• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
put it back the way it was.
Until i can figure out what part of my table is causing it to generate extra code it's just going to have to be a bit messy :/

Alright, let's let the magic dice decide:
  1. Mara/Sorin/Erza/Seth
  2. The other one
  3. Isolation

Edit: The other one it is.

• Love
Reactions: Falcon
Alright I posted, the picture took me awhile but I got it in the end.

So how does a character go about creating the bond (or whatever we're calling it here) with a familiar?
Also, I believe myself and @PhantomThief715 are pairing Anu and Nerezza.

Basically the human and familiar agree it's what they want to do and grow and work together. It's sort of a natural thing that happens like growing a friendship. :) in most cases it's a life long friendship

There are some magical benefits like being able to communicate in whichever way works best and understanding how each other are feeling (like instinctively knowing one is sick etc)

I hope that explains it :d

So how does a character go about creating the bond (or whatever we're calling it here) with a familiar?
Also, I believe myself and @PhantomThief715 are pairing Anu and Nerezza.

I say they communicate though telepathy. And feel when eacother is not in top health or somethings wrong whether physical or mental.

When you say telepathy into your phone and it responds with To leprosy. XD

Telepathy will be difficult to achieve at first since familiars do not have innate magical abilities of their own. It could be learned over time, however. ;)

Telepathy will be difficult to achieve at first since familiars do not have innate magical abilities of their own. It could be learned over time, however. ;)

As a solution, early on, could one enchant their familiar to give it telepathy?

You mean use magic to bring make public the thoughts of another being? O.O
Even with the familiar's consent it would be a very very high level casting and the cost of botching could be disastrous. (e.g. permanently damaging the receiving party's brain)

Without the familiar's consent it would be considered tampering with another's mind and thus black magic. The cost of that is immediate expulsion and a handing over to the law.

So unless someone really wants to get risky... I won't stop you (eyes the karma paddle) though there would be consequences...

Here are a few more benign non-magical alternatives..
  • Familiars are incredibly smart. this means that they can learn to write and draw, or just point to words on a paper

• Some animals have the ability to actually speak with enough practice. Those in the parrot family (like Cal) will have an easier time of it as mimicking sounds comes naturally to their species. But some canines (and felines) can manage it as well.
    A little harder to understand but the meaning is clear

• Humans are more than capable of learning what their familiar's body language means. Head nods and shakes, follow me gestures are easy enough to understand. Most pet owners learn fairly quickly what other actions mean, and familiars themselves are smart enough to figure out how to clearly communicate without words.

• Other non-magical creative solutions people may suggest can go here.
It should be noted that I never intended the process to be easy. That is exactly why there is a special class for familiars as well as the elective of Familiars Basics for the human and familiar to take together. It's why having a familiar is also a process of growing together. It is also why I stated that familiars had to be real animals.

on an easier note, familiars can instinctively understand each other.

I should also state now that the classic form of telepathy in this world is the ability to project one's own thoughts and ideas to another. The attempt to use magic to read another's mind is considered not only rude, but an invasion of privacy.

Yes or no questions it is. XD

Woah, custom artwork. That's dedication.
It's not really that hard, I reuse my character appearances like crazy too.

Without the familiar's consent it would be considered tampering with another's mind and thus black magic. The cost of that is immediate expulsion and a handing over to the law.
I kind of want to know what is the consequences of using black magic in society (Like, is there some sort of prison, can you be released after a certain time of detention like in the real world, are death penalty a thing?)

ummm... depends on the crime i guess XD
I'd like to think that the punishment for crimes are the same regardless of the tools used to commit them.

Other than that I haven't worked it out, so if you have ideas feel free to share XD

• Thank You
Reactions: Midian and Eru
Just a reminder for those of you whole haven't yet to post or collab with someone by Sunday night ^_^

Also, if anyone wants to push their team ahead in the level, go ahead and give me a poke and I'll let you know what to expect so you can write about it ;)
Team Iris will probably just proceed onwards. Maybe get stuck on something along the way so the others can catch her.

@Cresion Breezes, @daird, @Eru @Helena SKy, @Luma, @Midian, @Petricus Euryale, @PhantomThief715, @Takashi

All right all so I finally finished the class schedule!
Some big changes have been made. Years two and four had classes switched and all years now have all the electives set, so please look over the electives and make sure I have your character down for the right things! XD
also let me know if I forgot something.

Familiar's Basics is now no longer in an electives slot. It will now take place once a week every Friday around dinner time. The class room is moved to a little tea room of the dining hall meaning participating students can bring their food with them.

Some electives will now also be combined level classes at need

If I'm need to post guys just let me know. Sometimes I don't GRT noticied.

I'm working on my GM post to which I think everyone will have something to reply to

• Thank You
Reactions: Midian