Status
Not open for further replies.
Occult... that is one of the most complex and controversial magics realistically. Are you sure you wanna pick that?
The more complex, I believe the more fun I can have with it~ It'll be fun coming up with spells that meet the parameters of that idea. It'll be controversial, but I'm more than willing to debate different ideas. It'll spark nice arguments (Of the kinder nature I hope), which will also help me understand what kinds of spells I need to be making in the future. Those talks will also help me get to know everyone better, so yes! I'd love to take the idea if it's up for grabs.

The more complex, I believe the more fun I can have with it~ It'll be fun coming up with spells that meet the parameters of that idea. It'll be controversial, but I'm more than willing to debate different ideas. It'll spark nice arguments (Of the kinder nature I hope), which will also help me understand what kinds of spells I need to be making in the future. Those talks will also help me get to know everyone better, so yes! I'd love to take the idea if it's up for grabs.
Alriiiiight... Gonna go mark it down then. If you need help i'd ask Eddi because i assume he knows more about the occult than i do.

Oh um, something came up and I might not be able to join, so yeah uh, sorry bout that.

Alriiiiight... Gonna go mark it down then. If you need help i'd ask Eddi because i assume he knows more about the occult than i do.
Sounds good! If I've got any questions, then I will send them his way!

Summoning demons.... probably not right now, summoning spirits, sure that'll be acceptable. I'd also say lower the spirit count to 2 or 3 for right now, you can increase the number when you rank up because 5 or 6 right off the bat seems a bit much.
Ok sounds good, I want to reserve spirit summoning
Are there any other prominent species or it's just humans and demons?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good! If I've got any questions, then I will send them his way!
What I'm pretty good with the occult, so anything you want to pester me about, feel free to. I have WAY to many spell ideas. so if you'd like a few crazy ones, feel free to just ask.

Ok sounds good, I want to reserve spirit summoning
Are there any other prominent species or it's just humans and demons?
Spirits/ghosts i guess, just like the real world. (Yes i believe in that stuff.)

I'd also assume mythology exists too, after all we ARE living on earth for this roleplay.

Spirits/ghosts i guess, just like the real world. (Yes i believe in that stuff.)

I'd also assume mythology exists too, after all we ARE living on earth for this roleplay.
The new character is done btw. I'm just image hunting. so you can have a look at him whenever you want, he's just under yours

Reactions: Kame
Name: Ivan Cerribor
Nickname: Fenrir or Wolf-Heart among his family.
Appearance:
(Can't find a image. yet)

Special Accessories (Something that is close or important to said character):
A large crescent scar across his chest from when he was much younger, and a necklace with silver tree hanging from it. There are seven gemstones on the tree of different colours. 2 huge wolves that are always by his side (He RIDES them, just to give a example of how big they are), named Freki and Grei who he often talks to. They also fight by his side.
----
Likes: Nature, All living things. Talking with the wilds. Playing his Pan pipes.
Dislikes: Those who would destroy that which lives, People who set things on fire for no good reason. People who don't like music.
Hobbies: Playing the Pan-Pipes, Chatting to his 2 'pet' wolves, Planting seeds and reforestation. Tending to the few pot plants he has in his room.
Personality: Ivan is warm, kind and friendly, open to all and very happy to chat with anyone and everyone. He is often the first to offer advice or warm words of comfort. However he is also the first person to remind someone that not everyone is the same and that some people see the world differently to others.

Affections (If you happen to like someone please say who here, if not then you may leave this alone):
Relationships (If you have friends or close ones please say who here, if not then you may leave this alone):
----
Element: Nature
Special spells (Use the magical template provided in the systems tab to make your spells here):

Name: Change Staff
Element: Nature
Range: Close
Costs: 20
Damage: 30 (Per Strike)
Description: Ivan drives his staff (well its a long wooden walking stick) in to the ground and it transforms in to a immense oak tree that can strike around it at foes, either at Ivan's orders or of its own free will. It can move slowly and will last until the spell is reverted, or it takes enough damage, in which case it returns to the staff form.

