Status
Not open for further replies.

Reece could only shrug slightly, rubbing her face slightly. "Well.. There's no way of being certain until the vote has been conducted, is there?" she replied, seeming almost.. Frustrated. "It just feels much too easy to have it be as simple as that, you know?" she added, biting her lower lip slightly and shaking her head. This... 'game', had hardly even started, and it was already driving Reece crazy. This was ridiculous; and it wasn't helping that her youngest sibling had already been accused once. If they wanted to vote a Caster, they should've placed a vote on me. Not a child that shouldn't even be here.

Gilgamesh also brought up a good point. "Well.. Yes, that's certainly a possibility. Of course, with either of those options, the killer would require at least some intelligence.. Either that, or it really is someone obvious, and they killed blindly without so much as thinking over whether they'd get caught for that recklessness or not.." she mused. Man, why was this so complicated? With a shuddering breath, Reece ran a hand back through her neat blonde hair, seeming frustrated. "This is just.. Horrible," she stated, obviously rubbed up the wrong way. "As though this situation itself wasn't bad enough.. Whoever is responsible for this has dragged children here. My sister.. She's hardly ten. And it seems that there are others looking to be anywhere from eleven to seventeen... They shouldn't have to go through this. Nobody should."

..Gah.
Gilgamesh shrugged and responded,"Hmph! The Killer could be almost anyone right now with how many different theories and 'what ifs' people are having". Then after a pause he tone became much more grim "But there is one thing we know about them, they are cowards who lack honour. They kill comrades from the shadows, and aim to pin the blame on others including little children... When they are discovered they shall pay for this by my own hands. I swear this, onto you and everyone else here" his fist now clenched and shaking. This entire situation, the ruthless and cowardly killers, comrades being effected, Gilgamesh not being on the top of the figurative food chain, it was all messing with his ability to think straight and remain his typical arrogant and calm self.

@Crimson Spartan @BarrenThin @Jeremi @DapperDogman @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Thuro The Assassin Potato @Hospes @Everyone​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Gilgamesh shrugged and responded,"Hmph! The Killer could be almost anyone right now with how many different theories and 'what ifs' people are having". Then after a pause he tone became much more grim "But there is one thing we know about them, they are cowards who lack honour. They kill comrades from the shadows, and aim to pin the blame on others including little children... When they are discovered they shall pay for this by my own hands. I swear this, onto you and everyone else here" his fist now clenched and shaking. This entire situation, the ruthless and cowardly killers, comrades being effected, Gilgamesh not being on the top of the figurative food chain, it was all messing with his ability to think straight and remain his typical arrogant and calm self.

@Crimson Spartan @BarrenThin @Jeremi @DapperDogman @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Thuro The Assassin Potato @Hospes @Everyone​

"Exactly," Reece murmured in response. "That's exactly the problem. There are endless possibilities, and with not everyone fessing up to what their abilities are.. Well, it makes this much more difficult on us," the blonde sighed, clearly very frustrated with this entire situation. Gilgamesh's little speech just made the young woman sigh. "As much as I'd love to see that, and with how wrong all of this is.. I don't think resorting to violence is a good idea. Losing our heads is likely exactly what they want us to do. Giving them attention- even with attacks or torture -, or giving them the 'control' over us that comes with us letting them get to us is more than likely what they want. A lot of killers and psychopaths think that way: that killing or harming others will provide them attention or power," she explained.

6699b8a7ef.jpg

There was a pause, before she continued with a deep frown. "..A much more suiting punishment is leaving them to suffer in silence, stuck with the memories and pain that comes with the recollection of what they've done," she concluded. Regret is certainly the worst punishment of all. For a moment, Reece's jaw clenched, and she turned away. Now, oddly enough, it seemed her frustration with the killing had devolved into frustration with herself. "Da..-" ..Ryan's still right nearby.. And there are other children around, too. "..-ng it all. If this gruesome game hadn't tampered with my abilities, I'd be able to figured out the killer within minutes," she stated, more than a little upset with the fact that she couldn't seem to identify the killer. It wasn't only that, though... Just not having her Sybil abilities, period, was driving her crazy. Especially because she couldn't read the faces of those around her to determine the killer.

@Gen. Gwazi Senpai @WHOEVERBLEH​

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Saber_sad_672_6769.jpg

Noticing how Lon'qu seemed to freeze up just at Saber's mere touch, she pulled her hand back just as quickly as she had placed it there to begin with. She wasn't out to make the man uncomfortable. But try to help him if he desired it. As he began to speak however, Saber listened intently to his tale, deciding to speak up only when he had finished it.

"...Lon'qu. I understand how hard this must have been for you to share with me. Or to just about anyone. But I want you to rest assured that I do not look down upon you because of any so-so 'weakness' on your part. Your friend's death was a tragedy yes, but you shouldn't let your past failures shackle you down in the present. You can't torture yourself by thinking 'what if I had done this?' or 'If only I could have been stronger.' As much as I hate it, the word doesn't operate on what ifs. I've been around long enough to see that's the truth." She'd sigh and glanced over the bridge and into the water.

