Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, hello! I'm Belladonna, and I'd love to participate in this RP if you'd have me!

If you guys would be okay with it, I'll probably submit a race sheet and/or a character sheet some time soon.
Cool! Let us know if you have any questions about stuff. Otherwise, feel free to post up a sheet whenever you're ready. ^^

Reactions: Belladonna
Cool! Let us know if you have any questions about stuff. Otherwise, feel free to post up a sheet whenever you're ready. ^^
Thank you so much! I'll probably have a full race sheet up at some point tomorrow. I'm in my senior spring (ie. that blissful period of high school after you've gotten into a university and now don't have to do anything), and so now I have plenty of free time.

Reactions: Kagayours
Sorry for the double-post -- I finished up my race sheet, so I'm just going to leave it here and go to bed now! I hope you'll at least find it a little interesting!! If there's anything I need to fix or clarify, please let me know! :)

Name singular: Recycler.
Name plural: Recyclers.

Powers/Abilities:
  1. Waste Processing: The fragile body of a Recycler can process anything and regurgitate it back up as innocent, harmless soil. It doesn't matter how dangerous or unstable it is -- you name it, and the Recycler can neutralize it for you. This is actually how the US government gets rid of all of its nuclear waste, by the way… but that's top secret information.
  2. (Almost) Universal Translator: This is one of the more peculiar quirks of the Recycler species... their programming allows them to understand around 80% of all known languages. This is presumably due to their origins as a servant race. Apparently their creators wanted them to be able to say "which way to the nuclear waste?" in every language that they could think of.
  3. Asexual Reproduction: Once in its life (and usually when it's almost dead), a Recycler can lay an egg that will hatch into a new Recycler. It will then die and be consumed by its offspring.

Physical Appearance:
Picture a pallid, dark-haired teenager. Hollow cheeks; unsettlingly blank eyes. Genderless; painfully thin; a humanoid with something almost insect-like about it. There -- now you know exactly what a Recycler looks like. Recyclers reproduce asexually, and as a result, every new Recycler is a variation on the same theme. Do they have individual personalities, thoughts, feelings? Sure, but they all look so uncannily similar that it's hard not to group them all together.

General Description:
Every Recycler, from the moment that it hatches, knows that its purpose is to consume trash. Recyclers are born into the world starving for food, and are driven only by the urge to seek out toxins and garbage in order to process them into more useful byproducts. They are drawn to waste products, and the more hazardous they are, the better -- Recyclers consume everything from nuclear waste to used batteries. Despite this, however, Recyclers don't actually enjoy the taste of most forms of trash, and find it just as repulsive as other species do, even though they're compelled to consume as much of it as possible.

These strange creatures aren't quite organic life forms, but they're not exactly robots, either. The inside of a Recycler consists of a delicate network of complex biomechanical machinery. Trillions of these creatures were created many, many years ago and planted in as many realms as possible by the brilliant scientists of a long dead race, who hoped to make the multiverse a cleaner and healthier place. Interestingly, they are drawn to sugar as well as to more normal hazardous materials. This is because fructose was incredibly toxic to the race that created them.

The race that those scientists belonged to eventually died out, but the Recyclers didn't. Though their bodies are fragile, their extremely stable method of asexual reproduction has led to their continued persistence as a species. At the end of a Recycler's short lifespan, it lays a single egg in a secluded spot and dies on top of it. After a few days, a new Recycler will hatch. Its first duty? To recycle the corpse of its parent.

The central irony of the Recyclers, however, is that they don't actually need to consume anything to survive. They are born with a finite, non-replenishable supply of energy that they will slowly deplete over the course of their lifespan. It is this energy that they draw upon in order to fuel the complex process of stabilizing waste products. Every time a Recycler consumes a piece of trash, therefore, it shortens its lifespan and brings itself closer to its inevitable death.

Lifespan: The maximum lifespan of a Recycler is ten Earth years, assuming that it consumes nothing and uses all of its energy to sustain itself. However, most Recyclers live for only a few months due to processing large amounts of waste products and toxins.

Cultural description: Recyclers are solitary creatures. Most will go throughout their lives without ever meeting another of their kind. They have no culture whatsoever, and are only able to communicate because it's more efficient to be able to ask questions like "where do you keep your used batteries?". They tend to name themselves (if they name themselves at all) after the decomposers of the planet that they reside on.

Realm: Most realms have a stable population of Recyclers. There are some exceptions, of course, but Earth is not one of them.