HP:
Max: 500
Current: 500
MP:
Max: 100
Current: 100
SP:
Max:100
----
Goals: To see the re-forestation of large portions of the world, To understand nature in all its forms.
----
Theme song (Optional):

Actor Voice (Optional):
History: Magic, while lost to the world still lived on in stories and myths, Some people felt that they could still use it, through rituals, through sacrifice. One of those groups of peoples were druids. Ivan's family was part of a druidic circle that believed by replacing their own organs with those of another living creature they would become closer to nature. the more vital the organ the closer to nature they would become, this however was more and more risky. Most of Ivan's family went for simple things, Kidneys, livers, things that could regrow or they could survive without. As modern medicen advanced it became possible to do more and more risky transplants (so long as you could find a doctor willing). Ivan's father in a moment of either pure insanity, or rebellious stupidity decided he wanted to exchange his son's very heart for that of a wolf. Either by some fluke, some stroke of luck, or maybe by some magic, Ivan survived. Becoming known as Wolf-Heart among his family. The wolf that had gained a human heart bore pups not 2 months later, without a father. Only two pups, and the She-wolf died after the pups had grown enough not to suckle, Ivan took the pups and raised them. It started with him carrying them in his arms, then the pair of them following him like two lost puppies. However, by the time Ivan was 6 and the pups were both 3, They walked beside him as friends, guardians, and brothers. One pup was pure white, the other pure black. Both Wolves seem to share a Ivan's life span, It is suspected that when he dies, they will either lay down and fall with him, Or they will guard his body until it is their time to join their master, and brother. Ivan's training as a 'druid' started only a few days after he recovered from his transplant. Going through normal school as well as some basic druid like training before being found by the academy he feels more at home with magic than most of his classmates and also has a solid grounding in 'natural' magic, basic herbalore and the ilk as well as being able to make several delicious variants of tea from things such as nettles, Mint, apples (and their leaves), even capable of distilling elderflowers in to cordial. It also means that he is somewhat of a virtuoso at the pan pipes.
qualifyApprovedSupport.png

Loved the history.

So you're saying that to say I can have mythological beasts as spirits? Because I would love that

Or perhaps I can change their ability to spectral summoning where they summon specters of creatures

So you're saying that to say I can have mythological beasts as spirits? Because I would love that

Or perhaps I can change their ability to spectral summoning where they summon specters of creatures
Sure, if you want.

Name:
Hiro Ketamaryta
Nickname:
Hiro or Kat
Appearance:
c0aac50cf6b07b8062934f1390a171f98faf1860eee8b92e75b28517ab528522.png

Special Accessories:
An all black Ring with a black gemstone as dark as the night itself
7947f4b9657578f491d883b90ad2df8f.jpg
----
Storms, eating, intelligence, walking around in the rain, and the cold

Dislikes:
Hot days, the heat, ignorance, stupid questions, and being manipulated

Hobbies:
Reading, exploring, biding by his own rules at times, playing pranks, and playing with his own magic.

Personality:
Although Hiro does his work and doesn't usually mess around during school hours he loves to break rules and do things he isn't supposed to. He is smart enough to separate the two, allowing him to keep up his grades, but can be a lot to handle sometimes. Hiro loves to wander in places that is forbidden and often using his magic for some of the most menial tasks. Sometimes this gets him in trouble but after so many times in that position he has learned to be quite discrete and subtle. It doesn't always work though. Because of his attitude outside of school many people see him as a degenerate or a punk, despite have very good grades and focusing where he needs to.