"You saw my reaction to one of the blades you wielded back at Shirou's home. The only thing you knew however was they belonged to someone close to me. That's true but there is more to the story than just simply that. I'm sure Gilgamesh in all of his grandiose speeches mentioned the Holy Grail War once or twice so I won't explain to you again. But in the last war, the Berserker of that war was none other than my dearest companion, Lancelot and when I discovered this you may ask? When I had already impaled him with Excalibur." Her eyes closed and she bit her lip at the thought as it bubbled back up to the surface.

images

"He didn't ask to become a Berserker and be seen as nothing more than a mad dog by the others. But while that image still haunts me, I don't let it define who I am now. I'll do whatever I can to make Shirou's dream come true and my fears and worries come second to all of that. What I'm trying to say, Lon'qu is that you've shown to me at least that you're a capable enough warrior in your own right. You shouldn't keep holding yourself back over something that happened in the past. I didn't know the person you lost but I can imagine she wouldn't be pleased with you beating yourself up like this. So let go of your past burdens and look into the future and what it holds for you, Lon'qu. I imagine you'll be much happier with yourself in the long run." She'd say before seeking to place her hand onto his shoulder again, hoping he'd be more comfortable with it this time.

"Do you understand?"

@Crimson Spartan @Krieg @C.T.

For some time Lon'qu kept his glance downwards as her words sink in. She has had it rougher than him and he's the one who broke. Unlike last time he didn't freeze up when she placed her hand on his shoulder instead he relaxed some. "You've had it worse yet stayed strong. I broke faster than most would." a slight pause as he looked up now trying to clear his thoughts.

lon_qu_by_bakaarts-d7rrki1.jpg

"You are stronger than me that's for sure. Never had I seen someone dodge my strikes like that. Not only that but with the strength to hold fast. I was not wrong when I said you were a valuable asset to the team. I will take your advice and stand strong from now on. But" he paused blushing a little as he looked at Saber.

721fca3fe08d82f79c4f4602b34426b8.jpg

"I want you to stand next to me as I do so. Ever since I met you I couldn't think of a life without you. I don't care what needs to be done just as long as you are with me..." Was Lon'qu really doing this now. I guess upon realizing that he could die at any moment in these murder games he figured now was the time to do so. Maybe he was rushing it sure but in his mind he had to get it out. This was a huge step for him to take on his path. This would take some getting used to but Lon'qu was ready for anything.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @Ireallyain'tgoodatthisXD.

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum

"Exactly," Reece murmured in response. "That's exactly the problem. There are endless possibilities, and with not everyone fessing up to what their abilities are.. Well, it makes this much more difficult on us," the blonde sighed, clearly very frustrated with this entire situation. Gilgamesh's little speech just made the young woman sigh. "As much as I'd love to see that, and with how wrong all of this is.. I don't think resorting to violence is a good idea. Losing our heads is likely exactly what they want us to do. Giving them attention- even with attacks or torture -, or giving them the 'control' over us that comes with us letting them get to us is more than likely what they want. A lot of killers and psychopaths think that way: that killing or harming others will provide them attention or power," she explained.

There was a pause, before she continued with a deep frown. "..A much more suiting punishment is leaving them to suffer in silence, stuck with the memories and pain that comes with the recollection of what they've done," she concluded. Regret is certainly the worst punishment of all. For a moment, Reece's jaw clenched, and she turned away. Now, oddly enough, it seemed her frustration with the killing had devolved into frustration with herself. "Da..-" ..Ryan's still right nearby.. And there are other children around, too. "..-ng it all. If this gruesome game hadn't tampered with my abilities, I'd be able to figured out the killer within minutes," she stated, more than a little upset with the fact that she couldn't seem to identify the killer. It wasn't only that, though... Just not having her Sybil abilities, period, was driving her crazy. Especially because she couldn't read the faces of those around her to determine the killer.​
Gilgamesh looked to the floor, quiet for a moment taking all this in. She was right, at least this was exactly what they wanted out of everyone, and it certainly wasn't helping anyone think clearly. And in truth what she was suggesting was honestly nothing more than Gilgamesh has always done before the game, remain relatively unaffected. Granted Gilgamesh didn't actually believe reflection was a proper punishment, some people were just too twisted to care about their Sins... Gilgamesh included. But still, she was right to suggest ignoring them for it meant the killers had less control of the situation. After he was down reflecting on this he almost instantly burst out laughing.

tumblr_inline_mmw3ccyR1z1qz4rgp.gif

"And yet again your mind shows to be even more impressive and interesting! Ah, if only you partaked in Wine. I'd love to see where your mind goes when in the open!". This laugh was briefer than the others however, mainly because of Reece almost immediately starting to curse her own lack of powers. This prompted Gilgamesh to ask "You partook of the food correct? Does that not give you something to use? If not outright reading people, getting an inkling at the very least?". Though admittedly Gilgamesh never tested his own increased Mana supply yet, he had no idea how much of an effect it actually had yet... Though seeing how Mana could be limited he'd rather not push the limits in case the meal was a one time only sort of deal.

@Hospes

• Love
Ryner couldn't help but overhear the discussion about people's failures to protect others, and clenched his jaw in silence, these people, they had a lot more in common than they may have realised, and he struggled to swallow as he ran a hand through his hair slowly
DenRSKD.png

"These people have more in common than I could have ever expected..."

He sighs slowly, the thoughts of his old military training squad flashing through his mind, his inability to save any of them, all but he, Kiefer and Sion...
The memories brought a tear to his eye, as he heard the shame others felt at letting a single person die, and here he was, having allowed an entire squad to die

"Letting one person die doesn't mean you should shut yourself away like you're doing" he says quietly, his words aimed at Lon'qu "Not moving on means you're hurting more people than you're helping..."

