DC: A Whole New World OOC, Plot & Sign Ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As her writer I cannot confirm or deny this. I also approve of the aforementioned nickname, Ice Tits.
Man. I'm doing a lot of pre-planning as to nicknames and horrible things that are going to come out of Gal's mouth. As it stands, probably the only character that she'll get on with is Rick Flag. Though, she'll be mostly into his duplication for horrible innuendo reasons.

But yes. They should definitely, at one point in time, fight. Breaking down to pulling hair and everything, of course between ice powers and energy constructs in the form of... probably scissors. Gal would definitely go for lobbing off Claudia's hair or ruining her dress.

to be honest I'm hoping for a few more male characters to balance things out a bit. I love the girls, don't get me wrong, but balance really adds to the escapism factor. At least in my opinion.
Yes. I usually make male characters. Actually, 100% of the time I do. But a female Guy Gardner made me laugh stupidly. I mean... really... who cannot resist making a character named Gal Gardner. I couldn't. *puts self in trash*

Reactions: Angelic Fusion
Not sure if its a good thing to know Claudia wasn't the only one eyeing the uh, talented Rick Flag. Hell, guess it's just one more thing that Claudia and Gal can fight about haha. but then again there is officer chill. I am curious however, @Tyrannosaurus Rekt does Gal find Claudia physically appealing or is her personality too much of a turn off? i know, i'm asking the important questions here

Last edited by a moderator:
I am curious however, @Tyrannosaurus Rekt does Gal find Claudia physically appealing or is her personality too much of a turn off? i know, i'm asking the important questions here
Haha. In honor of their original selves, and also because Claudia is pretty bangin', yes Gal finds her attractive. She'll be like: "I am very attracted to her, but at the same time I'm pretty sure I hate her. I definitely will anger bang that at some point in time."

It's a very important question.

gpNyOxg.jpg

I may move Azalia to new yorl. @BearEnthusiast how do you feel about Claudia buying a very beautiful peice of art from Azalia just for her to learn the girl is homeless yet managing college very well

Btw her rabbits. They are lime gremlins and minions hate fucked and we're thrown into event horizons warp core. They are adorable hellions and above all are hysterical.

I am excited to start this the three girls alone will be hysterical. @Tyrannosaurus Rekt Azalia is kinda her polar opposite. So that will be really interesting

I am excited to start this the three girls alone will be hysterical. @Tyrannosaurus Rekt Azalia is kinda her polar opposite. So that will be really interesting
"Well, I just met the human equivalent of a pug dog on antidepressants." Pretty much her emotional summary of Azalia. "I wonder if we close a glass door, she'd run into it." That, and I'm sure that Azalia being connected to the yellow battery won't charm Gal.

Wow, completely delight at all of the characters and the people playing them. I am very much looking forward to this RP.

Alexandra is a little like the nerdy goth girl who visits in the back of the classroom. Claudia the extreme socialite and Gal is the girl jock. Azalia is harder to simply categorize..

Reactions: BearEnthusiast
Name: Samantha Pendleton

Codename:
Windfall

Ethnicity: British

Power:

Aerokinesis: Samantha can manipulate the movement of gaseous molecules so that they travel against the diffusion gradient. This allows her to create concentrated areas of pressure of up to about six atmospheres around her body. She can enlarge this pressure pocket away from her and with concentration direct it. However, the greater the volume or further away from her body the pocket it gets the harder it becomes to maintain.

- Narced: Anyone who stays in a pressure pocket of air that Samantha has created will start to become "drunk" on nitrogen after a couple of minutes. At full strength, anyone unprotected from the high pressure will suffer significant physical and mental impairment within minuets. Once returned to normal conditions however victims will make a full and equally rapid recovery.

- Breathing Easy: With concentration Samantha can separate gases out from each other. Mostly she uses this to create a small bubbles of oxygen enriched air to breathe allowing her to go longer and harder in a fight

- Hardly Breathing: With sufficient focus, Samantha can using a carefully shaped pressure pocket, create an area of very low pressure. Anyone caught in this low pressure pocket will begin to suffocated though they will need to be prevented from moving outside the affected area as Samantha is effectively incapacitated while maintaining a vacuum. Mostly she uses this ability to put out people's cigarettes.