Affections:
(Secretly) Kirie Kitora

Relationships:
Very close Friend Kirie Kitora - @Blue Jay
----

Beginner
Element:
Lightning (Thunder)

HP: 500
MP: 100
SP: 100

Special spells:
Name:
Thunderstruck
Element:
Lightning
Range:
Long Range/Within Sig
Costs:
40 MP
Damage:
100 HP
Description:
Hiro can call down a very large pillar of lightning (10 foot diameter) causing high damage but requiring half his current mana. It is a nuke type of ability for either getting off quick damage to run the enemy away or to finish off an injured opponent.
----
Goals:

Ever since Hiro was full able to comprehend his ability to control lightning and thunder he has trained to try and master it. Creating and control large storms. He isn't sure of what he wants after he is able to master his element but he will be sure to find it when he gets there.
----
Theme song (Optional):
Actor Voice (Optional):

Jonah's Voice
History:

Hiro loved storm watching. It was his favorite thing to do, watch the lightning crash on the ground and thunder shakes the skies. It would always calm him and help him concentrate on whatever he was working on. Because of this odd phenomenon Hiro started to heavily research storms and just lightning in general. Not long after he took interest in storms he walked through one to get to a friends house. He had a close call and almost got struck with lightning. What he didn't know at the time was he was actually hit with the bolt, but merely deflected it without his knowledge. It would be another year before he actually learned of his powers. Devices like his phone and computer would often charge or decharge with no reason. He had heard of others with elemental magic so he decided to test for himself. He tested his theory that he had the power of Lightning on electrical objects, trying to power them while either unplugged or completely dead. After a couple experiments he learned he did control lightning, and started to try and master it from the moment he learned he had a gift.

Last edited:

Name: Kirie Kitora
Nickname: Valkyrie though she doesn't actually go by this or like to be called this, it's sort of a "stage" name

Appearance: Kirie is of average height and weight for her age with her main defining feature being her large blue eyes. She always dresses neatly when she doesn't wear the uniform of her former academy, preferring to wear length appropriate skirts and crisp button up shirts.

Special Accessories (Something that is close or important to said character): Her most treasured possessions are her Snowflake hair clip and her sword Demonsbane. The clip is a gift from her parents, given to her for her 8th birthday before she was sent off to train. It snowflake shape represents the frigid northern lands they call home.
The sword was not a gift she anticipated, being left to her by her master who was killed by a particular demon.
Sword design credit to rittik-designs

----
Sword fighting, training, being with the people she loves, self improvement
Dislikes: Demons, ineffiecency, having nothing to do or entertain herself with, failure

Hobbies: Kirie very much enjoys training, especially sessions where she feels like she has made visible improvements. For fun she enjoys sight seeing, being with friends, playing the violin and things that keep her active and busy.

Personality: Kirie is a friendly girl, never afraid to reach out to others. She is free with her smiles and laughter and tries to make those around her comfortable. While she does not see herself as a capable leader, she is willing to step up in difficult situations. Kirie is very confident in herself and her abilities but she believes there is always room for improvement. Her morality system is rather strict: you're either right or your wrong, there is no inbetween for her. Because of this and her strong will, it can be fairly easy to cross her and she is not quick to forgive. She is very energetic and prefers to be on the move doing things.

Kirie can also be intolerant and impatient. She is a quick thinker and often mistakes those who can't keep up with her as stupid timewasters. She has the potential to be incredibly cold at times, especially when she is stressed. She is goal orientated and can be ruthless when it comes to achieving those goals. And of course her stubbornness is legendary. When she has her heart set on something it's best not to get in her way.

Affections: She has a bit of a school girl crush on Zekiel finding him very charming and admiring the way he looks after all the students.
Relationships: Considers Hiro Ketamaryta to be a good friend
She would like to get to know all of her classmates
----
Beginner
Element: Spectral Summoning
Special spells:
To summon she invokes the name of the specter or spirit she wants to use, using her sword as an amplifier
For more special or advanced summons and short incantation is required

Kirie is a sword fighter, she uses summons to compliment and augment her close range fighting style with a variety of protective and damaging summons

Summon Name: "Kenshin!"
Kirie calls the name of her former master Kenshin

Kenshin Skills

Name: Protect
Range: Short - Extends about 5 feet away from her body in all directions
Damage: None
Description: Kenshin's ever loving devotion and protection towards his most prized student manifests it's self in a shield that blocks all magical damage within a 5 foot radius of her for up to 20 damage