"If you dwell on the past, you'll never be able to do good in the present"

@Crimson Spartan @TheSpringwoodSlasher

For some time Lon'qu kept his glance downwards as her words sink in. She has had it rougher than him and he's the one who broke. Unlike last time he didn't freeze up when she placed her hand on his shoulder instead he relaxed some. "You've had it worse yet stayed strong. I broke faster than most would." a slight pause as he looked up now trying to clear his thoughts.

lon_qu_by_bakaarts-d7rrki1.jpg

"You are stronger than me that's for sure. Never had I seen someone dodge my strikes like that. Not only that but with the strength to hold fast. I was not wrong when I said you were a valuable asset to the team. I will take your advice and stand strong from now on. But" he paused blushing a little as he looked at Saber.

721fca3fe08d82f79c4f4602b34426b8.jpg

"I want you to stand next to me as I do so. Ever since I met you I couldn't think of a life without you. I don't care what needs to be done just as long as you are with me..." Was Lon'qu really doing this now. I guess upon realizing that he could die at any moment in these murder games he figured now was the time to do so. Maybe he was rushing it sure but in his mind he had to get it out. This was a huge step for him to take on his path. This would take some getting used to but Lon'qu was ready for anything.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @Ireallyain'tgoodatthisXD.
i12428614656.gif

The fact that Lon'qu had apparently taken Saber's words to heart brought out a joyful smile on the servant's face. She hated seeing Lon'qu hold such regret on himself for something that happened in the past. Now that it seemed like he'd finally try to move on, she was pleased that she'd finally gotten to help someone during her travel with this group.

"Lon'qu, I am quite pleased to hear this! But this is no competition. I understand that everyone has their own paces for dealing with matters close to their hearts. It took me some time to grasp the weight of what had happened between me and Lancelot. But I eventually steeled myself to get over what could not be helped and I'm sure Lancelot wouldn't have wanted me to simply wallow in my despair either. So in a way I redeemed myself both in my eyes and his. Or at least is what I hope. I suppose I'll never truly know until next we meet. I look forward to that day but for now I have my goals. To protect Shirou and help his dreams come true. Just as I'm sure you have your own desires to follow now that you've freed yourself of your burden." She'd contemplate all the while the smile remained before she tilted her head to the side in a quizzical fashion.

"What was it you wished to ask of me, Lon'qu? I'm more than willing to hear whatever it is you have to say."

Saber was prepared for many things. She was a skilled swordswoman who could give anybody a reasonable challenge. She was a friend when one needed a shoulder to lean on. But something like this caught her completely off guard. She'd already put up with that damned dog-like creature implicating her and Shirou as a couple when they were nothing more than good friends!

9-sabC19a-N.png

"L-Lon'qu, you do realize that's quite the loaded statement do you not??? Do not mistake that for me throwing aside your feelings. It's just that we met on such negative terms and yet to you that's where love blossomed? I've been complimented before on my looks and I've always tried not to think too much of it. But then you ask such a brazen request of me!" She'd whine as she looked down at the ground so as to better hide her blushing face as she tried to think over just how exactly to respond to this. Eventually reaching some kind of conclusion, she glanced back up and stared Lon'qu straight in the eyes.

"If this is truly how you feel about me, what you'd wish of me, then I truthfully see no real hindrance to why I cannot stand by your side. But I'm afraid you must forgive me if my feelings of love are not yet to the same level of recuperation as yours. Please, spare me some time Lon'qu. I must think this over before I come to any sort of final decision regarding us. But for now, I will say this."

The blush on Saber's face had lessened slightly and her nervous frown had turned into a semi-confident smile.

images

"Whether it be in the heat of battle or whatever else comes our way, I'll be by your side and I can only hope that you'll stand by mine. That is what I can promise you, Lon'qu. Just give it time and we'll see what flower this new development sprouts." She'd reach out to grasp his hand and her smile grew even brighter. "But we'll do it together."

@Crimson Spartan

Ryner couldn't help but overhear the discussion about people's failures to protect others, and clenched his jaw in silence, these people, they had a lot more in common than they may have realised, and he struggled to swallow as he ran a hand through his hair slowly
DenRSKD.png

"These people have more in common than I could have ever expected..."

He sighs slowly, the thoughts of his old military training squad flashing through his mind, his inability to save any of them, all but he, Kiefer and Sion...
The memories brought a tear to his eye, as he heard the shame others felt at letting a single person die, and here he was, having allowed an entire squad to die

"Letting one person die doesn't mean you should shut yourself away like you're doing" he says quietly, his words aimed at Lon'qu "Not moving on means you're hurting more people than you're helping..."

"If you dwell on the past, you'll never be able to do good in the present"

"....I understand this now..." Lon'qu assured Ryner but nothing could prepare him for what Saber said next.
i12428614656.gif

The fact that Lon'qu had apparently taken Saber's words to heart brought out a joyful smile on the servant's face. She hated seeing Lon'qu hold such regret on himself for something that happened in the past. Now that it seemed like he'd finally try to move on, she was pleased that she'd finally gotten to help someone during her travel with this group.

"Lon'qu, I am quite pleased to hear this! But this is no competition. I understand that everyone has their own paces for dealing with matters close to their hearts. It took me some time to grasp the weight of what had happened between me and Lancelot. But I eventually steeled myself to get over what could not be helped and I'm sure Lancelot wouldn't have wanted me to simply wallow in my despair either. So in a way I redeemed myself both in my eyes and his. Or at least is what I hope. I suppose I'll never truly know until next we meet. I look forward to that day but for now I have my goals. To protect Shirou and help his dreams come true. Just as I'm sure you have your own desires to follow now that you've freed yourself of your burden." She'd contemplate all the while the smile remained before she tilted her head to the side in a quizzical fashion.

