DC: A Whole New World OOC, Plot & Sign Ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@All

I can see Azalia maybe being seen as a Villain at first if anyone picks up on her. While non-violent people do attack her and the results of being homeless and supernatural... her creatures eat the bodies and actually anyone who threatens the girl. So, that could be an interesting way to start things with Azalia. My first post is likely her working on something and someone sitting and constantly asking her to take money in exchange for sex. (Happens alot to her.) But, the person will not take No for an answer. YEP! THATS HER LIFE! : /

Name: Enrique Ignacia Ortiz
Codename/Nicknames: El Diablo, The Burner (Semi-Official slang), Match stick, Unknown Living Organism, Mago de fuego, Fuego
Powers: Enrique can create, shape and manipulate fire, the rapid oxidation of a material in the exothermic chemical process of combustion, releasing heat, light, and various reaction products, flame being the visible portion of the fire. Depending on the substances alight, and any impurities outside, the color of the flame and the fire's intensity will be different.

• Fireballs- He can instantly generate balls of fire that vary in density, heat, and explosive power.
  • Flight- He is capable of small levels of flight using his fire based abilities tied in with some magic.
  • Fire Production- Capable of pushing flame from his body in any form he desires or imagines.
  • Magic- Enrique is well versed in various forms of magic, ranging from Travel, Tracking, Summoning, Communication, and others with practice and ample prep time.
  • Half Marsian Physiology- Incapable of being burned and or damaged by fire. Naturally more durable and slightly stronger than his peers. His species is also in tune with magics pertaining to fire.
Skills: Enrique was raised around bad people, these bad people taught him how to live rough and use firearms. He is a gifted marksman however not without some practice.
Weaknesses: Large Bodies of Water, Incredible Depths, Bullets, Poisons, Blades and Blunts.
Ethnicity: Mixed race though predominantly Puerto Rican.
Dislikes: Science, Villainy, Planes, Death.
Equipment: None

Appearance:
vr7j43.jpg

Costume:
o6e4p0.jpg

Personality: Enrique is a caring individual and worries for his friends and allies. However it is not unlike him to make light of his feelings and shrug them off. He does have a certain disregard when it comes to his own life and will make poor choices. When in combat he jokes and likes to treat it like a game, often throwing in new spells into combat just to see if he can. He is careful and guarded when it comes to relationships however, not that he is afraid of feeling he chooses to not rush into it.
Location: Works in both North and South America, as his home in San Juan is perfect for dispatch.
Secret Origin: Born to a loving mother and an unknown father Enrique often wondered who he was growing up, he was the only baricua he knew that had blue eyes and certainly the only who could play with fire like he did. His mother didnt have much time to raise him, she led a very interesting lifestyle that was no doubt the reason for his conception and lack of paternal figure. But many men came through his house and they all seemed to be worse than the last she brought in. Unbeknownst to Enrique his father was actually someone better than these men. His father had been a prince, a man of superb bloodlines and proper constitution. A man who could himself become the essence of fire, the physical representation of a fire god to the world of Mars. Many have called the red planet dead but it is no secret to some that there are entities trapped within Mars. Beasts made of black fire, soldiers of soot and ash, gods made of pure burning blue flame. The man who impregnated Enrique's mother was one such god, one who escaped and was soon imprisoned again. The powers and abilities Enrique has have been debated to be either a feature of his fathers physiology or granted to him by mystical powers. It was deemed scientifically by his ex-girlfriend and childhood friend that his genetics could be categorized as a Marsian, unlike the surface Martians. However in the absence of his childhood friend he has begun to rely on magic to ensure her safe return. His best friend, Constantine Vancroft, has been studying the magical arts for some time in an effort to help return their mutual friend.

History:

(History is WIP but the rest is completed)

Themesong:

Last edited by a moderator:
@HellHoundWoof Loving the work so far Woof. Having used hero machine myself before in the past I can say with the utmost sincerity that what you've put together definitely looks like something out of the Silver age. A remark I hope you'll take as a complement.

