• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
At first, Papyrus was too busy wandering the landscape, marveling at the pretty sky to notice all the commotion all around him. It wasn't until he tripped over a hole formed by one of Fiamma's poison arrows that he realized what was going on. It was nothing short of a miracle that he hadn't been reduced to dust at this point. Truly ignorance is bliss.

Nevertheless, he quickly realized this Fiamma guy was bad news. He readied his battle body and tried to remember all those cool one-liners Undyne taught him.

yes_zpsfkvethax.png

NYEH! NYEH HEH!! NYEH HEH HEH!!! SAY YOUR PRAYERS, EVIL-DOER!!! YOU HAVE BREATHED YOUR LAST!! BEHOLD... MY SPECIAL ATTACK!!!

yesss_zpsrkfkojqb.png

WELL, ACTUALLY, I NEVER GOT MY SPECIAL ATTACK BACK FROM THAT ANNOYING DOG.

yessssss_zps9qsst7gq.png

SO HERE'S A NEEDLESSLY ELABORATE REGULAR ATTACK, INSTEAD!!!

BEHOLD!!!!

@Kaykay @Jeremi @Verite @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk @Josh M @Gibbons @El Tigre! @C.T. @york @TheColourlessRainbow @Mighty Roman @OrlandoBloomers @Krieg @Nater Taters @Cromartie Sarkissian
Ushiromiya.Battler.240.1309570.jpg

"... just die... useless... it's all useless."

Battler didn't dare stop his advance towards Fiamma of the Right, and without reciting any Blue Truths... those spears of Blue Truth kept on coming at the magician. It was like Battler deeply wanted him dead. That was how strong his will was... As the Endless Nine kept him safe, Battler knew that it could only last for so long... the barrier negating the lasers that specifically would make contact with him.

If the anti-magic toxins weren't enough, Battler was briefly being surrounded by a subtle appearance of golden butterflies. His power as the Endless Sorcerer were coming back finally.

@coralprime @Jeremi @Bomb @Verite @Atomyk @Josh M @Gibbons @El Tigre! @C.T. @york @TheColourlessRainbow @Mighty Roman @OrlandoBloomers @Krieg @Nater Taters @Cromartie Sarkissian @Kaykay
That was more than Kinuhata could really dodge. So she ran forward, trying to deflect the lasers with her ability rather than meeting them head on. Hopefully she'd be able to hold up until she reached him, though at this rate it felt almost like he was too far to ever reach.

@coralprime @Jeremi @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk @Josh M @Gibbons @El Tigre! @C.T. @york @TheColourlessRainbow @Mighty Roman @OrlandoBloomers @Krieg @Nater Taters @Cromartie Sarkissian
A laser hit Papyrus and tore through his shoulder or something.

"Gnngh!" Fiamma clicked his tongue, somewhat taken aback by those who would brave through the barrage of lasers coming their way. It was likely time to change tactics, he reasoned. Nothing would happen if they kept like this, so the next intended step was...

"Fall."

Materializing the Blade of Flames, a sword of pure fire, save for the handle of course, that seemed to burn at temperatures of God knows how hot, Fiamma would shift from defensive keepaway tactics to offensive stances, running forward toward you and swinging the weapon towards those who would charge towards him!

@coralprime @Jeremi @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk @Josh M @Gibbons @El Tigre! @C.T. @york @TheColourlessRainbow @Mighty Roman @OrlandoBloomers @Krieg @Nater Taters @Cromartie Sarkissian @Kaykay

"Tch."

Kotomine skidded back several feet as he would take the punch, but recovered surprisingly quickly, all things considered. Without so much as a cough, he would come around again and bring his leg up, feinting a knee, before actually following up with a leaning punch to the face.

"Tell me, Castle. How long have you dreamt of this kind of scenario? Fighting me? Protecting the girl before you. This must be your heaven! So why don't you fight with more passion!"

@BarrenThin @The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies

Frank took the punch, his head jerking with a pained grunt. He didn't answer he query. Didn't appear to let his anger get the better of him. With a feign of his own, he sent a light jab at Kotomine's nose.

The real attack came as he lunged forward and went to slam his knee into Kotomine's groin, and a merciless attempt to bite Kotomine's lip as hard as he could, then yank his head back. Some old savagery was certainly leaking through.

@Verite
@The Tactician
@Gummi Bunnies

Ryan was more or less standing off to the side, helplessly. She was obviously eager to help in some way... But there was clearly nothing the child could do. Her lip quivered slightly for the briefest moment.... Before her look of helplessness was replaced by one of sheer determination. I can't just sit here.. It's not what Lena-bena or Jules would do. They'd get out there and fight..!

"..."

..But I'm no good for that. And I refuse to resort to violence.

Briefly, the child's features fell, and that look of inferiority returned. But, she shook her head, standing up straighter. She couldn't back down just because her skill set wasn't the same as others. She wouldn't. Ry and the others said my healing is a gift, right...? Well, I ought to use that gift just like Lena, Reece, and Jules use theirs! Resolve seeping into her features, the child dashed closer to the battlefield than she likely should have, clearly hellbent on contributing. No matter what happened to her, there was no way she'd simply sit back and let these people get hurt. She needed to help them, no matter what effect it had on her.

So, naturally, when she saw what happened to Ryner... She did something really, really stupid: ran right into the heat of the battle, and threw her tiny little body at him in... what was probably intended to be a tackle to get him out of the way of the fight, but ultimately probably failed because the kid was light as heck.

10/10 :|

"G-ghh.. Hang on, I'll.. Fix you right up..." Wasting no time, Ryan recovered from her maneuver.. And immediately set to trying to heal Ryner's wound, while trying to stay in a position in which her body was between Saber and Ryner. It'd suck to have him further hurt while she was trying to heal him, obviously. Smart kid, huh? :|

@DapperDogman

Meanwhile, Reece was still recovering from all that had happened. She clambered to her feet unsteadily, forcing herself to regain her balance or fall. Luckily, it was the former, and she managed to straighten herself out. Her brilliant green eyes quickly adapted to their new surroundings, and they roamed the area quietly, observing it and the ongoings in it. What she saw made her eyes widened, and she instantly became much more aware. So.. Flamma's using Saber like a puppet, she thought, grimly. Just as Ridley's power allows for. All the more reason to dislike him, I suppose. But.. That's besides the point.

