Status
Not open for further replies.
Gilgamesh took the next while to simply sit back and observe, it seemed his yelling incident had gotten relatively little attention... Shows just how worked up everyone is if a Guy yelling a ton of death wishes while throwing weapons out of the Gates of Babylon can barely make an impression. As he observed there two main things of note for him. First, Reece had now stuck up for her sister as well and with her intervention the situation was mostly resolved. Secondly, Deoxys finally spoke up in his defence... and brought up some very good points. Though he already allowed his own vote to waver quite a bit, so he'd keep it the same for now until voting was closer to being over.

He then slowly got himself up and approached the group surrounding Frank, Ryan and Reece. Once he got there he asked Reece "So, while we're figuring out this vote now might be a good time to continue discussing Casters in your land. If anything it should help clear your names of this act". However admitingly he was just looking for something to distract him and pass the time at this point, outbursts like the ones he had probably weren't helping the situation at all.

@Crimson Spartan @BarrenThin @Jeremi @DapperDogman @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Thuro The Assassin Potato @Hospes @Everyone​

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
"Could it be Stubbs? I mean, he's Rotten Flesh, and that produces Methane. Gas can't light gas as far as I'm aware." Percy turned to Annabeth. Annabeth remained silent.
tumblr_nsq61mWix71s307p6o1_500.gif

"Gas lamps are lit by a substance," Mari answered, "not by gas alone. So that substance in combination with Stubb's gas could start a fire?" She shrugged though. "But it does not make much difference now, does it? It seems the votes are going towards the young man."

tumblr_inline_n7swfiH4sd1suuiq8.png

So this is the boy... He stepped into the shadows and kept quiet, watching the apparent brother of Sakura. For somewhere of an apparently noble house, he seemed rather... ungentlemanly, inconsiderate, brash, and obnixous. Or in one word, an ass. For now though, he stayed out of the high schooler's way, not wishing to be discovered.

That didn't mean he didn't also grab a candle holder to hold in one of his hands just in case things came to blows.

tumblr_inline_navtwvWgcD1sfvecc.jpg

Robin stared intently at the inscription, as if trying to unlock some sort of hidden secret of the universe. His hands did not move nor did his breath make a sound, all of his focus on the riddle before them. Finally, a twitch of a smirk came to him as a possible solution presented itself, "It took me a few seconds to figure out, but try six PM for the first one, then 12 AM for the second."
k2sB1sP.png

"Hmm, alright then," Illya would nod, attempting to do as he said and move the clock hands around, though to no avail, as it would seem that they wouldn't budge, clicking her tongue in mild frustration, "It's no good. I wonder if it has to do with the missing gears in the clock," she would comment.

- - -

Meanwhile, on Minato's end, while the young man would go around searching for Sakura, another party would suddenly appear, grabbing the blue-haired teen from behind and pinning him against the wall with inhuman strength. A feminine figure who held him by the back of his neck with one hand, and held his arm tightly behind his back with the other.

gzKqcMR.png

"It seems a rat has escaped," the woman commented, "Call for help, and your life will end."

"Huh? What was that?" The young man from the other room asked, marching right on over to where Minato had become pinned, raising an eyebrow, "Who the hell are you? Are you one of those subjects the damned old man brought up?" He questioned, leaning in and attempting to examine him.

@The Tactician

tumblr_nsq61mWix71s307p6o1_500.gif

"Gas lamps are lit by a substance," Mari answered, "not by gas alone. So that substance in combination with Stubb's gas could start a fire?" She shrugged though. "But it does not make much difference now, does it? It seems the votes are going towards the young man."

"Err..." Percy was a bit confused. He nervously looked around.

"She's right, Seaweed Brain!" Annabeth said. "That's how you get the flame. It's a lot like the flame in a Flamethrower."

Reactions: Mari
2448.jpg

Saber hated to leave someone who seemed to have a terrible time of adjusting to this. More so than any of the others appeared to be. But something about Lon'qu's statement worried Saber. Turning toward Lon'qu as he started to walk off, Saber called out to him.