Talented Pugilist: While she's no Black Canary (Earth 0) Samantha can throw knuckles better than most.

Weaknesses:-
- It takes a minuet or two for Samantha's power to reach full effect on a target, until then she's effectively a regular person that's quite good at punching people. Anyone with some kind of hermetically sealed environmental protection will be completely unaffected.

- Samantha's powers are non discriminatory. While she tries to keep her pressure bubbles focused in front of her, in a fight they may well spread as her concentration falters meaning that any nearby allies could be affected.

Ice Hockey - Its one big punch up on ice.
Seals - They're just cute.
Donner Kebabs - There is nothing better than mystery meat after a night of drinking or crime fighting.
Winning a fight - Winning is where it's at. People who just like fighting are a few cards short of a deck.
The Rain - Feels like home.

Dislikes
The Press - What a bunch of bastards!
Psychologists - Lying twats.
The Immigration Department - Paper work, god damned paper work .
Work - Anyone who says they don't hate their job is lying.
Tea - Black coffee please.
The French - Just a basic patriotic duty.

Equipment:
- A short double barrelled shotgun that Samantha uses with bean bag rounds
- Knuckled dusters

Appearance:

- Daily:
Samantha's go to outfit consist of severely distressed (yet surprisingly expensive) dark jeans, a T-shirt (usually for a festival or sports team that you've never heard off), a military style sleeveless hoodie, a pair of brown cowboy boots and a dog tag necklace. Ear phones can often be seen poking out of at least one of her ears

- Costume: On top Samantha wears a slightly tattered burgundy hooded leather jacket over a light weight stab vest and non-descript dark long sleeved shirt. On her lower half she wears a pair of snug fitting combat trousers, military surplus boots, a brown leather ammo belt filled with bean bag rounds and in a leather holster a very short sawn-off double barrelled shotgun. Also an ear phone cable can be seen poking out from her hood, she's probably using it for comms and not music, probably. Something like this

Personality:
A hedonist through and through Samantha is always looking for the next thrill with minimal work. In her civilian life this translate to excessive partying and a checkered work history. In her vigilante career she tends to eschew long winded complicated investigations for a wing it and see what happen style of crime fighting

Secret Origin:
Born the only child of well to do parents in the home counties of England, Samantha had a charmed childhood. The manifestation of her power was welcomed by her parents who were fiercely proud of their daughter and made sure to include as much positive imagery of powered people in in the young Samantha's life as they could. If pressed on the issue this early part of her life was when she decided she wanted to be a superhero, but then again what seven-year-old doesn't.

Unfortunately constantly being told she was special rather went to Samantha's head and by the age of eleven the wheels fell off her perfect middle class existence when she failed the entrance exam for the local public school. A hastily arranged psychologist concluded that while Samantha was intelligent, she was also lazy and recommended military school as a way to straighten her out.

The change of regime was initially tough for Samantha with many of her new peers being bigger, stronger and in some cases older than her. Her saving grace was that her powers did help to level the playing field in the more physical aspect of her education. At first she was careful in using her powers but their intangibility and her growing confidence meant that she used them more and more. Samantha's apparent natural martial prowess meant that she got moved into more advanced classes then might other wise of been open to her.

Aged eighteen she left the school with good grades (as well as developed fighting skill) and took an offer from a London university. While she had no real interest in further education, the lifestyle of a student appealed to her as she thought it provided the perfect cover to try her luck as a vigilante. Also the parties.

For two and a half years Samantha years fought minor crime under the moniker of Rapture by night and nursed her bruises through university by day. Dealing mostly with small crimes meant that she didn't garner much attention, save for some small online communities. In the February of her final year she intervened in a pub fight that had spilled out onto the street. While she was dealing with one of the bigger combatants she was knocked into an elderly lady who was in turn knocked into the path of a car. While it was only a minor accident the newspapers demonized Rapture for the accident and made it impossible for her to continue her vigilante activities

Unwilling to give up her dream of being a hero, upon graduating (by the skin of her teeth) Samantha moved across the Atlantic to start again as a vigilante, taking on a new alternate identity to escape the past. She has moved cities multiple times since she left the UK because being a vigilante as well as her inclination to avoid boring things has made it hard to hold down the that which she needs for her visas. She moved to Toronto after cashing in on her accent and scoring a gig as a part time receptionist.

