LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Genres
Fantasy Romance, Scifi
IC
Reserved Spots: 7
Minimum Spots: 4
Maximum Spots: 7
yellow Some of you may remember Horizon Demon Hunter Academy. It is a story of my own creation which I particularly enjoy. And that is why I keep reviving it. That said, this time I am doing this different. Every time I have created Horizon, I was always making a Large Group Role Play. This is not easy to keep a story consistent. Thus, I am Re-doing this, accepting only a set amount of characters.

T1a8Da2.jpg

In the year 2021, the Earth was on the brink of war. Russia and United States had gone to war after the assassination of the newly elected president. There was no real evidence that Russia was the behind this unforeseen event. However, the people wanted retribution. After threats against the US, Russia was the top suspect. Soon both began preparing for war. All other countries begged and pleaded them not to, yet they did not stop. War broke out and neither side was going anywhere. During this time of turmoil, the US Secretary of Defenses managed to obtain popularity among citizens, and soon seized control, establishing Marshal Law. However, he was truly a wicked man. He had no remorse. He launched several nuclear missiles on Russia. Russia fell in a matter of weeks... The other nations were outraged by this use of WMDs. They declared war on the US. Thus World War III had begun. The war had only raged for two years, before the unexpected happened. Hveravellir, a volcano in Iceland that had been lying dormant for centuries, erupted violently. The area surrounding it was covered in lava. Arising from the lava, and descending from the ash, an obsidian, and brimstone door took form. Though it was black, one could see hints of red in its glassy frame. It opened, and as if the floodgates had been released, demons spewed forth.

High above the Earth, a group of elite Angels, The Divine Counsel quickly met, and began debating the correct course of actions. By the time they had finished deciding, much of humanity had been decimated. They built Horizon, a floating city just below the Heavens, as a safe place for Humans. However, the Earth had fallen under control of the Demon Lord. Chaos and Anarchy reigned It is now the year 2163, and little ground has been gained.

• Congratulations! You have been accepted to the prestigious Horizon Academy, where you will work alongside other Angels and even Humans in your quest to slay the demons that plague the once beautiful Earth. Here you will be taught how to invoke your powers and use them in combat. Various weapons classes are taught as well, so you may choose the weapon that best suits you.

As an Angel, you will be placed into Class Aether, along with all other Angels who will be attending. This classification is simply for our own records. Due to your classification, you will be taking courses on Demon Slaying, and each will have an Ability Trainer. Each one of you have an innate special power of your own. Due to this, you do not require help from Demons to fight. As it is against our laws, you are not to form a pact with a Demon under any circumstances, for fear of Falling.

Rules must be followed at all times. They are in place or your own safety. A list of rules has been placed along with this message. Please review them carefully.

Rules
    -Uniforms must be worn through the entirety of the school day
    -No unsupervised Duels
    -If a mission is too difficult abort immediately and inform the Head of House

For the sake of cleansing the world I thank you,
    -Head of House Aether, Samuel

• Congratulations! You have been accepted into Horizon Academy, where you will work beside other Humans, and even Angels to take back our precious home from the demons who have overrun it. Here you will be taught how to speak with demons and persuade them to join your cause. You will be taught about forging packs and how to effectively command your demons to help you in battle as well as use the skills that they teach you. There are plenty of weapons courses to choose from, so pick you favorite.

As a Human, you will be placed in Class Gaia. This classification is used to help us determine what training each of you require. We Humans have no special powers at our disposal, so we need to borrow them. You will be receiving training in Demonology, and Communications. You will need to partner up with a few demons if you ever hope to take back the Earth.

Rules must be followed at all times. They are in place for your own safety. A list of rules is enclosed with this letter. Please review them carefully.
    Rules

-Uniforms must be worn the entirety of the school day
    -No unsupervised Duels
    -If a mission is too dangerous, abort immediately and inform the Head of House

On behalf of Humanity I thank you
    -Head of House Gaia, Lukas Goodwin

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What to Expect

Looking for a small committed group

This never really seems to go very far, so this time I'm taking a different approach. It will focus more on plot. Character development and relations will still be important. This will not be a "sandbox" RP. What I am looking for is an adventure with 4-7 Characters as they grow and develop. Due to the smaller amount of characters it will be easier to make accommodations for special characters. That said, it'd still need to make sense. I have a fully developed plot, that is capable of being modified as needed, and would love to include "Character Arcs" so I would enjoy it if we worked things out as a party(and sometimes with just me) in order to make an enriching and enjoyable story.

