• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I just found this and had to share:

1516630968-demotivational-posters-fire-squirrel.jpg
But that quote underneath the fire squirrel oh my- *tries to refrain from laughing too loudly*

But that quote underneath the fire squirrel oh my- *tries to refrain from laughing too loudly*

Deen would have a hard time keeping it in, himself... :bsmile:

Sorry, I just found this and had to share:

1516630968-demotivational-posters-fire-squirrel.jpg
I always wondered what would happen if a squirrel were to eat a fire flo-- wait, no I didn't...but now I know. Enlightening.

*jumps into thread*
Hey guys! I'm here and-
*gets sucked out of thread into school*
Oh, well, Bye!-

Ooooh, man! Kagayours directed me here from the newbie forum, and I gotta say, this RP looks super duper interesting! A few questions for the crowd:

1.) Given a lack of link to an IC thread, I'm assuming the RP hasn't started yet-- is that correct?

2.) Is anyone really interested in having a 2nd character of the race they're an ambassador for?
Asking primarily because there's often really interesting things to happen if someone's been waiting on that. While I have countless ideas for my own races, I like to plan out with folks and whatnot, so, thought it was worth asking. c: ​

Ooooh, man! Kagayours directed me here from the newbie forum, and I gotta say, this RP looks super duper interesting! A few questions for the crowd:

1.) Given a lack of link to an IC thread, I'm assuming the RP hasn't started yet-- is that correct?

2.) Is anyone really interested in having a 2nd character of the race they're an ambassador for?
Asking primarily because there's often really interesting things to happen if someone's been waiting on that. While I have countless ideas for my own races, I like to plan out with folks and whatnot, so, thought it was worth asking. c: ​
1) Yes, you are correct - this RP hasn't started yet.
2) Well, sorry, but I am not currently interested in second Bereginya. Maybe after some time, but now - no.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Well ok then. Looks like everyone had fun today. I really do appreciate all the squirrels and flowers though~
Imma go sit in the corner and continue to write my CS in between work and sleep!

THE GRAMMAR IT BURNS!
The grammar information technology burns? :trollface:

EDIT: Also, Iwaku pls, you're hurting my eyes D:
lKBxQeD.png

Last edited:
Well ok then. Looks like everyone had fun today. I really do appreciate all the squirrels and flowers though~
Imma go sit in the corner and continue to write my CS in between work and sleep!

squirrel-dandelion_1865738i.jpg

"Why, thank you!"

@Pahein

Welcome to Iwaku, and another welcome to Omnibus!

I wouldn't mind having another Devo in the school (though you should probably make sure it is a Devo, not a Devee. I don'wanna fight to the death, please xD)

• Thank You
@Pahein

Hey, welcome to Iwaku! To answer your questions, yeah the postings haven't started yet and I don't mind if you make another 1-0 or GRID.

• Thank You
2) Well, sorry, but I am not currently interested in second Bereginya. Maybe after some time, but now - no.
Ehhh hold on a minute... If you're an ambassador for a race, then you can't exactly tell people that they can't make new characters for that race. You sort of have to assume that people can and will do so. I mean, the CS's for characters of that race would have to be approved by you, but, if a CS can't be accepted, then you have to provide a reason for it and all that...

I'm assuming Pahein was just asking if anyone really wanted another character for their race, rather than just asking permission in a general sense, so it isn't a huge deal -- but, based on the wording of your reply, RecentlyInsaneRussian, I just wanted to make sure we're clear on how ambassadorship works...

So, when are we starting?
Well for right now I'm actually less worried about the number of characters/players and just how much time I'll have to actually start/manage the IC...

I start college next week, and not only do I still have a lot of packing and organizing to do (which I've been putting off partially because of my involvement with Omnibus...), I'm also going to be a lot busier once classes actually start. o_o Thing is, I'm just not sure exactly how much busier I'll be, especially with my new job, which may-or-may-not take a lot of time out of my schedule (given the fact that I'll probably have a lot of downtime while I'm on the clock and I might actually be able to use a lot of that time to do other things... but, who knows).

So until I can get into the groove of things and figure out what my semester's going to be like? I really have no idea when the IC will be up.

Buuuut that's ok, because there are still lots of people who are working on race/character sheets. So, it's not like we're just sitting around doing nothing in the meantime. :P

^

tl;dr -- Not until at least a week from now, when I know what my schedule and workload will be like.

• Thank You
I could probably consider joining this. Maybe.

Is this player-driven? Like, will there be any overall plot? And if that's the case, what brightness will the theme be at?

Reactions: Luma
Thought just occurred to me, what happens to a character that's from another race, but the race is retired? Like, um, say I've already rped a lot with said character from the other race. And then the person who created that race ends up leaving. Can our character stay in the rp or do they have to be retired alongside the retired race?

Is this player-driven? Like, will there be any overall plot? And if that's the case, what brightness will the theme be at?
The RP is player-driven and there will be no overall plot. Plot threads will be created as characters fuck shit up and cause all kinds of crazy to happen. :D

Thought just occurred to me, what happens to a character that's from another race, but the race is retired? Like, um, say I've already rped a lot with said character from the other race. And then the person who created that race ends up leaving. Can our character stay in the rp or do they have to be retired alongside the retired race?
Retired races will most likely fall under GM control. I certainly wouldn't force anyone to retire a character just because the ambassador for that race left. If there are no characters controlled by other players, then there's a good chance that the races of drop-out ambassadors will be retired completely -- unless there was some important bit of lore in that race (or their character's contributions) that can't be so easily swept under the rug...

In any case, it'll be a case-by-case basis as for what happens to drop-out races. Point is, you won't have to retire characters for a drop-out race.

Retired races will most likely fall under GM control. I certainly wouldn't force anyone to retire a character just because the ambassador for that race left. If there are no characters controlled by other players, then there's a good chance that the races of drop-out ambassadors will be retired completely -- unless there was some important bit of lore in that race (or their character's contributions) that can't be so easily swept under the rug...

In any case, it'll be a case-by-case basis as for what happens to drop-out races. Point is, you won't have to retire characters for a drop-out race.
Ah, gotcha. Thank you for the clarification!

Reactions: Kagayours
I've added an "additional information" spoiler to the Nül race sheet, to clarify and further explain a few things that might aid people if they wanted to make a Nül character.

Reactions: Kagayours

Oo, newbies. Nice. Welcome to Iwaku!

So the first question's been answered. Second question: if you have race ideas, you should totally go with those. Half the fun is making the race, in my humbly clearly-correct-all-the-time opinion. That being said, you're welcome to create another Vori if you want to. Two Vori in the same place almost always leads to a rivalry for siphoning the magic nodes.

Reactions: Pahein
Status
Not open for further replies.