Status
Not open for further replies.
It's okay if you eat NPC's, but don't eat the Loli! LOLIS ARE LOVE, LOLIS ARE LIFE! (I don't know why the hell I imagine Maggot as cute af Loli, so don't ask!)
The two of us are clearly picturing two very different looks....
shidore-56313.jpg

(Hunter X Hunter is an amazing anime by the way....)

Edit: In hind sight, Bella did write them as "insect-like", so I guess that wasn't meant quite as literally.

The two of us are clearly picturing two very different looks....
shidore-56313.jpg

(Hunter X Hunter is an amazing anime by the way....)
dc0XdbAm.jpg

How dare you ruin her image to me...?

dc0XdbAm.jpg

How dare you ruin her image to me...?
I was imagining something more along the lines of like... a vaguely Invader Zim-esque art style. A cute little skinny bug-boy from early 2000s deviantART.

But yeah, Bella did say "insect-like", so I really have no idea how lolis came to mind... XD

I'll be honest here, I was kind of picturing something like this but huddled over a vat of toxic waste.
1450523895-5b73e7d1c18491d3a7e8751c3e6a21a2.jpeg

I'll be honest here, I was kind of picturing something like this but huddled over a vat of toxic waste.
1450523895-5b73e7d1c18491d3a7e8751c3e6a21a2.jpeg
Make it 30% more Zim and you've got something pretty close to what I was picturing.

@Takashi @Kagayours @Luma
You guys are so evil! Y U KEEP DOING DIS!? You evil monsters! Hope you die by the hands of a Loli Army! x'D

Well...

Go to work, come back, and find nearly three pages of "glee". Heh. Fun, fun. :bsmile: :bananaman:

Hello again, guys!!

I finished my character sheet, so, uh, I guess that we can finally lay the "what does a Recycler look like" debate to rest. What does a Recycler look like? A filthy, skinny human child. @Kagayours @Takashi @Luma @Shinku⭐Kun

Please tell me if there's anything else that I should do to improve!

tumblr_n9qpsiIIHI1rijfv5o1_500.png

Name: Maggot

Race: Recycler

Gender: N/A, Recyclers don't have gender because they reproduce asexually.

Age (apparent): At birth, the Recycler resembles an eight-year-old child. It will then age rapidly at a rate of one year per day until it has matured into its final form, which looks approximately fourteen-years-old.

Age (actual): 6 hours, as of the beginning of the RP.

Appearance:
There's something about Maggot (and, by extension, Recyclers in general) that's just… vaguely creepy. Could it be the bruised black eyes? The mop of dark, disheveled hair and skinny limbs? The atrociously ill-fitting clothes, which smell of garbage and look strangely like they've been taken off a corpse? The insect-like twitchiness? Maybe even its strange resemblance to every other Recycler in the universe?

Okay, let's be real. It's probably all of the above. There's nothing particularly wrong with Maggot's facial features -- in fact, they're rather finely formed and perfectly symmetrical down the center, too. What? Scientists can be artistic too. But there's something about looking at members of this species for too long that just freaks people out.

Biography:
Maggot hatched from its egg in a waste processing room. Specifically, Maggot was born in the waste processing room deep below Omnibus Academy, like thousands of Recycler generations before her. Many organizations that are "in the know" have a Recycler stashed away somewhere, after all. It's a cheap and easy way to get rid of your trash, and you get a new one every time the old one dies.

A garbage disposal room to a Recycler is what a bar is to an alcoholic -- when Maggot looked up from consuming the last of its parent's corpse and saw the mountains of trash everywhere, it should have been unable to resist. None of the Recyclers before it had been able to, and as a result, thousands of generations had lived and died in this single room. Maggot should have been the same.

But as the newly born Recycler wiped the traces of its first meal from its lips, it realized that in front of it was a door. And it wondered… what could be outside? Could there be more trash? Perhaps it was greed that propelled this young Recycler to do the unthinkable. Perhaps it was curiosity, or a sense of adventure, or just some kind of genetic defect.

Whatever it was, the result was the same. For the first time in generations, a Recycler born into the waste processing room of Omnibus Academy stood up, turned the knob on the door… and left.