Last edited:
"Well, I just met the human equivalent of a pug dog on antidepressants." Pretty much her emotional summary of Azalia. "I wonder if we close a glass door, she'd run into it." That, and I'm sure that Azalia being connected to the yellow battery won't charm Gal.

Yeah she may end up making AzalIa cry alot xD. She doesn't know she is connected to the Black and Yellow batteries. Not yet atleast, she is oblivious as to how she can use her powers.

BWgRDEm.png

Name: Daniel Lake
Codename/Nicknames: The Flash / Dan, Danny
Powers/Skills:

Electricity Manipulation
The Flash can create, shape and manipulate electricity. He can summon lightning from the sky to strike down his opponents and he can also generate energy (although not nearly as powerful than nature's lightning) to attack his foes with. His body is a conduit and he is able to emit lightning blasts from his hands, feet and on occasion his hair (from static electricity).

Capoeira
Demo
When he combines his superpower and his fighting style, Daniel becomes a dangerous whirl of lightning that should be avoided at all costs. Not only do his blows knock you back, but his lightning devastates you.

Weaknesses:
Water can and usually does make the Flash unstable. If he is drenched or hit head on with water he runs the risk of electrocuting himself or others who are also wet.

His power is useless against rubber and wood.

When he's using electronics he must always remain even in temperament. Too much excitement or aggravation will cause him to short circuit whatever electronic he is using.

Ethnicity: African American
Likes/Dislikes:
Frozen Yogurt - No matter what shitty thing you do to him, if you buy him froyo, the slate is clean.
Hell's Kitchen - The drama. The tears. The elimination. He can't get enough of it.
Basketball - When he was younger, he and his siblings wanted to be basketball champions. However no matter how hard he tried, he just sucked at the sport and resolved to just watch it.
Dogs - The happiest creatures on the planet who would love you even if you killed somebody. Not that Daniel has...Just...You get the point.
Cats - Cats + Rats or Reptiles = Dead rats or reptiles, therefore cats = awesome.
Breakfast for Dinner - It's fun to shake things up.
Skateboarding - Reminds him of his childhood.
Astronomy - His mom is an astronomy professor and through her a love of all things star related blossomed inside of him.
Gatorade - The drink of athletes. The drink of Gods! Except for the grape one. The grape one is terrible.

Balloons - They always stick to his hair, then pop, effectively scaring the shit out of him.
Reptiles - Ew. Ew. Ew ew ew.
Excessive Perfume - We get it. You have an odor problem. Go soak in the tub and please stop drowning the world in your noxious flowery scented bullshit.
Jello - It's disgusting.
Rats - There's no origin story for this one, they're just creepy.
Celery - It makes his tongue numb and it taste like despair.
Neglectful Parents - Why did you even have a kid, if you never freaking look at them?
Equines - When he was six, he went to a petting zoo and the owner told him that he could pet Honey Bunch the pony and then Honey Bunch fucking bit him. That day he got eight stitches on his left arm and a crippling fear of all things equine.

Equipment: A utility belt with a first aid kit, and trail mix.
Costume:
bb55146abc7be578bec493d0a13474b9.jpg

Personality:
Daniel is a cheerful guy with a screwed up past that he managed to rise above. He is proof that in the battle between nature and nurture, nurture wins. He's humorous and is quite fond of dad jokes despite not being one. He loves kids and hates to see them cry. When making his superhero rounds, he makes it a goal to make at least one kid smile. He can be sort of childish and kind of annoying on occasion. He prefers companionship to flying solo, but is capable of being independent. He likes to avoid things that would stress him out, but when he is stressed he becomes quick to anger and it's best to stay out of his way. On another note, Daniel is a scared-y cat in the sense that little shit like exploding balloons and the sudden appearance of a sewer rat, will scare the hell out of him. He will go head to head with a skin melting villain but if the villain is a giant rat, reptile or pony (see likes and dislikes), count him out. (He will let out a high pitched yelp if any of these things cross his path.)

