DC: A Whole New World OOC, Plot & Sign Ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Angelic Fusion Hehe. I feel like Claudia's going to butt heads with a lot of people to be honest; being an uber bitch has that effect I suppose. The way I see it, there'll be that uncomfortable adjustment phase as she transitions from pop culture public figure to a purveyor of justice or whatever. But throughout the game she'll develop and perhaps even grow to care for her distinct and supernatural teammates. :-)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Mook-LandStrider
@Angelic Fusion Hehe. I feel like Claudia's going to butt heads with a lot of people to be honest; being an uber bitch causes that effect I suppose. The way I see it, there'll be that uncomfortable adjustments phases as she transitions from pop culture public figure to a purveyor of justice or whatever. But throughout the game she'll develop and perhaps even grow to care for her distinct and supernatural teammates. :-)
The way I have played versions of Azalia in the past is that she is very impressionable. So, depending on how Claudia treats her at first and specificly towards how the woman reacts when Azalia lets loose she is blind but still can function exceptionally well will determin alot. Especially how fast Azalia gets attatched to her. So, Claudia may end up getting a little sister... a dark and slightly demented little sister.

Also, Azalia may tease her by calling her Double-D for obvious reasons. How will she handle this?

Last edited:
Also, Azalia may tease her by calling her Double-D for obvious reasons. How will she handle this?
Forgive me I just saw this edit, haha. Hmm I'd imagine there would be a subtle eye twitch at the remark followed by immediate regret that she was coerced into working with a bunch of vigilantes and hooligans, because well, Claudia. Lol.

• Love
Reactions: Mook-LandStrider
@AllStarGP
Did those changes we discussed. Let me know if everything is a-okay. Had super fun turning the Green Lanterns into a government organization. Hopefully not TOO much fun.

• Love
Reactions: AllStarGP
@Tyrannosaurus Rekt Gave it a look over and let me assure you, everything is 100% perfect. Ion, O.A., the MiB homage. Everything here can be considered approved as far as i'm concerned. ^^ I love it and I hope to see more of it IC.

Forgive me I just saw this edit, haha. Hmm I'd imagine there would be a subtle eye twitch at the remark followed by immediate regret that she was coerced into working with a bunch of vigilantes and hooligans, because well, Claudia. Lol.

It's okay Sparkle!! I can see these two really having a love hate relationship. I hope Claudia is up for cuddling with Azalia. As her rabbits are going to make it happen xD.

@Angelic Fusion Yeah I can very well imagine Claudia growing to see Azalia as a little sister figure over time. It's going to take the queen awhile but she'll get there in due time. :-)

While on the topic of interactions I must point out to @Tyrannosaurus Rekt that at some point Gal Gardner and Claudia should brawl. It'd be grand. They juxtapose one another quite well in my opinion and it'd be fun to perhaps see a rivalry develop.

Reactions: AllStarGP
Looking back, I feel as if my character is blander than hospital food compared to everyone elses. We have such a rainbow of characters here, and mine is probably the grey, overcast sky that comes prior to them. :P

Looking back, I feel as if my character is blander than hospital food compared to everyone elses. We have such a rainbow of characters here, and mine is probably the grey, overcast sky that comes prior to them. :P
I love your character. To be frankly honest, too much color makes everything blinding. It can get to a point where you can barely look at characters anymore because everyone's an explosion of colors.

Your character is more grounded in a humanistic approach, which is why I like him. I am used to lower power level role plays, which is why I made Layne more down to earth. Some other characters on here have the exact same abilities that he does, but on a much higher level which I admit, steps on my toes a bit. In the end though, I stopped giving it any thought.

As for your character, he's a breath of fresh air from the rainbow of colors everyone else goes to, and possesses an immense level of depth.

On the contrary of what you said, I find your character among the deepest and most interesting characters on here. Not in any way bland, at all.