The Sybil was about to see what she could contribute to the battle.. When something hit her. ..Ryan. The blonde's eyes roamed once again, searching desperately for a specific character. When she found her, well... It wasn't good. Damn it all! How was it that, even in death, her sister still managed to throw herself into ridiculous, dangerous situations? Whatever, Reece didn't have time to think about that right now. No, instead, she had to focus on following suit and protecting her sister.

...If it was possible to protect someone after they'd died, but, whatever.

All odd ponderings aside, the Caster didn't waste any time in sprinting to catch up to her sister and Ryner, before beginning to.. Chant? Yes, it was definitely chanting. The language was most certainly unrecognizable to anyone but Reece and Ryan - an ancient Caster language that I don't have the right keys to type out that likely would sound like gibberish to anyone else. But, apparently, it did some good - Reece was conjuring up... Something. It was bathed in light and hard to make out, so it was kind of hard to tell just what the hell it was or if it was a totally sturdy cushion like last time or not. Oh, well.

@Crimson Spartan @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Wedge Antilles @Mari

"Gnngh!" Fiamma clicked his tongue, somewhat taken aback by those who would brave through the barrage of lasers coming their way. It was likely time to change tactics, he reasoned. Nothing would happen if they kept like this, so the next intended step was...

"Fall."

Materializing the Blade of Flames, a sword of pure fire, save for the handle of course, that seemed to burn at temperatures of God knows how hot, Fiamma would shift from defensive keepaway tactics to offensive stances, running forward toward you and swinging the weapon towards those who would charge towards him!

@coralprime @Jeremi @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk @Josh M @Gibbons @El Tigre! @C.T. @york @TheColourlessRainbow @Mighty Roman @OrlandoBloomers @Krieg @Nater Taters @Cromartie Sarkissian @Kaykay
Well, that was perfect.

A sword of fire, against a controller of nitrogen? The young esper raised both of her hands and concentrated the nitrogen there, attempting to use it to put out the fire and stop the blade at the same time.

Scientifically it seemed sound. But maybe it wasn't so effective on a magical fire sword.

@coralprime @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Verite

Frank took the punch, his head jerking with a pained grunt. He didn't answer he query. Didn't appear to let his anger get the better of him. With a feign of his own, he sent a light jab at Kotomine's nose.

The real attack came as he lunged forward and went to slam his knee into Kotomine's groin, and a merciless attempt to bite Kotomine's lip as hard as he could, then yank his head back. Some old savagery was certainly leaking through.

@Verite
@The Tactician
@Gummi Bunnies
"Gufgh!"

The lip came off easier than Frank might have expected. There was relatively little blood from the wound. Much less than one might expect. Kotomine's body was also rotting, just like with everyone else. Still, it also meant that it didn't hurt as much, a similar effect to Minato losing his thumb. Compared to a body that was not already naturally rotting from the Holy Grail's aura that drained everything, it wasn't too bad.

But even so.

It hurt at least a little.

Recovering, the priest continued to make his move. Folding his leg up, he'd perform multiple side kicks towards Frank, the first few targeting the man's stomach, before gradually moving up to his chest, his throat, and then back to his face.

Saber.Alter.240.1187144.jpg

As Percy rattled off who he was, Saber couldn't help but give a small roll of her eyes as she pointed Excalibur in his direction.

"Talk about your tittles, talk about who you descend from. In the end it's all meaningless unless you have the power to back it up, boy! You may be the spawn of a god but you're less than nothing in my eyes! Try to change that before you perish!" Saber snapped before preparing to strike bac against Lon'Qu as he approached.

"No hesitation in attacking the woman you claimed to love? Have you been so damaged by all that's occurred, Lon'qu? Perhaps your death will be a merciful release!" But before their blades could clash, Ryner put himself in the path of the strike in a gesture that ultimately confused Saber. "..What are you doing?!" As Saber could feel Ryner's own magic conflicting with Fiamma's influence over her the servant let out a shriek of agony before stumbling back as red lines of mana began to appear on Saber's body and her blade. It seemed that Fiamma's magic was stronger than Ryner may have given it credit for and it had acted out a defensive measure.

"You think...Your pitiful attempt...To save the woman who once inhabitated this body would work? All you've done is seal the fate of those you walked with!" Raising Excalibur, she'd slam it down in the direction of Lon'qu to send a shockwave rippling through the ground in the direction of the warrior.

@Crimson Spartan @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Wedge Antilles @Mari @Hospes
Gilgamesh slowly came to, rather impressed with Kotomine's work.
But he had no time to voice so since Saber was among the group almost instantly.

At first he simply stood back, watching to see how Lonqu would break under the pressure.
And once he saw, then he spoke taunting Lonqu "Hmph! You claim to love her yet the second she's tainted you put her down? It seem's she wasn't your lover, or even your friend, but rather your Mongrel of a Pet".
Then his attention changed to Saber and he announced "Though I'm actually liking a new you. Finally dropping that pesky honour of yours! If this was the Holy Grail war I'd let you live just so I could observe this for longer before making you my wife" and then summoning his gates of babylon "But Alas this is not the Holy Grail War. So I must put you down... Shame really, both you and Kotomine have become so much fun too! Ah well, what can you do?".

0f8bdfd733223ff6ae10a30f1c3fac0f253a4fe0_hq.gif

And then his gates of babylon fired, shooting everything he had at her.
And next to Lonqu a Gate would also open, slowly revealing Lancelot's blade once again, Arondight.
As it raised he called out to Lonqu "Lonqu! Grab it and use it on her! If your goal is to take her down that sword is your best chance! That's no longer the Saber you know!".
And for once Gilgamesh wasn't lying... fully. Arondight was known for increasing all the parameters of it's user against specific servants, Saber included.