"Lon'qu? Please, hold for a moment." If Lon'qu heard Saber's request and heeded it, she made her way over to him and placed a hand onto his shoulder. "I understand the pain of loss all too well, my friend. Especially of those who we see as being close to us. It's always painful and we all have different reactions. Like the girl you saw me attempt to comfort. I'll be honest and say that my place has always felt to be the battlefield and not against an enemy that I cannot see and that lurks within our own ranks."

Her cheeks grew tinged at the mention of how Lon'qu both considered her and Shirou valuable contributions to the team. Quite honestly, Saber wasn't sure what they had done so far to achieve such praise. She could have wielded the mightiest sword in all of the lands, greater than any of the so-called treasures that Gilgamesh held. But none of it helped the children who had to look upon the corpses of their friends. Nor did it help Max adjust to the gravity of the situation. But at the very least, Saber had tried to do what was best for the girl and lent a helping hand where it was allowed.

"It's...Pleasing to hear you say that. Honestly, I feel limited in my capacity to truly help you and your fellows. But if you still wish to keep us along, I promise that when an opportunity presents itself, I will aid however I can. But Lon? There is something I believe you mentioned when you approached the other girls and I. You mentioned someone that you lost long ago? Would you be willing to speak of it? I can understand if now's not the best time for such a talk. But I thought if it might help you."

Helping Max and Lon'qu felt like Saber was doing something to assist. It was more than she felt she'd been doing for her master who was still standing at the side of the bridge, looking over it with his face filled with dread.

"..What's wrong, Shirou?"

Is what Saber would have wanted nothing more than to have asked her master. But he had made it very clear that he just desired a moment or two to think to himself. While Shirou's well being both in the physical and mental state were one of her high priorities, she was also his friend and would respect his wishes when he made them clear.

Shirou was still just reeling from the fact that the killers had left their victims wide out in the open like this. To fuel the inevitable finger pointing it'd bring about and the fact that even the child, the very one that Shirou had not desired to see such violence was not above suspicion tied his stomach in knots. It just brought back those undesirable memories of so long ago. The city burning, so many people killed. But yet it was not his time to go as someone pulled through the rubble to find him.

episode-image-320x180.jpg

"..One of you is still alive."

Shirou's grip on the bridge's rails grew tighter at the thought of those memories dragging themselves back up to the surface of Shirou's subconscious. He may not have known who was behind these Murder Games. But he knew one thing was for certain as he glanced out in the distance.

1435246513245_image.jpg

"No more lives will have to suffer. We'll find who's responsible and they'll pay. Not just for the lives they've ruined here. But all of the people who had to die just for the sake this twisted game of death and deciet. I'll live up to your legacy, Kiritsugu and be the hero of justice that you desired. The first task will be stopping this charade. I promise I'll make you proud."

Slow-Clap.gif~c200

Stubbs was kinda-sorta glad the votes had swayed over from Deoxys to the other guy. For as little of a conversation as he held with the alien, Stubb's point still held true in his opinion. He was a zombie, and Deoxys was an alien and how did the general populace react to them? Like strangers in a strange land.

Oh and this girl could shout with such gusto. That alone deserved some applause.

@Krieg @OrlandoBloomers @C.T. @Crimson Spartan

Lon'qu halted his current actions and turned to face Saber. Donny on the other hand walked away to give them some time. What he didn't expect was her to lay a hand on his shoulder as she spoke.

He froze in place as a mix of embarrassment and his nerves of being in close proximity of a girl causing him to blush slightly. For a minute or so he was dead silent as Saber had asked him about the one he couldn't save. It was almost as if he wasn't going to tell her but then he opens his mouth to speak.

"....Some time ago....I had a friend named Ke'ri back when I lived in Chon'sin. S-She was my closest friend a-and probably my only friend.....One day bandits attack and she..." he froze again his fear eating away at him as shame begins to show through him. "S-She was killed.....Because I couldn't protect her.....Because I was weak......" Another pause as he took a deep breath to try and calm himself down that clearly failed. "Her parents blamed me and I fled Chon'sin......Ke'ri's death still haunts me to this day......If only I was stronger.....I could've protected her......If only..." Lon'qu looked like he was about to break down but he held it all in and composed himself. "You now know why I don't like to be around females....I can't let another one die because I couldn't protect them......" Lon'qu had spoken explaining all of this to Saber.

