• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mollisol

Subterranean Rose
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
6 - 10 PM, Eastern Standard Time
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Magical girl, action, science fiction
Last edited:
Reactions: Blighted_Agent
"The rising star of cosmic code can definitely help you!" Good heavens, that was adorable. Also, @Quincunx you forgot a color tag on part of Yuzu's dialogue.

• Thank You
Reactions: Mollisol
"The rising star of cosmic code can definitely help you!" Good heavens, that was adorable. Also, @Quincunx you forgot a color tag on part of Yuzu's dialogue.
I'll fix that shortly :)

Those terms definitely came out of left field. I don't really object to it, though. Just slightly annoyed at the lack of discussion surrounding them.

Finally posted. I'm not exactly sure how to go about this all, since I don't remember us ever establishing the time of day this was happening, or even what day of the week, so I tried to keep it vague and adaptable.

It's my turn again, but I'm a little behind on where I'm supposed to go with these terms. Being a veteran, Anna obviously "knows" them, but I most certainly don't. If you would be so kind as to summarize, please?

It's my turn again, but I'm a little behind on where I'm supposed to go with these terms. Being a veteran, Anna obviously "knows" them, but I most certainly don't. If you would be so kind as to summarize, please?
Are you asking me to give my interpretation as GM, or asking @Boo Girlie BoomBoom directly? The new ideas came out of left field for me as well, but I found them acceptable additions, so I didn't want to veto them.

@everyone In the future, though, I prefer if people ask before they bring in new setting info like the gear sets and data transmission devices. Odds are that I'll be fine with it, but I like being asked.

Are you asking me to give my interpretation as GM, or asking @Boo Girlie BoomBoom directly? The new ideas came out of left field for me as well, but I found them acceptable additions, so I didn't want to veto them.

@everyone In the future, though, I prefer if people ask before they bring in new setting info like the gear sets and data transmission devices. Odds are that I'll be fine with it, but I like being asked.
Both, really.

Both, really.
What I thought when I read it was:
  • Every Shadow has a collection of gear - modeling the "set template" off of Sangria, that would mean a weapon (Escalation), an accessory (cyber-angelic wings), and a secure communication/data storage device (tiara). There might be some room for more items as well, whether as something they have from the beginning or later as an upgrade.
  • Gear follows a theme related to the Shadow's powers and general aesthetic.
  • Gear exists in Umbra as "enchanted" datamanced items that are very hard to replicate due to the complex details of their code. That said, I think it might be a good idea to get them some gear that can be accessed outside virtual reality.

• Useful
Reactions: Wolfsbane706
  • Every Shadow has a collection of gear - modeling the "set template" off of Sangria, that would mean a weapon (Escalation), an accessory (cyber-angelic wings), and a secure communication/data storage device (tiara). There might be some room for more items as well, whether as something they have from the beginning or later as an upgrade.
  • Gear exists in Umbra as "enchanted" datamanced items that are very hard to replicate due to the complex details of their code. That said, I think it might be a good idea to get them some gear that can be accessed outside virtual reality.
^this

Alright, next question: can the Shadows mod their gear?

Alright, next question: can the Shadows mod their gear?
They can make small changes on their own - small physical changes, changes related to the Shadow's elemental theme, cosmetic details such as appearance changes, and depending on whether it's applicable, remove limits to "overclock" their gear (with potential drawbacks depending on the gear's specific ability).

However, larger changes would require a datamancer. Eri can do it most easily since her code generated the Shadows' gear, but any sufficiently skilled datamancer could do it - it'd just take more time and effort. Because the gear is linked to the Shadows' VR personas, it would require them to mentally consent to their gear being modded.

To use Onyx Shadow's flail as an example, changes Onyx could achieve without a datamancer include:
  • Setting the flail aflame
  • Increasing its size, as long as she can still carry it with two hands
  • Changing its color or style
  • Creating an infinitely long chain that could not possibly be wielded with a real-life flail (overclock)
Onyx would need a datamancer in order to:
  • Change the flail into a different weapon type
  • Give the flail a function not related to lava (her elemental motif)
If this makes sense to everyone, I'm going to copy it into the Lore section.

• Love
They can make small changes on their own - small physical changes, changes related to the Shadow's elemental theme, cosmetic details such as appearance changes, and depending on whether it's applicable, remove limits to "overclock" their gear (with potential drawbacks depending on the gear's specific ability).

However, larger changes would require a datamancer. Eri can do it most easily since her code generated the Shadows' gear, but any sufficiently skilled datamancer could do it - it'd just take more time and effort. Because the gear is linked to the Shadows' VR personas, it would require them to mentally consent to their gear being modded.

To use Onyx Shadow's flail as an example, changes Onyx could achieve without a datamancer include:
  • Setting the flail aflame
  • Increasing its size, as long as she can still carry it with two hands
  • Changing its color or style
  • Creating an infinitely long chain that could not possibly be wielded with a real-life flail (overclock)
Onyx would need a datamancer in order to:
  • Change the flail into a different weapon type
  • Give the flail a function not related to lava (her elemental motif)
If this makes sense to everyone, I'm going to copy it into the Lore section.
Last question: Do you think Yuzu is capable of modding Gear, or is she not skilled enough yet?

Last question: Do you think Yuzu is capable of modding Gear, or is she not skilled enough yet?
Yuzu can. It'd take a minimum of several dedicated hours, though (as opposed to Eri's mods taking a few minutes at most).

• Useful
@Wolfsbane706

I am waiting on you to post. If there's any more information I need to provide about gear or other details, let me know!

Posted! @Boo Girlie BoomBoom I did not forget about Sangria; I simply was not sure what thread to involve her in. Give me a bit (few days maximum) and I'll have something based on her CS.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
Status
Not open for further replies.