Status
Not open for further replies.
@Luma
Sweet, Viviana gots a roomate now =)

I'd say the Devo would definitely tolerate the Vori- if she doesn't find her "antics" to be extremely amusing, that is. :p

Now I'm going to sleep on this, as I'm completely brain-dead from some wierd Math-Chemistry combo. At least my high school does an A/B day schedule, so I won't end up this dead tomorrow >.>

@Luma
Sweet, Viviana gots a roomate now =)

I'd say the Devo would definitely tolerate the Vori- if she doesn't find her "antics" to be extremely amusing, that is. :p

Now I'm going to sleep on this, as I'm completely brain-dead from some wierd Math-Chemistry combo. At least my high school does an A/B day schedule, so I won't end up this dead tomorrow >.>
Yep, I highly approve of this dorm pairing. The personality contrast is just perfect. Plus, we have super curious Vivi getting matched with Luna, who has a secret box that she insists must never be opened. I'm really glad one of Vivi's 10 items isn't a skeleton key.

Reactions: Raven Haruka
This is the only thing that strikes me as a little limiting, but it's your race, so if you like it that way then it's fine.

Neptune will be in room 512 with...herself. For now. Enjoy your personal space while it lasts :P

Hmmm... just two doors down from Deen's room. :bsmile:

*secretly adds skeleton key- just kidding!

But yep, there'll definitely be curiosity the minute that box is mentioned xD.

(On a completely random note, is it bad that I have a bare-bones character description for each person consumed on that day? I also matched each person to their corresponding item, so that Vivi would remember that specific person each time she calls out their item :p)

Reactions: Luma
I have no idea why I find it amusing that most of the current dorm rooms are even numbers. :x

(On a completely random note, is it bad that I have a bare-bones character description for each person consumed on that day? I also matched each person to their corresponding item, so that Vivi would remember that specific person each time she calls out their item :p)
Eh. Assuming the people consumed don't really affect Vivi's personality, I don't see it as being that much of an issue.

I have no idea why I find it amusing that most of the current dorm rooms are even numbers. :x
For a second I misread this as you being amused that the dorm rooms are numbers at all. Like, instead of reading "even" as in "even or odd", I read it as more like "most of the current dorm rooms are actually numbers", like you expected some weird other system to go along with this weird school. XD

And while some weird other system would be interesting -- numbers are a lot easier to randomly generate. XD

That's what I assumed you wanted to say, which is why I brought it up. Again, if you want her to be the only one, feel free to keep it that way. It's totally up to you.
O_O Well, I mean... I wouldn't want it to be so that there are never any other Nui at the school -- as that would prevent other people from making a Nui character if they wanted. And I would consider that to be unreasonable gatekeeping...

But everything seems to have worked out in this case, so that's fine. I just wanted to put that out there for future reference. o_o

• Useful
Reactions: Luma
For a second I misread this as you being amused that the dorm rooms are numbers at all. Like, instead of reading "even" as in "even or odd", I read it as more like "most of the current dorm rooms are actually numbers", like you expected some weird other system to go along with this weird school. XD

And while some weird other system would be interesting -- numbers are a lot easier to randomly generate. XD
Oh lol. No, I wasn't really expecting a unique system for rooms though that would be interesting to see but numbers are easier anyway

You know, I just imagine August all over this madness, collecting flowers

c:

btw, I had an idea in which August's body get's interrupted in full moon day, and he becomes broken. COUGHCOUGH

Name singular- Thanata
Name plural-Thanati

Powers- The Thanati are adept at a wide range of magic (and indeed, there are no records of a Thanata being born without the capability to use magic), though they stereotypically focus on necromancy for reasons that will become obvious. They also cannot feel pain, and do not need to eat, drink, sleep, or breathe.

Lifespan- Once they become fully grown (around age 13), Thanati do not age. There are stories of Thanati many millennia old, still kicking around.

Physical description- Thanati are the size and shape of humans, but with one key difference: they are born as the living dead. Yep, they skip the cradle part and go straight to the grave. Their skin is ash gray, but otherwise, they look like human corpses in various stages of decay. All adult Thanati have a large wound across their chest that is sewn shut, the result of the Raising ritual that all Thanati go through.

Cultural Description- Being a slow-moving, immortal race has led the Thanati to take a leisurely pace through unlife. After all, why bother with hurrying up when you have all of eternity before you? Thanati tend to live in small villages, numbering 100-1000 strong. They do have permanent portal spells set up between a handful of other worlds, but they are rarely used. Most Thanati prefer to keep to themselves, and most outsiders want to stay as far away from Plutus as possible. The few Thanati who have headed to other realms have found themselves the victims of anti-undead stigma.

All Thanati are born with a fully functioning brain, but over time, said brain rots. The Thanati have devised the Raising ritual to counteract this. First, the Thanata "downloads" their consciousness into a crystal. Then, using simple magic, they command their original body to cut a segment of flesh out of itself to make a space for the crystal, which is inserted and restores the body to full functionality. Traditionally, the heart is the part removed.

Realm- Plutus. What is a world with death but not life? Plutus provides an answer. Long ago, Plutus was a garden world, but the planet's animating force slowly drained away. The Thanati tried desperately to restore their world, but all efforts failed. Now, plants grow and rot at the same time, the rivers run with putrid water, and the sky is eternally dusk. And yet, despite all of this, the Thanati endure, as they always have and always will.

Short description- Free-willed undead with a soul jar inside. Basically, your stereotypical lich with a really good hiding place for their phylactery.
Looks good to me!

I'll take a look at the character sheet later.

Apparent Age: 14

Actual Age: 14
So, just to be clear: this means that she's reached the point where she won't age any further, but she still hasn't yet? So it's not like she's older than she looks or anything?

I mean, it's fine if that's the case -- I just wanted to make sure we're clear on everything.

It's me, the tip end of a clown's nose, the clown piece, come back from the dead and READY TO DO THE THINGS THAT need doing i don't know

So, just to be clear: this means that she's reached the point where she won't age any further, but she still hasn't yet? So it's not like she's older than she looks or anything?

I mean, it's fine if that's the case -- I just wanted to make sure we're clear on everything.
Correct. She's still young chronologically.

Correct. She's still young chronologically.
Sounds good to me. Accepted!

She'll be in room 504, with Primary_Batter.

@daird When adding Plutus to the race list, I tweaked your exact wording a bit and cut out a few sentences. There was nothing wrong with your description in the race sheet (as I left the actual post untouched) -- there just wasn't a specific segment that would be good to use for copy/pasting purposes, and the full description would be just a tad long for the 'preview' on the realms list.

Primary would be disturbed by the Thanatis she's rooming with, but they can't feel a thing :'D

Status
Not open for further replies.