HP:
Max 500
MP:
Max 100
Current 100
SP:
----
Goals:
To kill the demon that murdered her master.
She has other things she'd like to do but none are even a fraction as important as avenging the man who taught her everything she knows.
----
Theme song (Optional):
Actor Voice (Optional):
Similar to the singer of her theme song

History: Kirie was born to a well off family and never really desired for anything. Her father collected antique and rare weapons which sparked her love for the sword. Being a sword fighter of repute himself, her father was delighted by their shared interest and arranged for Kirie to attend a private school where she would not only receive a great education but would also be trained to fight. At only 8 years old, Kirie was sent off to live in a strange city surrounded by foreign faces. It tore her mother apart but the woman called and wrote often so it never felt like the two were too far apart.
It was at this private school that she met the man who would forever change her life, and by some cruel twist of fate, give it purpose as well. Master Kenshin was a kind, proud man and he very much reminded her of her father. He took a liking to Kirie early on in her studies, admiring her hard working nature and eagerness to learn. And learn she did.
He taught her everything he knew and marveled at the speed which she was progressing. All seemed to be going well for her and she was set to graduate and move onto the next level of study when the city the school was located in was attacked by demons.
By the grace of some higher power and the sacrifice of her beloved master Kenshin who gave his life to protect those of his students, Kirie was able to survive.
Kirie quit training then. She went home and attended a local school but vowed to never pick up a weapon again as she had failed to fight when she was needed the most. That failure combined with the loss of her master gave her unfathomable sorrow that her young childish mind could not hope to process. She moved through life listlessly, worrying her parents who it seemed could do nothing to help her.
Then one day as she lay in bed at her family home, wallowing in self pity and despair, a package and a letter had arrived for her. The letter, addressed to her, was written in her masters own hand. He wrote of his affection towards her and how he felt like she was the daughter he never had. And that he was leaving his most prized possession in her care. The letter had been written long before his death; that knowledge piercing her heart like a knife. He had always intended to give her this though he had no idea of knowing when he would die.
Inside the long package was a sword she had long admired but now dreaded to hold in her hands; Demonsbane. His most prized possession. The sword her master had once wielded.
Tears ran down her cheeks as she brokenly whispered his name, the beautiful blade in hand.
It was at that moment that her masters spirit appeared before her. His spirit could not rest, not until the demon that killed him had been vanquished. Kirie tasked herself with avenging Kenshin's death and was granted the ability to use magic in order to do so.
Her parents enrolled her at Shinwa-mahou Academy though they worried for her safety. They had almost lost their daughter to demons once and feared next time no one would be there to protect her.
They have no idea just how determined their daughter truly is.

UhaPAG5.png

"I will make things right again master, I promise you"

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Wolfsin and Kame
That looks a lot longer then I had intended :p
But it's done!

Name:
Hiro Ketamaryta
Nickname:
Hiro or Kat
Appearance:
c0aac50cf6b07b8062934f1390a171f98faf1860eee8b92e75b28517ab528522.png

Special Accessories:
An all black Ring with a black gemstone as dark as the night itself
7947f4b9657578f491d883b90ad2df8f.jpg
----
Storms, eating, intelligence, walking around in the rain, and the cold

Dislikes:
Hot days, the heat, ignorance, stupid questions, and being manipulated

Hobbies:
Reading, exploring, biding by his own rules at times, playing pranks, and playing with his own magic.

Personality:
Although Hiro does his work and doesn't usually mess around during school hours he loves to break rules and do things he isn't supposed to. He is smart enough to separate the two, allowing him to keep up his grades, but can be a lot to handle sometimes. Hiro loves to wander in places that is forbidden and often using his magic for some of the most menial tasks. Sometimes this gets him in trouble but after so many times in that position he has learned to be quite discrete and subtle. It doesn't always work though. Because of his attitude outside of school many people see him as a degenerate or a punk, despite have very good grades and focusing where he needs to.

