Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so we start with 1 special magic, and infinite basic magics, but there's nothing in-between, Like rock walls for earth users, Or ice shields or something for water users ect? or are those considered basic magics? Mostly because the magic I'm planning relies MASSIVLY on Opening gates/voids/teleports as both weapons and defensive measures

Also you only put life/nature on the list rather than both Spatial and life/nature,

And yes, a Damage output (even just a range IE 10-15 or something) and a stat would be useful if only to let the players gauge how fucked they are.
Basic walls and shields are considered to be the basic magics, bigger more greater walls and shields would be considered special. Also, when i think life/nature i think healer, master of the green and animals not ''gates, voids and teleports'' so i'm going to separate these aspects here and remove your reserved spot for life/nature and replace the word ''spatial'' with celestial just to make things more understandable.

Right, gonna work on the demon list then.

Basic walls and shields are considered to be the basic magics, bigger more greater walls and shields would be considered special. Also, when i think life/nature i think healer, master of the green and animals not ''gates, voids and teleports'' so i'm going to separate these aspects here and remove your reserved spot for life/nature and replace the word ''spatial'' with celestial just to make things more understandable.

Right, gonna work on the demon list then.
....~facepalm~ No, spatial is gates voids and teleports. Life/Nature is something I have in the works IE my NEXT character. If you'd notice I reserved 2 magics. A little bit of logic goes a long way here. Don't mean to be rude. just trying to clarify.

And Celestial is stars and stuff, you know. 'Celestial Bodies' Where as spatial is space in general, IE a Celestial mage could for example use a constellation as a weapon (don't ask me how, I don't know) Where as a spatial mage could never do that. While a Spatial mage could displace him or herself in space (teleport) while a Celestial Mage couldn't.

If you've got such specific pictures of what each element can/can't do, list them all, and let people chose. If you want people to be free-form, don't be so finicky about exactly what things are called.

....~facepalm~ No, spatial is gates voids and teleports. Life/Nature is something I have in the works IE my NEXT character. If you'd notice I reserved 2 magics. A little bit of logic goes a long way here. Don't mean to be rude. just trying to clarify.

And Celestial is stars and stuff, you know. 'Celestial Bodies' Where as spatial is space in general, IE a Celestial mage could for example use a constellation as a weapon (don't ask me how, I don't know) Where as a spatial mage could never do that. While a Spatial mage could displace him or herself in space (teleport) while a Celestial Mage couldn't.

If you've got such specific pictures of what each element can/can't do, list them all, and let people chose. If you want people to be free-form, don't be so finicky about exactly what things are called.
Didn't know you reserved two elements, maybe be more direct next time?

''positioned in or relating to the sky, or outer space as observed in astronomy.''
Space is key word here, ''spatial'' is considered space as well therefore just like solar fire and fire they're one of the same in this roleplay.

Also, I'm not being quote ''finicky'' i'm just trying to answer your questions here. I don't appreciate the ''you should've done this my way'' attitude, but thanks for the suggestions i guess.

Oh, and also, it wouldn't be so ''finicky'' if you'd chosen a more ''down to earth'' element, the reason why i had to go into such detail and restrictions is because you picked a element that would be considered on the borderlines of ''OP.''

Didn't know you reserved two elements, maybe be more direct next time?

Reserving:

Spatial Magic

Life/Nature magic (whatever that comes under,)
Pretty sure that's direct. don't know if you missed it but here it is just in case.

''positioned in or relating to the sky, or outer space as observed in astronomy.''
Space is key word here, ''spatial'' is considered space as well therefore just like solar fire and fire they're one of the same in this roleplay.
Ok, That's fair enough. If you'd said that in the first place than just changing the name that would have been easier.
Also, I'm not being quote ''finicky'' i'm just trying to answer your questions here. I don't appreciate the ''you should've done this my way'' attitude, but thanks for the suggestions i guess.
Its not a 'you should've done this my way' attitude, I'm just pointing out that You say that in the op we have magical freedom and then you insist that anything and everything is limited. I don't mean to have attitude but it just feels like you're trying to push me in to a path or playstyle I don't want to do, Just because I am asking questions to allow for understanding.
Oh, and also, it wouldn't be so ''finicky'' if you'd chosen a more ''down to earth'' element, the reason why i had to go into such detail and restrictions is because you picked a element that would be considered on the borderlines of ''OP.''

Lets not have a argument about what is and isn't OP. Because I am NOT going to start throwing science around debating energy values and calculations. But suffice to say any and all element can be considered OP when someone decides to be smart with it. The fact that most people go after things like Space/time or such when they want to be OP is because its easier, 'oh you are annoying me? black hole to the face' sort of BS, which I intend to avoid as best I can, and I'd hope you as the DM would let me know if I did do anything like that. Rather than say....a water mage having to explain the effects of draining all the water out of someone's body, or freezing it. or evaporating it or pretty much anything like that. Or say a lightning mage pulsing someone's spinal cord with a resonant frequency of electricity to overload their spinal nerves and turn them in to a paraplegic. Its just easier to be OP rather than it being 'borderline' OP, unless you have a idea of what sort of spells I could/should use, in which case I'd LOVE to hear em. (not trying to be sarcastic or condescending, actually interested its nice to share ideas.)