At first glance Lon'qu was merely a man who wielded a sword but once someone got through his barriers they learn much more about him. Saber seems to have gotten through said barriers and now she sees who Lon'qu really was. He was just a broken man who is haunted by his past. At this point Lon'qu couldn't even look Saber in the eyes as he looked straight down at the ground. His fear and shame eating away at him. Sure the parents of Ke'ri had forgiven him later on but he couldn't forgive himself.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @Iain'tgoodatthisfeelsstuffsobearwithmeXD

Last edited:
k2sB1sP.png

"Hmm, alright then," Illya would nod, attempting to do as he said and move the clock hands around, though to no avail, as it would seem that they wouldn't budge, clicking her tongue in mild frustration, "It's no good. I wonder if it has to do with the missing gears in the clock," she would comment.

- - -

Meanwhile, on Minato's end, while the young man would go around searching for Sakura, another party would suddenly appear, grabbing the blue-haired teen from behind and pinning him against the wall with inhuman strength. A feminine figure who held him by the back of his neck with one hand, and held his arm tightly behind his back with the other.

gzKqcMR.png

"It seems a rat has escaped," the woman commented, "Call for help, and your life will end."

"Huh? What was that?" The young man from the other room asked, marching right on over to where Minato had become pinned, raising an eyebrow, "Who the hell are you? Are you one of those subjects the damned old man brought up?" He questioned, leaning in and attempting to examine him.

@The Tactician
tYpqFDI3z3cbTtCis_ppJvEIv_kqqCedDpuueRVF-Xk

Minato bit back a yelp as the woman suddenly sprung her trap, his arm twisted into an awful position. As the woman spoke to him, he knew he was in a serious bind. However, he didn't seem afraid for some odd reason. This wasn't the way he had expected things to go, but he could still work with it somehow... Until the young man began speaking to him.

"No, I'm the guy who delivered his mobility scooter, idiot. Tell me, do you always ask idiotic questions with obvious answers, or did you choose to be extra stupid today?"

The implied abuse of Sakura appeared to have painted a very negative picture of the boy in Minato's eyes.

tumblr_inline_navtwkGeFl1sfvecc.jpg

"Then perhaps we should check the room where Minato went? He may have found the gears or something useful," Robin suggested as he walked towards the other room. He stopped at the entrance and looked in, only to see the scene of a woman holding Minato to a wall and another blue-haired individual leaning in on him. Aaaannnndddd the fun has just started, hasn't it...? Fate just likes to laugh at me and my misfortunes.

ughh_zpscv6c6rdf.jpg

AFTER THINKING IT OVER WITH MY GOOD FRIEND, I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, WILL CAST JUDGMENT ON PYRO.

ughhhhhhhhhhhh_zpsfuceejfj.png

AFTER ALL, PYRO... THAT'S LIKE FIRE, RIGHT?!!

ughhhh_zpstmahd1ul.jpg

BUT MAYBE THEY DIDN'T MEAN TO HURT THEM? MAYBE, UH... THEY WERE TRYING TO MAKE SPAGHETTI AND MESSED IT UP? IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD?

ughhhhhhhhhhhh_zpsfuceejfj.png

YOU'RE RIGHT... IT WOULDN'T BE THE FIRST TIME SOMETHING LIKE THAT'S HAPPENED, NYEH HEH HEH!!!!

ughh_zpscv6c6rdf.jpg

FLOWERS ARE SUCH GOOD FRIENDS! THEY'RE SO SMART AND HELPFUL!!!

@evry1lmao

tYpqFDI3z3cbTtCis_ppJvEIv_kqqCedDpuueRVF-Xk

Minato bit back a yelp as the woman suddenly sprung her trap, his arm twisted into an awful position. As the woman spoke to him, he knew he was in a serious bind. However, he didn't seem afraid for some odd reason. This wasn't the way he had expected things to go, but he could still work with it somehow... Until the young man began speaking to him.

