Still a little confused. So Ruins 1 and 2 are the study of both ruins and runes ???

Ruins = Old abandoned buildings that are now derelict, abandoned, and damaged by time. Once intact, now fallen into disrepair.

Runes = Writing and symbols such as the Norse alphabet. Used in many Germanic languages as early letters.

It does cover both, yes.
runes in the ruins XD

Think of it as the study of the Ruins of ancient peoples who were way more advanced in magic and everything that encompasses. If the RP progresses far enough we may actually have a field trip to one of these places ;) Runes are prominent part of this study as they are all over the ruins.

Think of it as studying the great ruins of Egypt which would include the study of hieroglyphics.

Various runes are also covered in magical languages with is a required course if that helps clarify.

I've clarified the class description since it seems to be such a source of confusion:
Ruins 1 and 2:
Learn about the many sets of ruin locations in Solaria, along with their history and cultural interpretation. Go in depth with art history and runes studies (alphabet/writing system) at these locations. Ruins 2 may include field trips.

This may be an ironic time to ask considering the username above me, but do you have room for one more?

Reactions: Falcon
There is always room for more 8D

Read the info and submit a character and we'll find you a good spot to jump in!

• Thank You
Reactions: Luma and Eru
There is always room for more 8D

Read the info and submit a character and we'll find you a good spot to jump in!
Hi! Not to tag-team you here, but I also would like to submit a CS. :p
  • Appearance:
    Wolfgang isn't pale, but he isn't tanned either. His skin color is a sort of medium between the two tones. Wolfgang stands at 5'3", and weighs about 135 lbs. He has medium-sized freckles on both cheeks.
  • Familiar:
    no (searching)
  • Grade Type:
    High B grades, ending up at an average of about 88.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
@Eru - Approved ^_^
While I roll for your character's house is Wolfgang a 3rd or 4th year, and which elective will he be taking?

• Thank You
Reactions: Eru
@Eru - Approved ^_^
While I roll for your character's house is Wolfgang a 3rd or 4th year, and which elective will he be taking?
omg that was fast
Hmm... can he be a 3rd-year? And I'd like for him to take 'Culinary Magic'. c:

EDIT: wait heck I need two more, right? Can I also do 'Ruins 2' and 'Magical Creatures 1'?

Last edited by a moderator:
omg that was fast
Hmm... can he be a 3rd-year? And I'd like for him to take 'Culinary Magic'. c:

EDIT: wait heck I need two more, right? Can I also do 'Ruins 2' and 'Magical Creatures 1'?
Sorry, I believe I left out these extra electives as a 3rd-year; I've just edited them in now... @Falcon

• Useful
You can, although it's not required by any means. if you'd like a free period instead of an elective for one just let me know
And wolfgang's house is.
SphinxHill

I'm off to play with the schedule a bit.

All right @Eru all three of those will work if you want them, just had to swap an elective with brewing :)

You may post in the IC at any time, Let's say Wolfgang landed on an island near Vinno, Leilani, and Samantha. That way it's four and four :)
the link is at the top of the first post of this thread

• Love
All right @Eru all three of those will work if you want them, just had to swap an elective with brewing :)

You may post in the IC at any time, Let's say Wolfgang landed on an island near Vinno, Leilani, and Samantha. That way it's four and four :)
the link is at the top of the first post of this thread
Ok, thanks! I was debating it for a bit, but I'll keep the electives. I hope to make a post sometime this weekend~

It does cover both, yes.
runes in the ruins XD

Think of it as the study of the Ruins of ancient peoples who were way more advanced in magic and everything that encompasses. If the RP progresses far enough we may actually have a field trip to one of these places ;) Runes are prominent part of this study as they are all over the ruins.

Think of it as studying the great ruins of Egypt which would include the study of hieroglyphics.

Various runes are also covered in magical languages with is a required course if that helps clarify.

I've clarified the class description since it seems to be such a source of confusion:
Ruins 1 and 2:
Learn about the many sets of ruin locations in Solaria, along with their history and cultural interpretation. Go in depth with art history and runes studies (alphabet/writing system) at these locations. Ruins 2 may include field trips.

Thank you xD I just wanted to be absolutely sure.

icSUWJX.jpg
Name: Iris Adamantine

Appearance:

• Skin: Slightly pale
  • Height: 5'4"
  • Weight: 115
  • Other: Consistently wears an opal bracelet.

Familiar: No (searching)

Grade type: Straight-A

Electives:
  • Culinary Magic
  • Divination 3
  • Free

• Love
@Luma - approved
The magic dice have placed Iris in RocCliff ;)

I'll go update information :)

You may post at any time. this link is at the top of the info post

• Thank You
Reactions: Luma
@Luma - approved
The magic dice have placed Iris in RocCliff ;)

I'll go update information :)

You may post at any time. this link is at the top of the info post
Awesome! I'll see about posting as soon as I can.

@Luma
Sorry, I forgot!
Since there are two teams of four now, you may land near either in the beach world, or start off on your own island. (if you start on your own I'll place any other new players near you :) )

Oo, tough choice. 5 tends to be a bit crowded of a group, but 1 is a little sparse. Guess I'll decide when I actually post.... or just roll a die.

yeah sorry I'm trying to make it easier to read and apparently half my table codes don't work on site anymore
Got so frustrated I walked away for a bit and left it a mess XD
I'll tag you when it's fixed?