Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only person who think that giving 11-13 year olds magic to defend the world may not the best judgement on the adults. So, where exactly are the adults or slightly older people in this RP ?

Am I the only person who think that giving 11-13 year olds magic to defend the world may not the best judgement on the adults. So, where exactly are the adults or slightly older people in this RP ?
I just chalked it up to 'ancient prophesy bullshit' or something similar. Honestly, what's the point in questioning the plot when more than 90% of it is obfuscated? though You could always just assume they're out there fighting bigger monsters. there are multiple ranks. so its possible that there are several different ranks of demon right?

Just doing the maths, and found something REALLY scary. when growing, a English oak tree exerts enough pressure to shatter concrete and bend steel. Lets, for a moment, ask a few questions. What would you consider the spell level of say....firing a acorn at high enough speeds to lodge in someone's skin/flesh ect? and what would the spell level be of causing a plant to grow at a abnormally high rate? because I'm just trying to work out some fun offensive spells for my druid-y guy without the normal 'smack people with wood' and I just decided to work out how much damage I could do by rapid-growing a plant in/on them.
Also, would you consider Resurrection to be a suitable Ult/super if it took say, 50 or 70 mana?

Firing something like that would probably be near specter level maybe? Upperclassmen perhaps, not too sure. Lol
A plant to grow? Beginner probably depending on what plant it is.

Resurrection would be under life ideally healer and so seeing the massive power it holds i'd say... specter or alpha rank level. But anyways, i'm not sure if i should allow you to pick life AND nature, the two are kinda different after all and i don't think it would be all that much fair to give you two elements and not everyone else.

Wait for my character and possibly one of Kitsune's characters. ;P

Firing something like that would probably be near specter level maybe? Upperclassmen perhaps, not too sure. Lol
A plant to grow? Beginner probably depending on what plant it is.

Resurrection would be under life ideally healer and so seeing the massive power it holds i'd say... specter or alpha rank level. But anyways, i'm not sure if i should allow you to pick life AND nature, the two are kinda different after all and i don't think it would be all that much fair to give you two elements and not everyone else.
Totally fine, I was intending to play a druid-y type character who harnesses nature and uses it as both a weapon and healing. you know, the whole returning to nature shebang. but If you want to say nature or life but not both that's cool, though I'd like to have a clarification on the difference, IE could a Nature mage make stuff grow, germinate seeds, ect. or would that be life? and could a Life mage converse with ANY living creature? exampes, not actual questions (to avoid misunderstandings like before)

Totally fine, I was intending to play a druid-y type character who harnesses nature and uses it as both a weapon and healing. you know, the whole returning to nature shebang. but If you want to say nature or life but not both that's cool, though I'd like to have a clarification on the difference, IE could a Nature mage make stuff grow, germinate seeds, ect. or would that be life? and could a Life mage converse with ANY living creature? exampes, not actual questions (to avoid misunderstandings like before)
Nature is the art of manipulating the already existing elements of the outside surface of the earth, life is the art of manipulating the souls of already existing creatures.

Woo, Best clarification to date. I think we're starting to understand one another.

Ok, so 1) No soul ripping? just because that is unfair. 2) Outside of the surface of the earth, so, I couldn't plant a seed and cause it to start growing because that would be 'inside' the surface of the earth? 3) Which one would cover the act of creation, IE, spawning plants ect. so 'oh crap, clif' 'oh climbable tree/vines' as it were. 4) Which one would cover having things like wolves following you.

Sub Question: Which one do you think would be most suited to a Slavic shaman style character, talks with wolves, wears a bear pelt, uses runes, Probably has a few animals following him. Almost like Rhadagast from Lord Of the Rings.

Woo, Best clarification to date. I think we're starting to understand one another.

Ok, so 1) No soul ripping? just because that is unfair. 2) Outside of the surface of the earth, so, I couldn't plant a seed and cause it to start growing because that would be 'inside' the surface of the earth? 3) Which one would cover the act of creation, IE, spawning plants ect. so 'oh crap, clif' 'oh climbable tree/vines' as it were. 4) Which one would cover having things like wolves following you.

Sub Question: Which one do you think would be most suited to a Slavic shaman style character, talks with wolves, wears a bear pelt, uses runes, Probably has a few animals following him. Almost like Rhadagast from Lord Of the Rings.