"No, I'm the guy who delivered his mobility scooter, idiot. Tell me, do you always ask idiotic questions with obvious answers, or did you choose to be extra stupid today?"

The implied abuse of Sakura appeared to have painted a very negative picture of the boy in Minato's eyes.

tumblr_inline_navtwkGeFl1sfvecc.jpg

"Then perhaps we should check the room where Minato went? He may have found the gears or something useful," Robin suggested as he walked towards the other room. He stopped at the entrance and looked in, only to see the scene of a woman holding Minato to a wall and another blue-haired individual leaning in on him. Aaaannnndddd the fun has just started, hasn't it...? Fate just likes to laugh at me and my misfortunes.
ImvHBRe.png

"Aha, a wise guy, huh? You know what I do to wise guys around here? I do this!" He exclaimed, sending a punch into Minato's face while the woman continued to hold him in place firmly, apparently deciding to have none of that aggression his way. Meanwhile, Illya stayed quiet for now, watching the scene unfold alongside Robin.

XlCR3OQ.png

"You think you can just talk to me like that, punk?! Huh?! Who the hell do you think you are?! You think you can just speak to me, Shinji Matou, like that?!" He exclaimed irritably, "How 'bout you beg for your life, and I won't have to ask Rider here to rip out your eye sockets and stick 'em up your ass?!"

"... You can really tell the Matou have degraded over time with this kind of family," Illya commented softly behind the scenes.

@The Tactician

"...Maybe?" She'd never met an esper with a glass ability, but it wouldn't be all that strange. Well, Misaka put herself out there, for some reason. Though it was obvious enough anyway, with those sparks flying out from her all the time. "I super don't have any of those powers. I guess that skeleton was right with the names, but I super think Deoxys is a possibility too. It can super use telekinesis, I think. Don't super strain yourself trying to think, just leave it to the adults," said the 12 year old.

@Hospes @Atomyk @BarrenThin @i think we're just one big group atm so whatever​

6267aeb3a5.jpg

Ryan wanted to say something.. But her brain was on total shutdown, now. She'd lost her ability to even.

"..Okay..."

@Kaykay @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Gummi Bunnies @The crew​

ImvHBRe.png

"Aha, a wise guy, huh? You know what I do to wise guys around here? I do this!" He exclaimed, sending a punch into Minato's face while the woman continued to hold him in place firmly, apparently deciding to have none of that aggression his way. Meanwhile, Illya stayed quiet for now, watching the scene unfold alongside Robin.

XlCR3OQ.png

"You think you can just talk to me like that, punk?! Huh?! Who the hell do you think you are?! You think you can just speak to me, Shinji Matou, like that?!" He exclaimed irritably, "How 'bout you beg for your life, and I won't have to ask Rider here to rip out your eye sockets and stick 'em up your ass?!"

"... You can really tell the Matou have degraded over time with this kind of family," Illya commented softly behind the scenes.

@The Tactician
tumblr_inline_navtx04TFZ1sfvecc.jpg

"Agreed... If this is what the family is looking forward to as its head, then I think I see even darker times ahead."

For a few moments, Robin continued to keep back, wanting to observe their foe a bit more before moving in.

qxhhZCyzAGd2KiRKya7VqUlTFqPHFlWlgQ-ptbJnPuE

His teeth grind together as he took the blow easily. A bruise might form later, but he could live with that. Besides, he had a feeling it was going to be worth the risk.

"Funny... You call me the punk... But you're the one throwing punches and screaming right now..." A cocky smirk crossed his lips as he spoke, trying to keep Shinji's attention on him. He knew that the others were still in the other room, and unaware of what was going on as far as he knew (though Shinji's yelling had to alert them at some point). If they were caught off guard... There went his chances of surviving "For a brat of some noble family... You're pretty disappointing. You can't even throw a decent punch. How about you tell your servant to let me go, and I'll show you how someone who isn't overcompensating punches?"

Robin took a few light steps forward, knowing that Minato may have lit the spark to cause the Matou heir to explode in rage. Hopefully, he wouldn't mind being tackled if push came to shove.