"What was it you wished to ask of me, Lon'qu? I'm more than willing to hear whatever it is you have to say."

Saber was prepared for many things. She was a skilled swordswoman who could give anybody a reasonable challenge. She was a friend when one needed a shoulder to lean on. But something like this caught her completely off guard. She'd already put up with that damned dog-like creature implicating her and Shirou as a couple when they were nothing more than good friends!

9-sabC19a-N.png

"L-Lon'qu, you do realize that's quite the loaded statement do you not??? Do not mistake that for me throwing aside your feelings. It's just that we met on such negative terms and yet to you that's where love blossomed? I've been complimented before on my looks and I've always tried not to think too much of it. But then you ask such a brazen request of me!" She'd whine as she looked down at the ground so as to better hide her blushing face as she tried to think over just how exactly to respond to this. Eventually reaching some kind of conclusion, she glanced back up and stared Lon'qu straight in the eyes.

"If this is truly how you feel about me, what you'd wish of me, then I truthfully see no real hindrance to why I cannot stand by your side. But I'm afraid you must forgive me if my feelings of love are not yet to the same level of recuperation as yours. Please, spare me some time Lon'qu. I must think this over before I come to any sort of final decision regarding us. But for now, I will say this."

The blush on Saber's face had lessened slightly and her nervous frown had turned into a semi-confident smile.

images

"Whether it be in the heat of battle or whatever else comes our way, I'll be by your side and I can only hope that you'll stand by mine. That is what I can promise you, Lon'qu. Just give it time and we'll see what flower this new development sprouts." She'd reach out to grasp his hand and her smile grew even brighter. "But we'll do it together."

@Crimson Spartan

Her first comments didn't bug him in fact they helped him even more but the reaction at first from when he basically asked her to be with him was what got him.

0d5b6ec310c35ad1db59f3b3b2e07928.jpg

' Grr you idiot. Said it too soon. Now i've made this awkward.' Lon'qu mentally cursed himself over the matter. He did snap out of it when she had spoken again.

ec81a95efb4494b6350cfa688be37cad.jpg

"As long as I draw breath I shall stand by you. In battle or in hardships permit me to help you when you need someone as you have done for me. Let this sword swing to keep you safe from any who oppose us." Lon'qu told Saber speaking directly from his heart. His words were as true as ever. It would take time of course and work but at this point Lon'qu was ready for it all.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @DapperDogman @Ineedtogitgudatthis

tumblr_ntjojqrSFj1tf6m2xo2_250.gif

The taste of bile churned in her mouth, a feeling of pestilence brewing in Max's stomach. Constant spit shot out of her mouth, the teenager trembling in response of the scorched, rotten bodies that laid upon the cold cement of this ominous bridge. Her curses and pleas had fallen upon deaf ears, all but for the kindly women that had surrounded the photographer, giving what little comfort they could to such a blight. The feeling of guilt hit Max stronger than any emotion before, a constant reminder of what she could of done, what she could of risked using her Rewind to reverse the incident from happening in the first place. But, with little evidence for her to change the flow of time and the heavy consequences that would come with it, Max softly hiccuped as she threw her head up, staring off into the horizon.

This is r-real...people are dying and I am in this. I am here.

The simple realization, whilst acknowledged by Max subtlety, had been especially exemplified. A dance was once again being orchestrated, the pieces all in play, the song being sung once more. History often repeats after all, and whilst Max may not realize it, her shoes were not spotless within the soles. Glancing over at the spandex-wearing biker, the Irish-descended brunette softly nodded, looking over at the mute with a force of a smile. Patting the headless woman's hand, unaware obviously of her condition, the Caulfield vainly had gathered her strength with the presence of the knight and Ryuko. In some twisted way, Max trusted them, and if it wasn't for the fear of murders going about, they seemed like nice people.

Of course, I thought Victoria would be nice the first time I talked to her. That didn't last long...

"T-Thanks, everyone...' Max softly assured, her social awkwardness and introvert nature revealing itself. Even with her best friend Chloe around, a blue-haired punk she could easily look as a soulmate, Max was never particularly a girl of many words. Her actions, compassion, and kindness strove her ahead of the curve, an intelligence not of the traditional mind but of the heart resonated within her. Few people that encountered Max felt her wrath, the only one deserving of which being Nathan, recalling how she had spent hours upon hours of Chloe researching what secrets the heirloom of the Prescotts was hiding in Arcadia Bay.

"I...I just feel like I've seen this before. L-Like looking at an old picture. Familiar." Max tried to express herself, reeling her face up, as if she needed a sudden dictionary to convey this internal strife. Deju-vu couldn't suffice anymore, no, something about this whole scenario just screamed at the artist, "Uncanny Valley". Letting out a sonorous gulp, nodding and thanking the knight for her oath, the plainly-dressed hipster began to express to the band of female asskickers and nametakers. even Max, hence the name Mad Max. Girl is a sociopath, yo.

"I just...we need to move, together. I can't change the vote if I wanted too...I don't even know who would want to do it. We just need to find safety, y-you know?"