Affections (If you happen to like someone please say who here, if not then you may leave this alone):
(Waiting for more people to join)
Relationships:
----

Beginner
Element:
Lightning (Thunder)

HP: 500
MP: 100
SP: 100

Special spells:
Name:
Thunderstruck
Element:
Lightning
Range:
Long Range/Within Sig
Costs:
40 MP
Damage:
100 HP
Description:
Hiro can call down a very large pillar of lightning (10 foot diameter) causing high damage but requiring half his current mana. It is a nuke type of ability for either getting off quick damage to run the enemy away or to finish off an injured opponent.
----
Goals:

Ever since Hiro was full able to comprehend his ability to control lightning and thunder he has trained to try and master it. Creating and control large storms. He isn't sure of what he wants after he is able to master his element but he will be sure to find it when he gets there.
----
Theme song (Optional):
Actor Voice (Optional):

Jonah's Voice
History:

Hiro loved storm watching. It was his favorite thing to do, watch the lightning crash on the ground and thunder shakes the skies. It would always calm him and help him concentrate on whatever he was working on. Because of this odd phenomenon Hiro started to heavily research storms and just lightning in general. Not long after he took interest in storms he walked through one to get to a friends house. He had a close call and almost got struck with lightning. What he didn't know at the time was he was actually hit with the bolt, but merely deflected it without his knowledge. It would be another year before he actually learned of his powers. Devices like his phone and computer would often charge or decharge with no reason. He had heard of others with elemental magic so he decided to test for himself. He tested his theory that he had the power of Lightning on electrical objects, trying to power them while either unplugged or completely dead. After a couple experiments he learned he did control lightning, and started to try and master it from the moment he learned he had a gift.
I love the semi-dark feel your character has, will be a nice addition to the roleplay. :)
Your goals and history is missing but other than that its accepted.

Name: Kirie Kitora
Nickname: Valkyrie though she doesn't actually go by this or like to be called this, it's sort of a "stage" name

Appearance: Kirie is of average height and weight for her age with her main defining feature being her large blue eyes. She always dresses neatly when she doesn't wear the uniform of her former academy, preferring to wear length appropriate skirts and crisp button up shirts.

Special Accessories (Something that is close or important to said character): Her most treasured possessions are her Snowflake hair clip and her sword Demonsbane. The clip is a gift from her parents, given to her for her 8th birthday before she was sent off to train. The sword was not a gift she anticipated, being left to her by her master who was killed by demons.
Sword design credit to rittik-designs

----
Sword fighting, training, being with the people she loves, self improvement
Dislikes: Demons, ineffiecency, having nothing to do or entertain herself with, failure

Hobbies: Kirie very much enjoys training, especially sessions where she feels like she has made visible improvements. For fun she enjoys sight seeing, being with friends, playing the violin and things that keep her active and busy.

Personality: Kirie is a friendly girl, never afraid to reach out to others. She is free with her smiles and laughter and tries to make those around her comfortable. While she does not see herself as a capable leader, she is willing to step up in difficult situations. Kirie is very confident in herself and her abilities but she believes there is always room for improvement. Her morality system is rather strict: you're either right or your wrong, there is no inbetween for her. Because of this and her strong will, it can be fairly easy to cross her and she is not quick to forgive. She is very energetic and prefers to be on the move doing things.

Kirie can also be intolerant and impatient. She is a quick thinker and often mistakes those who can't keep up with her as stupid timewasters. She has the potential to be incredibly cold at times, especially when she is stressed. She is goal orientated and can be ruthless when it comes to achieving those goals. And of course her stubbornness is legendary. When she has her heart set on something it's best not to get in her way.