Mari looked at Saber. She seemed so arrogant... something that Mari could relate to of course, but it seemed that Saber had none of the resources, the support system that Mari would have in place. Still... this type of battle was not Mari's strength, but knowing who to rely on and support in this situation was one of her strengths.

She turned to John Allerdyce, her companion. And, more by now, even she had to admit, as she clung to him out of preservation as well as out of feelings. She called upon him to do what he did best.

tumblr_ntf9zzNCR71sg8uefo8_250.gif

"I hope you have something left John", she said, not needing to make any gesture or reference to the enemy that stood before them. "And I promise, we have much to settle and discuss afterwards as well, if you understand what I am referring to." And just in case he did not understand... she kissed him softly on the cheek. "Let's burn what's left", she whispered to him, as her encouragement to him.​

@Wedge Antilles @The Silver Paladin @Crimson Spartan @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Hospes

tumblr_m3scqw4IhH1r5sycco3_400.gif

John didn't need much convincing... though Mari did it with a cherry on top. Or, more specifically, with a kiss on top. He flicked the lighter innocently, then in his not-so-innocent manner, caused it to burn into a hot ball of flame. He was going to act regardless, but the kiss from the beautiful Japanese girl only spurred him on even more, making him burn the flame even faster, harder, stronger.

Tumblr_m8udgin2yy1r1j7uqo1_500.gif

No more catchphrases, or vocal expressions. This was about the young man's passion to right his wrong, as Xavier taught him and would expect him to do... and the young woman who in some strange way with her charm or personality, or her looks, convinced him to do what was right. He clenched his fists hard as he willed the flame to reach white hot levels.

His only worry was whether there would be enough of Saber for her next of kin to identify.

@Mari @DapperDogman @Crimson Spartan @Hospes @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @TheSpringwoodSlasher

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Mari

"Tch... you...!!!" Fiamma seethed, dashing back in an attempt to play keepaway from the rest of you all, narrowly dodging the arrow that was thrown back to him by Ryuuko. At the speeds at which he was moving, he would manage to narrowly evade the spikes summoned by Ethel, using it as a barrier to shield himself from the others, though it seemed that they would quickly be cut down by Ryuuko's slash. Materializing a sword from his magic, the Sword of the Harvest God, he would deflect Cinder's attacks, clashing against her.

"To think that I would have to actively try to hold my own against lesser beings like you!" The magician growled through gritted teeth as he struggled against Cinder, "And you were the most promising Traitor of them all! What a pity, but I suppose in the end, tools must be disposed of once they serve their purpose!" He exclaimed, before quickly kicking Cinder away from him.

Before long, he would dash back again. Fiamma of the Right wasn't about to take on this many opponents. As powerful as he might be before, even he didn't know to what extent had he been weakened. Infected by the Right Hand of the Crimson Moon, some could even say that soon, his powers would begin to work against him.

"Dragon's Breath Rain! By the power of the Right Hand of the Crimson Moon, you will fall!"

Extending his arm out, a vast number of energy balls would appear in front of him, as if to shield him from all of you and blocking your path. Before long, they would shoot straight at you, a never-ending barrage of what appeared to be lasers coming your way!

"Fall."

Cinder Fall
@coralprime @Jeremi @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk @Josh M @Gibbons @El Tigre! @C.T. @Verite @TheColourlessRainbow @Mighty Roman @OrlandoBloomers @Krieg @Nater Taters @Cromartie Sarkissian @Kaykay
tumblr_inline_neeganEQvX1sk47ji.png

Cinder moved quickly, attempting to deflect and dodge the various projectiles coming towards her as she ran forwards, attempting to parry one of Fiamma's swings with her dust blade, giving her room to strike at him more proficciently with her other. It became apparant that Cinder was putting a considerable amount of effort into this given her speed; had Fiamma been the average human, or opponent Cinder used to face back in Vale, he most likely wouldn't have stood a chance at all...​

tumblr_m3scqw4IhH1r5sycco3_400.gif

John didn't need much convincing... though Mari did it with a cherry on top. Or, more specifically, with a kiss on top. He flicked the lighter innocently, then in his not-so-innocent manner, caused it to burn into a hot ball of flame. He was going to act regardless, but the kiss from the beautiful Japanese girl only spurred him on even more, making him burn the flame even faster, harder, stronger.

Tumblr_m8udgin2yy1r1j7uqo1_500.gif

No more catchphrases, or vocal expressions. This was about the young man's passion to right his wrong, as Xavier taught him and would expect him to do... and the young woman who in some strange way with her charm or personality, or her looks, convinced him to do what was right. He clenched his fists hard as he willed the flame to reach white hot levels.

His only worry was whether there would be enough of Saber for her next of kin to identify.

@Mari @DapperDogman @Crimson Spartan @Hospes @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @TheSpringwoodSlasher

Mari could only smile and watch in awe at the emotion of John's outburst, even though he kept quiet. It was all about the action after all... as was her gesture that seemed to promote such action. He put so much energy and effort, it seemed, towards putting a very hot flame to Saber, that it was truly deserving of more. So, understanding that, she moved closer to John after he let the fire ball go towards Saber, then she moved herself into position again.

And this time, she put a kiss to his lips. "That was a very emotional display," she whispered, "I only hope this is a fair and adequate reward for your effort, John."

@Wedge Antilles

• Love
Reactions: Poe Dameron
Saber.Alter.240.1187144.jpg

As Percy rattled off who he was, Saber couldn't help but give a small roll of her eyes as she pointed Excalibur in his direction.

"Talk about your tittles, talk about who you descend from. In the end it's all meaningless unless you have the power to back it up, boy! You may be the spawn of a god but you're less than nothing in my eyes! Try to change that before you perish!" Saber snapped before preparing to strike bac against Lon'Qu as he approached.

"No hesitation in attacking the woman you claimed to love? Have you been so damaged by all that's occurred, Lon'qu? Perhaps your death will be a merciful release!" But before their blades could clash, Ryner put himself in the path of the strike in a gesture that ultimately confused Saber. "..What are you doing?!" As Saber could feel Ryner's own magic conflicting with Fiamma's influence over her the servant let out a shriek of agony before stumbling back as red lines of mana began to appear on Saber's body and her blade. It seemed that Fiamma's magic was stronger than Ryner may have given it credit for and it had acted out a defensive measure.