@OrlandoBloomers @Verite @TheSpringwoodSlasher @C.T. @The Silver Paladin @El Tigre! @Bridge Squad

tumblr_ntjojqrSFj1tf6m2xo2_250.gif

The taste of bile churned in her mouth, a feeling of pestilence brewing in Max's stomach. Constant spit shot out of her mouth, the teenager trembling in response of the scorched, rotten bodies that laid upon the cold cement of this ominous bridge. Her curses and pleas had fallen upon deaf ears, all but for the kindly women that had surrounded the photographer, giving what little comfort they could to such a blight. The feeling of guilt hit Max stronger than any emotion before, a constant reminder of what she could of done, what she could of risked using her Rewind to reverse the incident from happening in the first place. But, with little evidence for her to change the flow of time and the heavy consequences that would come with it, Max softly hiccuped as she threw her head up, staring off into the horizon.

This is r-real...people are dying and I am in this. I am here.

The simple realization, whilst acknowledged by Max subtlety, had been especially exemplified. A dance was once again being orchestrated, the pieces all in play, the song being sung once more. History often repeats after all, and whilst Max may not realize it, her shoes were not spotless within the soles. Glancing over at the spandex-wearing biker, the Irish-descended brunette softly nodded, looking over at the mute with a force of a smile. Patting the headless woman's hand, unaware obviously of her condition, the Caulfield vainly had gathered her strength with the presence of the knight and Ryuko. In some twisted way, Max trusted them, and if it wasn't for the fear of murders going about, they seemed like nice people.

Of course, I thought Victoria would be nice the first time I talked to her. That didn't last long...

"T-Thanks, everyone...' Max softly assured, her social awkwardness and introvert nature revealing itself. Even with her best friend Chloe around, a blue-haired punk she could easily look as a soulmate, Max was never particularly a girl of many words. Her actions, compassion, and kindness strove her ahead of the curve, an intelligence not of the traditional mind but of the heart resonated within her. Few people that encountered Max felt her wrath, the only one deserving of which being Nathan, recalling how she had spent hours upon hours of Chloe researching what secrets the heirloom of the Prescotts was hiding in Arcadia Bay.

"I...I just feel like I've seen this before. L-Like looking at an old picture. Familiar." Max tried to express herself, reeling her face up, as if she needed a sudden dictionary to convey this internal strife. Deju-vu couldn't suffice anymore, no, something about this whole scenario just screamed at the artist, "Uncanny Valley". Letting out a sonorous gulp, nodding and thanking the knight for her oath, the plainly-dressed hipster began to express to the band of female asskickers and nametakers. even Max, hence the name Mad Max. Girl is a sociopath, yo.

"I just...we need to move, together. I can't change the vote if I wanted too...I don't even know who would want to do it. We just need to find safety, y-you know?"

@OrlandoBloomers @Verite @TheSpringwoodSlasher @C.T. @The Silver Paladin @El Tigre! @Bridge Squad​
deoxys_by_rlouis95.jpg

Deoxys would have been doing a cursory look at the bodies, both out of investigation and confirming its theory on Pyro being the murderer, and also due to the coldness gripping the core of Deoxys and compelling it to look upon the bodies. Humans are idiotic and weak to end up in this situation, but they are like children-- they act out of emotion and do not know any better. Some have more innocence than others..

Deoxys shot a brief glance at Ryan.

However, a strange mental signature began to ping within Deoxys' own mind. Deoxys turned around to face another human-- an adolescent female -- who was staring down upon the bodies. Her mental state was...unhealthy, to say the least. Rational and cognitive thought were being slowly overtaken by emotion, the right side of her brain was up in flare the more she seemed to look down on the dead organisms. Humans disliked seeing other humans deceased-- a largely ironic statement, considering how often these humans express unreasonable hatred and prejudices against each other sometimes.

Deoxys could not access her memory storage. It is as if her mind is resisting the intrusion of Deoxys.

The presence of the more physically imposing and stronger humans lowered the amount of right brain activity in Max, bringing rationality and emotion back into balance. Deoxys had enough time to study the human mind (considering it was surrounded by them) and had a basic understanding of its anatomy. Of course, Max could have sensed Deoxys poking about her mind. The alien quickly retracted itself from its telepathic examination (hopefully) before she noticed it was Deoxys.

Deoxys would give simple a nod to her statement and look to the other "She speaks wisely-- staying in large packs will reduce casualty. Those who are incapable of self-defense should be kept with superior subjects for maximized security."

"Or, alternatively, we terminate them to reduce the dead weight. This is an extreme yet effective method."

@Crimson Spartan @BarrenThin @Jeremi @DapperDogman @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Thuro The Assassin Potato @Hospes @Krieg @Verite

Gilgamesh looked to the floor, quiet for a moment taking all this in. She was right, at least this was exactly what they wanted out of everyone, and it certainly wasn't helping anyone think clearly. And in truth what she was suggesting was honestly nothing more than Gilgamesh has always done before the game, remain relatively unaffected. Granted Gilgamesh didn't actually believe reflection was a proper punishment, some people were just too twisted to care about their Sins... Gilgamesh included. But still, she was right to suggest ignoring them for it meant the killers had less control of the situation. After he was down reflecting on this he almost instantly burst out laughing.

tumblr_inline_mmw3ccyR1z1qz4rgp.gif

"And yet again your mind shows to be even more impressive and interesting! Ah, if only you partaked in Wine. I'd love to see where your mind goes when in the open!". This laugh was briefer than the others however, mainly because of Reece almost immediately starting to curse her own lack of powers. This prompted Gilgamesh to ask "You partook of the food correct? Does that not give you something to use? If not outright reading people, getting an inkling at the very least?". Though admittedly Gilgamesh never tested his own increased Mana supply yet, he had no idea how much of an effect it actually had yet... Though seeing how Mana could be limited he'd rather not push the limits in case the meal was a one time only sort of deal.

