Status
Not open for further replies.
.... I wouldn't mind if @Luma would take another look at this for me.
Devos without dolls? Seems good to me.

Went ahead and checked out the CS too. Two things:
  1. Yeeeesss, Norse mythology is cool! Also I just realized he legitimately has no history. Still, it might help to supply a little canon history for Jor (the original, non-spirit), since it's more-or-less the same character.
  2. Dat soulbound item pic is broken.

Reactions: Kagayours
Since Iwaku doesn't like it apparently, here's a link. The spear is just to the left of the bow. And I basically had like five CS ideas for this... I'll add some history as well, if I can think of anything.

Edit: I need to change the link apparently...

Last edited by a moderator:
Since Iwaku doesn't like it apparently, here's a link. The spear is just to the left of the bow. And I basically had like five CS ideas for this... I'll add some history as well, if I can think of anything.
The link doesn't work, either. "Hotlinking is evil", according to the site that hosts the image.

You're going to have to download it onto your own computer and re-upload it onto a different image hosting site like Imgur or tinypic.

Umm... apparently the original image got taken down. The one I can get up is really low resolution though...
:/ You sure it got taken down? If you're just following your own link, then, like I said, the hosting site is probably just blocking you from hotlinking. How did you find the image to begin with?

Ok, changed the link to another pic. It's the same one but with words on the bottom, so it doesn't really effect anything. It's in that post I had the link in already. Sorry for the late reply, I got caught up in a movie...

Ok, so I edited in the bits that @Kagayours mentioned. I'll hold off on @Luma 's suggestions until we get the race approved. Once that's done, I'll edit and repost the CS for evaluation.

Race sheet looks good to me. Let me know when you're ready to have the CS looked at.

To those present, they could see not only a fist, but the image of a giant gilded hammer as Key's fist connected to the colossus below.

I can't believe the colossus just got banned.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Luma and Eru
I can't believe the colossus just got banned.
"YOUUU
SHALL NOT

bother me because i'm like an incredibly ancient entity and ur here just like wrecking my day so i'mma banhammer u. maybe we'll meet again in the afterlife."

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Kagayours and Luma
So taking a page out of another RP I'm in, I've underlined the parts that demand or invite a reaction. Obviously try and read the whole thing so you don't miss stuff, but when you go back, it makes it a little easier to post cause it highlights the parts you can best react to.

I think this should be somewhat ready for evaluation now?

Name: Jormungand
Also known as: Jormungandr; World Serpent; The Midgard Serpent
Race: Spirit
Age (apparent): 16-ish
Age (actual): 10 (he will be ejected to Earth onto the grounds of Omnibus) stabilizing process took 10 years. [reason: astral plane "thought" it'd be best?]
Appearance:

Humanoid Form:
a47a5157365ba89a8b6c12b389835433.jpg
Jormungand is a slender man (he was literally a giant snake before so yeah). He has light blue hair and bright yellow eyes with reptilian pupils. He normally wears a fur lined jacket and a white shirt under it. He wears jeans and some boots. He has a pair of 1.5 inch long fangs where a human's top canine teeth would be.

Variant Form:
His variant form is that of a massive sea serpent. (below) He can however, make himself (in variant form) much smaller than this.
jormungandr__the_world_serpent_by_j_humphries-d9emz4x.jpg

Bio: [personality/history]

Personality:
Jormungand is always a little cocky, not really knowing his place. He will most often try diplomacy first when conflict arises, but isn't afraid to fight if he needs to. He may not seem like it, but his overall goal is world conquest. He doesn't just go around saying "Hey, I'm gonna take over the world! Wanna be my minion?", but he will at times bring up his goals, only if he thinks the situation fitting. He's only just been created as a spirit, and his "original" soul has been dead for the past few... millenia? Because of this, he is quite fascinated by all the technology there is nowadays.

History: (this is a description of the "original" Jormungand, this is straight mythology so it doesn't have too much to do with my canon version of him)
Jormungand was a massive sea serpent in Norse mythology. He was said to be so huge that if he lay straight, from nose to tail he would encircle the entire earth. Of course, this was an overstatement by fearful people. He guarded the bridge to Asgard, apparently the realm of the gods. During Ragnarök, he is said to have been killed by the thunder god Thor, who took 9 paces and fell dead from the serpent's venom. [Ragnarök is a set of future events layed out in Norse mythology]