@AllStarGP I dunno I like him. It's good to have a stable and consistent character, especially when you have a rowdy group capable of inhumanly feats (even more so considering all the conflicting personalities within said group). Shard also brings up a good point. He is very well developed all the while being straight forward and direct in who he is as an individual. He's a bomb character fam. :p

EDIT2: Plus on a more shallow note -- Chris Pratt will always garner approval from me. I'm basic, I'm sorry. Claudia's going to find him attractive although she probably won't be as big of a fan when it comes to the suit. But that's just her.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love your character. To be frankly honest, too much color makes everything blinding. It can get to a point where you can barely look at characters anymore because everyone's an explosion of colors.

Your character is more grounded in a humanistic approach, which is why I like him. I am used to lower power level role plays, which is why I made Layne more down to earth. Some other characters on here have the exact same abilities that he does, but on a much higher level which I admit, steps on my toes a bit. In the end though, I stopped giving it any thought.

As for your character, he's a breath of fresh air from the rainbow of colors everyone else goes to, and possesses an immense level of depth.

On the contrary of what you said, I find your character among the deepest and most interesting characters on here. Not in any way bland, at all.
Thanks Mate. That really means allot to me not only as an rper, but as a budding writer too. :)

@BearEnthusiast Thanks for the kind words. I still think the other characters are slightly better overall, but I do feel a bit better about mine.

Thanks Mate. That really means allot to me not only as an rper, but as a budding writer too. :)

@BearEnthusiast Thanks for the kind words. I still think the other characters are slightly better overall, but I do feel a bit better about mine.
Depends on how you define better.

One of them can teleport freely around earth, without any stated limitations or weaknesses.

Power does not make for interesting characters. Flaws and limitations do.

I mean there are also some incredibly strong powers in the canon universe, Wally West can go back in time, Zatanna can literally alter reality, etc.

I believe there wasn't a citation in the OOC that addressed the power level of the characters at so you can't really fault people if their characters, upon first creation, are powerful. That doesn't mean I think things shouldn't be changed; I agree with you and personally prefer that powers remain around where Suicide Squad and Gal Gardner are while anyone who is notably more powerful has gates and/or shortcomings that keep them from outright overpowering others.

TLDR: There is nothing in here that can't be fixed with a little power balancing/tailoring. ^~^

While on the topic of interactions I must point out to @Tyrannosaurus Rekt that at some point Gal Gardner and Claudia should brawl. It'd be grand. They juxtapose one another quite well in my opinion and it'd be fun to perhaps see a rivalry develop.
Which would be an interesting twist on how their 52 characters act to each other. But yeah. I've been trying to come up with rude nicknames for everyone. Claudia has thusly been dubbed "Ice Tits." And Gal will pretty much be of the idea that Claudia is about as useful as a cat fart. "If we need someone to chill my beer after the grown ups fight. I'll call you."

If I've learned anything from group RPing, it's always the straight man that keeps things moving forward. Otherwise, the other characters get absolutely nothing done. Also, he has a fun twist on the character's name. It's a well done and well thought out character. Dynamic personality doesn't always make for a useful character.

I mean my character's main asset is "Punching Things Real Good." Not conducive to a more nuanced mission.

Reactions: BearEnthusiast
I personally like all the character's. Tho, Claudia is my favorite as of now. ^^

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Bears
Half way through making my character and just now realizing I'm making Claudia's Polar opposite.

Get it, I said polar

Reactions: BearEnthusiast
I personally like all the character's. Tho, Claudia is my favorite as of now. ^^
I can't wait to see your character Lulu. to be honest I'm hoping for a few more male characters to balance things out a bit. I love the girls, don't get me wrong, but balance really adds to the escapism factor. At least in my opinion.

Reactions: Lulunopia
We are three guys and five girls, I think.

Might want to edit a list of accepted characters in the OOC @AllStarGP so it's easier for everyone to track what the story needs/what heroes have already been altered.

Status
Not open for further replies.