Ok, I think it's time for an update. First of all, sorry for being rather inactive on this thread for a couple of days. Real life, college, etc sorta got in the way of giving this thread and it's posts proper checkups whenever the apps were edited. 1st of all, I'd like to applaud @Shard , @Angelic Fusion and @Gands for their amazing edits. Certainly brings a better sense of depth to each of your respective characters. Second of all, to @Lulunopia and @Applo great progress on your wips so far. Hope to see them all finished as soon as possible. Next message is for @Mundane Monster and his excellent, uplifting take on The Flash. I don't know what made you change characters but I'm looking forward to seeing your character in action. :) The Character list in the 1st thread has been updated accordingly to accommodate all of the aforementioned users' progress and good writing to them all.

Now for a slightly bigger update. With the inclusion of these new characters into the Earth 53 roster, we now have a sense of balance in said roster again. In fact we now have 7 males and 6 females making a total of 13 characters all together. With these facts taken into consideration, I am effectively lifting the block on female character apps as of this post until further notice.

I am also hoping, if luck will allow me, hoping to put up the IC thread, just as soon as everyone else has completed their wip applications and made every edit they desire to their characters. When you have done so, feel free to post here and let me know. :) Thank you for reading. <3

I made yet another edit, actually xD

I added Skills to Raven's character sheet. I felt like something quite major was missing and this latest update should make it clear what he is good at, and what he is bad at.

Also, thanks for the update, bud.

@AllStarGP

I am going to edit up Azalia's creatures abit. She has her Vistine Rabbits to start as well as a Demi-Gorg Vistine Rabbit which is kinda like her Bodyguard/Guardian. Its bigger and REALLY dangerous considering Azalia's lack of physical strength.

I edited in the Cartoon bruiser LOL.

Last edited:
@AllStarGP

I am going to edit up Azalia's creatures abit. She has her Vistine Rabbits to start as well as a Demi-Gorg Vistine Rabbit which is kinda like her Bodyguard/Guardian. Its bigger and REALLY dangerous considering Azalia's lack of physical strength.

I edited in the Cartoon bruiser LOL.
As long as she doesn't become too Op, It's ok. :)

Reactions: Angelic Fusion
As long as she doesn't become too Op, It's ok. :)

Nah, they are going to end up doing more harm than good. With every power Azalia dives into she kinda kicks herself in the face. Its how I designed her to be self checking. How bad of a whiplash on her mind does she want is the biggest question. That is why she relies on the rabbits. I am changing the pics up to make it alittle more dark. Kinda more Alice: Madness Returns ish.

Reactions: AllStarGP
AllStarGP

I believe all my edits for Raven are done, now. He's as complete as he'll ever get, I am sure, and all the information I can think of should be present, now.

If anything else comes up, I'll be sure to inform you.

The only things as of now that would be added are some Extra Tidbits to add flavor. Currently looking for a theme song for him xD.

AllStarGP

I believe all my edits for Raven are done, now. He's as complete as he'll ever get, I am sure, and all the information I can think of should be present, now.

If anything else comes up, I'll be sure to inform you.

The only things as of now that would be added are some Extra Tidbits to add flavor. Currently looking for a theme song for him xD.
Ok. New Announcement. Everyone has the right to give their characters theme songs now if they so choose. XD I'm gonna look for one for Metamorpho. And feel free to inform me of anything you feel is important, Shard. :)

I have added her theme and a tidbit of the music she makes.
Depending on how long the RP runs for I may make her music more based off of Lizzy Hale that farther into the RP we get and the more known her music gets.

Last edited:
@AllStarGP
Your review is like the nicest acceptance I've ever gotten! Thanks!
I'm gonna look for a theme song for the flash and maybe change the design of the sheet but not the info, so I'm done for realsies. :3

Would you guys be accepting of a Robin/Nightwing who's taken up full-control over Gotham as a Superman-esk character (inspiring hope in the citizens and fear in the criminals)?

Reactions: Aero Blue
Would you guys be accepting of a Robin/Nightwing who's taken up full-control over Gotham as a Superman-esk character (inspiring hope in the citizens and fear in the criminals)?
You bet. Just try not to make him god level powers, Ok? :)

@Mundane Monster Glad I could brighten up your day. You honestly made a great app and aside from about one or two missing words, you did wonderfully. I especially love the bit about the ''Old heroes.'' It gives me a smile knowing that people are truly acknowledging what I wrote.

@AllStarGP Well I think I've finished my sheet so over to you :)

Going to pick something from Dark Souls, or Blood Borne, which would fit him.

Status
Not open for further replies.