Short description: The bottom feeders of the universe. This biomechanical race's sole purpose in life is to consume the trash left behind by other races, recycle it into more useful byproducts within their digestive tracts, and then regurgitate them back up again. They can be found in almost every realm but are rarely seen by anyone, preferring to live out their short existences in the shadows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the double-post -- I finished up my race sheet, so I'm just going to leave it here and go to bed now! I hope you'll at least find it a little interesting!! If there's anything I need to fix or clarify, please let me know! :)

Name singular: Recycler.
Name plural: Recyclers.

Powers/Abilities:
  1. Waste Processing: The fragile body of a Recycler can process anything and regurgitate it back up as innocent, harmless soil. It doesn't matter how dangerous or unstable it is -- you name it, and the Recycler can neutralize it for you. This is actually how the US government gets rid of all of its nuclear waste, by the way… but that's top secret information.
  2. (Almost) Universal Translator: This is one of the more peculiar quirks of the Recycler species... their programming allows them to understand around 80% of all known languages. This is presumably due to their origins as a servant race. Apparently their creators wanted them to be able to say "which way to the nuclear waste?" in every language that they could think of.
  3. Asexual Reproduction: Once in its life (and usually when it's almost dead), a Recycler can lay an egg that will hatch into a new Recycler. It will then die and be consumed by its offspring.

Physical Appearance:
Picture a pallid, dark-haired teenager. Hollow cheeks; unsettlingly blank eyes. Genderless; painfully thin; a humanoid with something almost insect-like about it. There -- now you know exactly what a Recycler looks like. Recyclers reproduce asexually, and as a result, every new Recycler is a variation on the same theme. Do they have individual personalities, thoughts, feelings? Sure, but they all look so uncannily similar that it's hard not to group them all together.

General Description:
Every Recycler, from the moment that it hatches, knows that its purpose is to consume trash. Recyclers are born into the world starving for food, and are driven only by the urge to seek out toxins and garbage in order to process them into more useful byproducts. They are drawn to waste products, and the more hazardous they are, the better -- Recyclers consume everything from nuclear waste to used batteries.

These strange creatures aren't quite organic life forms, but they're not exactly robots, either. The inside of a Recycler consists of a delicate network of complex biomechanical machinery. Trillions of these creatures were created many, many years ago and planted in as many realms as possible by the brilliant scientists of a long dead race, who hoped to make the multiverse a cleaner and healthier place.

The race that those scientists belonged to eventually died out, but the Recyclers didn't. Though their bodies are fragile, their extremely stable method of asexual reproduction has led to their continued persistence as a species. At the end of a Recycler's short lifespan, it lays a single egg in a secluded spot and dies on top of it. After a few days, a new Recycler will hatch. Its first duty? To recycle the corpse of its parent.

The central irony of the Recyclers, however, is that they don't actually need to consume anything to survive. They are born with a finite, non-replenishable supply of energy that they will slowly deplete over the course of their lifespan. It is this energy that they draw upon in order to fuel the complex process of stabilizing waste products. Every time a Recycler consumes a piece of trash, therefore, it shortens its lifespan and brings itself closer to its inevitable death.

Lifespan: The maximum lifespan of a Recycler is ten Earth years, assuming that it consumes nothing and uses all of its energy to sustain itself. However, most Recyclers live for only a few months due to processing large amounts of waste products and toxins.

Cultural description: Recyclers are solitary creatures. Most will go throughout their lives without ever meeting another of their kind. They have no culture whatsoever, and are only able to communicate because it's more efficient to be able to ask questions like "where do you keep your used batteries?". They tend to name themselves (if they name themselves at all) after the decomposers of the planet that they reside on.

Realm: Most realms have a stable population of Recyclers. There are some exceptions, of course, but Earth is not one of them.

Short description: The bottom feeders of the universe. This biomechanical race's sole purpose in life is to consume the trash left behind by other races, recycle it into more useful byproducts within their digestive tracts, and then regurgitate them back up again. They can be found in almost every realm but are rarely seen by anyone, preferring to live out their short existences in the shadows.
XD I love it. Everything here is great. Accepted!