Canon History:
One minute he had broken a fang into the chest of the thunder god Thor, the next?...he wasn't really sure. Mjiolnir (Thor's hammer) had struck Jormungand in the skull and suddenly he was... he wasn't. He simply wasn't. The large serpent's body fell limp, the god Thor dead after taking nine paces. As Jormungand closed his golden eyes, he cursed creation and vowed to rule it all, to rebel against the gods once more, perhaps for a different end. Then... the soul of the creature known as the World Serpent, the one who struck fear into the hearts of all seafaring men, was now no more. The faintest amount of magic could be sensed had someone been there, but there was no one. No one but two corpses, having fought to the death. Perhaps there would be another chance? Not for a long time... (my brain isn't working, not sure if this is what @Luma meant at all)

Soulbound item: Eitr
[Eitr](the literal word for the extremely potent poison produced by Jormungand according to legend)

Jormungand's item is a large spear that, instead of his fangs, holds his venom within. This means that if he so chooses, the tip can become poisoned.
maxresdefault.jpg
Jormungand views Eitr as a tool only fit to destroy those who can legitimately prove themselves as a threat to his ideals. Thus, he will only manifest it when absolutely necessary.

Unique ability:
Energy conservation. This means that he basically has more stamina than normal and can keep certain abilities manifested for longer.

• Love
Reactions: Luma
Hm....yeah. I mean you basically just reiterated the same thing, but now it's worded such that we know it's canon, so that works for me.

Also would ya believe I'm actually RPing Jormungandr as a schoolgirl in another RP? What're the odds? We RPers love turning mythological beings into school kids I guess xD

Anyways, Jorm'll be in room #518. @Kagayours can edit that in the first post later. For now, feel free to post in the IC.

Hm....yeah. I mean you basically just reiterated the same thing, but now it's worded such that we know it's canon, so that works for me.

Also would ya believe I'm actually RPing Jormungandr as a schoolgirl in another RP? What're the odds? We RPers love turning mythological beings into school kids I guess xD

Anyways, Jorm'll be in room #518. @Kagayours can edit that in the first post later. For now, feel free to post in the IC.
Done. Now I should probably also add Spirits to the race list, since apparently I forgot about that until now. XD

@Takashi The fact that the post containing your race sheet also contains an outdated version of your character sheet may make things a little confusing... do you think you could either re-post the race sheet or just edit the old version of your CS out of that post?

Yay for non-failure. And @Luma that's actually a wierd coincidence XD

Edit: got it, new RS post incoming

[BCOLOR=#0f0f0f]Name singular: Spirit[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#0f0f0f]Name plural: Spirits[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#0f0f0f]Powers/Abilities:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#0f0f0f]While most spirits have one unique ability, they also share a few abilities.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#0f0f0f]• intangibility: while a spirit is already completely intangible to any normal human, they can manually make themselves intangible to some other races. The exceptions being races that can see or sense souls. The only race that they are intangible to by default is normal humans. Ones they can make themselves intangible to are any race that cannot sense or locate souls. Every other race can normally sense them in some way, unless they purposely make themselves intangible. Note: this takes a fair amount of energy by the way. Any type of non-human or "special" humans can see/sense them.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#0f0f0f]• astral projection: essentially a cloning procedure. A spirit can create duplicates of itself or others, though said duplicates are strictly limited to an astral form.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#0f0f0f]• siphoning: if a spirit touches a source of energy or magic, they can begin to siphon from the source. However, they are rendered completely defenseless while doing so.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#0f0f0f]• soulbound item: every spirit is granted a single item upon ejection from the astral plane. This item can be almost anything, and is assigned to said spirit by the astral plane itself. The astral plane evaluates the soul of the spirit and assigns it whatever item it deems fitting. The reason it is called a "soulbound" item is because only the spirit it is assigned to may manifest or even touch it without extreme discomfort.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#0f0f0f]• unique ability: unique abilities vary from spirit to spirit. They are mostly just enhanced senses or skills, but some spirits have been known to possess physical magic such as control over fire or the ability to possess a live being. Unique abilities are assigned almost at random by the astral realm, though it normally has some sort of connection to either their soulbound item, or what soul the spirit in question is a copy of.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#0f0f0f]Lifespan: semi-immortal: they can die if their physical or astral form takes too much damage or if their ties to the astral field are severed. However, they cannot die simply from the ravages of time, as time doesn't necessarily effect them.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#0f0f0f]How can they die?: Basically, any attack or magic that manifests itself purely in a physical manner, like fire for example, cannot effect them. Things like a harbinger's "penance stare" can effect them. Anything that will effect nonphysical elements such as attacks directly to the soul, mind, or the constant astral ties can effect them. It's a little difficult to explain, but pretty much they can only be effected by attacks that are nonphysical themselves, or that are designed to attack nonphysical elements. Think of the astral ties like a life support system. If they're severed, the form of a spirit will start to break down at a constant rate.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#0f0f0f]Physical description:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#0f0f0f]Spirits may come in all shapes and sizes. All Spirits have two distinct types of forms however: astral and physical. In astral form, a spirit cannot effect or be effected by any physical laws or objects (note: this also includes certain magics). Once a spirit has assumed physical form however, it is quite the opposite, they can be effected by all physical laws, objects, and all magic that would normally effect a physical being. Most spirits can manifest themselves in a humanoid form and, depending on the spirit, one that is completely different. The latter is called a "variant".[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#0f0f0f]Cultural description:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#0f0f0f]Spirits are a race tied to the astral field. This is a constant field that surrounds some realms and supplies a spirit with enough energy to maintain their astral form. If a spirit wishes to go to a place not tied to an astral field, they must have a constand feed of energy from a seperate source. It is the same if they want to gain a fully physical form. Spirits are direct copies of deceased souls. While not all souls are copied, a lot are. Because of this, their entire body is technically counted as a soul. However, they are not exact copies. Meaning, mostly just memories, how to use their new powers, and what/where they are are copied. Physical appearance isn't copied, and only revert to the race of the "original" soul. This means that personality, appearance, and even gender can technically be different from the "original". If, for some reason, a spirit is particularly well-known already (and didn't become such during their time as a spirit), then the astral field will allow them more power on a regular basis. Basically, if you're a well-known one, you get a "fame bonus".[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#0f0f0f]Realm: Astral Plane - The astral plane is essentially a separate plane of existence from Earth. It is blank and empty and only serves as the "birthplace" of a spirit. Once a spirit's astral form is stable however, they are immediately ejected from the astral realm and sent to Earth as default. The stabilizing process can take some time, ranging anywhere from instant to a millenia. A spiri t is completely debilitated during the stabilizing process. The astral plane has a sort of "intelligence", though no one knows exactly how it works. This allows it to manage its own affairs as well as evaluate the soul of a new spirit.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#0f0f0f]Other: N/A I think?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#0f0f0f]Short description:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#0f0f0f]Copies of deceased souls that are manifested in an astral body. Not quite a ghost.[/BCOLOR]