Secret Origin:
Police Report -
Child aged 6-7 caught with several prescription pills in his backpack. He was being pursued by the owner of the pharmacy that he allegedly stole from. The child, who would not give his name, would not tell us why he had the items or who he was carrying them for. Upon offering the child a warm meal and a promise of dessert (he spoke very poorly of ice cream and insisted on frozen yogurt), the child revealed that he had been separated from his sister when the owner of the pharmacy gave chase. With a burger in one hand and a handful of fries in the other, the child admitted that his sister had been placing the items in his backpack and had been doing so for awhile. 'Everyday when we get home Lisa and mommy eat the medicine and stare at the wall.' The boy stated as he jammed the rest of his burger into his mouth savagely. 'What do you do when they stare at the wall?' The boy was asked but instead of answering he shook his head. 'What does that mean?' But the boy never answered. We sent him to a group home for the night and later found out that his mother had come to get him.

Social Worker Investigation
The other day, Officer Joseph Victor came to me and requested that I investigate a child named Daniel Morrison. I don't usually take requests that aren't in my jurisdiction but Joseph was a friend so I had to see what was up. When I arrived at Daniel's last known location I found the boy shivering on the stoop in nothing but a t-shirt riddled with holes. When I asked him why he was outside in the cold he replied with 'Mommy and Lisa are having their special time so I can't come in.' I gave the kid my coat and banged on the door furiously. It took about twenty minutes but finally a skinny girl with track marks riddling her arms, yanked open the door. 'The fuck do you want?' I said nothing and back tracked to Daniel. The girl was so high out of her mind that she didn't realize the kid was safely strapped into my car until I was pulling off. She screamed obscenities after us and threatened to call the police. I knew that I was in deep shit. I had acted impulsively and with my heart instead of my brain and when my boss found out, I was going to pay for it.

Director of Social Services Employee Report
This is in response to the numerous complaints about my employee, Xiomara Lake and how she had acted impulsively over the years. I agree that her professionalism needs some work. But she has done good things. In fact, this past month she discovered that a child had been abducted by drug addicts and used as an accessory to theft.

So yes, Xiomara rushes into things without paying heed to the proper protocol but she means well and does more good than harm.

Arrest Report
Today, Grace and Lisa Morrison were arrested for child endangerment, child neglect, theft, intent to distribute, and the abduction of Daniel Evans. They were also charged with the having a hand in the disappearance of Douglas and Stella Evans, Daniel Evans' parents. Their bail is set at $700,000, each.

Confession of Grace Morrison
"I didn't do anything to Douglas or Stella. But I did take Daniel. I hated Stella because she got to have what I always wanted; A nice house, a good husband and a beautiful baby boy. Stella and I came from the same shitty neighborhood but she got to have a good life and I didn't! So I decided that she wasn't allowed to have it all and took Daniel to raise as my own."

Adoption Agency Report
Today, Daniel Evans is being adopted by Xiomara and Greer Lake, after his biological parents, Douglas and Stella Evans could not be located.

Diary Entry
Dear Diary,
Xiomara thinks that a grown woman shouldn't have a diary, but she can kiss my ass. Anyway, Daniel is settling into life quite smoothly. He's getting along very well with his sisters, Candace and Olivia and he's proving to be a great role model for our youngest, Joe. I'm teaching Daniel about the stars and he already knows over twenty constellations!
Love,
Greer

Hospital Report
Adolescent male age 13, struck by lightning. Was placed in a medical induced coma and woke up, physically and mentally stable the next day. His parents demanded his release against the doctor's recommendation.

Diary Entry
Dear Diary Journal
Daniel has super powers. Honest to fucking god, superpowers! Like the old heroes! My son's a goddamn hero!!!
Xiomara

Family:
Xiomara Lake (45) - A former social worker, Xiomara now works as a high school guidance counselor. She loves the fact that Daniel is a hero and constantly badgers him for stories.