Other:
  • This is a little known fact, but Recyclers actually don't enjoy the taste of garbage. They find it as revolting as anyone else might. And yet… they just can't stop eating it. It's a compulsion that's built into the very fibers of their DNA.
  • Maggot is so naïve that it's almost like it was born today. Oh wait… it was.
  • The clothes that Maggot is wearing did, in fact, come off the corpse of its dead parent.

I finished my character sheet, so, uh, I guess that we can finally lay the "what does a Recycler look like" debate to rest. What does a Recycler look like? A filthy, skinny human child. @Kagayours @Takashi @Luma @Shinku⭐Kun
BEAUTIFUL TRASH BABY. <3

This is a little known fact, but Recyclers actually don't enjoy the taste of garbage. They find it as revolting as anyone else might. And yet… they just can't stop eating it. It's a compulsion that's built into the very fibers of their DNA.
This is probably an important thing to add to the race sheet for Recyclers, since it's relevant to all members of the species, and not just Maggot specifically.

Other than that, this looks great! Consider yourself accepted.

Just one thing, though -- if Maggot isn't really a student at Omnibus, does that mean they shouldn't be assigned a room number? Although, now that I think about it, there are a number of characters here (Key and Azrael in particular come to mind) who also really aren't "students", and yet they all got room numbers anyway... maybe I'll just say that the building itself has TARDIS-like sentience and just assigns rooms to anyone it perceives to be a student.

So with all that being said -- Maggot will be in room 500 (unless you have any strong objections to Maggot getting a room in the first place).

BEAUTIFUL TRASH BABY. <3
HELLO WELCOME @Belladonna AND TRASH BABBIE. Honestly I expected Maggot to look more like a moemon version of Grimer or Garbodor or something but I enjoy the faceclaim as it is. :D
Just one thing, though -- if Maggot isn't really a student at Omnibus, does that mean they shouldn't be assigned a room number? Although, now that I think about it, there are a number of characters here (Key and Azrael in particular come to mind) who also really aren't "students", and yet they all got room numbers anyway... maybe I'll just say that the building itself has TARDIS-like sentience and just assigns rooms to anyone it perceives to be a student.
I did plan to have Key making use of his room soon, if that's still okay. Yay sentience. ^^

Oh, we should've been rolling 0s this whole time? I was rolling 1-20....

HELLO WELCOME @Belladonna AND TRASH BABBIE. Honestly I expected Maggot to look more like a moemon version of Grimer or Garbodor or something but I enjoy the faceclaim as it is. :D

I did plan to have Key making use of his room soon, if that's still okay. Yay sentience. ^^
You still have a t'sun'dere to deal with....though maybe she'll finally leave you alone now that she couldn't care less.

Also, I would just like everyone to know that today, on April 1st of the Year of our Lord 2017, one of the admins of this fair website wrote and posted Sonic the Hedgehog x Princess Elise smut fanfiction, and it was all thanks to my suggestion. This will be my legacy.

No, I am not joking.

Oh, we should've been rolling 0s this whole time? I was rolling 1-20....
:I I mentioned a while back that 0's were in the number pool... I just hadn't gotten any 0's yet on any of my rolls.

Ah well. Now we know.

This is probably an important thing to add to the race sheet for Recyclers, since it's relevant to all members of the species, and not just Maggot specifically.

Oh, yes, you're right! I'll add it to my race sheet right now.

Other than that, this looks great! Consider yourself accepted.
So with all that being said -- Maggot will be in room 500 (unless you have any strong objections to Maggot getting a room in the first place).

Anyway, I have no objections, but how will Maggot even know that it has a room? I don't think it would even know that it's at a school... or what a school even is...

Also, is there any preferred way that you'd like me to get Maggot into a position where other characters can interact with it?

Heehee, thanks~!! Glad to be here!

Honestly, I thought about that too... but I figured that Recyclers should look more inconspicuous if I'm claiming that they've actually existed on earth for ages now. This way, a normal human being could plausibly mistake a Recycler for just some homeless street kid, rather than immediately knowing that it's an alien life form created to make the universe a cleaner place.

Reactions: Eruantien
Also, is there any preferred way that you'd like me to get Maggot into a position where other characters can interact with it?
o3o You can just look at the "where is everyone" list on the first page and find a group of characters you'd like Maggot to run into.

Status
Not open for further replies.