Gilgamesh took the next while to simply sit back and observe, it seemed his yelling incident had gotten relatively little attention... Shows just how worked up everyone is if a Guy yelling a ton of death wishes while throwing weapons out of the Gates of Babylon can barely make an impression. As he observed there two main things of note for him. First, Reece had now stuck up for her sister as well and with her intervention the situation was mostly resolved. Secondly, Deoxys finally spoke up in his defence... and brought up some very good points. Though he already allowed his own vote to waver quite a bit, so he'd keep it the same for now until voting was closer to being over.

He then slowly got himself up and approached the group surrounding Frank, Ryan and Reece. Once he got there he asked Reece "So, while we're figuring out this vote now might be a good time to continue discussing Casters in your land. If anything it should help clear your names of this act". However admitingly he was just looking for something to distract him and pass the time at this point, outbursts like the ones he had probably weren't helping the situation at all.

@Crimson Spartan @BarrenThin @Jeremi @DapperDogman @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Thuro The Assassin Potato @Hospes @Everyone​

Reece, who had more or less been watching the folk around Ryan like a hawk while she thought about possibilities of traitors like the overprotective failure big sister she was, seemed to be deep in thought when Gilgamesh addressed her. So many people were voting Pyro.. But something just felt off about that, to the Caster. There's no way it could be that easy.. The percentage of a chance that this was a thorough frame job..- Andddd that thought became derailed by the new question at hand. Slowly, the Sybil dragged her eyes off of her sister and company, moving to Gilgamesh once again.

76779a9cde.jpg

There wasn't even the slightest hesitation from the blonde. "While I don't see why you have the desire to try to clear my name.. as you wish. Whatever it is you wish to know, I can happily answer," was her rather simple response. Slowly, her eyes moved away again, analyzing the others. Her next words were spoken with a little more uncertainty. "..Something isn't right, here, though. It's too easy for it to just be some boy who obviously has the perfect ability for this murder, isn't it?" she asked the King of Heroes, clearly unnerved. "It doesn't feel right for it to be that.. simple," she said, practically under her breath.

@Gen. Gwazi Senpai @Thuro The Assassin Potato @Crimson Spartan @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Whoever​

tumblr_inline_navtx04TFZ1sfvecc.jpg

"Agreed... If this is what the family is looking forward to as its head, then I think I see even darker times ahead."

For a few moments, Robin continued to keep back, wanting to observe their foe a bit more before moving in.

qxhhZCyzAGd2KiRKya7VqUlTFqPHFlWlgQ-ptbJnPuE

His teeth grind together as he took the blow easily. A bruise might form later, but he could live with that. Besides, he had a feeling it was going to be worth the risk.

"Funny... You call me the punk... But you're the one throwing punches and screaming right now..." A cocky smirk crossed his lips as he spoke, trying to keep Shinji's attention on him. He knew that the others were still in the other room, and unaware of what was going on as far as he knew (though Shinji's yelling had to alert them at some point). If they were caught off guard... There went his chances of surviving "For a brat of some noble family... You're pretty disappointing. You can't even throw a decent punch. How about you tell your servant to let me go, and I'll show you how someone who isn't overcompensating punches?"

Robin took a few light steps forward, knowing that Minato may have lit the spark to cause the Matou heir to explode in rage. Hopefully, he wouldn't mind being tackled if push came to shove.​
UeeA4p0.png

"Aha, you think you can just play me for a fool like that? Sorry, I don't take my chances. I'd rather make sure everything goes just the way I want it," Shinji responded, though one could tell that he was certainly tempted to have the Servant, Rider, let him go so that he could handle Minato himself, "How'd you get out of the facility anyway? Tch, I bet it was that fucking bitch. I knew Sakura stole my damn key. When I'm done with you... when I get my hands on her..."

"You will do no such thing," Illya would suddenly pipe up, blowing her cover along with Robin's, stepping out into the open for Shinji to see, "You're not going to harm her. We'll make sure of that. Right, Robin?"