@Hospes

Once again, Reece was caught off guard by Gilgamesh's laughter. She wasn't fond of the fact that he continuously laughed at her, even when she was totally serious, but she was at least not offended by it anymore. That was good, because if she had been, she probably would've displayed that fiery attitude once more.. But even so, she was slightly rubbed up the wrong way, considering it seemed he found the fact that her powers weren't working to be funny. "I don't see what's so funny about my powers malfunctioning," she muttered, almost poutily.

The blonde male's statement just made Reece laugh slightly, herself.. Although it was less warm than before. It seemed her head was still stuck on solving this. "Well, if we live through this.. Maybe another time. I just don't see it fit to drink during this," she mused, offering her companion a small smile. She definitely did seem to consider Gilgamesh's next words, though. "I did eat the food.." she confirmed, eyebrows knitting together in focus. "..I don't understand. My abilities are passive, so if that meal was supposed to unlock our abilities.. I don't see why my power hasn't been reactivated.." she thought aloud, clearly confused by this. ..This is ridiculous. I can't believe my Sybil abilities have devolved to practical nonexistence..

@Gen. Gwazi Senpai @Everyone​

Once again, Reece was caught off guard by Gilgamesh's laughter. She wasn't fond of the fact that he continuously laughed at her, even when she was totally serious, but she was at least not offended by it anymore. That was good, because if she had been, she probably would've displayed that fiery attitude once more.. But even so, she was slightly rubbed up the wrong way, considering it seemed he found the fact that her powers weren't working to be funny. "I don't see what's so funny about my powers malfunctioning," she muttered, almost poutily.

The blonde male's statement just made Reece laugh slightly, herself.. Although it was less warm than before. It seemed her head was still stuck on solving this. "Well, if we live through this.. Maybe another time. I just don't see it fit to drink during this," she mused, offering her companion a small smile. She definitely did seem to consider Gilgamesh's next words, though. "I did eat the food.." she confirmed, eyebrows knitting together in focus. "..I don't understand. My abilities are passive, so if that meal was supposed to unlock our abilities.. I don't see why my power hasn't been reactivated.." she thought aloud, clearly confused by this. ..This is ridiculous. I can't believe my Sybil abilities have devolved to practical nonexistence..
Oh shit, it seemed she miss-understood the reasoning of the laughter... Though this only caused him to laugh again, but he was fighting the laughter to say "Oh! Oh no! Ha ha! That's not what I'm laughing about! I was laughing about what you said on the killers. How simple the solution is, yet how I missed it completely! In other words, I was laughing at myself". Though all this talk of wine, combined with the stress of the situation prompted Gilgamesh to open a Gate of Babylon next to him in order to bring out a glass of wine for himself.

tumblr_ng09b7RsXK1u0jzt2o1_500.gif

As he poured it he continued saying "Ah, I definitely need to see about find a way to summon Iskander after this Murder Game is through. Then the three us can drink to our hearts content. That'd probably help you understand my nature of laughing too". Then taking the glass to his lips and sipping the wine he continued afterwards "Perhaps the food didn't reactivate your powers in full. It's possible you have a weaker version of it that you just need to hone in on. Or if not, maybe you have the Mana to use your actual power for an instance... Yes I know Mana isn't a thing in your universe. But it is in this one, so perhaps you got that from the food". After he finished with that he chugged down the rest of the glass with a refreshing sigh before finishing "If it helps, I can't summon my Enkidu. Tried to use it on Saber in our earlier fight... Would have ended far quicker if it did come out".

@Hospes

• Love
"....I understand this now..." Lon'qu assured Ryner but nothing could prepare him for what Saber said next.

Her first comments didn't bug him in fact they helped him even more but the reaction at first from when he basically asked her to be with him was what got him.

' Grr you idiot. Said it too soon. Now i've made this awkward.' Lon'qu mentally cursed himself over the matter. He did snap out of it when she had spoken again.

"As long as I draw breath I shall stand by you. In battle or in hardships permit me to help you when you need someone as you have done for me. Let this sword swing to keep you safe from any who oppose us." Lon'qu told Saber speaking directly from his heart. His words were as true as ever. It would take time of course and work but at this point Lon'qu was ready for it all.

1432761239737s.jpg

Saber didn't seem to mind the timing of Lon'qu's request. It was just more the offer at all that had bothered her. But now that she had a second to recollect her thoughts, she felt ready enough to grasp Lon'qu's hands and smile up at him.

"I'd absolutely like nothing more than to stand by your side, Lon'qu."

@Crimson Spartan

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Verite
Percy sighed and hung his head. "It seems obvious, though, but I guess we have no other choice." He said "someone who can control fire."

Mari shook her head. "Anyone can control fire, with the right equipment. But it seems obvious, though I refuse to change my vote. I had a theory and I will stand by it until proven otherwise." She smiled at Percy slightly. "Perhaps if the next killing were to be a drowning of some sort, I would try to have some trial defense ready, Percy."

@The Silver Paladin

1432761239737s.jpg

Saber didn't seem to mind the timing of Lon'qu's request. It was just more the offer at all that had bothered her. But now that she had a second to recollect her thoughts, she felt ready enough to grasp Lon'qu's hands and smile up at him.

"I'd absolutely like nothing more than to stand by your side, Lon'qu."