Soul ripping, paladin move but i'd say pretty limited. Soul ripping i'd allow unless Kitsune jumps in and says otherwise, a restriction i'd place on it would be as follows: Hand must be completely placed on said creature/individual, must stay there for 10 minutes straight, soul would probably come out pretty slow, and it can be interrupted.

Yes, ''creation'' is something completely different therefore no planting something wouldn't really be nature in this roleplay.

I'm guessing you're asking which element would fit with the character? Nature.

Ok, Nature it is. Though I suspect we'll come in to conflict over what nature can and cannot do. I'm treating Nature as the ability to communicate, manipulate, and otherwise create (from source material (I need acorns for oak trees ect), and plants only for creation) any living creature that is non-human. Would you agree?

Ok, Nature it is. Though I suspect we'll come in to conflict over what nature can and cannot do. I'm treating Nature as the ability to communicate, manipulate, and otherwise create (from source material (I need acorns for oak trees ect), and plants only for creation) any living creature that is non-human. Would you agree?
I completely agree.

I completely agree.
WOOOHOOO from misunderstanding to total agreement. Ok, character will probably get started either later tonight or tomorrow depending on my other half, my sleep and if my heart decides it wants to run out of power again.

Reactions: Kame

Nickname: The Immortal Mage
Appearance: Zekiel wears no shirt but wears a very heavy and long white coat with a black trim and a black fur collar with golden chief shoulders. Attached to the jacket are cuban cigars which is located on his chest near the left and another set attached to his right sleeve. He wears black pants tucked into black combat boots which essentially completes his outfit.
Special Accessories: His cuban cigars is his catalyst for his smoke magic.
----
Likes: his cigars, the school, the students, beaches, long cool days, peaceful walks, daydreaming, the sea
Dislikes: demons, the taste of lollipops, coffee
Hobbies: His collection of cuban cigars
Personality: Zekiel is smart yet edgy and at the same time gentle, a weird yet charming persona he carries with him for the kids sake. When the kids aren't around he tends to get a bit flirty with the women but due to his constant worry about his public image he will change his complete persona when in the presence of the students. Loving and protective of the school and all humans he stands by his moral and belief strongly that the human race is much more powerful than the demons.
Affections: He flirts with the girl teachers, too much.
Relationships: Unknown for now . . .
----
Element: Smoke
Special spells:

• Smoke Screen -
    Range: Long
    Costs: 10
    Damage: N/A
    Description: Expels smoke from the mouth to cover a large area in attempts to blind opponents.
  • Blinding Combat -
    Range: Close
    Costs: 10
    Description: By expelling smoke from the mouth downward on the body it sticks to the muscles and through rapid movement it blinds the opponent for a short time with every missed attack.
  • The Strength of a thousand Molecules -
    Range: N/A
    Costs: 30
    Description: By inhaling smoke directly from the cigar it can transform a part of Zekiels body into smoke for a short period of time. (Cooldown: Three times per battle)
  • Smoke Bombs -
    Costs: 10 per bomb
    Damage: 50 +
    Description: By expelling smoke into the hand and placing the hand onto a surface said area will conjure a constant stream of smoke, when the opponent gets within close range of the smoke the area blows up and forms a conjuring of smoke that fills up the limited area. The opponent will take 50 damage per turn when they're in this smoke. (Total of bombs allowed per battle: 5)
  • Smoking Vigil -
    Range: Medium
    Costs: 20
    Description: By expelling smoke AND inhaling smoke from the cigar at the same time Zekial is able to transform his whole body into smoke which allows him to swiftly ''teleport'' to a safe area whilst still staying within combat range. (Cooldown: Three times per battle
HP: 1000
MP: 500
SP: 500
----
Goals: Unknown
----
Theme song:

Actor Voice:
Deep voice with some charm babyyyyy.

History:
Those who know him, call him President of Shinwa-mahou Academy. Those who truly know him, call him the ''Immortal Mage'' a secret persona that only the teachers of the school know about. Zekiels past is hidden from the students and very well at that. Those who dare to ask him receive a silly remark, a obvious attempt to avoid the question, and in good faith. He believes that the students are not yet ready to learn the truth of his existence and therefore will not tell them, however the teachers know very well who he is and shares his belief that they're not ready to know yet.

Okay I have an idea for a character but I want to run a few things down first.