@The Tactician

The sudden shift in votes...Oh, but of course it was like how Kizaru said from the beginning. "Fire was used...then obviously Pyro did it. Yeah that makes perfect sense actually..."

• Useful
Reactions: Atomyk
"Err..." Percy was a bit confused. He nervously looked around.

"She's right, Seaweed Brain!" Annabeth said. "That's how you get the flame. It's a lot like the flame in a Flamethrower."

Mari sighed softly. Just when she had some belief that this boy would prove to be something more, he would be like that. "Yes, at least Annabeth understands, though no one else thinks so. And it does not matter at this point. I hope that everyone else is correct in their judgment." She realized she could change her vote as well but it did not seem to matter, given the vote totals at the moment.

@The Silver Paladin

UeeA4p0.png

"Aha, you think you can just play me for a fool like that? Sorry, I don't take my chances. I'd rather make sure everything goes just the way I want it," Shinji responded, though one could tell that he was certainly tempted to have the Servant, Rider, let him go so that he could handle Minato himself, "How'd you get out of the facility anyway? Tch, I bet it was that fucking bitch. I knew Sakura stole my damn key. When I'm done with you... when I get my hands on her..."

"You will do no such thing," Illya would suddenly pipe up, blowing her cover along with Robin's, stepping out into the open for Shinji to see, "You're not going to harm her. We'll make sure of that. Right, Robin?"

@The Tactician
tumblr_inline_nifrcxZl0O1sfvecc.jpg

"Agreed, Miss Illya," Robin complied and smirked as he stepped forward, "Matou, release our companion. You're currently striking an ally of the Church," A risky ploy, but Minato had mentioned at some point that his lover was a nun, "I wonder how they would feel knowing that your family has been misusing its magic... Draining others of their powers to fuel your ambitions... I think the Inquisition might have competition for brutality."

tumblr_inline_mydx6qBPh91qg734k.png

For his part, Minato simply remained silent. He wished Robin hadn't revealed that bit of background on him, but in this situation... He would make an exception. At least this gave him time to think of Ilona, Ryan, and Ciel in peace. Guess I'll have to make up for dying at some point... A new sword for Ilona, flowers for Ryan's hair for at least a year, and maybe curry and lots of apologies for Ciel, she's hard to make happy at times like this. Yeah, that should get me out of the dog house.

Reece, who had more or less been watching the folk around Ryan like a hawk while she thought about possibilities of traitors like the overprotective failure big sister she was, seemed to be deep in thought when Gilgamesh addressed her. So many people were voting Pyro.. But something just felt off about that, to the Caster. There's no way it could be that easy.. The percentage of a chance that this was a thorough frame job..- Andddd that thought became derailed by the new question at hand. Slowly, the Sybil dragged her eyes off of her sister and company, moving to Gilgamesh once again.

There wasn't even the slightest hesitation from the blonde. "While I don't see why you have the desire to try to clear my name.. as you wish. Whatever it is you wish to know, I can happily answer," was her rather simple response. Slowly, her eyes moved away again, analyzing the others. Her next words were spoken with a little more uncertainty. "..Something isn't right, here, though. It's too easy for it to just be some boy who obviously has the perfect ability for this murder, isn't it?" she asked the King of Heroes, clearly unnerved. "It doesn't feel right for it to be that.. simple," she said, practically under her breath.​
She also had a good point, damn these votes were exhausting. He decided to drop the magic talk for now and responded "So, you're suggesting this Killer is a Master of framing people... Or taking control of people" his suspicions immediately turning back to Mr.Negative. "Hmph! The Mongrel! Whoever they are! Unable to accept their own actions, feigning behind others like a coward!". Then after a pause Gilgamesh stated "Though like I suggested earlier... It could be him, and it being so obvious could be a ploy to make us think he was framed". Damn these Murder Games, there was almost no way to know the truth at the moment, thankfully though no one was actually being killed through their voting, so it's not as if they were forced to jump to permanent conclusions.