"You think...Your pitiful attempt...To save the woman who once inhabitated this body would work? All you've done is seal the fate of those you walked with!" Raising Excalibur, she'd slam it down in the direction of Lon'qu to send a shockwave rippling through the ground in the direction of the warrior.

Ryner can physically feel the disappointment crushing down on him as he collapses to the ground, weakly looking up at the battle raging on
'And now I'm going to die for nothing. Am I truly that worthless? I can't even save one woman when it matters the most'
He clutches his wound tightly, coughing weakly as he closes his eyes, weak with blood loss

But not before a shimmering wall of blue magical energy formed between the group and Saber, attempting to block all the attacks people were launching at each other. And more importantly, to protect Ryan, who'd rushed to his side to save him

"H-Hey, look at you, kiddo" he says weakly, opening an eye and looking at Ryan "You're a brave one, aren't you?"
"G-Give me a minute and I'm sure I'll be back on my feet..." he murmurs

After a second, he'd sit up, his wound only mostly healed, and pat Ryan on the head "Good work, kid. Now, get to safety, I'd hate to be the reason a child got hurt in this fight"
He'd sigh, his hand moving upwards as he glares deep into Saber's eyes "I'm not holding back this time"
"If you think you can resist my power, then you'll have to prove to me by resisting my full strength! Show me you can resist more than a simple healing charm!"

Suddenly, his eyes would glow red as he'd smash through his own shield, his hand grabbing at Saber's throat forcibly
ryner_and_ferris_by_everardhell-d62gmn3.jpg

The true Alpha Stigma had awoken

His eyes bore into Saber as he raised his hand, Excalibur forming in it, as he shoves it deep into her shoulder, aiming to disable her arm to prevent her from fighting back

"Analyse Existence...And...Release"
He began going to work, erasing the magical corruption and the magic that controlled her, his eyes blazing with deep, dark red magic

"Begone, pathetic perversion of magic" he growls, his powers inteinsifying as he goes bout erasing every last molecule of energy that was forced upon her by Fiamma

He opened a series of Gates of Babylon around him slowly, his eyes locked with hers as he sneers

"Just in case you decide to find a way around this...You'll die before I let you hurt any of them"

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @Crimson Spartan @Wedge Antilles @Mari

"Gufgh!"

The lip came off easier than Frank might have expected. There was relatively little blood from the wound. Much less than one might expect. Kotomine's body was also rotting, just like with everyone else. Still, it also meant that it didn't hurt as much, a similar effect to Minato losing his thumb. Compared to a body that was not already naturally rotting from the Holy Grail's aura that drained everything, it wasn't too bad.

But even so.

It hurt at least a little.

Recovering, the priest continued to make his move. Folding his leg up, he'd perform multiple side kicks towards Frank, the first few targeting the man's stomach, before gradually moving up to his chest, his throat, and then back to his face.

Frank spat it out with a wicked, sadistic grin. When the kicks came, he took a few to his stomach, reeling backwards. At the others, though, he did a simple Kenpo parry of the basic, increasingly predictable attack, pushing it aside and attempting to throw Kotomine off balance by doing so. Regardless of whether or not he succeeded in throwing his opponent off, his next move was an attempt to end the fight right then.

He suddenly launched a series of straight and reverse punches at Kotomine, like a boxer testing his opponent's defenses. A good five punches in, though, one of his reverse punches whiffed by Kotomine, sailing away harmlessly... as he transferred his momentum into a spinning sidekick at Kotomine's knee.

@Verite
@The Tactician
@Gummi Bunnies

Ryan was more or less standing off to the side, helplessly. She was obviously eager to help in some way... But there was clearly nothing the child could do. Her lip quivered slightly for the briefest moment.... Before her look of helplessness was replaced by one of sheer determination. I can't just sit here.. It's not what Lena-bena or Jules would do. They'd get out there and fight..!

"..."

..But I'm no good for that. And I refuse to resort to violence.

Briefly, the child's features fell, and that look of inferiority returned. But, she shook her head, standing up straighter. She couldn't back down just because her skill set wasn't the same as others. She wouldn't. Ry and the others said my healing is a gift, right...? Well, I ought to use that gift just like Lena, Reece, and Jules use theirs! Resolve seeping into her features, the child dashed closer to the battlefield than she likely should have, clearly hellbent on contributing. No matter what happened to her, there was no way she'd simply sit back and let these people get hurt. She needed to help them, no matter what effect it had on her.

So, naturally, when she saw what happened to Ryner... She did something really, really stupid: ran right into the heat of the battle, and threw her tiny little body at him in... what was probably intended to be a tackle to get him out of the way of the fight, but ultimately probably failed because the kid was light as heck.

10/10 :|

"G-ghh.. Hang on, I'll.. Fix you right up..." Wasting no time, Ryan recovered from her maneuver.. And immediately set to trying to heal Ryner's wound, while trying to stay in a position in which her body was between Saber and Ryner. It'd suck to have him further hurt while she was trying to heal him, obviously. Smart kid, huh? :|

@DapperDogman

Meanwhile, Reece was still recovering from all that had happened. She clambered to her feet unsteadily, forcing herself to regain her balance or fall. Luckily, it was the former, and she managed to straighten herself out. Her brilliant green eyes quickly adapted to their new surroundings, and they roamed the area quietly, observing it and the ongoings in it. What she saw made her eyes widened, and she instantly became much more aware. So.. Flamma's using Saber like a puppet, she thought, grimly. Just as Ridley's power allows for. All the more reason to dislike him, I suppose. But.. That's besides the point.

The Sybil was about to see what she could contribute to the battle.. When something hit her. ..Ryan. The blonde's eyes roamed once again, searching desperately for a specific character. When she found her, well... It wasn't good. Damn it all! How was it that, even in death, her sister still managed to throw herself into ridiculous, dangerous situations? Whatever, Reece didn't have time to think about that right now. No, instead, she had to focus on following suit and protecting her sister.