@Crimson Spartan
lon_qu_x_reader__to_the_heavens__by_inezel-d9afubo.png

"Then I shall not let you down. If I do may Naga strike me down from where I stand." Lon'qu spoke letting a smile show while looking Saber in the eyes. He was overjoyed over this and remarkably wasn't all that nervous about being around a female anymore. Perhaps it was for the best that this happen as it was helping him cope with his fear of females. It would take time for this fear to completely disappear but as long as Saber was with him Lon'qu felt like he could do anything. He felt like he could take on a whole army at this point. Normally Lon'qu could probably take on an army but with Saber with him he felt as if he could mop the floor with them.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @Happinessforthis

Ryner gave a small nod, and leaned against the bars of the bridge, exhaling slowly as he watched the pair, his lips curving into a small smile, before something seemed to cross his mind, and he rubbed his forehead

"Dammit, I can feel a headache coming on" he murmurs as he turns, facing the river once more, sighing gently

His eyes stared into the water below, and he gave a small sigh, wishing he could just lie down and take a nap

Slowfuck McGee (i.e. moi) finally posting
"Yeah, cause I worked so hard for your approval."

"You mustn't grovel like so, Matoi. It's quite unbecoming, as much as I do delight myself in the admiration from others."​
"Must you be a snobby bitch?"

"I, Kiryuin Satsuki, strive to be who I am, purely all that I am and more! I shall give not a single inch of ground to any other who'd have me change myself, my soul. Not even you Matoi, you insecure pest."​

Mid-Chapter Update

Continued from here.

The Story So Far
After escaping from the massive assault on Einzbern Castle, headed by the presumed orchestrator of the Murder Game in question, Fiamma of the Right, you all find yourselves retreating to the nearby Fuyuki City, which was, strangely enough, completely empty for the most part. With that, you would all decide to split up and investigate the place to see just what was going on.

Those who would travel to the Emiya Residence would come into a brief clash with Saber, the mystical Servant of one Shirou Emiya, a young man who had been experiencing visions and dreams of his other incarnations throughout the multiverse participating in Murder Games just like the ones that you all found yourselves in right now, providing some more insight on the workings of the phenomena. With that, he would also treat some of the visitors to a meal, using his Reinforcement magecraft to increase the nourishment of the food and allow those who participated in the meal to regain some of their power. Perhaps even enough to use their Noble Phantasm.

Those who would make their way over to the Station Front would encounter a young woman named Caren Hortensia, who had arrived on the behalf of the Holy Church to oversee the Murder Game, stating that she has a dual agenda; finally meeting her long estranged father, Kirei Kotomine, a man that some are familiar with. Before they could get far though, a strange creature known as the Neco-Arc would steal Caren's hat, prompting them to get it back and subdue it before getting any further in their conversation.

Meanwhile, those who would travel to the Shopping District would encounter a certain priest who had offered them some mapo tofu. The priest in question, the familiar Kirei Kotomine who had also gone through his fair share of Murder Games, would comment on the number of Survivors that were around now, as well as the mystery of how the Murder Games were still going on, despite the effective death of the Arch Demon some time ago.

Those who went to the Tohsaka Residence would be split between investigating the kitchen and the bedroom. The players who went into the kitchen would come across a man who called himself Archer. After serving everyone present some tea, he would give his two cents, providing a hint on who he believes may or may not be the identity of one of the Traitors; in his own words, "a good killer is someone who does not flinch easily. Someone who would hardly even bat an eyelash while committing such an atrocity."

On the other hand, those who went to investigate the bedroom would find a certain girl named Rin Tohsaka locked in a magical chest, claiming that she was looking for a mystical weapon possibly capable of combating Fiamma of the Right, called the Kaleidoscope. Going with her into the magical chest would place everyone in a strange, cave-like place. Some ended up finding an interdimensional phone that was used to contact a young man named Motoharu Tsuchimikado, who talked of "a Level 0 picking a fight with the Accelerator" while the others had indeed found the Kaleidoscope. However, it quickly proved to be unreliable when all it would end up doing was transform Rin into a spunky magical girl, much to her chagrin once she would come to later.

Each and every one of these people would find themselves being led to the Church, where Kirei Kotomine appeared to be the source of all the information at the moment.

latest

As you would all make your way to the Church on the hill, taking the bridge on the way, the sun would quickly fall, and night would make itself known throughout the city. The warmth of the sun and the chirping of the birds were replaced by a chilling darkness and an eerie quiet. It was somewhat fitting, especially for those who knew just what the destination would entail.

And the man who was waiting for them there.

However, on the way there, you would come across a most unsettling sight before you all. Corpses. Upon closer inspection, they would turn out to be the dead bodies of Robin Tact and Minato Arisato. Of course, it was initially rather difficult to tell, given that they were both burned to a crisp. Further investigation would yield that one of the gas lamps was broken, and it had been broken recently as well. More specifically, the glass was broken and the light was completely out.

Who knew what that might mean? Could it be related to their deaths somehow?

gsRZxdX.png

"Damn, those Traitors have already made their move, huh? This isn't good..." Rin murmured to herself, "Looks like before we can move on, you guys will have to decide who amongst yourselves might be a Traitor, or else they might feel comfortable enough to pull another fast one on us. Kirei will have to wait... What a shame about that," she muttered sarcastically. Death wasn't something she exactly wanted to get used to, but when in something called a Murder Game... well, that was inevitable, it seemed.

In any case, it was debate and voting time. Go nuts.

