Post made (as some have already seen) 8D

Note, you do not need magic to solve the riddles, in fact other that that used to construct them no magic will work on them >:)

@Falcon are there any guidelines for writing a collab? Like, in case it might be good to write a collab with Cresion and Luma perhaps with this riddle. I was considering using an etherpad-based website? And would you like to be there to oversee how we might tackle the riddle, if so?

@Eru - I have no collab rules aside from the game rules already set. I do ask that you use whatever platform is comfortable for everyone involved.
I don't need to oversee, but if you have questions about anything let me know ^_^

@Watase Yu - hey, saw you were interested before the post was deleted, if you'd still like to join I am always accepting new characters :)

Reactions: Eru
Aight... in that case! @Luma @Cresion Breezes would you like to do a collab post regarding this puzzle? Just put a reaction on this post or reply below, and if the both of you are up for it I'll PM you with more details. ^^

Sure, collab's okay.
Also is it a bad sign if I solved that riddle in about five minutes...I mean, it's a pretty old one after all...

• Love
Reactions: Falcon
not bad at all <3
I figured the classics were the best place to start XD

• Thank You
Reactions: Cresion Breezes
It's easy unless there is one of those "no conditionals allowed" rules, these questions are literally built on conditionals......but just solving it straight up isn't fun for a story though.

Edit: also I solved it because I've seen it somewhere before, not because I'm actually competent.

There's one answer I know for sure works without a doubt, but I'm excited to see what all you come up with 8D

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Cresion Breezes
@Falcon - Glitch perhaps? I did walk away from my computer for a moment ... My nephew might have done something on accident. Haven't been in a group RP in a while, so it would be nice to change it up a bit.

Here is the profile again:

Picture:
yumi_watase_by_thelostfallen-dbmehdu.jpg

Name:
Yumi Watase

Appearance: At 5'1", Yumi has wavy black hair that reaches to her waist, teal eyes, lightly tanned skin, and a slim, athletic build.

Familiar: No, searching

Grade type: Yumi is known for being in the top 1 percent of her class.​

• Love
@Watase Yu - approved
quick questions: at 16 she can be either 3rd or 4th year, which would you like?
also, which electives will she be taking?
electives and course info can be found in the first post either under class info or the scheduel if that helps ^_^

@Falcon - Let's put her as a third year, as if she just turned 16. For her third year electives I choose: Ruins 1, Divination 2, and Magical Creatures 1.

@Watase Yu - I think you chose the only elective combination for year three I can't quite make work unless she wants to take two of the electives as a mixed level class XD
Any chance you'd be willing to bump one of the classes up a level? easiest solution is to have her take Ruins 2

Magic dice have cast Yumi's house as
SphinxHill

Also, do you have a preference to meet up with one of the existing groups, or would you like her to start the exam on her own?

@Falcon - XD I would somehow do that. Ruins 2 is fine. And let's go ahead and have her be with one of the groups. Which one doesn't really matter. Wolfgang would be the only one she would realistically be familiar with, being the same year and house ... but any group is fine.

She should know Iris as well since all the students in the same year take classes together :)

And you're good to post anytime.
Lets have her start solving her own riddle and end up on one of the islands one of the groups will land on when their riddle is done?
I can either come up with a riddle for yumi or you can write your own? or we can collab it somehow
If you don't have a group preference I can roll the magic dice again?

@Falcon - Ah. Yes. And Iris! ^.^ And sure, she can just join up with a group in next section. What does the riddle need to consist of? And whichever group is fine, really. So you can roll if you like.

EDIT: I'm drawing blanks for riddles ... So if you would like to choose it, that's fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the dice say Yumi'll end up on the island Wolfgang, Iris, and Vinno will reach when they solve their riddle.

The island will be fairly bare aside from the bridge leading to the one they're currently on which can't be used going the wrong way.
Yumi will need to solve her own riddle to get to it.
The riddle should be something that can be solved either by one person alone or by a group together.
It should also be something a non-magic user can solve.
So things like a workable puzzle, a task to accomplish or an actual riddle to answer

I hope that helps XD

@Falcon - Nice! Works for me.

And actually, that does help. I do have a thought on the riddle for her. I have a riddle and the answer of that riddle shows which fork to take to get to the next area to meet with Wolfgang, Iris, and Vinno. Do you want me to post the riddle here or PM it to you?

PM me and that way everyone else can have fun thinking about it as they read your post ^_^