Greer Lake (40) - An astronomy professor and a force to be reckoned with. She loves her kids and would do anything for them. She worries about Daniel's superhero lifestyle but supports him all the while.

Candace Lake (26) - The oldest lake child and the toughest. She's a biker and a political rights activist. Her relationship with Daniel varies from 'ride or die together' to 'should we call the police? I think they might kill each other'. Fun Fact: She is the vice president of a biker gang called, 'The Valkyrie'.

Olivia Lake (24) -
The sweetest of the lake children, she's soft spoken and avoids most social interactions. She works as a nature photographer and sends Daniel and the rest of her family post cards from all over the world. Fun Fact: When prom season came around this girl she liked promposed to her and she was so nervous that she vomited all over the girl . (And the girl still wanted to go to prom with her)

Joe Lake (19) - The youngest lake and probably the most charismatic. He's a ladies man and is in his first year of college. He stays over at Daniel's apartment every other weekend and they play board games and FMK. Fun Fact: He's talked his way out of many speeding tickets.

Drumstick (4) - An adorkable 4 year old Corgi mix with a heart of gold and who is named after the bucket of food he was found in. Drumstick, or 'Drum' enjoys long walks in the park, extensive belly rub sessions and devouring butterflies.

OMG (i 'unno) -Named after the expression most people use after witnessing him in action, OMG is not to be messed with. He used to be Olivia's cat but she gave him to Daniel after being scratched one too many times by him. OMG enjoys being petted for exactly thirty one seconds and spends his free time disemboweling rats. OMG's age is unknown.

Living Arrangements: Daniel lives in a two bedroom apartment with his dog, Drumstick and his cat, OMG.

Inspiration for Alteration: I always thought the Flash's name was stupid and unfitting, so I made it fitting. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Danny and AllStarGP
@BearEnthusiast

Would you be okay with Claudia taking in Azalia? Considering her status I feel she would like 'collecting' art and with Azalia's powers she can bend and shape matter so her art would be unique. I am also going to make Azalia 19 and a freshman in college. That would also make it so she lived in the big NYC.

Looking at the WIPs. Not bad at all. guys. :)

OK. So I've been looking at the male to female ratio in terms of characters, and while I acknowledge that female characters are in many ways rather more interesting than their male counterparts, I'm putting a temporary hold on all future heroine apps (The two wips above me not included of course because that wouldn't be fair in any way.) until we have say, 3 to 4 more males. I honestly and truly hope no one is offended by this, It's just that we do need an equal balance of characters. :( i'm going to edit this into the 1st post but I thought it was fair to ell everyone in a new post in order to explain my reasons.

CALIB RAUM
7r8tPEe.png

Codename: Gypsy.

Ethnicity: Angloromani - Caucasian.

Nationality: English.

Appearance + Personality:

Calib was an angloromani gypsy, trying to do away with the strereotype that the majority of them were criminals and ne'er do wells. A bit different to your regular hoodie, Calib often wore wicca symbols in patches on his worn in looking clothes, the most prominent of which was 'The Goddess', a full moon in the middle, with a crescent on either side of it. Calib was tall and skinny, and had a lean face with ragged black hair. He fit the word 'inexperienced' like a glove, but had inherited his mother's curiosity, drive and magical prowess, used to the classroom, but not the open field.

He had a smile like a good lie, and a genuine charm that made him brilliant to be around, though at the same time, often attracted the wrong kind of attention to him. He stood at just shy of six foot tall, but would always say he was, with unkempt brown hair that often strayed into a fringe on his face, forcing him to brush it out of the way. He had three freckles in the form of a triangle under his right eye, and had dimples when he smiled.

Calib was quick to action, but not before having thought things through properly, being introduced to the magical world at a young enough age he had quickly grown accustom to the fact that there were always lesser and greater persons than himself, and knowing how to pick out who was greater was a prudent skill to practice. He wore black jeans, colourful shirts and hoodies and was often covered in tasteless amounts of wicca paraphenelia. With the Goddess' Staff in hand, these wicca symbols would glow in dull reds and purples, his hair turning a similar shade of changing colours.

blTUt9B.png

Likes and Dislikes:
+
Making friends.
+ Having things read to him/being talked at.
+ Reading things he shouldn't.
+ Casting spells.
- Fighting.
- Loud noises.
- Abrasive people.
- Witches (his mother excluded, he loves her).