Affections (If you happen to like someone please say who here, if not then you may leave this alone): She has a bit of a school girl crush on Zekiel finding him very charming and admiring the way he looks after all the students.
Relationships (If you have friends or close ones please say who here, if not then you may leave this alone):
----
Beginner
Special spells (Use the magical template provided in the systems tab to make your spells here):
To summon she invokes the name of the specter or spirit she wants to use, using her sword as an amplifier
For more special or advanced summons and short incantation is required

Kirie is a sword fighter, she uses summons to compliment and augment her close range fighting style with a variety of protective and damaging summons

Summon Name: "Kenshin!"
Kirie calls the name of her former master Kenshin

Kenshin Skills

Name: Protect
Range: Short - Extends about 5 feet away from her body in all directions
Damage: None
Description: Kenshin's ever loving devotion and protection towards his most prized student manifests it's self in a shield that blocks all magical damage within a 5 foot radius of her for up to 20 damage

Name: Kenshin's Fury
Range: Medium to Long Range
Damage: 10
Description: Kenshin's spirit emerges from the sword to attack and disrupt enemies. Has a 10% chance to interrupt a spell cast.

HP:
Max 500
MP:
Max 100
Current 100
SP:
----
Goals:
To kill the demon that murdered her master.
She has other things she'd like to do but none are even a fraction as important as avenging the man who taught her everything she knows.
----
Theme song (Optional):
Actor Voice (Optional):
Similar to the singer of her theme song

History: Kirie was born to a well off family and never really desired for anything. Her father collected antique and rare weapons which sparked her love for the sword. Being a sword fighter of repute himself, her father was delighted by their shared interest and arranged for Kirie to attend a private school where she would not only receive a great education but would also be trained to fight. At only 8 years old, Kirie was sent off to live in a strange city surrounded by foreign faces. It tore her mother apart but the woman called and wrote often so it never felt like the two were too far apart.
It was at this private school that she met the man who would forever change her life, and by some cruel twist of fate, give it purpose as well. Master Kenshin was a kind, proud man and he very much reminded her of her father. He took a liking to Kirie early on in her studies, admiring her hard working nature and eagerness to learn. And learn she did.
He taught her everything he knew and marveled at the speed which she was progressing. All seemed to be going well for her and she was set to graduate and move onto the next level of study when the city the school was located in was attacked by demons.
By the grace of some higher power and the sacrifice of her beloved master Kenshin who gave his life to protect those of his students, Kirie was able to survive.
Kirie quit training then. She went home and attended a local school but vowed to never pick up a weapon again. She moved through life listlessly, worrying her parents who it seemed could do nothing to help her.
Then one day as she lay in bed at her family home, wallowing in self pity and despair, a package and a letter had arrived for her. Inside the long package was a sword she had long admired but now dreaded to hold in her hands; Demonsbane. The sword her master had once wielded.
Tears ran down her cheeks as she brokenly whispered his name, the beautiful blade in hand.
It was at that moment that her masters spirit appeared before her. His spirit couldn't rest, not until the demon that killed him had been vanquished. Kirie tasked herself with avenging Kenshin's death and was granted the ability to use magic in order to do so.
Her parents enrolled her at Shinwa-mahou Academy though they worried for her safety. They had almost lost their daughter to demons once and feared next time no one would be there to protect her.
They have no idea just how determined their daughter truly is.

UhaPAG5.png

"I will make things right again master, I promise you"
Finally a girl character! I loved the history and the fact you put my character into the fold, it'll make quite a nice addition to the plot line. :)
Accepted.

Reactions: Gremory
I love the semi-dark feel your character has, will be a nice addition to the roleplay. :)

Finally a girl character! I loved the history and the fact you put my character into the fold, it'll make quite a nice addition to the plot line. :)
Accepted.

What do you mean missing? I have them there, unless you want me to change it.

What do you mean missing? I have them there, unless you want me to change it.
OH! My bad, its this damn white background i have. Its fine though i'll just highlight the section and read it that way.

Accepted.

Originally intended to play a male but decided to take this opportunity to play a female!
And Zekiel very much seems like the type of person she would look up to and adore, had to include him :)

• Love
Can you all see the image i put on the first page, first post, and my character image?

Status
Not open for further replies.