...If it was possible to protect someone after they'd died, but, whatever.

All odd ponderings aside, the Caster didn't waste any time in sprinting to catch up to her sister and Ryner, before beginning to.. Chant? Yes, it was definitely chanting. The language was most certainly unrecognizable to anyone but Reece and Ryan - an ancient Caster language that I don't have the right keys to type out that likely would sound like gibberish to anyone else. But, apparently, it did some good - Reece was conjuring up... Something. It was bathed in light and hard to make out, so it was kind of hard to tell just what the hell it was or if it was a totally sturdy cushion like last time or not. Oh, well.

@Crimson Spartan @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Wedge Antilles @Mari
Ryner can physically feel the disappointment crushing down on him as he collapses to the ground, weakly looking up at the battle raging on
'And now I'm going to die for nothing. Am I truly that worthless? I can't even save one woman when it matters the most'
He clutches his wound tightly, coughing weakly as he closes his eyes, weak with blood loss

But not before a shimmering wall of blue magical energy formed between the group and Saber, attempting to block all the attacks people were launching at each other. And more importantly, to protect Ryan, who'd rushed to his side to save him

"H-Hey, look at you, kiddo" he says weakly, opening an eye and looking at Ryan "You're a brave one, aren't you?"

After a second, he'd sit up, his wound only mostly healed, and pat Ryan on the head "Good work, kid. Now, get to safety, I'd hate to be the reason a child got hurt in this fight"
He'd sigh, his hand moving upwards as he glares deep into Saber's eyes "I'm not holding back this time"
"If you think you can resist my power, then you'll have to prove to me by resisting my full strength! Show me you can resist more than a simple healing charm!"

Suddenly, his eyes would glow red as he'd smash through his own shield, his hand grabbing at Saber's throat forcibly

His eyes bore into Saber as he raised his hand, Excalibur forming in it, as he shoves it deep into her shoulder, aiming to disable her arm to prevent her from fighting back

He began going to work, erasing the magical corruption and the magic that controlled her, his eyes blazing with deep, dark red magic

"Begone, pathetic perversion of magic" he growls, his powers inteinsifying as he goes bout erasing every last molecule of energy that was forced upon her by Fiamma

He opened a series of Gates of Babylon around him slowly, his eyes locked with hers as he sneers

"Just in case you decide to find a way around this...You'll die before I let you hurt any of them"

The battle was moving quickly, seeing Ryner's suddenly shift in battle tactics when Ryan went to heal him Gilgamesh decided to take full advantage of the opportunity it left open.
Unsummoning his Gates of Babylon he re-opened them alongside Ryners using the combination of their Gates to form an effect perimeter around Saber, leaving her with no angle that there wasn't one of their Gates facing her.
Then rising himself up so that he was overlooking the battlefield he said "Arthur! Like your Knight Lancelot you have now fallen! Now face the combined might of the Gates of Babylon and begone!".

Frank spat it out with a wicked, sadistic grin. When the kicks came, he took a few to his stomach, reeling backwards. At the others, though, he did a simple Kenpo parry of the basic, increasingly predictable attack, pushing it aside and attempting to throw Kotomine off balance by doing so. Regardless of whether or not he succeeded in throwing his opponent off, his next move was an attempt to end the fight right then.

He suddenly launched a series of straight and reverse punches at Kotomine, like a boxer testing his opponent's defenses. A good five punches in, though, one of his reverse punches whiffed by Kotomine, sailing away harmlessly... as he transferred his momentum into a spinning sidekick at Kotomine's knee.

@Verite
@The Tactician
@Gummi Bunnies
Kotomine would expertly block the straights and reverses with his arms, recovering rather quickly, before deftly bringing up his knee and shifting its position around so that Frank would kick his shin instead. Though it still pained the man to some degree, to him, it was far more preferable to taking a kick to the knee, given where the fight would shift to if it would be hit. In response, the priest would counterattack with an exceptionally powerful punch from below headed straight for Frank's solar plexus, managing to lift the older man off the ground with the astonishing power behind the punch, before giving another punch to the face with the intent of sending Frank's body back towards the general direction of the others.

With a grin that only someone that was not human could make, Kotomine would look down at not just Frank, but the rest of you all as well, all of the emotions he had been holding in all this time finally being let out like water out of a hose.

CuiykE8.jpg

"IT'S USELESS! NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, IT'S USELESS! TRY AS YOU MIGHT TO FIGHT IT, IT SEEMS THAT THERE'S ONE THING YOU CANNOT GRASP!"

"THE MURDER GAMES WILL LIVE ON FOREVER!"

"EVEN IF YOU KILL ME AND ACHIEVE PEACE FOR YOURSELF, OTHERS WILL SUFFER IN YOUR PLACE. I'VE ALREADY WON, EVEN IF I DIE HERE!" He yelled practically at the top of his lungs, possibly wasting even more energy than if he were simply fighting silently, "THIS IS THE NATURAL WAY OF REALITY. THE WILL OF CAUSALITY. DON'T YOU SEE?! WE'VE BEEN WRONG ALL THIS TIME! THOUGH THE ARCH DEMON WAS A BUMBLING FOOL, I MUST THANK HIM FOR OPENING MY EYES TO THIS POSSIBILITY! THE MURDER GAMES WILL BE RENDERED AS NATURAL TO THE MULTIVERSE AS WATER AND AIR ARE NATURAL TO THIS WORLD! EVEN IF YOU WIN HERE, I ALSO WIN! I'VE FINALLY FULFILLED THE PURPOSE OF MY LIFE!"

"ONLY THROUGH THE MURDER GAMES WILL HOPE AND DESPAIR FLOURISH BEAUTIFULLY! THAT IS WHY MY ACTIONS ARE FOR THE GOOD AND EVIL OF THE WORLDS! SO WE WILL SEE HERE AND NOW! WHICH WILL WIN HERE? HOPE OR DESPAIR?! COME ON!"

