Status
Not open for further replies.
@Belladonna Your race sheet has already been linked in the OP. If you edited the post then you don't need to quote and repost it again. ^^

o3o You can just look at the "where is everyone" list on the first page and find a group of characters you'd like Maggot to run into.
... does it like to eat jellybeans? Like, a large amount of jellybeans??
Okay, gotcha! I think the easiest group to run into is Sail/Nightshade/Kaine, since they're all inside the building. So I'll have Maggot wander over there while cleaning up jellybeans. @Takashi @Sail

...hey, didn't you know? Sugar's toxic to the liver! Maybe it was included among the substances that Recyclers are programmed to be irresistibly drawn towards.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Eru
@Belladonna Your race sheet has already been linked in the OP. If you edited the post then you don't need to quote and repost it again. ^^
It was an accident... I don't really know how to use this website yet, so I tried to edit it and somehow... that happened....... TT_TT

It was an accident... I don't really know how to use this website yet, so I tried to edit it and somehow... that happened....... TT_TT
Oh. I see... o.o Well, there's no harm done by re-posting it. I just wanted to make sure you knew that you didn't have to.

That being said... now I don't think you actually edited the post at all. The one that the OP links to still seems to be missing that edit. :/ I think what happened was that instead of "edit", you clicked "reply", and then you made your edit in the quote box -- which meant that the original post itself wasn't changed, only the quoted version was.

So you still have to go back and edit the post. o_o Just be sure to click "edit" instead of "reply".

Oh. I see... o.o Well, there's no harm done by re-posting it. I just wanted to make sure you knew that you didn't have to.

That being said... now I don't think you actually edited the post at all. The one that the OP links to still seems to be missing that edit. :/ I think what happened was that instead of "edit", you clicked "reply", and then you made your edit in the quote box -- which meant that the original post itself wasn't changed, only the quoted version was.

So you still have to go back and edit the post. o_o Just be sure to click "edit" instead of "reply".

I... I think I fixed it! Can... can you check to make sure I did it right...?

I've posted.... Maggot makes an entry! I just put it near Kaine and Nightshade and Sail since that seemed simplest. Is that okay?
Yup, seems alright to me! ^^

@Belladonna ACTUALLY WAIT NO, I think Kaine and Nightshade's group recently, uh... busted into the administration office, or something... sorry, I've been kind of swamped with homework this weekend so I haven't been able to keep a close eye on the IC. ><" Even right now, I have homework I should be doing instead of looking at the IC to clarify the finer details. I'm only posting this comment now because I just remembered that my earlier statement was (possibly?) not correct.

@Sail and @Takashi can probably help clear things up in the meantime.

Also, @Eruantien, could you make sure the WIE list is up-to-date for me?

@Kagayours Kaine and Sail are still in that spot but Nightshade has gone off elsewhere (to the administration). I'll update the list accordingly, but @Belladonna has no errors in their post that I can see. ^^

Ok, so Nightshade is the only one who went to the administration office. Kaine, Sail, and now apparently Maggot are still in the hallway I believe.

Ok, so Nightshade is the only one who went to the administration office. Kaine, Sail, and now apparently Maggot are still in the hallway I believe.

Gotcha! It's hard to keep track because there's tons and tons of pages, but I'll try to stay on top of what's happening from here on out!

Also, I just noticed that the WIE list is a little outdated. That has been mentioned in here, I guess I just didn't notice until now? Anyway, my point is that I'll just hold off on introducing Jor until that list is up to date. No rush, I'll just be looking for whatever group is outside so that I don't have to rewrite my intro as much.

Also, I just noticed that the WIE list is a little outdated. That has been mentioned in here, I guess I just didn't notice until now? Anyway, my point is that I'll just hold off on introducing Jor until that list is up to date. No rush, I'll just be looking for whatever group is outside so that I don't have to rewrite my intro as much.
Sol and Naia are up to date and outside, so you're welcome to hop in there.

Oh, alright then. I'll just have him go over and mess with the high-tech sun-soldier-people-things. Not entirely sure what to call them so that's my description. I'll go write that up now.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Luma
Hello again, guys!!