• Useful
Mari sighed softly. Just when she had some belief that this boy would prove to be something more, he would be like that. "Yes, at least Annabeth understands, though no one else thinks so. And it does not matter at this point. I hope that everyone else is correct in their judgment." She realized she could change her vote as well but it did not seem to matter, given the vote totals at the moment.

@The Silver Paladin

Percy sighed and hung his head. "It seems obvious, though, but I guess we have no other choice." He said "someone who can control fire."

She also had a good point, damn these votes were exhausting. He decided to drop the magic talk for now and responded "So, you're suggesting this Killer is a Master of framing people... Or taking control of people" his suspicions immediately turning back to Mr.Negative. "Hmph! The Mongrel! Whoever they are! Unable to accept their own actions, feigning behind others like a coward!". Then after a pause Gilgamesh stated "Though like I suggested earlier... It could be him, and it being so obvious could be a ploy to make us think he was framed". Damn these Murder Games, there was almost no way to know the truth at the moment, thankfully though no one was actually being killed through their voting, so it's not as if they were forced to jump to permanent conclusions.

Reece could only shrug slightly, rubbing her face slightly. "Well.. There's no way of being certain until the vote has been conducted, is there?" she replied, seeming almost.. Frustrated. "It just feels much too easy to have it be as simple as that, you know?" she added, biting her lower lip slightly and shaking her head. This... 'game', had hardly even started, and it was already driving Reece crazy. This was ridiculous; and it wasn't helping that her youngest sibling had already been accused once. If they wanted to vote a Caster, they should've placed a vote on me. Not a child that shouldn't even be here.

Gilgamesh also brought up a good point. "Well.. Yes, that's certainly a possibility. Of course, with either of those options, the killer would require at least some intelligence.. Either that, or it really is someone obvious, and they killed blindly without so much as thinking over whether they'd get caught for that recklessness or not.." she mused. Man, why was this so complicated? With a shuddering breath, Reece ran a hand back through her neat blonde hair, seeming frustrated. "This is just.. Horrible," she stated, obviously rubbed up the wrong way. "As though this situation itself wasn't bad enough.. Whoever is responsible for this has dragged children here. My sister.. She's hardly ten. And it seems that there are others looking to be anywhere from eleven to seventeen... They shouldn't have to go through this. Nobody should."

..Gah.

@Gen. Gwazi Senpai @Crimson Spartan @Thuro The Assassin Potato @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @DapperDogman @Everyone​

Lon'qu halted his current actions and turned to face Saber. Donny on the other hand walked away to give them some time. What he didn't expect was her to lay a hand on his shoulder as she spoke.

He froze in place as a mix of embarrassment and his nerves of being in close proximity of a girl causing him to blush slightly. For a minute or so he was dead silent as Saber had asked him about the one he couldn't save. It was almost as if he wasn't going to tell her but then he opens his mouth to speak.

"....Some time ago....I had a friend named Ke'ri back when I lived in Chon'sin. S-She was my closest friend a-and probably my only friend.....One day bandits attack and she..." he froze again his fear eating away at him as shame begins to show through him. "S-She was killed.....Because I couldn't protect her.....Because I was weak......" Another pause as he took a deep breath to try and calm himself down that clearly failed. "Her parents blamed me and I fled Chon'sin......Ke'ri's death still haunts me to this day......If only I was stronger.....I could've protected her......If only..." Lon'qu looked like he was about to break down but he held it all in and composed himself. "You now know why I don't like to be around females....I can't let another one die because I couldn't protect them......" Lon'qu had spoken explaining all of this to Saber.

At first glance Lon'qu was merely a man who wielded a sword but once someone got through his barriers they learn much more about him. Saber seems to have gotten through said barriers and now she sees who Lon'qu really was. He was just a broken man who is haunted by his past. At this point Lon'qu couldn't even look Saber in the eyes as he looked straight down at the ground. His fear and shame eating away at him. Sure the parents of Ke'ri had forgiven him later on but he couldn't forgive himself.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @Iain'tgoodatthisfeelsstuffsobearwithmeXD
Saber_sad_672_6769.jpg

Noticing how Lon'qu seemed to freeze up just at Saber's mere touch, she pulled her hand back just as quickly as she had placed it there to begin with. She wasn't out to make the man uncomfortable. But try to help him if he desired it. As he began to speak however, Saber listened intently to his tale, deciding to speak up only when he had finished it.

