't have to read your CS just to understand the race.

Also, given the fact that I normally disregard CS's completely until the race sheet is accepted, and that last bit of info is important for approval of the race overall rather than just the one character... Yeah, the logistics of leaving that out until the CS just don't make any sense.

I'll take a closer look at your race sheet later -- this was just the biggest thing that stood out to me.

I have to say, I really appreciate the insane amount of work you put into all this lore. Sure it's unnecessary most of the time, but it's cool how well thought out these sheets really are. I have several comments that aren't really problems, just my silly comments on stuff :P
The system was primary concentrated on the star itself where massive arrays made out of millions of solar panels collect power and used complex magical technology to convert it into massive amounts of magical energy which they redirect into constants magic flows which meet deep inside I'Kkadil where special magical devices spread it onto and into I'Yyutea.
Fun fact: there's actually a term for this; it's known as a "dyson sphere." Although I guess a dyson sphere is technically a full structure and makes electrical energy, not magical energy. This is more of a modified dyson ring or swarm. It's worth checking in Google Images for the fun of it though.

Childhood usually lasts 15-17 years in which the I'Llinay will grow to some 4 and half feet of height.
Wow that is super short. I assume it still varies like normal races. Just imagine a short short I'Llinay xD
The change will depend upon each I'Llinay, it might be anything from acquiring animal traits, joining with I'Aakui (spirit-like creatures that carry strong affinity with a certain element), changing one's gender or gaining some unique trait, physical or magical.​
Can multiple things change? Like an animal trait AND a spirit infusion?
the O'Hharyu could only have been slowed down by having the affected person use as much magic as possible, until ...
Until...? This seems unfinished. Is it meant to be secret?​
Done. A more focused race/realm sheet this time. More about the recent history will be given in the CS as part of the character's history.​
Doubling what Kaga said.

Other than the last two points I mentioned, I like this, and it seems acceptable once those are cleared up.

(r. Linay)
I'm not sure what this "r. Linay" part is supposed to mean.

The change will depend upon each I'Llinay, it might be anything from acquiring animal traits, joining with I'Aakui (spirit-like creatures that carry strong affinity with a certain element), changing one's gender or gaining some unique trait, physical or magical.
So, uh, most of "the change" makes sense, except for the part about turning into a totally different creature (particularly an ethereal one). Unless you meant that they don't physically change into I'Aakui and that they just go off and spend their lives with them... but then, that really doesn't go along with all your other examples of the change.

Until...? This seems unfinished. Is it meant to be secret?
Until their deaths. O'Hharyu can only be slowed down by having the victim use as much magic as possible, until they eventually die. The sentence trails off because it's (supposed to be) implied.

But yeah, it took me a second to figure out what that sentence was trying to say, too. >.> Might be best to re-word that part, so that it doesn't at first seem like the sentence just suddenly ends.

Changes have been made. Might have some mistakes in the half-rushed add-on for the most recent history, but I think the basic idea is understandable.

Changes have been made. Might have some mistakes in the half-rushed add-on for the most recent history, but I think the basic idea is understandable.
Yeah, looks good to me. Accepted.

Alright, the race and realm lists are updated. InB4 the randomizer matches Matei and Neptune in the same dorm.

Status
Not open for further replies.