I finished my character sheet, so, uh, I guess that we can finally lay the "what does a Recycler look like" debate to rest. What does a Recycler look like? A filthy, skinny human child. @Kagayours @Takashi @Luma @Shinku⭐Kun

Please tell me if there's anything else that I should do to improve!

tumblr_n9qpsiIIHI1rijfv5o1_500.png

Name: Maggot

Race: Recycler

Gender: N/A, Recyclers don't have gender because they reproduce asexually.

Age (apparent): At birth, the Recycler resembles an eight-year-old child. It will then age rapidly at a rate of one year per day until it has matured into its final form, which looks approximately fourteen-years-old.

Age (actual): 6 hours, as of the beginning of the RP.

Appearance:
There's something about Maggot (and, by extension, Recyclers in general) that's just… vaguely creepy. Could it be the bruised black eyes? The mop of dark, disheveled hair and skinny limbs? The atrociously ill-fitting clothes, which smell of garbage and look strangely like they've been taken off a corpse? The insect-like twitchiness? Maybe even its strange resemblance to every other Recycler in the universe?

Okay, let's be real. It's probably all of the above. There's nothing particularly wrong with Maggot's facial features -- in fact, they're rather finely formed and perfectly symmetrical down the center, too. What? Scientists can be artistic too. But there's something about looking at members of this species for too long that just freaks people out.

Biography:
Maggot hatched from its egg in a waste processing room. Specifically, Maggot was born in the waste processing room deep below Omnibus Academy, like thousands of Recycler generations before her. Many organizations that are "in the know" have a Recycler stashed away somewhere, after all. It's a cheap and easy way to get rid of your trash, and you get a new one every time the old one dies.

A garbage disposal room to a Recycler is what a bar is to an alcoholic -- when Maggot looked up from consuming the last of its parent's corpse and saw the mountains of trash everywhere, it should have been unable to resist. None of the Recyclers before it had been able to, and as a result, thousands of generations had lived and died in this single room. Maggot should have been the same.

But as the newly born Recycler wiped the traces of its first meal from its lips, it realized that in front of it was a door. And it wondered… what could be outside? Could there be more trash? Perhaps it was greed that propelled this young Recycler to do the unthinkable. Perhaps it was curiosity, or a sense of adventure, or just some kind of genetic defect.

Whatever it was, the result was the same. For the first time in generations, a Recycler born into the waste processing room of Omnibus Academy stood up, turned the knob on the door… and left.

Other:
  • This is a little known fact, but Recyclers actually don't enjoy the taste of garbage. They find it as revolting as anyone else might. And yet… they just can't stop eating it. It's a compulsion that's built into the very fibers of their DNA.
  • Maggot is so naïve that it's almost like it was born today. Oh wait… it was.
  • The clothes that Maggot is wearing did, in fact, come off the corpse of its dead parent.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA! I KNEW SHE HAD THE APPEARANCE OF AN AUTHENTIC LOLI! (she's creepy, though, but a Loli is a Loli...)

Reactions: Belladonna
@AnimeLover_Princess @Belladonna @chaosheart13 @Eruantien @gamer5 @IceQueen @Kagayours @Luma @munchkinomatic @Roose Hurro @Rowdybull *deep breath* @Sail @Shinku⭐Kun @Takashi

The original post of this thread has gotten a face-lift. Proceed to panic as necessary.

Additionally, the former "Where Is Everyone?" list has been moved to a tab of the same name, along with the other tabs such as "Races" and "Realms". The list has also been updated as of this evening, so if you notice any inaccuracies, please do alert myself or @Kagayours.

If there's any questions about the formatting or content, ask away. Otherwise, everything's still good to go!

I'll try to make a post for Neptune soonTM, depending on IRL responsibilities. I am excited for both of the new characters, and tbh a little apprehensive of what new sorts of nonsense might unfold. :snake:

Last edited by a moderator:
And just wait after Lucifer arrives at Omnibus. xD There's going to be a lot of chaotic things that will happen and the poor guy will probably end up be slapped in the face by girls a few times.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kagayours
Status
Not open for further replies.