Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see you're so cooperative. Thanks.

Well, while ERode is (Presumably) working on his CS, I'm going to begin work on the IC. I will be starting this post off in the middle of an assignment, with the main goal being simple eradication of a small herd of pesky demons which have taken residency near a Safe Zone (and the minor objective is getting Minerva a Demon Partner, cause otherwise she gon' die sometime soon). I will post a small post explaining what each other character would have been assigned to do in the situation given the circumstances, and their abilities.

If I do not have it up tonight, it should be up by tomorrow night

Perhaps a little excessive, but I wanna play an elitist jerk. Also, Cel, if there's any issues you have with the history, just say something.

mUl7CG1.png

Equals? There's only those who I will surpass, and those who are below me.
Savaniel Volduriaz
17 Years Old | Male | Year 5

Personality: Overflowing with confidence, Savaniel is an egocentric individual who does things only to benefit himself and his status. Yes, he is a swordsman who fights fairly and always allows his opponents to get back up after he knocks them down, but he's also extremely prone to mocking them for their inadequacies. Coming from himself, chivalric gestures appear to be taunting instead of honorable, and it never really seems like Savaniel is fighting for the sake of winning. To him, combat isn't about life or death, but instead, about increasing your reputation, increasing your personal worth as a combatant by displaying your skill.

Truly, he is an angel that isn't very angelic and all, and what he despises the most are those who seek the battlefield even though they are incomparably weak to himself. There is no merit in maggots crawling around, dependent on the power of demons. Savaniel can't deny the hard work that people put in to match an angel's might, but if that 'hard work' consists of giving their soul or spreading their legs for the very thing they're fighting?

Well, those existences are just trash then.

History: Within Heaven's gates, there have always been two noble families that shared the distinction of being famed for their swordplay. The family of Adonaia had General Sonya Adonaia, wielder of a greatsword that sundered the earth. With intelligence and might, she rose to the top, acclaimed for her strategies as she protected humanity from the demonic scourge.

But the family of Volduriaz, headed by the Incandescent Dragon, Theodore Volduriaz, scorned the defensive policies of Heaven and the fact that a remarkable swordswoman should be burdened with the responsibilities of command. Refusing promotion after promotion, Theodore instead sought to sharpen his swordplay and his magic, slaying hundreds of demons with the Ephemeral Ray on the frontlines of the war. He too was famous, the symbol of heaven's righteous wrath as his status grew far beyond his rank. And when General Sonya fell to a horde of those horned devils, it was Theodore that was dispatched from the Northern Front to stabilize the battlefield.

He did. And he didn't die.

It was with validation of superiority that Savaniel was raised. Made irrelevant when the last surviving member was merely a child, Adonaia fell into obscurity while Volduriaz was decorated with plentiful honors. Forced by his parents not the crack under the scrutiny brought upon him as their eldest child, Savaniel never rested in his pursuit of mastering the family sword style. He had expectations, and he had to exceed those expectations if he was to live without being ashamed of himself. Joining Horizon was expected. Constantly duelling and defeating students older than him was expected. Inheriting the Ephemeral Ray, Resplenara, was yet another burden, but a burden he was to carry.

Savaniel wasn't riddled with tragedies. He was riddled with the burdens of expectation that made him into a perfect swordsman and a horrible individual.

Weapon Specialty: Swords
Weapons:
The Ephemeral Ray, Resplenara – A beautifully crafted rapier, Resplenara's slender blade waxes and wanes with the reflection of light. It is a phantom weapon, capable of phasing through physical objects, piercing through magic, and cutting through intangible existences.

Skills:
Resplendence – What Savaniel possesses is divine speed, the ability to both perceive time at a slower rate than others and the ability to move faster than most human eyes can track. With this, he can dodge attacks that appear undodgeable, cut down projectiles mid-flight, and close the distance a breathtaking speeds. When fighting during the day, his sword moves so fast that it appears as if there's a cloak of shimmering light around him, mincing everything that approaches.

Light Wing Burst – By bringing his Resplendence to its highest output, Savaniel can attain a speed close to teleportation, as he disappears from one location and reappears within a ten meter radius of the next. Though ten meters is incredibly small, the true value in this is the fact that Savaniel is still moving that entire time, allowing him to immediately attack after reappearing.

Radiance – By momentarily infusing Resplenara with a large amount of mana, the phantom blade can shoot outwards in a beam, becoming Savaniel's only form of ranged attack. With this technique, even those out of range of the rapier must fear the direction it points and moves.

Miscellaneous:
Hates demons, and, by extension, hates humans who have to rely on the powers of demons to be useful.
Fiddles with his long hair when bored.
Has never lost in an official duel.
Has never genuinely smiled, only smirked or sniggered.
The number of friends he has equals zero. The number of rivals he has equals the population of angels.

excessive, and overboard? My good sir, I know not what you mean

Perhaps a little excessive, but I wanna play an elitist jerk. Also, Cel, if there's any issues you have with the history, just say something.

mUl7CG1.png

Equals? There's only those who I will surpass, and those who are below me.
Savaniel Volduriaz
17 Years Old | Male | Year 5

Personality: Overflowing with confidence, Savaniel is an egocentric individual who does things only to benefit himself and his status. Yes, he is a swordsman who fights fairly and always allows his opponents to get back up after he knocks them down, but he's also extremely prone to mocking them for their inadequacies. Coming from himself, chivalric gestures appear to be taunting instead of honorable, and it never really seems like Savaniel is fighting for the sake of winning. To him, combat isn't about life or death, but instead, about increasing your reputation, increasing your personal worth as a combatant by displaying your skill.

