1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Magical girl, action, science fiction
Last edited:
Reactions: Blighted_Agent
Thanks for the heads-up, almighty GM.
I'm fine with using this thread but if people need an alternative, recommend setting up a discord server.

Hey~hey~^^!!

All good with hangin out here on site OoC. Kinda social'd out right now :/

So questions:

When was the last uprising/resistance movement like if there even was one?
Is there an ongoing secret resistance movement that teens can join?
Is it just school or are there some other ways we know of how Henzai is brainwashing educating the kiddies?
How long have our charries been together? Are we called Datamancers too?

Like just wanna check before writing up a charrie Thanks ya! :]

I don't suppose I could get the code for that pre-written out? I'm not good at BBcode.
Here you go:

Code:
[tabs=][tab=ID]
Name:
Picture: (remember that Henzai only allows citizens to wear shades of gray + black and white)
Appearance details: (height, mannerisms, and/or other things the picture doesn't communicate)
[/tab][tab=Persona]
Personality:
Favorite things: (optional)
[/tab][tab=Life]
Activities: (things they might do when not in Umbra, such as an occupation - I will use these to add details to the plot)
Home: (a short description is fine)
Family: (names and relations are all that are required)
History: (be as brief or detailed as you wish)
[/tab][tab=Shadow]
Picture: (the Neon Shadows would preferably wear brightly colored clothing as part of the rebellion against Henzai; their physical appearance can and probably should be wildly different from their "real" form as this is the secret illegal internet)
Shadow color: (their "magical girl name" is [Color] Shadow)
Motif: (an element that forms their attacks)
Weapon: (can be anything, from a sword to a gun to a magic wand to a tennis racket)
Special attacks: (only names are required)
[/tab][/tabs]

• Thank You
Reactions: Wolfsbane706
I'd just like to point out that my two usual go-to professions/hobbies for this girl are extremely colorful, so I'm gonna have to come up with something drab. Like waitressing lol.

Hey guys, it turns out I forgot to watch this thread. I will give proper replies to everything this evening. <3

Thanks for the heads-up, almighty GM.
I'm fine with using this thread but if people need an alternative, recommend setting up a discord server.
I recommend Discord as well.
I am reluctant to use Discord due to bad experiences I've had with it in the past. However, if all of y'all really don't like having an OOC thread, I will set up a server.

Hey~hey~^^!!

All good with hangin out here on site OoC. Kinda social'd out right now :/

So questions:

When was the last uprising/resistance movement like if there even was one?
Is there an ongoing secret resistance movement that teens can join?
Is it just school or are there some other ways we know of how Henzai is brainwashing educating the kiddies?
How long have our charries been together? Are we called Datamancers too?

Like just wanna check before writing up a charrie Thanks ya! :]

There have been small uprisings/resistances, quashed by the surveillance and police drones. To date, the main resistance movement is the one that formed Umbra, and it's only set up its VR net recently (a few months ago). However, the movement has lasted several years, due to very good operational security.

Umbra's movement would be that resistance, but I'm entertaining the idea of another movement, this one led by youth.

School is the primary brainwashing mechanism, but Henzai works covertly with a few religious movements.

If it's okay with everyone, the charas will all meet in Umbra. However, I'm not opposed to other ways for them to meet, and it would be cool if there were some pre-established relationships like friendships that happened before meeting in Umbra.

Datamancers are kind of like hackers, but they can play with the fiber of virtual reality, rather than what we know as computers today. Experienced datamancers keep Umbra looking and functioning the way it should. The datamancer that turns the girls into Shadows is a master, and incorporates traditional hacking techniques into her datamancy so she can give the girls Henzai-fighting capabilities.

I'd just like to point out that my two usual go-to professions/hobbies for this girl are extremely colorful, so I'm gonna have to come up with something drab. Like waitressing lol.
If you want, I can help you think of jobs. Like, in an early 1x1 incarnation of this, there was a girl who restored old video games in the electronica junkyard, and a girl who archived Japanese history and traditions.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
Actually that gives me an idea. Though I'll still need an idea or two for hobbies, I may have something for that, too.

Reactions: Mollisol
Actually that gives me an idea. Though I'll still need an idea or two for hobbies, I may have something for that, too.
I'll give you some time to get a WIP in place :)

So, two questions. A: Is it alright if I approach this as sort of a cyberpunk thing, and B: What's the main method of transportation?

So, two questions. A: Is it alright if I approach this as sort of a cyberpunk thing, and B: What's the main method of transportation?
I designed it with the cyberpunk genre in mind, so it's probably alright, but I think I'd like to hear more about what you mean by "approach this as a sort of cyberpunk thing". And there are cars, but most people walk, bike, or use trains.

I designed it with the cyberpunk genre in mind, so it's probably alright, but I think I'd like to hear more about what you mean by "approach this as a sort of cyberpunk thing". And there are cars, but most people walk, bike, or use trains.
Basically, Blade Runner with magical girls. Lots of abandoned tech to scavenge.

Basically, Blade Runner with magical girls. Lots of abandoned tech to scavenge.
There are junkyards, both conventional and electronica, so there's plenty to scavenge.

@Wolfsbane706 I know this wasn't mentioned in the lore, and I apologize for that, but under Henzai, it's nigh-impossible for foreigners to immigrate to Japan (considering that even today, it's very difficult). I would also say that exchange students are out of the picture, due to Henzai wanting to keep potentially threatening ideas out of its society. If Anna is not ethnically Japanese (I'm judging by her name), her history should provide a reason for her/her family to be in Henzai no Kuni.

(I don't wanna tell you "your character has to be this specific race" because 1) that's restrictive and 2) I'm aware that bringing up race can stir up bad things. That said, Japan is nearly 100% ethnically Japanese people, it's already very hard to immigrate there, and it makes more sense for Henzai to isolate its society from outsiders than to take them in. So I'm not gonna say a blanket no, but I think it's reasonable to ask that you provide a reason in her history.)

@Wolfsbane706 I know this wasn't mentioned in the lore, and I apologize for that, but under Henzai, it's nigh-impossible for foreigners to immigrate to Japan (considering that even today, it's very difficult). I would also say that exchange students are out of the picture, due to Henzai wanting to keep potentially threatening ideas out of its society. If Anna is not ethnically Japanese (I'm judging by her name), her history should provide a reason for her/her family to be in Henzai no Kuni.

(I don't wanna tell you "your character has to be this specific race" because 1) that's restrictive and 2) I'm aware that bringing up race can stir up bad things. That said, Japan is nearly 100% ethnically Japanese people, it's already very hard to immigrate there, and it makes more sense for Henzai to isolate its society from outsiders than to take them in. So I'm not gonna say a blanket no, but I think it's reasonable to ask that you provide a reason in her history.)
I'll see if I can't work out a reason for her father to be there (and by extension, his daughter). Say, he's a lead programmer for the VR thing? The friction between the two could be his devotion to Henzai ideology while Anna takes a more rebellious approach.

I'll see if I can't work out a reason for her father to be there (and by extension, his daughter). Say, he's a lead programmer for the VR thing? The friction between the two could be his devotion to Henzai ideology while Anna takes a more rebellious approach.
Hmm, works for me! There are other (more legal) VR networks than Umbra, so that sounds good.

• Thank You
Hmm, works for me! There are other (more legal) VR networks than Umbra, so that sounds good.
And actually, this makes me think of another plot thread, one I'd like to pass by you in private.

EDIT: Updated the profile to include the history. It's a little disjointed, but I think it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.