A little on Humans:

It is currently the third generation of humans since they were evacuated. Many of those in the Academy have never known earth as home, unless they grew up in a safe zone. Humans stand very little chance against a fight with demons or even angels. To compensate, they have began to forge "Pacts" with demons. This grants them more power, and the demon will fight beside them.

A little on Angels:

Angels and Humans can indeed fall in love, have children together, yada yada, yada. However there are no Half Angels. Anglicism is treated similar to a recessive trait passed down from the parents. That means that it is possible for two Humans to have an Angel child, if they both have one of the "recessive" genes. Angels are holy beings. Whether or not they are truly created by a "God" is unknown to humans, and even many Angels. Those that do know are forbidden to tell. Being holy beings they are forbidden to forge backs with Demons.

Character Sheet

• Name:
    Year:(How many years have they been at the academy? 1-5)
    Appearance:(Pics or Wall of text or both. Anime pics only)

Personality:(How your character acts)

History:(The story of your character)

Weapon Specialty: (ONE weapon of your choice)

Weapons:(One enchanted and several unenchanted if you wish)

Demons: (Humans are allowed two demons for now Please include a picture, and a description of its powers. If it has a personality, feel free to add it in.)

Skills:(Humans are allowed two skills. These are based off their demon's powers.)

Miscellaneous:

• Name:

Year:(How many years have they been at the academy? 1-5)

Appearance(Pics or Wall of text or both. Anime pics highly prefered)

Personality:(A few descriptive words or an entire explanation is fine)

History:(The story of the your character)

Weapon Specialty: (ONE weapon type of your choice)

Weapons: (One enchanted weapon, and as many non enchanted as you'd like)

Skills:(Angels start off with 5-3 Skills. These skills should revolve around a central theme)

Miscellaneous:

Places in the World

• Earth is the home of the Humans. Well now only some parts are home to the Humans. These parts are considered safe zones, however demons infiltrating and attacking these safe zones, though rare, are not unheard of. Some have started to move back to these safe zones. The Safe Zones are as follows:

• CfxRSqR.jpg

The largest residing South American Continent, yet has the lowest population based on size. It is on the edge of the Amazon forest in Brazil. Kinich is a very large area making it difficult to protect. The majority of the population here are the military force on earth composed of graduated students of Horizon Academy. It is the Base of Operations on Earth. The majority of the space is used for military training and facilities.
      100,558 square miles(260,444 square km)
      -Current Population: 306,007

• new_harmony___mountain_city_by_stargazerrjl-d6m40xk.jpg

The Safe Zone of Loxdon is found in the Appalachian Mountain range, and parts of Virginia and North Carolina. It is the provider of the majority of minerals used by the Human forces. This safe zone has the least protection and is the most likely to be attacked and overrun. Quite a few requests originate from this zone.
      50,346 square miles(130,395 square km)
      -Current Population: 219,453

• The_marshland_by_jameli.jpg

Remus is located in the bogs of Ireland. There are many demons hidden in the marshlands of the island, making Remus one of the more dangerous Zones
      30,265 square miles(78,387 square km)
      -Current Population: 121,434

• 8H5zw.jpg

The majority of Umezawa is in the Coastal Regions of Japan. This is has made Umezawa a trade port for the Safe Zones. Umezawa provides a fair amount of seafood. In spite of the evacuation of people from earth, Umezawa still holds the culture it did in the days before the demons attacked
      13,639 square miles(43,094 square km)
      -Current Population: 95,076

• oiHkLnt.jpg

(inside of Fort Bismarck)
      Located in what was once Germany, Fort Bismarck is the smallest safe zone, but it is in fact the safest. After the area was established, construction quickly began. The safe zone was the first established. It took ten years, and much protection, but eventually they had built a massive fort. It was only a single story at first. Since then it has grown to a five story behemoth that takes up a land mass the size of Wales. It is the center of engineering and technology. However the technology is very functional, and looks primitive even though it is rather advanced,
      8,016 square miles(20,761 square km)
      -Current Population: 70,970

• B5pyQhH.jpg

Horizon is a massive floating city, created by the Angels as a safe haven for the humans. It floats just below the Heavens. Here many humans have made this place their home, however there are plenty of others who wish to see Earth inhabited by humans once more. This was why Horizon Academy was founded.

• image_1294683103_gates_of_heaven.jpg

The realm of Angels. This is a holy place. As such, living Humans are not allowed to enter. There are some exceptions though. Every so often a Human will be summoned to the Heavens. When this happens, they are most likely meeting with the Divine Counsel, the group ruling the Heavens. However, since the arrival of the demons, only five humans have met before the Counsel. One of these people has been Lukas.