• Thank You
Reactions: Belladonna
Heehee. I'll probably get started on a character tomorrow, then!
Looking forward to seeing it! ^^

Also, I love how we now have a growing collection of races who are capable of digesting absolutely anything, but all of them do this for a completely different purpose. XD

Lol what did I just read? xD

Everything in that race sheet was so completely unexpected, but not really in a bad way.
Looking forward to seeing it! ^^

Also, I love how we now have a growing collection of races who are capable of digesting absolutely anything, but all of them do this for a completely different purpose. XD
Crazy how that worked out. One race for eating souls, another for eating magic or knowledge and a final one for eating the trash xD

This actually sounds like an interesting race. I may mean hilarious but anyway Just one thing though, that is a pretty short lifespan ._. I'm gonna love watching you play as one of these XD

This actually sounds like an interesting race. I may mean hilarious but anyway Just one thing though, that is a pretty short lifespan ._.
Yeah, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's certainly an interesting idea. And can lead to more interesting situations than just having a school full of immortals.

True, true. I was just saying, and I don't think we'll have to end up having her die anyway because a few months even, in RP time, is a really long time ._.

True, true. I was just saying, and I don't think we'll have to end up having her die anyway because a few months even, in RP time, is a really long time ._.
Yeah, exactly. XD

Yeah, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's certainly an interesting idea. And can lead to more interesting situations than just having a school full of immortals.
Ehehee. Well... it's a weird concept, but I hope that it will be interesting for you guys to play around with!

Anyway, I figured that in a universe with tons and tons of species, there would probably be some that, well... end up with pretty terrible existences. I mean, a species that lives to eat trash, and every time they eat trash they're shortening their lifespan... But that's fun too!

Um... although considering the traits I chose, my character might not be in this RP for very long. But I guess I can just make a new one afterwards!

edit: I mean, I'm actually totally fine with having my character die at some point. It seems pretty inevitable, and I think it's probably realistic given the species?

I had an interesting idea ._. Definitely not saying you should or have to do this because that'd be both a bit rude and me overstepping my boundaries, but there are a few races in the cast that basically used to be other races. Meaning, you could technically have your character come back randomly as a vori or something ._. Again, just a random idea I got.

Edit: XD I love it more. That name.....love it.

Ehehee. Well... it's a weird concept, but I hope that it will be interesting for you guys to play around with!

Anyway, I figured that in a universe with tons and tons of species, there would probably be some that, well... end up with pretty terrible existences. I mean, a species that lives to eat trash, and every time they eat trash they're shortening their lifespan... But that's fun too!
Honestly the Recyclers sound absolutely adorable to me. Aside from the thing about shortening their own lifespans, it's hard for me to even think of their existence as "miserable", because my whole brain is just like, "precious little trash babies..."

Skinny little cinnamon rolls gobbling up any trash they can find like it's the best thing ever. God bless. <3

Um... although considering the traits I chose, my character might not be in this RP for very long. But I guess I can just make a new one afterwards!
XD What do you mean by that? Were you expecting your character to get killed off early or something? Because I normally wouldn't allow player characters to be killed off without the owner's permission, anyway.

I had an interesting idea ._. Definitely not saying you should or have to do this because that'd be both a bit rude and me overstepping my boundaries, but there are a few races in the cast that basically used to be other races. Meaning, you could technically have your character come back randomly as a vori or something ._. Again, just a random idea I got.
Ahaha, maybe! I think we'll just see how it goes!!

I mean, I haven't even written a character sheet yet, other than picking a name.

edit:
XD What do you mean by that? Were you expecting your character to get killed off early or something? Because I normally wouldn't allow player characters to be killed off without the owner's permission, anyway.
Oh, I just mean that Maggot will probably inevitably need to die in a few months because of eating too much trash or something. It's a pretty fragile race! But a few months is ages in an RP, and such is life, such is life~~

Edit: XD I love it more. That name.....love it.
o3o I mean... one wouldn't just "randomly come back" as a Vori. The Vori-creating process is a bit more... involved, iirc. XD

Ehm... not exactly what I meant. I was just saying that if she wanted, it could just come back. Also, dying of eating too much trash... I seriously am loving this race XD the trash munchkins are here... salvation is at hand!

Ehm... not exactly what I meant. I was just saying that if she wanted, it could just come back. Also, dying of eating too much trash... I seriously am loving this race XD
I'm glad you like it!! I, personally, would not want to be born as a Recycler... but they'll at least be interesting, right? Heehee.

o3o I mean... one wouldn't just "randomly come back" as a Vori. The Vori-creating process is a bit more... involved, iirc. XD
Off topic, but... do you think someone could give me a quick run down of what's happened in the RP so far? And I'll read the character sheets and everything! Also, I don't know how to tag someone without quoting them.

...hey, I'm new, okay?! Ehehe. TT_TT

Ok, first off: tagging. To tag someone, just do a @ then their username. @Belladonna
By first off, I meant I'll let someone else handle the briefing ._.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kagayours
Status
Not open for further replies.