Truly, he is an angel that isn't very angelic and all, and what he despises the most are those who seek the battlefield even though they are incomparably weak to himself. There is no merit in maggots crawling around, dependent on the power of demons. Savaniel can't deny the hard work that people put in to match an angel's might, but if that 'hard work' consists of giving their soul or spreading their legs for the very thing they're fighting?

Well, those existences are just trash then.

History: Within Heaven's gates, there have always been two noble families that shared the distinction of being famed for their swordplay. The family of Adonaia had General Sonya Adonaia, wielder of a greatsword that sundered the earth. With intelligence and might, she rose to the top, acclaimed for her strategies as she protected humanity from the demonic scourge.

But the family of Volduriaz, headed by the Incandescent Dragon, Theodore Volduriaz, scorned the defensive policies of Heaven and the fact that a remarkable swordswoman should be burdened with the responsibilities of command. Refusing promotion after promotion, Theodore instead sought to sharpen his swordplay and his magic, slaying hundreds of demons with the Ephemeral Ray on the frontlines of the war. He too was famous, the symbol of heaven's righteous wrath as his status grew far beyond his rank. And when General Sonya fell to a horde of those horned devils, it was Theodore that was dispatched from the Northern Front to stabilize the battlefield.

He did. And he didn't die.

It was with validation of superiority that Savaniel was raised. Made irrelevant when the last surviving member was merely a child, Adonaia fell into obscurity while Volduriaz was decorated with plentiful honors. Forced by his parents not the crack under the scrutiny brought upon him as their eldest child, Savaniel never rested in his pursuit of mastering the family sword style. He had expectations, and he had to exceed those expectations if he was to live without being ashamed of himself. Joining Horizon was expected. Constantly duelling and defeating students older than him was expected. Inheriting the Ephemeral Ray, Resplenara, was yet another burden, but a burden he was to carry.

Savaniel wasn't riddled with tragedies. He was riddled with the burdens of expectation that made him into a perfect swordsman and a horrible individual.

Weapon Specialty: Swords
Weapons:
The Ephemeral Ray, Resplenara – A beautifully crafted rapier, Resplenara's slender blade waxes and wanes with the reflection of light. It is a phantom weapon, capable of phasing through physical objects, piercing through magic, and cutting through intangible existences.

Skills:
Resplendence – What Savaniel possesses is divine speed, the ability to both perceive time at a slower rate than others and the ability to move faster than most human eyes can track. With this, he can dodge attacks that appear undodgeable, cut down projectiles mid-flight, and close the distance a breathtaking speeds. When fighting during the day, his sword moves so fast that it appears as if there's a cloak of shimmering light around him, mincing everything that approaches.

Light Wing Burst – By bringing his Resplendence to its highest output, Savaniel can attain a speed close to teleportation, as he disappears from one location and reappears within a ten meter radius of the next. Though ten meters is incredibly small, the true value in this is the fact that Savaniel is still moving that entire time, allowing him to immediately attack after reappearing.

Radiance – By momentarily infusing Resplenara with a large amount of mana, the phantom blade can shoot outwards in a beam, becoming Savaniel's only form of ranged attack. With this technique, even those out of range of the rapier must fear the direction it points and moves.

Miscellaneous:
Hates demons, and, by extension, hates humans who have to rely on the powers of demons to be useful.
Fiddles with his long hair when bored.
Has never lost in an official duel.
Has never genuinely smiled, only smirked or sniggered.
The number of friends he has equals zero. The number of rivals he has equals the population of angels.
Barring the fact that we've already filled our quota for elitist snobs, welcome to the show!

Wasn't there only one? And a weak snob as well? :3

Wasn't there only one? And a weak snob as well? :3
Skill doesn't mean a thing when you can flaunt your nobility and get to the top that way~.

Disclaimer: Can't actually do that in this universe, I tried..

God, I feel bad for Yosuke. We have a girl trying to kill herself, a Snobbish girl who thinks she's better than everyone, though can't really do much, and a Snobbish guy who actually is better by everyone. How the hell is he supposed to keep these people alive?!

God, I feel bad for Yosuke. We have a girl trying to kill herself, a Snobbish girl who thinks she's better than everyone, though can't really do much, and a Snobbish guy who actually is better by everyone. How the hell is he supposed to keep these people alive?!
Stick them in a group?

Verite's Character. She subconsciously does not care if she dies

Ah, gotcha.
And Savaniel better watch out.
He may be a snob, but the subtle similarities between them may grow on them ;3
Kidding.
But no, the backstory looks fine to me, and if there's anything else you may want to coordinate with our characters or pasts feel free to message me~^^
We could be able to write it or fix it up better if we discuss, or not, the offer is there.

@ERode

201602_0957_aichg_sm.jpg

On a probably unrelated note, I am working it right now. It should be done by tonight, but homework and class does exist

The fish know all the secrets. They know the cold. They know the dark.

Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.

BY INVITATION ONLY - Horizon's Last Stand IC

IC is up.

CURRENT SITUATION
The team is facing a small force of Goblins. They are extremely weak by themselves, but often travel in groups, and are not afraid to sacrifice their own companions for their safety. Real cowards these ones. Yosuke had Sylvia summon Fireflies to mark where the Goblins are currently in the dark. They are waiting for Yosuke's mark to begin the attack upon them.

@Reanimator Bob, @Wolfsbane706
Currently hiding on the edge of a forested area, watching the Goblins leave the safety of the woods to raid the crops and animals. Minerva has been told by Yosuke to form a Pact with one of these guys.​

@ShiroKiyoshi, @ERode, @Verite, @Zero The Grimm
You four are hiding somewhere nearby awaiting Yosuke as well.​
@Cel
Same as everyone else, just preparing to make things easier for everyone to see​

Status
Not open for further replies.