Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehm... not exactly what I meant. I was just saying that if she wanted, it could just come back. Also, dying of eating too much trash... I seriously am loving this race XD the trash munchkins are here... salvation is at hand!
Hmm... well, in that case, we'd have to think of what race a Recycler could actually "come back" as.

We have Devos and Spirits, but even those are technically only "copies" of the original soul, so it's not quite the same thing. And, uh... yeah, looking at only the list of active races? There really aren't any other options for "revival". XD

And I feel like the question of whether or not revival is even a possibility at all would kind of depend on how the Recycler character dies. Like I said, I wouldn't let an active player character get killed off without permission from all parties involved, so any character death that occurs would have to be planned out and would probably involve another character here. If the Recycler is just going to be one of the mystery killer's next victims, then a revival might be plausible. But if you're suggesting that they become Kaessya's breakfast tomorrow morning, then... not so much. :P

o3o I mean... one wouldn't just "randomly come back" as a Vori. The Vori-creating process is a bit more... involved, iirc. XD
Look at your species. Now look at me. Now back to your species. Now back to me. Sadly, it isn't me. But it could change into me....

But yeah, I made it really painful for Vori to convert for this reason. So they didn't just go around giving away free "get out of lifespan free" cards.

Off topic, but... do you think someone could give me a quick run down of what's happened in the RP so far? And I'll read the character sheets and everything! Also, I don't know how to tag someone without quoting them.

...hey, I'm new, okay?! Ehehe. TT_TT
As far as a rundown goes....the entire school is being flooded with jellybean, a murderer's been running around slaying NPCs, and the sun's being a jerk by banishing people to distant planets.

Fair enough. And uhh, yeah Kaessya would have to eat the actual soul so I don't think that would work at all.

@Takashi WOAH. THIS IS AMAZING.

I... I feel enlightened.

Hmm... well, in that case, we'd have to think of what race a Recycler could actually "come back" as.

We have Devos and Spirits, but even those are technically only "copies" of the original soul, so it's not quite the same thing. And, uh... yeah, looking at only the list of active races? There really aren't any other options for "revival". XD

And I feel like the question of whether or not revival is even a possibility at all would kind of depend on how the Recycler character dies. Like I said, I wouldn't let an active player character get killed off without permission from all parties involved, so any character death that occurs would have to be planned out and would probably involve another character here. If the Recycler is just going to be one of the mystery killer's next victims, then a revival might be plausible. But if you're suggesting that they become Kaessya's breakfast tomorrow morning, then... not so much. :P
I actually don't particularly have any desire to bring back my Recycler after it dies. I think it should just live out its natural, very short lifespan, and we'll enjoy it while it lasts! I'll just create a new character when it dies. Life goes on! No need for species-shifting!

edit: Also, that sounds like a, um... very eventful plot.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Luma
Off topic, but... do you think someone could give me a quick run down of what's happened in the RP so far?
Well, the RP doesn't have a central plot, so you don't really need to be caught up on the history of the RP as a whole -- you just need to know about more recent events and how all of that led to the current situation.

That being said:
  • There is a murderer on the loose. Several students have turned up dead.
  • Jelly beans are flooding the school. Or at least they were. I think someone did something to try to contain all that recently? I'll have to check the IC.
  • The gravity was turned off for a while. Now it's back on. But before it went back on, @Roose Hurro's character sent out a bunch of "omni-bits" to help the other students navigate a gravity-free environment. Now all those omni-bits have nothing to do.
  • The sun -- yes, the literal sun that the earth orbits around -- took offense at the fact that Harbingers (which are essentially Reapers/Shinigami) had come to collect the souls of the dead students, and so she transported the Harbingers (along with a demon and a Vori) to another planet. She then revived the dead students by placing their souls inside newly-created bodies, and then she suited them all up with demon-hunting gear. Another character, Naia, was pissed off about all of this. And then I think Sol gave Naia control of the revived students for some reason?

That's what I know is going on off the top of my head. I'll have to double-check the IC to make sure I have the details right on some of the more recent stuff. XD

Also @everyone else -- feel free to speak up if I've forgotten any important side-plots going on. o_o

• Thank You
Reactions: Eru
Ok then. It was just an idea, and I kind of hope I remembered to clarify that I wasn't suggesting it or anything. And you're welcome, my brain will now sleep while I'm awake I think. it does that quite often, you can tell it's happening if I start barfing random logic errors ._.

Oh, I just mean that Maggot will probably inevitably need to die in a few months because of eating too much trash or something. It's a pretty fragile race! But a few months is ages in an RP, and such is life, such is life~~
I missed this comment the first time around, apparently. As others have said, though -- I highly doubt that the short lifespan will be an issue. This RP is technically still only on day one. Time passes rather slowly in RP's. XD
edit: I mean, I'm actually totally fine with having my character die at some point. It seems pretty inevitable, and I think it's probably realistic given the species?
Missed this bit too, apparently. I mean, you can let your character get killed off if you want to... but there are lots of characters here who are fairly "fragile" in comparison to what some of the other characters here are capable of. That doesn't mean they have to die. o_o

Ok then. It was just an idea, and I kind of hope I remembered to clarify that I wasn't suggesting it or anything. And you're welcome, my brain will now sleep while I'm awake I think. it does that quite often, you can tell it's happening if I start barfing random logic errors ._.

I'm going to bed too, then! I don't know what time zones you guys are in, but I'm in the States right now and it's 2 AM -- way past time for me to go to bed!