Powers/Skills:

The Goddess' Staff: An ancient artefact that Calib and a few other witches can access through pools of blood. Placing their hand into the blood, the staff is drawn out from it as if it was a deep pool, taking on different shapes and powers depending on the amount of blood and the quality. In most cases, he can't withdraw the staff from regular people's blood (unless there's enough of it). Usually, Calib nicks himself with an odd clawed ring he wears to grab the staff in a pinch.

Shamanism: Calib can draw upon magic with and without the staff, however, he can only do minor (hedge) magic when unarmed. While wielding the staff, Calib can perform amazing magical feats, more powerful depending on the blood it was retrieved from, though in both cases can only invoke his magic with a rhyme, the longer and more advanced the rhyme, the more powerful the spell will be. After using one rhyme, he can't use the same rhyme again without catastrophic consequences, omitting a word or two for the sake of it does not make it a 'new' rhyme, magic is smarter and much more vindictive than that.

Weaknesses:

Silence: If unable to talk, Calib is entirely unable to cast anysort of magic.

Unprepared: It takes time for him to retrieve his staff, and to think of a decent rhyme to invoke his magic. It's harder than it looks, so rushing him and catching him off-guard spells a fight out quickly.

Weak: Calib is a lean and skinny teenager, he's not exactly the toughest of opponents in a straight-up fight.

Equipment:
The Goddess' Staff (sometimes).
Clawed ring (to scratch himself with in a hurry).

Secret Origin:
A boy was born, and coming of age,
Among the witch, the wicca, the mother, the sage,
Cutting his hand, and surprising to find,
That blood wasn't the first thing to mind,
Within that red, the greater, bold,
Within the shimmering, shining gold,
Within that darkened lonely pool,
Of reddened strings on winding spool,
Further still his hand did drift,
Within that beautiful bloodied rift,
A touch of red and green and blue,
A touch of oak and silvered yew,
A staff of splendor, soaring skies,
A staff of deceit and winding lies,
A staff to create and then to destroy,
A weapon, a tool for just a boy,
"But why would she have chosen me?"
"For she can know, and we can see,
That you are good beyond your years,
And far stronger than all your fears,
You are the moon and the stars and the shine,
You are her hand, her sword - divine."

Last edited by a moderator:
@CMDR Melander

Oooh, another Sun City resident. Looks like Florida is about to become to Marvel NYC of this verse. Love the poem you made for the origin. That was a marvelous touch and such an unusual set of weaknesses too. Welcome aboard, matey. ^^

@CMDR Melander

I have a feeling Azalia will be all over him. Well, that depends... I hope he doesn't try to get her blood. She may be abit to willing XD

@Angelic Fusion, @BearEnthusiast, and @Tyrannosaurus Rekt mind if I put my character in NY?
You can have your character living homeless with mind if you'd like and I would never say anything against it! You are free to place your character anywhere you see if!

I also came up with a Costume appearence for my character. This is when she begins to get worked up and her mind starts to pull energy from the Yellow and Black Batteries.

72049ed28b5f4184bc8d83b0a09c11ac.jpg

Or

211d5a8355a8a1c1554e9de8bd826fdf.jpg

or
5efb80335def1d3c659fd5047be51b78.jpg

HELP ME CHOOSE! I am very indecisive on this since the codename Black Hand doesn't fit a red head very well. But, if her hair changes with the onset and intensity of her powers it could be like a Mood ring which could help those around her determine her state of mind. Kinda like watching the control panel of a nuclear reactor.

@AllStarGP
I've decided to have ehr start with Bleach blonde white hair. A cause of her experimentation which causes her hair to change color and intensity to the emotion she is feeling and experiencing. It will be kinda be an inbuilt alarm system that not only she can see but others. Black will be when she is bringing her Dark Manipulation into reality and so on with each much like a long hair like mood ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.