Pretty sure that's direct. don't know if you missed it but here it is just in case.
Should've put ''and'' in between instead of just spaces.

Its not a 'you should've done this my way' attitude, I'm just pointing out that You say that in the op we have magical freedom and then you insist that anything and everything is limited. I don't mean to have attitude but it just feels like you're trying to push me in to a path or playstyle I don't want to do, Just because I am asking questions to allow for understanding.
Seems like both of us are at a misunderstanding, i'm not trying to force anything onto you, just trying to answer the questions as best as i can. I'm not insisting that everything is limited, as one of the tabs states ''moderated so everything is fair'' therefore tis why i'm trying to be extra careful with your choice of element. Yeah, ideally i could just allow you to do whatever, but i don't wanna see 13 year old beginner ranks summoning planets to earth just to destroy a small creature. Lets make this clear... All i'm trying to do is make things fair and stable, yes you're free to choose whatever element you'd like except light and dark, however, keep in mind that you're starting at the most lowest level therefore i can't accept spells that allow you to summon literal planets and stuff similar to that right now.

Lets not have a argument about what is and isn't OP. Because I am NOT going to start throwing science around debating energy values and calculations. But suffice to say any and all element can be considered OP when someone decides to be smart with it. The fact that most people go after things like Space/time or such when they want to be OP is because its easier, 'oh you are annoying me? black hole to the face' sort of BS, which I intend to avoid as best I can, and I'd hope you as the DM would let me know if I did do anything like that. Rather than say....a water mage having to explain the effects of draining all the water out of someone's body, or freezing it. or evaporating it or pretty much anything like that. Or say a lightning mage pulsing someone's spinal cord with a resonant frequency of electricity to overload their spinal nerves and turn them in to a paraplegic. Its just easier to be OP rather than it being 'borderline' OP, unless you have a idea of what sort of spells I could/should use, in which case I'd LOVE to hear em. (not trying to be sarcastic or condescending, actually interested its nice to share ideas.)
You're thinking to big right now, all of that stuff is near Paladin level. Right now, seeing how everyone is new to all of this and to make it completely fair i'd suggest just staying low minded and think small.

Alright, for example you could summon a shield made of the night sky (celestial essence) which ideally would protect you pretty freakin well against any magic actually, ''ultimate defense.'' (add a cooldown of course)
I'm not all that good at celestial stuff so i wouldn't know much about how to work it but yeah, that shield idea would be accepted for a celestial magic user at beginner rank.

Should've put ''and'' in between instead of just spaces.
I was treating it like a list. but I guess I could have for even more clarity.
Seems like both of us are at a misunderstanding, i'm not trying to force anything onto you, just trying to answer the questions as best as i can. I'm not insisting that everything is limited, as one of the tabs states ''moderated so everything is fair'' therefore tis why i'm trying to be extra careful with your choice of element. Yeah, ideally i could just allow you to do whatever, but i don't wanna see 13 year old beginner ranks summoning planets to earth just to destroy a small creature. Lets make this clear... All i'm trying to do is make things fair and stable, yes you're free to choose whatever element you'd like except light and dark, however, keep in mind that you're starting at the most lowest level therefore i can't accept spells that allow you to summon literal planets and stuff similar to that right now.
Trust me, I won't be dropping planets, Honestly that's kinda lame and a waste of power. If I was going that level I'd be doing things like teleporting people in to deep space or opening gateways to the heart of a star in their chest. the kind of thing that would be honestly REALLY fun.
You're thinking to big right now, all of that stuff is near Paladin level. Right now, seeing how everyone is new to all of this and to make it completely fair i'd suggest just staying low minded and think small.
Exactly, Just as all the OP stuff for Celestial would be. my point is that given enough power anything can be OP. its just easier to come up with OP stuff when we're talking about things that could blitz earth in to mince meat.
Alright, for example you could summon a shield made of the night sky (celestial essence) which ideally would protect you pretty freakin well against any magic actually, ''ultimate defense.'' (add a cooldown of course)
I'm not all that good at celestial stuff so i wouldn't know much about how to work it but yeah, that shield idea would be accepted for a celestial magic user at beginner rank.
For that I think just opening a teleport to deep space would be pretty much the same. and yes, I was considering that. Right now my current 'special' is non-physical with a single target only. mostly made to REALLY screw with the sort of enemy who thinks himself to be the centre of the entire frickin universe. Oh and my first character is mostly done.