Kotomine would expertly block the straights and reverses with his arms, recovering rather quickly, before deftly bringing up his knee and shifting its position around so that Frank would kick his shin instead. Though it still pained the man to some degree, to him, it was far more preferable to taking a kick to the knee, given where the fight would shift to if it would be hit. In response, the priest would counterattack with an exceptionally powerful punch from below headed straight for Frank's solar plexus, managing to lift the older man off the ground with the astonishing power behind the punch, before giving another punch to the face with the intent of sending Frank's body back towards the general direction of the others.

With a grin that only someone that was not human could make, Kotomine would look down at not just Frank, but the rest of you all as well, all of the emotions he had been holding in all this time finally being let out like water out of a hose.

CuiykE8.jpg

"IT'S USELESS! NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, IT'S USELESS! TRY AS YOU MIGHT TO FIGHT IT, IT SEEMS THAT THERE'S ONE THING YOU CANNOT GRASP!"

"THE MURDER GAMES WILL LIVE ON FOREVER!"

"EVEN IF YOU KILL ME AND ACHIEVE PEACE FOR YOURSELF, OTHERS WILL SUFFER IN YOUR PLACE. I'VE ALREADY WON, EVEN IF I DIE HERE!" He yelled practically at the top of his lungs, possibly wasting even more energy than if he were simply fighting silently, "THIS IS THE NATURAL WAY OF REALITY. THE WILL OF CAUSALITY. DON'T YOU SEE?! WE'VE BEEN WRONG ALL THIS TIME! THOUGH THE ARCH DEMON WAS A BUMBLING FOOL, I MUST THANK HIM FOR OPENING MY EYES TO THIS POSSIBILITY! THE MURDER GAMES WILL BE RENDERED AS NATURAL TO THE MULTIVERSE AS WATER AND AIR ARE NATURAL TO THIS WORLD! EVEN IF YOU WIN HERE, I ALSO WIN! I'VE FINALLY FULFILLED THE PURPOSE OF MY LIFE!"

"ONLY THROUGH THE MURDER GAMES WILL HOPE AND DESPAIR FLOURISH BEAUTIFULLY! THAT IS WHY MY ACTIONS ARE FOR THE GOOD AND EVIL OF THE WORLDS! SO WE WILL SEE HERE AND NOW! WHICH WILL WIN HERE? HOPE OR DESPAIR?! COME ON!"

Frank sat on his back in a daze for a good few seconds. Several ribs were broken. His jaw had almost met the same fate. Slowly, he sat up with a grunt. Enough fooling around.

"You talk too much."

The old man drew the pistol from his waist and tried to spray into his opponent's torso.

@Verite
@The Tactician

Reactions: Minerva
Well, that was perfect.

A sword of fire, against a controller of nitrogen? The young esper raised both of her hands and concentrated the nitrogen there, attempting to use it to put out the fire and stop the blade at the same time.

Scientifically it seemed sound. But maybe it wasn't so effective on a magical fire sword.

@coralprime @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Verite
Cinder Fall
@coralprime @Jeremi @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk @Josh M @Gibbons @El Tigre! @C.T. @Verite @TheColourlessRainbow @Mighty Roman @OrlandoBloomers @Krieg @Nater Taters @Cromartie Sarkissian @Kaykay
tumblr_inline_neeganEQvX1sk47ji.png

Cinder moved quickly, attempting to deflect and dodge the various projectiles coming towards her as she ran forwards, attempting to parry one of Fiamma's swings with her dust blade, giving her room to strike at him more proficciently with her other. It became apparant that Cinder was putting a considerable amount of effort into this given her speed; had Fiamma been the average human, or opponent Cinder used to face back in Vale, he most likely wouldn't have stood a chance at all...​
The display of teamwork from Cinder and Kinuhata, whether deliberate or not, would catch Fiamma of the Right off-guard. Cinder's strikes would successfully clash against Fiamma's, giving Kinuhata the chance to make her move. Fortunately for the nitrogen-wielding Esper, the flames on the blade would be put out, and the blade would stop briefly as it would collide just about harmlessly into Kinuhata's Offense Armor. Still, he wasn't to be deterred.

It couldn't end like this. He had so much more that he needed to do!

"You will not... get in my way! I will save these worlds from the folly of man!!"

Drawing his sword back, he would quickly utter another spell.

"The Strike That Reaches Everything When Swung!"

Indeed, all of you would suddenly be blasted back several feet, though the strike could have been far stronger than it was, possibly a testament to all the power that had been lost as Fiamma of the Right began to suffer the strange infection from his right hand. Who knows what would happen if he were to lose the hand?

Either way, having used the spell to create some space for himself, Fiamma of the Right uttered yet another one.

"Scarlet Stone of Pexjarva!"

Before long, what seemed like invisible hands from the ground would suddenly give you all the sensation of ripping through your flesh and into your muscle. Those on the slower side could just about feel your joints being physically forced apart by the mysterious properties of the spell, as it seemed the magician intended to handicap you all quickly.

@coralprime @Jeremi @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk @Josh M @Gibbons @El Tigre! @C.T. @Verite @TheColourlessRainbow @Mighty Roman @OrlandoBloomers @Krieg @Nater Taters @Cromartie Sarkissian @Kaykay @york

Frank sat on his back in a daze for a good few seconds. Several ribs were broken. His jaw had almost met the same fate. Slowly, he sat up with a grunt. Enough fooling around.

"You talk too much."

The old man drew the pistol from his waist and tried to spray into his opponent's torso.

@Verite
@The Tactician

"Tch!"

With a click of the tongue, Kotomine would attempt to protect his body with his right hand. Each bullet destroyed his hand, finger by finger, before eventually, the entire body part simply dissipated like a stone turning into dust, hardly any blood spurting out, the priest treating it more as an inconvenience rather than a painful thing judging from his facial expressions. Still, he seemed hardly intimidated or deterred. If anything, it seemed like it only spurred him on to talk even more.

"Ah, yes... This feeling of desperation and contradicting apathy. It truly is like you, Frank Castle... We really could have been friends in another hyperverse somewhere. We could have been destined to go at this forever! Ever since the first time I had laid my eyes upon you, I had known you were special! You were just like that man from before. Kiritsugu Emiya. The man who killed everything in his path and sacrificed those that he had loved to ensure the smiles of those whom he didn't know."