• 2405613720_0f0a755b95_o-L.jpg

A mysterious realm that none have ever seen the inside of. The only known entrance is a massive, ominous door that has appeared in the volcanic regions of Iceland. There is no other information on this realm. It is assumed to be the realm of the Demons

Main Characters
Yosuke Kirigawa (Reanimator Bob)
Valori Adonaia (Cel)
Sean Grant (ShiroKiyoshi)
Minerva Josephine Adrigal (Wolfsbane706)
Beate Acker (Verite)
Xalines Raseana Xavusesa (Zero the Grimm)
Savaniel Volduriaz (ERode)

Last edited:
Glad to hear it! I'll be posting the Character Template either here, or in a new thread for the sake of cleanliness

I decided to put the Character Template in the OP as there won't be many characters to search through and keep track of, I think it's be easy

• Useful
Reactions: Wolfsbane706
I to wish to join and be chatting on some development and such.

Glad to have another on board. Now we have the minimum, but I'd like to get two more as 6 is my ideal number

Reactions: Wolfsbane706
Valori Adonaia(WIP)
8.jpg

Year
Fifth.
Personality
Whereas Val isn't much of a social butterfly, she isn't opposed to the idea, provided someone else initiates said interaction. She often has her mind elsewhere, too far away and too occupied to worry about such things as small talk. She shows respect and politeness to most and rarely causes conflict, though she has become part of existing conflicts on social occasions. Due to her past, she can be very stubborn and stuck in her ways when it comes to certain things, though she always tries to do what she believes is best.
History
Valori grew up in the care of her mother, not knowing much of her human father on account of never having met him. Only some things that her mother had told her when she was younger. Val loved her mother more than anything in the world, cherishing her more than any treasure she could possibly attain. Her mother taught her almost everything she knew, mainly how to use swords and to use the healing and light powers she inherited from her. Her mother, Sonya, was one of the top ranking Generals, just below the Heads of Houses and more so the Counsel. She was one of the best with a sword, and very intelligent, often involved with strategizing and assisting those who protected the safe zones. There was a point during the war when it seemed as though the demons would win, as they overran the point her mother happened to be at. But with much perseverance, they began to even the odds and take back that particular point. But it was during that battle that a demon took her mother's life. After the chaos settled, and the battlefield calmed, Valori was found by her mother's side shortly after being informed of her mother's death. She was found by the Head of House Aether, Samuel, as she tried desperately to use her skills in healing to bring her back. Tears ran down the young girl's face as she tried and tried until Samuel finally came to her side and rested his hand on her shall shoulder with a look that told her there was no use. It was from then on that he took her in as his own, bringing her from her heavenly home, to Horizon, where he kept her and helped her to get into the academy as soon as possible. Through the years he became like a father to her, though she never showed it for fear of losing him like she lost her mother. She openly thanked and appreciated him, but could never bring herself to show him any true affection. The only time she ever has was the day he took her in, she clave to him when she lost her mother. But since then she struggled with any sort of attachment to anyone.
Weapon Specialty
Swords.

Weapons
A particularly resilient Greatsword made with light which gives the benefits of:
- Being more effective towards demons and brings that thrive in darkness and shadows.
-Being made of light, this allows her to summon this sword when needed.
Skills
~Light Manipulation: Valori is able to manipulate, as well as create light. She can also use it as a weapon by creating a burst of light energy emanating from a source which causes enemies to be repelled away from the source (usually herself) and blinds them (along with general damage to enemy types especially prone to light) or turning it into a literal weapon or object.
~Healing Touch: Valori is particularly skilled as a healer.

Miscellaneous
Because of her mother's death, she has a particularly strong hatred for demons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see you're interested Cel. I will be working on my character likely today. It shouldn't take me long.

Reactions: (Dis)Aster
Well, yes. I haven't seen anything in need of being corrected. I look forward to seeing her

I'll get mine started today, too. I want to see how well I can play a snobbish character.

Well I'll try and post mine tonight or tomorrow. I just have school and shizzles

Yosuke Kirigawa
6gkoL5B.png

Year: 5th

~ Personality ~
Usually, Yosuke is a rather kind individual. He's ususally rather cheerful, and always willing to talk to his peers. A little clumsy in day to day activities, often tripping over things, and occasionally nothing at all. He definitely enjoys talking, and joking. Though the joking ususally comes back to bite him. In social interactions, his natural clumsiness, in union with poor word choice can sometimes make his words unintentionally embarrassing

5-Years of schooling and training has made Yosuke battlewise. Though the mortality rate of students is not high per say, they certainly have their fair share of losses and tragedies. Yosuke has seen fellow students fall, sometimes on missions that he is on as well. Because of this, in combat, he is stern, commanding, and he aggressively defends his allies, far prioritizing their safety over his and definitely over the mission. This sometimes leads to him scolding his teammates when all is finished, which can easily escalate to a full-blown argument. He doesn't mean harm towards them, he just is worried.