~CAST LIST~
@Bomb as Ethel and Karin (Fairy Fencer F)
@Gibbons as Gunha Sogiita (Raildex)
@C.T. as Ryuuko Matoi (Kill la Kill)
@The Silver Paladin as Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase (Percy Jackson)
@Mighty Roman as Hector Barbossa (Pirates of the Caribbean) and Mister Negative (Marvel Comics)
@Hospes as Reece "Annabel" Duchannes and Ryan Duchannes (Caster Chronicles)
@TheSpringwoodSlasher as Edward "Stubbs" Stubblefield (Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without A Pulse)
@DapperDogman as Ryner Lute (Legend of the Legendary Heroes)
@Gummi Bunnies as Erika Furudo and Battler Ushiromiya (Umineko no Naku Kori Ni)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Deoxys (Pokemon)
@BarrenThin as Frank Castle (Marvel Comics)
@Crimson Spartan as Lon'qu and Donny (Fire Emblem)
@Krieg as Maxine Caulfield (Life Is Strange)
@Schnee Corp Lawyer as Cole (Dragon Age)
@Kaykay as Saiai Kinuhata (Raildex)
@Gen. Gwazi Senpai as Gilgamesh (Type-Moon)
@Jeremi as Borsalino "Kizaru" (One Piece)
@Archwar as Jason (OC)
@Wedge Antilles as Pyro (Marvel Comics)
@The Man Without Fear as Daredevil and Elektra (Marvel Comics)
@Mari as Mari Kurihara (Prison School)
@Nater Taters as Kirby (Kirby)
@El Tigre! as Satsuki Kiryuuin (Kill la Kill)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Eve (Black Cat) and Ilona (OC)
@CCC Kouhai as Bee (Bee and PuppyCat)
@ShiroKiyoshi as Sean Grant and Edispu (OC)
@york as Cinder Fall (RWBY)
@Josh M as Silk (Marvel Comics)
@Thuro The Assassin Potato as Cameron Phillips (Terminator) and Raiden (Metal Gear)
@Saint Guillotine as Furiosa (Mad Max)
@Atomyk as Mikoto Misaka (Raildex) and Sans the Skeleton (Undertale)
@coralprime as Papyrus the Skeleton (Undertale)
@OrlandoBloomers as Celty Sturluson (Durarara!!)

The Dead
@Verite as Illyasviel von Einzbern - INNOCENT! DEFEATED!
@Shattered♦Secrets™ as Ermac - INNOCENT! GUNNED DOWN!
@The Tactician as Robin Tact and Minato Arisato - INNOCENT! BURNED TO A CRISP!

Upon the moment Kiryuin arrived onto the scene, the scent of immolated flesh wafted into her nostrils. Her nose wrinkled momentarily, features contorting in a barely visible fashion as she directed her eyes to the corpses. Unfortunate souls, set aflame as to fulfill a murderous agenda. Truly, the name of the game was anything but a misnomer.

tumblr_ntjc2q7xgm1rrjopho3_250.png

Hers was an impassive expression, seemingly so, as she took to noting the surroundings, the implements at the scene-- the bursted lantern presumed to be the sole cause of their deaths-- and more. Satsuki stood alone, silent as she contemplated to herself for now.
She sighed, turning to follow up right behind in her own run. And then it was confirmed before she even completely reached the spot. The strong scent of death.

And smoke.

The charred corpses lying together in death, deposited on the street like pieces of trash. "...Sheesh." The guy may have been silly with his choice of arguments but he sure as heck didn't deserve that shit. A thought flashed into her mind as she recalled and she quickly scanned the area, searching for the Neko-arc. If nothing else, she might be able to save that little one. Small victory. She wasn't sure she had believed the story Einzbern had told them back then but now...evidence there were killers among them?

Welp. Just a promise to be made.

RlNSJNb.jpg

"These traitors have fucked up now."
tumblr_ntjemdFH4j1rrjopho4_250.png

The sovereign of Honnoji Academy's head was downturn, facing the ground as she... appeared to be visibly mournful of the dead. She was paying her respects. As much as she came across as a impassive, heartless tyrant monarch of Honno City, with her spartan implements in the academy and the structuring of the classes, even she was with emotion.

"Rest in peace, you shall not go unavenged."​
After a few moments and everyone else doing it: "Oh yeah. Shit. I gotta vote too, huh?" She remarked aloud, mostly to herself and...

Oh yeah he wasn't able to talk right now. Well great now she looked like she was even more nuts, really talking to herself! Cheating Murder Games. No fair. Oh well. Time to get to it.

tumblr_nj1iktoCbX1rvb8cmo1_400.gif

"LISTEN UP! By the power vested in me by her goddamn silly caterpillar eyebrows, I proclaim...

SATSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKI

KIRYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUIN...

...guilty of being an asshole, snob, fascist, arrogant and an all around bitch. That said...yeah I vote for Pyro too."
That's right, she had to vote too. As sordid as the premise was, ousting out the would be traitors within their ranks with haphazard guesstimations. Not even Kiryuin Satsuki was exempt from the proceeds. Granted, she could abstain but that would invite only suspicion, as was witnessed by a few others who'd done the same.

No matter.

First things first however, she must address Ryuko. She exploded suddenly--

"MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII RYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Seemingly a savage gale picked up, emanating forth from her position as a maelstrom capable of blowing away hundreds of mere men with ease.

"You slander me to no end, besmirch my name and lavish me in egregious insults! Yet I pay no heed to them, I look over them as the mere words they are! For I know better, for I am Satsuki Kiryuin! But worry yourself not, I shall behoove myself to be above all this and do you the honor of..."

A resounding silence followed.

"CONCURRING WITH YOUR VOTE!!!"

@C.T. @Verite @Y'all Fuckers​

Status
Not open for further replies.