"...Lon'qu. I understand how hard this must have been for you to share with me. Or to just about anyone. But I want you to rest assured that I do not look down upon you because of any so-so 'weakness' on your part. Your friend's death was a tragedy yes, but you shouldn't let your past failures shackle you down in the present. You can't torture yourself by thinking 'what if I had done this?' or 'If only I could have been stronger.' As much as I hate it, the word doesn't operate on what ifs. I've been around long enough to see that's the truth." She'd sigh and glanced over the bridge and into the water.

"You saw my reaction to one of the blades you wielded back at Shirou's home. The only thing you knew however was they belonged to someone close to me. That's true but there is more to the story than just simply that. I'm sure Gilgamesh in all of his grandiose speeches mentioned the Holy Grail War once or twice so I won't explain to you again. But in the last war, the Berserker of that war was none other than my dearest companion, Lancelot and when I discovered this you may ask? When I had already impaled him with Excalibur." Her eyes closed and she bit her lip at the thought as it bubbled back up to the surface.

images

"He didn't ask to become a Berserker and be seen as nothing more than a mad dog by the others. But while that image still haunts me, I don't let it define who I am now. I'll do whatever I can to make Shirou's dream come true and my fears and worries come second to all of that. What I'm trying to say, Lon'qu is that you've shown to me at least that you're a capable enough warrior in your own right. You shouldn't keep holding yourself back over something that happened in the past. I didn't know the person you lost but I can imagine she wouldn't be pleased with you beating yourself up like this. So let go of your past burdens and look into the future and what it holds for you, Lon'qu. I imagine you'll be much happier with yourself in the long run." She'd say before seeking to place her hand onto his shoulder again, hoping he'd be more comfortable with it this time.

"Do you understand?"

@Crimson Spartan @Krieg @C.T.

Reece could only shrug slightly, rubbing her face slightly. "Well.. There's no way of being certain until the vote has been conducted, is there?" she replied, seeming almost.. Frustrated. "It just feels much too easy to have it be as simple as that, you know?" she added, biting her lower lip slightly and shaking her head. This... 'game', had hardly even started, and it was already driving Reece crazy. This was ridiculous; and it wasn't helping that her youngest sibling had already been accused once. If they wanted to vote a Caster, they should've placed a vote on me. Not a child that shouldn't even be here.

Gilgamesh also brought up a good point. "Well.. Yes, that's certainly a possibility. Of course, with either of those options, the killer would require at least some intelligence.. Either that, or it really is someone obvious, and they killed blindly without so much as thinking over whether they'd get caught for that recklessness or not.." she mused. Man, why was this so complicated? With a shuddering breath, Reece ran a hand back through her neat blonde hair, seeming frustrated. "This is just.. Horrible," she stated, obviously rubbed up the wrong way. "As though this situation itself wasn't bad enough.. Whoever is responsible for this has dragged children here. My sister.. She's hardly ten. And it seems that there are others looking to be anywhere from eleven to seventeen... They shouldn't have to go through this. Nobody should."

..Gah.

@Gen. Gwazi Senpai @Crimson Spartan @Thuro The Assassin Potato @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @DapperDogman @Everyone​
latest

Battler happened to overhear their conversation, thinking it over. Why was this even happening? This Murder Game? Why? He felt a tinge of... understanding when it came to Reece talking about her little sister Ryan, how no one here shouldn't be experiencing something this mundane. At least with the games held in the Metaworld, they were played with illusions, fake personas of real people. Here, there was real people being involved in killings... soemthing that he never wished to be a part of in any way.

The Endless Sorcerer just stayed within his silence, having the great initiative to protect the people around him safe. The need to protect others was something that he wasn't going to ignore, and he wouldn't dare think of ignoring it here.

@Gen. Gwazi Senpai @Crimson Spartan @Thuro The Assassin Potato @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Jeremi @Hospes @DapperDogman @Everyone​

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.