• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
WELP now my mind is thinking about developing a race that the GRIDs made extinct. I need help orz

but the only reason I didn't hold back was because you already told me that you can be overly-snarky (or something to that effect) and that I shouldn't feel the need to hold back any punches, either.
This. This is the key incorrect-ness with your premise.
My statment was, I can be sarcastic, cynical and analytical, and thus everthing I say should be taken with enough salt to make League of Legends look like it has a sodium deficiency. Not that you shouldn't feel the need to hold back punches. It was a 'I will comment and make jokes, and thus everything I say should either be taken non-seriously' unless its clear that I am being serious, (normaly denoted by. "seriously now.") Not a 'be a total asshole towards me.'
really like to continue this debate
No. -insert grumpy cat- I said I wasn't going to, you continued to post multi-paragraph statements. It seems you have a need to stamp your authority on any single comment made that might be a single inch out of line or even just a mildly off-beat joke.

This. This is the key incorrect-ness with your premise.
My statment was, I can be sarcastic, cynical and analytical, and thus everthing I say should be taken with enough salt to make League of Legends look like it has a sodium deficiency. Not that you shouldn't feel the need to hold back punches. It was a 'I will comment and make jokes, and thus everything I say should either be taken non-seriously' unless its clear that I am being serious, (normaly denoted by. "seriously now.") Not a 'be a total asshole towards me.'
Well then I'm sorry. I'll continue being soft and polite from now on.

At any rate, the point is -- things can't continue with everything being so hostile between us. Things need to simmer down.

cutestsquirrel.jpeg

"Flower?"

No. -insert grumpy cat- I said I wasn't going to, you continued to post multi-paragraph statements. It seems you have a need to stamp your authority on any single comment made that might be a single inch out of line or even just a mildly off-beat joke.
All I was trying to say was that I'm sorry I have a bad habit of being redundant, and that I wasn't trying to artificially inflate the length of my response, so I'm sorry you took it that way.

I also wanted to make it clear that you're sort of on thin ice with me right now, because it seemed important to tell you that.

All I was trying to say was that I'm sorry I have a bad habit of being redundant, and that I wasn't trying to artificially inflate my response by repeating the same things over and over.
I have the same issue. I find the best way to avoid it is to either 1) use lots of lists, I like lists. 2) Make a string of bullet points that need to be covered, then cover them one by one, in order, 3) Read through my post after making it and go 'Did I say this before in my post? If yes, Remove the bit that covered it, or this bit, whichever seems less poinient.'

I have the same issue. I find the best way to avoid it is to either 1) use lots of lists, I like lists. 2) Make a string of bullet points that need to be covered, then cover them one by one, in order, 3) Read through my post after making it and go 'Did I say this before in my post? If yes, Remove the bit that covered it, or this bit, whichever seems less poinient.'
Ok.

Do you want to convert my earlier points into list form? Just to make sure we're clear on everything?

Ok.

Do you want to convert my earlier points into list form? Just to make sure we're clear on everything?
I'd rather not start the whole argument again. It honestly matters to a total of Zero. We can have this debate all day/night (depending on your time zone) and neither of us would gain from it exept pissing you off, and getting me booted from a RP I'm liking the look off. I'm just going to stick to not commenting on stuff unless I can make it overly clear that I'm joking or I'm actually providing a overlooked point.

I'd rather not start the whole argument again. It honestly matters to a total of Zero. We can have this debate all day/night (depending on your time zone) and neither of us would gain from it exept pissing you off, and getting me booted from a RP I'm liking the look off. I'm just going to stick to not commenting on stuff unless I can make it overly clear that I'm joking or I'm actually providing a overlooked point.
I mean, yeah, we can drop the stuff about gamer5's content. That really isn't important.

The parts that I did want to make sure were clear were the bits such as:
  • Just because I write long posts, doesn't mean I'm trying to make myself sound superior. I'm just rambly. Please forgive me if I repeat myself.
  • I'm open to criticism, but you need to be respectful. If we can't maintain a respectful environment, I'll have no choice but to kick you out of the RP.
  • Flat-out ignoring* my posts is also not a good idea. Communication is important -- and we won't get anywhere if we start disregarding entire posts from each other.
*I will clarify that you technically never said you were ignoring me. I bring this up because I don't want you to think I'm putting words in your mouth. In dropping the debate completely, it was left unclear as to whether some of these important points were understood, or if you even read them at all. I just want you to read and acknowledge these bits here -- for the good of all future interactions between us, as well as for the good of the RP.

I also apologize if my attempts to be concise make me sound really stiff. I swear I'm not trying to make myself sound all hoity-toity with an inflated sense of importance. >.<

Flat-out ignoring* my posts is also not a good idea. Communication is important -- and we won't get anywhere if we start disregarding entire posts from each other.
I may be quiet, but I read everything unless I make a post going 'Holy god I missed shit'

I may be quiet, but I read everything unless I make a post going 'Holy god I missed shit'
Ok. I wasn't referring to you being quiet in general, though -- I was referring to the moments where you said you refused to continue debating with me so long as I continued to post multi-paragraph posts. This made it unclear as to whether or not those long posts were read. I was worried that perhaps you saw multiple paragraphs from me and decided to ignore those posts in their entirety.

In any case, thank you for clarifying that you read everything.

I was referring to the moments where you said you refused to continue debating with me so long as I continued to post multi-paragraph posts.
I never said I was ignoring multi-paragraph posts, I was inferring that a lot of the stuff you wrote in said posts were either non sequiter or just repetition of prior points. I still read them, to not give your opponent the benefit of the doubt in debate is rather rude unless you have evidence to the contrary.

I never said I was ignoring multi-paragraph posts, I was inferring that a lot of the stuff you wrote in said posts were either non sequiter or just repetition of prior points. I still read them, to not give your opponent the benefit of the doubt in debate is rather rude unless you have evidence to the contrary.
I know. I did clarify that you never said you ignored those posts. However, I wasn't sure if you had read those posts in their entirety or not. I'm sorry if you feel it was rude of me to jump to conclusions -- however, I just wanted to make sure that those points were clarified -- just in case you did ignore those posts. I'm sorry if you felt like I was accusing you of anything -- that was not my intention.

On a side note, *is writing a race sheet for a race that's canonically extinct just for fun* I need a life ;_;

Sorry, I just found this and had to share:

1516630968-demotivational-posters-fire-squirrel.jpg

• Love
Reactions: chaosheart13
Status
Not open for further replies.