He had been mistaking one factor.

"I've miscalculated. To you, this isn't just a fight for the sake of the two worlds. You're different from him. You fight not with the aim of sacrificing those you care for if necessary, but rather, now to protect what is now before you. This is a fight for her, isn't it?"

"THIS IS A FIGHT WITH OUR BODIES AT STAKE! THIS IS A FIGHT FOR YOURSELF!"

With another leap, he lunged straight for Frank, aiming to throw a punch straight towards his face!

"DIE AS YOU HAVE LIVED, FRANK CASTLE! FULL OF MISERY AND POWERLESSNESS!"

This was the final stand of Kirei Kotomine. His final gesture. The final bit of proof that he existed within this world.

• Love
Reactions: BarrenThin

"Tch!"

With a click of the tongue, Kotomine would attempt to protect his body with his right hand. Each bullet destroyed his hand, finger by finger, before eventually, the entire body part simply dissipated like a stone turning into dust, hardly any blood spurting out, the priest treating it more as an inconvenience rather than a painful thing judging from his facial expressions. Still, he seemed hardly intimidated or deterred. If anything, it seemed like it only spurred him on to talk even more.

"Ah, yes... This feeling of desperation and contradicting apathy. It truly is like you, Frank Castle... We really could have been friends in another hyperverse somewhere. We could have been destined to go at this forever! Ever since the first time I had laid my eyes upon you, I had known you were special! You were just like that man from before. Kiritsugu Emiya. The man who killed everything in his path and sacrificed those that he had loved to ensure the smiles of those whom he didn't know."

He had been mistaking one factor.

"I've miscalculated. To you, this isn't just a fight for the sake of the two worlds. You're different from him. You fight not with the aim of sacrificing those you care for if necessary, but rather, now to protect what is now before you. This is a fight for her, isn't it?"

"THIS IS A FIGHT WITH OUR BODIES AT STAKE! THIS IS A FIGHT FOR YOURSELF!"

With another leap, he lunged straight for Frank, aiming to throw a punch straight towards his face!

"DIE AS YOU HAVE LIVED, FRANK CASTLE! FULL OF MISERY AND POWERLESSNESS!"

This was the final stand of Kirei Kotomine. His final gesture. The final bit of proof that he existed within this world.

Everything had been going great... and then Kotomine started to taunt him about Rin. He felt rage boil up to the surface. He felt nothing but hate. As Kirei launched himself at him, Frank waited until the last moment... then rolled out of the way. This close, Kirei could easily the light that had entered his eyes, if he bothered looking. The light of an animal clawing to be let out. The gun clicked harmlessly, empty of bullets, so he shifted it to wield it like a club. One quick swipe at the side of Kirei's head, followed by as powerful a front snap kick he could manage to Kirei's jawline. The old man wasn't dying here. Not without a fight.

@Verite
@The Tactician
@Gummi Bunnies

Ryner's words and actions provoked a weak smile from Ryan, who was tearing up more than a little. But, she didn't care. All she cared about right now was making sure her friends were alright. So, she tried to ignore the tears threatening to roll down her cheeks, and to instead focus on healing Ryner up. There was a pause before she responded, but her words were thoughtful when they came. "..I guess so. I don't think I'm as brave as the rest of my family, though," she spoke, softly.

Before the child had the chance to heal him, she hesitated. "Wait, we still need to get that sword out of you," she stated, eyebrows furrowing. This would be a challenge... She knew very well that just pulling the blade out would be excruciatingly painful, and could cause more damage, but what other way to go about it was there? Before she had the time to think this over, Reece shook her head in frustration. The older blonde let whatever odd object she'd conjured up fall to the ground, and- since Ryner had a shield up to keep the attacks at bay -started speaking that odd language again with closed eyes, a single hand raising to point... Right at Ryner.

Wait, back up - what the hell was she doing?

Her words grew slightly louder as she continued on, and then something odd happened. The sword simply... Vanished. The only sign left of it ever having been there was the wound. Jeez, neat trick, huh? Moments later, the sword reappeared in Reece's hands. "..Now, Ryan, please hurry," was all the Sybil said before turning back around and glanced down at the item she'd conjured. It looked like some sort of.. Book. But it was odd, and almost mystic-seeming. As she grabbed it, she spoke again. "...And you, Ryner - please don't do anything too ridiculously stupid or dangerous. I'd much rather you not die on us."

How sweet.

Relieved that the sword was gone, Ryan wasted no time in beginning to heal Ryner, and was glad to see her efforts bearing fruit. Despite the tears sliding down her face, she smiled brightly at Ryner, completely happy with the way he'd patted her in praise. When he told her to get out of the way, though, her expression became a bit less cheerful and more serious. "Alright.. Please be careful, Ry..."

And then the child reluctantly moved away without looking back, grabbing onto Reece's sleeve and trying to tug her out of the way of the fight.

Good kid.

Thing was, Reece wasn't budging just yet. "..Take the book, Ryan. I'll join you in a moment," the Light Caster stated, firmly. Ryan hesitated, but reluctantly released her grip on her older sister before doing as she was told. The child grabbed the book and dashed for the sidelines, while Reece's eyes combed the area in search for something. Soon enough, she found it.

Lon'qu.

With a deadpan expression, the blonde tightened her grip on the sword. She couldn't just run up to him and give him the sword.. So she quickly formulated an idea. Her eyes glanced to where Gilgamesh stood, and she waved at him. "Gilgamesh! I need to you to open one of your gates to get this to Lon'qu!"

@DapperDogman @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Crimson Spartan @Wedge Antilles @Mari

The display of teamwork from Cinder and Kinuhata, whether deliberate or not, would catch Fiamma of the Right off-guard. Cinder's strikes would successfully clash against Fiamma's, giving Kinuhata the chance to make her move. Fortunately for the nitrogen-wielding Esper, the flames on the blade would be put out, and the blade would stop briefly as it would collide just about harmlessly into Kinuhata's Offense Armor. Still, he wasn't to be deterred.

It couldn't end like this. He had so much more that he needed to do!