~ History ~
A little brown haired boy sat at the feet of his grandmother as she rocked back and forth in her rocking chair. A warm and affectionate smile sweetly beamed from her face. She had cared for this child since he was young. Truly it was a sad thing. His father... He was killed in battle at the hands of the demons that now plagued the Earth. Afterwards, his mother grew unresponsive, almost empty. He was raised by his Grandmother. Her family had passed down the stories of Earth since it was abandoned

"Hahah. You really do love hearing about the Earth don't you. Alright then. How can I say no to you.
Well, you see, It is a big ball of dirt and water that is floating out in space..." She continued with that story for quite a while. During it all, the boy listened with an expression of wonder. It was all amazing. Houses on stilts, boats the size of small cities, forests with trees that touch the sky. When she finished she would respond the way she always would

"What I wouldn't give to see it myself..."

Six years later she grew terribly ill. At the age of 81, she had lived a very long and happy life. As she laid on her deathbed, her grandson stayed by her side. One day she looked over at him. He was sleeping beside her.

"Yosuke... My you look so much like your Father... Be strong... Live a long, healthy and happy life for them... I may not be able to see the Earth in its beauty again, but... I know that I will see a land that far... surpasses that beauty..."

The boy laid asleep for a few hours longer. When he awoke, his Grandmother's eyes were closed.

Before he left, he went to see his mother. She was still silent, as always. He felt angry, unable to speak. Without a word, or acknowledgment between the two, he left, and made his way to the Academy.

With no one else to take care of him, he was taken by the Academy by his own request. Next term, he would join the school, and train to fight off the demons. His wish is to finally see the beautiful Earth that he heard so much about as a child.

~ Weapon Specialty ~
Rifles​

~ Weapons ~

- Hero's Bow -
Yosuke's Rifle. It's name comes from the special ammo that it utilizes, channeling the powers of bows of ancient legends. Depending on what clip Yosuke loads into his rifle, it gains a different effect​
  • Not-Fail: These particular rounds deal less damage, however they seem to always hit their mark. Most of the time.​
  • 12-Axe Heads: The shot has insane piercing capabilities, able to pass through twelve targets (assumed to be unarmored)​
  • Legion: For we are many. One shot becomes ten when loaded with this ammo.​
*In addition to these particular effects, Yosuke can also carry a few elemental rounds, though these are also limited

Yosuke only has so many rounds avaliable to him, so he must use them sparingly on longer missions.

In addition to the Hero's Bow, Yosuke is equipped with a side arm, and several large daggers, and has a bayonet attached to his rifle.

~ Demons ~
llSVwmq.png

A winged beast, a little shorter than a horse, somewhat resembling a dragon with supreme control of the air and wind. The gust caused by its wings is said to be able to topple trees. It is a proud beast, accepting Yosuke as it's master after he proved himself in battle. It is usually docile to others, save someone who disrespects it. Only Yosuke is allowed to ride it, unless he commands otherwise
Ambrosia.png

A woodland spirit who has dominion over insects and plants. She can call upon swarms of insects to do her bidding, conjure vines to grasp prey, as well as produce strange dust that can have ill effects on those who inhale it

Her name is actually unknown to Yosuke. She speaks no words, and when Yosuke gave her the name Sylvia, she took kindly to it, and responds.

~ Skills ~
  • Tailwind: Yosuke causes wind to push up behind him, increasing his speed significantly​
  • Vine Grasp: Yosuke calls forth a vine, to do a plethora of things, from grabbing to swinging.​

Last edited:
@MadTsunTsun @Wolfsbane706 @Cel @Zero The Grimm
While I would love just one more person, we have more than enough to get started. So if you guys would like to, feel free to start your CS's and post them, as well as ask me any questions you may have regarding your character or any others.

*Poked head in*

Hello again.

If you don't mind, could I reuse Sean from the last Horizon @Reanimator Bob?

Oh hey there. You know, I've gotta say I'm flattered by your dedication this RP XD. And go ahead. I don't see why not.

Oh hey there. You know, I've gotta say I'm flattered by your dedication this RP XD. And go ahead. I don't see why not.
I really like the story and it tends to be one of the few that go at my pace. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.