• Thank You
@Luma I have a question related to the Vori race. I know that even most Vori were human, any being from any race can be turned into a Vori. My question is that if they keep their native race powers. For example, let's say that a Vori decides to turn a demon into a Vori as well. Does that demon still have his demoniacal powers after the transformation or they're gone and replaced by Vori powers?

Hope that makes sense! 0-0

The reason I'm asking is because I'm doing the final touches of Lucifer's long debut post that's going to be divided in two: what happened to him before arriving at Omnibus (that can also be seen as a prequel for a big event I'm planning and, of course, I'm going to ask permission to Kaga and you beforehand) and what happens when he arrives at Omnibus (hopeful, he will interact with @IceQueen character if she's still around here or to interact with whoever sees him. Sorry, not telling spoilers about how he's going to arrive x'D).

@Luma I have a question related to the Vori race. I know that even most Vori were human, any being from any race can be turned into a Vori. My question is that if they keep their native race powers. For example, let's say that a Vori decides to turn a demon into a Vori as well. Does that demon still have his demoniacal powers after the transformation or they're gone and replaced by Vori powers?

Hope that makes sense! 0-0

The reason I'm asking is because I'm doing the final touches of Lucifer's long debut post that's going to be divided in two: what happened to him before arriving at Omnibus (that can also be seen as a prequel for a big event I'm planning and, of course, I'm going to ask permission to Kaga and you beforehand) and what happens when he arrives at Omnibus (hopeful, he will interact with IceQueen character if she's still around here or to interact with whoever sees him. Sorry, not telling spoilers about how he's going to arrive x'D).
They keep magic, usually.

The exceptions are:
  1. The original race actively channels magic from another source that only favors that race. Example: a deity made a promise to bless a specific race with magic, so the deity's promise no longer concerns them and they cut the Vori off.
  2. The powers stem from being completely ethereal or bizarre, and the process of becoming a physical being nullifies them. Example: a Nevermade becomes....uhh...."made" I guess.
  3. The power is tied to physical adulthood of that race and the age regression removes it. Example: if there was a vampire-esque race that only grew special fangs at age 18, and the Vori's body resembled a 15-year-old, they would lack those fangs.

• Thank You
Reactions: Stray Shinku
Icey be kinda busy for the weekend but I'm here

• Love
Reactions: Stray Shinku
Um, hello! I'm Belladonna, and I'd love to participate in this RP if you'd have me!

If you guys would be okay with it, I'll probably submit a race sheet and/or a character sheet some time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.