I'll write up a character sheet in the morning and we can figure out a way to get them into the plot... look forward to the rise of Maggot! ;)

• Love
Reactions: Kagayours
I missed this comment the first time around, apparently. As others have said, though -- I highly doubt that the short lifespan will be an issue. This RP is technically still only on day one. Time passes rather slowly in RP's. XD

Missed this bit too, apparently. I mean, you can let your character get killed off if you want to... but there are lots of characters here who are fairly "fragile" in comparison to what some of the other characters here are capable of. That doesn't mean they have to die. o_o

Oh! Well, that's great too! I'll probably just do what seems to make sense for the character.

I'm going to bed too, then! I don't know what time zones you guys are in, but I'm in the States right now and it's 2 AM -- way past time for me to go to bed!
Apparently we're in the same time zone. ...I just have less shame about being up so late, I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also @Belladonna, whenever you get back online, here's that summary you wanted, although I wrote all that just off the top of my head so some of the details are a bit hazy. I'll be sure to straighten out all the confusing bits at some point.

Well, the RP doesn't have a central plot, so you don't really need to be caught up on the history of the RP as a whole -- you just need to know about more recent events and how all of that led to the current situation.

That being said:
  • There is a murderer on the loose. Several students have turned up dead.
  • Jelly beans are flooding the school. Or at least they were. I think someone did something to try to contain all that recently? I'll have to check the IC.
  • The gravity was turned off for a while. Now it's back on. But before it went back on, @Roose Hurro's character sent out a bunch of "omni-bits" to help the other students navigate a gravity-free environment. Now all those omni-bits have nothing to do.
  • The sun -- yes, the literal sun that the earth orbits around -- took offense at the fact that Harbingers (which are essentially Reapers/Shinigami) had come to collect the souls of the dead students, and so she transported the Harbingers (along with a demon and a Vori) to another planet. She then revived the dead students by placing their souls inside newly-created bodies, and then she suited them all up with demon-hunting gear. Another character, Naia, was pissed off about all of this. And then I think Sol gave Naia control of the revived students for some reason?

That's what I know is going on off the top of my head. I'll have to double-check the IC to make sure I have the details right on some of the more recent stuff. XD

Also @everyone else -- feel free to speak up if I've forgotten any important side-plots going on. o_o
Sums it up, except the jellybeans are still going. The courtyard has a few giant walls acting as dams to keep it from filling, but they're about to collapse.

As I recall, Sol was going to go fix the problem, but then Naia called her a tyrannical meddler, so now she refuses to get involved. Which is probably a good thing RP-wise, she would've made it too easy.

• Thank You
Reactions: Eru and Kagayours
But if you're suggesting that they become Kaessya's breakfast tomorrow morning, then... not so much. :P
>-> I swear that if you do that, I'll make sure Azrael kills Kaessya in the most painful way possible and send her soul right into the mouth of Cerberus! x'D

And Maggot and the whole Recyclers race sounds so amazing, yet tragic. To be honest, reading about their short lifespan and inevitable death made my heart shrink a little ad got kind of traumatized after finding out the offsprings eats their "parents" corpse. (*hatches from an egg* "Yay, I'm finally alive and ready to eat some toxic waste!" *spots parent's corpse* *blinks with a kind of shocked expression* "Oh, what a lucky day! I found my breakfast! Bon appetite to me!")

I can only imagine Lucifer really liking Maggot and using her as his personal safely waste disposal (though he will be so heartbroken if Maggot ever dies...).

>-> I swear that if you do that, I'll make sure Azrael kills Kaessya in the most painful way possible and send her soul right into the mouth of Cerberus! x'D
SHE'S GONNA HAVE TO EAT AT SOME POINT. I assumed there wouldn't be any player character volunteers and that it would just have to be some unfortunate NPC -- so it probably won't be Maggot, unless Bella's really cool with it -- but... she'll have to eat eventually... XD

And, yes, I'm sure that'll lead to some interesting conflicts later on... XD

Also @Takashi

*rolling around on the floor* Your intro post needs to initiate an interactiooooon...!!

Jorgamund still essentially counts as a free character, and you can't really do anything until you write another post. And... there's no reason to wait, since you're not interacting with anyone, so you might as well just get another post up as soon as possible. Which means you might as well have just posted those two posts as one. ...Which is why I have a rule about how all IC posts should initiate or at least invite an interaction.

It's okay if you eat NPC's, but don't eat the Loli! LOLIS ARE LOVE, LOLIS ARE LIFE! (I don't know why the hell I imagine Maggot as cute af Loli, so don't ask!)

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Eru
._. I forget literally the most important things. I'll go have a look at the "WIE" list and see what I want to throw him into I suppose. And uhh, what about two posts? ._.

• Thank You
It's okay if you eat NPC's, but don't eat the Loli! LOLIS ARE LOVE, LOLIS ARE LIFE! (I don't know why the hell I imagine Maggot as cute af Loli, so don't ask!)
That is not the sort of cute that I was imagining Maggot as. o_o" I mean, I thought Maggot would be adorable, too. Just... a different flavor of adorable. XD

Speaking of which, I bet Lolis taste like cotton candy.

I'll go delete that intro post and replace it when I write up an interaction.

_. I forget literally the most important things. I'll go have a look at the "WIE" list and see what I want to throw him into I suppose.
Is there isn't anybody, just force that interaction. BOOM! Simple as that. For example, you can make him land in front of a character group all naked and asking him/she where he is. xD SOUNDS LEGIT AND A TYPICAL SATURDAY NIGHT SITUATION.

@Kagayours YOU MONSTER!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Status
Not open for further replies.