"You will not... get in my way! I will save these worlds from the folly of man!!"

Drawing his sword back, he would quickly utter another spell.

"The Strike That Reaches Everything When Swung!"

Indeed, all of you would suddenly be blasted back several feet, though the strike could have been far stronger than it was, possibly a testament to all the power that had been lost as Fiamma of the Right began to suffer the strange infection from his right hand. Who knows what would happen if he were to lose the hand?

Either way, having used the spell to create some space for himself, Fiamma of the Right uttered yet another one.

"Scarlet Stone of Pexjarva!"

Before long, what seemed like invisible hands from the ground would suddenly give you all the sensation of ripping through your flesh and into your muscle. Those on the slower side could just about feel your joints being physically forced apart by the mysterious properties of the spell, as it seemed the magician intended to handicap you all quickly.

@coralprime @Jeremi @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk @Josh M @Gibbons @El Tigre! @C.T. @Verite @TheColourlessRainbow @Mighty Roman @OrlandoBloomers @Krieg @Nater Taters @Cromartie Sarkissian @Kaykay @york
"Ugh!"

Ethel was feeling the pain from that came from whatever spell Fiamma used.

But if Fiamma was trying to stop everyone, might as well return the favor, as Ethel executed Ice Coffin now, intending to freeze Fiamma.

During this point in time, Ilona had been in a rather whimsical mood after having spent some time with the skeleton brothers and her big brother Minato. The young princess ending up going wherever the wind would take her, eventually ending up at the cleaning with the others. Eve, on the other hand, was in a mood rather opposite in accordance to Ilona's mood. She was solemn and quiet, feeling deeply frustrated inside. She arrived at the clearing around the same time that Ilona did. The bright little girl was not, however, happy to see the female bioweapon.

Ilona took a few steps back from Eve upon seeing her, treating the girl as if she was ill with a plague. "I-It's you," she mumbled, struggling to hide a visible glare which was etched in her face. "A traitor..." A killer just like the other bad people.

tumblr_inline_nl2h0obnP31r3leyb.png

Eve turned herself away from Ilona. "You don't have to hide it, you don't have to try to pretend you're not upset with me just to make me feel better. I know that's what you're trying to do."

The princess bit her lower lip, narrowing her blue eyes. "I-I'm not pretending. You were my friend, so why would I be upset?"

"You know why," replied the bioweapon, lifting her head to look at Ilona with a crimson gaze. "I killed Gilgamesh. After a time, you and a couple people from the group grew to trust me, yet I failed that trust. Don't pretend that doesn't bother you."

Wearing an expression of struggle for a moment, Ilona finally vanquished it--replacing her expression with that of an angry one. "Okay, yeah, I'm not happy! You were terrible!"

Ilona would pick up a rock from the ground and throw it at Eve. The blonde, however, would make no move to dodge it. The rock would strike her on the forehead, leaving a red mark right in the center.

"Horrible!"

The child threw another rock.

"Awful!"

Yet again, she threw a rock.

DbKoh3h.png

"You showed a complete disrespect for jolly co-operation! We work together with our friends, we don't harm them! We've all been trapped in this murder game together, so it's just awful that you would even think to hurt someone!"

"..."

"Well? Don't you have anything to say for yourself!?"

"I'm a demon, but I don't like to kill. Still, I killed hoping I could save someone I loved. I was promised a way to save someone if I did this, but I was lied to. I made a sacrifice for someone else. That's something a spoiled, happy-go-lucky little princess like yourself never has or likely never will understand."

Ilona screamed at the other girl, pulling her tiny blade from her belt. "You're terrible! You deserve to die!" She ran at Eve, who summoned a pair of white angel wings on her back.

xg5U7aX.gif

Eve folded the wings around herself, intending to block a hit from Ilona that never happened. Instead, Ilona halted her attack--distracted by the events around them. The reveal of Kotomine as the mastermind behind the murder game caught the girl off guard, along with what happened afterwards.

Eve fell into the darkness first, causing a look of relief on Ilona's face. "Good, she's gone! She deserves it!"

Seconds later, however, the princess joined her--falling into the darkness with the other female...

When the two girls awoke with the rest of the group Ilona was horrified by their surroundings. She squeezed her blue eyes shut and placed her hands over her ears, trembling.

3vJnXcE.png

"Mother, father, I'm scared. I-I know I'm going to wake up any minute now. I'll be at home in my bed, safe and sound. All of this will have been a dream. I-I'll be in Arendelle, just like I want to be."

Of course, the child's wishful thoughts weren't in alignment with her present reality. When she opened her eyes, she was in the same dark, dreadful location she had been sent to with some of the others.

"O-Okay, Mother and Father aren't here, but maybe some of my other friends are?"

"Sir Minato?"

"Ryan?"

"Sans? ...Papyrus?"

"Anyone?"

"Alone, why do I always end up alone?"

"Ilona."

The princess flinched, turning around when she heard her name called. It had been spoken by the one person she most dreaded seeing at the moment. "E-Eve, it's you."

tumblr_inline_nl2h2lPid31r3leyb.png

The bioweapon nodded. "Yes, it's me. I'm not sure where we are, but I think we should stay together."

Ilona lowered her head and touched the side of her belt, as if ready to whip her sword out again. Eve tensed when she saw this, readying a defense when she saw Ilona's hand fly out toward her. But instead of a sword held in her hand Ilona held... a flower.

"I'm not sure what to think of you," Ilona began, offering the flower to Eve--her blue eyes and head still tilted down toward the ground. "But I'm going to give you a chance right now."

Eve reached out and fingered the flower, trying to hide any emotion on her face. She was grateful, but she was trying her best to hide it for now. She didn't feel she deserved anyone giving her a chance, so Eve didn't want to seem happy about it. "I'll take your chance... for now. Let's try and catch up with the others."

Nodding, Ilona turned to look at her surroundings once again.

A shiver ran down her spine.

"There's no sunlight here."
"Hi, Ilona-chan," Minato called to the sunshine girl while keeping his eyes on the the battle between Kotomine and Frank.​

Status
Not open for further replies.