Talking of Celestial abilities. Would you consider the ability to say....Open a gate way to the surface of the sun (A SMALL GATE, like maybe 20cm across, enough to let a gout of flame through) a valid attack for Celestial? as you're using your chosen 'element' to 'harness' another, as we discussed before? Or you know, a gate to the centre of Triton for a pressurized blast of water the same temperature as deep space?
I'm pretty good with Science in general, so I tend to pick things pretty far out there.

For that I think just opening a teleport to deep space would be pretty much the same. and yes, I was considering that. Right now my current 'special' is non-physical with a single target only. mostly made to REALLY screw with the sort of enemy who thinks himself to be the centre of the entire frickin universe. Oh and my first character is mostly done.

Talking of Celestial abilities. Would you consider the ability to say....Open a gate way to the surface of the sun (A SMALL GATE, like maybe 20cm across, enough to let a gout of flame through) a valid attack for Celestial? as you're using your chosen 'element' to 'harness' another, as we discussed before? Or you know, a gate to the centre of Triton for a pressurized blast of water the same temperature as deep space?
I'm pretty good with Science in general, so I tend to pick things pretty far out there.
A small gate is fine, rather it be for defensive means or offensive means. As long as you keep it small for now it is acceptable unless Kitsune drops in and says it isn't.

Totally fine, That's what I'm mostly intending to use, Well that and Teleporting, because nothing is more fun than letting the foe think they are about to hit you before just noping out.

Totally fine, That's what I'm mostly intending to use, Well that and Teleporting, because nothing is more fun than letting the foe think they are about to hit you before just noping out.
Heavy cooldown system please.

Reactions: Kame
Here's what I'm thinking for my magic type, I'll list a few skills I had in mind for you to review

My character is able to summon spirits (would demon spirits be allowed?) using their weapon as a means to amplify the ability

Their beginner spirit would be that of their former master(will explain this in the character bio)
This person cared for them as if they were their own child so the spirits ability is protective
It can form a spectral shield that can block magical attacks up to a certain number of damage
I would like the amount of damage blocked to increase as my character grows

Another spirit I have in mind, if demons are allowed, would be a ravaging type demon that does direct damage and returns a small percentage of damage dealt back to my character as HP

I think I would like my character to have a set of maybe 5 to 6 spirits they choose to use each battle though they would have a variety to choose from
This way they are limited in what they can use during battles but if they have prior knowledge they can optimize their load out of spirits for the battle

Not GM or anything, but Demons are the enemy, so summoning one would probably get you in trouble.
Other than that I'm pretty sure that summoning spirits would be ok (seeing as I'm allowed to use sigils and wards for my magic)

Looks cool.

Someone took teleportation, welp. Back to the drawing board I go.

Reactions: Kame
Here's what I'm thinking for my magic type, I'll list a few skills I had in mind for you to review

My character is able to summon spirits (would demon spirits be allowed?) using their weapon as a means to amplify the ability

Their beginner spirit would be that of their former master(will explain this in the character bio)
This person cared for them as if they were their own child so the spirits ability is protective
It can form a spectral shield that can block magical attacks up to a certain number of damage
I would like the amount of damage blocked to increase as my character grows

Another spirit I have in mind, if demons are allowed, would be a ravaging type demon that does direct damage and returns a small percentage of damage dealt back to my character as HP

I think I would like my character to have a set of maybe 5 to 6 spirits they choose to use each battle though they would have a variety to choose from
This way they are limited in what they can use during battles but if they have prior knowledge they can optimize their load out of spirits for the battle
Summoning demons.... probably not right now, summoning spirits, sure that'll be acceptable. I'd also say lower the spirit count to 2 or 3 for right now, you can increase the number when you rank up because 5 or 6 right off the bat seems a bit much.

Just updated the rules tab, just now found out that i didn't add the character age rule. Should be there now though, thanks to Gremory for telling me.

Reactions: Gremory
Updated Alexander to fall within the age category. I cannot find a suitable looking image that aptly shows both his magic and appearance. so I won't be changing that. other than that I think he's all done.

Updated Alexander to fall within the age category. I cannot find a suitable looking image that aptly shows both his magic and appearance. so I won't be changing that. other than that I think he's all done.
I'm sure the beard is just a reference to what he'll look like older, 13 year olds with beards is kinda odd. Lol

Accepted by the way, here's your fancy badge thing.

qualifyApprovedSupport.png

Oh, does that mean I can unleash my 11 year old self in this RP?

Just doing the maths, and found something REALLY scary. when growing, a English oak tree exerts enough pressure to shatter concrete and bend steel. Lets, for a moment, ask a few questions. What would you consider the spell level of say....firing a acorn at high enough speeds to lodge in someone's skin/flesh ect? and what would the spell level be of causing a plant to grow at a abnormally high rate? because I'm just trying to work out some fun offensive spells for my druid-y guy without the normal 'smack people with wood' and I just decided to work out how much damage I could do by rapid-growing a plant in/on them.
Also, would you consider Resurrection to be a suitable Ult/super if it took say, 50 or 70 mana?

Status
Not open for further replies.