So with that type of magic, the user conjures the elements from out of nowhere/with their MP? For example fire users conjure fire and water user conjure water.
If I have a character who can make weapons out of metal, can that be conjured from MP too? I'm planning on my character who is a tomboy-ish nerd with "Mechanicals" as an element.
Also can magic be used outside of combat? If MP has such a limit how does training or practice work? I'm assuming kids aren't going be thrown into real fighting with zero practice.

*Raises hand* I would like to say that I would like to have a magic based on tarot cards please~ (If this is unacceptable, please let me know and I can come up with something else for ya!)

If you want some of the ideas that I've got behind the power, please let me know and I'd be more than happy to explain the idea to you!

Okay I have an idea for a character but I want to run a few things down first.

So with that type of magic, the user conjures the elements from out of nowhere/with their MP? For example fire users conjure fire and water user conjure water.
If I have a character who can make weapons out of metal, can that be conjured from MP too? I'm planning on my character who is a tomboy-ish nerd with "Mechanicals" as an element.
Also can magic be used outside of combat? If MP has such a limit how does training or practice work? I'm assuming kids aren't going be thrown into real fighting with zero practice.
Weapons are made of steel not metal. Yes magic can be used outside of combat, yes you can use your MP to conjure weapons if you have steel magic reserved. Metal would be more mechanical/technological. ''Practice'' will be in class, practice won't cost anything because its more story based than combat focused.

*Raises hand* I would like to say that I would like to have a magic based on tarot cards please~ (If this is unacceptable, please let me know and I can come up with something else for ya!)

If you want some of the ideas that I've got behind the power, please let me know and I'd be more than happy to explain the idea to you!
''Tarot cards'' isn't a element, paper is though.

Weapons are made of steel not metal. Yes magic can be used outside of combat, yes you can use your MP to conjure weapons if you have steel magic reserved. Metal would be more mechanical/technological. ''Practice'' will be in class, practice won't cost anything because its more story based than combat focused.

''Tarot cards'' isn't a element, paper is though.
Well I wasn't particularly thinking that 'Tarot Cards' could be the element. Just something that would be closely related to Tarot Cards while staying within the boundaries of an element. I can't particularly think of a name, but maybe 'Occult' or something like that would work...? There's probably a much better word for what I'm thinking of, but if you get the idea, then that's what I'm shooting for.

Well I wasn't particularly thinking that 'Tarot Cards' could be the element. Just something that would be closely related to Tarot Cards while staying within the boundaries of an element. I can't particularly think of a name, but maybe 'Occult' or something like that would work...? There's probably a much better word for what I'm thinking of, but if you get the idea, then that's what I'm shooting for.
Occult... that is one of the most complex and controversial magics realistically. Are you sure you wanna pick that?

Updated the accepted characters tab, i also added a FAQ tab to make things more easier on everyone.

Name: Ivan Cerribor
Nickname: Fenrir or Wolf-Heart among his family.
Appearance:
(Can't find a image. yet)

Special Accessories (Something that is close or important to said character):
A large crescent scar across his chest from when he was much younger, and a necklace with silver tree hanging from it. There are seven gemstones on the tree of different colours. 2 huge wolves that are always by his side (He RIDES them, just to give a example of how big they are), named Freki and Grei who he often talks to. They also fight by his side.
----
Likes: Nature, All living things. Talking with the wilds. Playing his Pan pipes.
Dislikes: Those who would destroy that which lives, People who set things on fire for no good reason. People who don't like music.
Hobbies: Playing the Pan-Pipes, Chatting to his 2 'pet' wolves, Planting seeds and reforestation. Tending to the few pot plants he has in his room.
Personality: Ivan is warm, kind and friendly, open to all and very happy to chat with anyone and everyone. He is often the first to offer advice or warm words of comfort. However he is also the first person to remind someone that not everyone is the same and that some people see the world differently to others.

Affections (If you happen to like someone please say who here, if not then you may leave this alone):
Relationships (If you have friends or close ones please say who here, if not then you may leave this alone):
----
Element: Nature
Special spells (Use the magical template provided in the systems tab to make your spells here):

Name: Change Staff
Element: Nature
Costs: 20
Damage: 30 (Per Strike)
Description: Ivan drives his staff (well its a long wooden walking stick) in to the ground and it transforms in to a immense oak tree that can strike around it at foes, either at Ivan's orders or of its own free will. It can move slowly and will last until the spell is reverted, or it takes enough damage, in which case it returns to the staff form.

HP:
Max: 500
Current: 500
MP:
Max: 100
Current: 100
SP:
Max:100
Current: 100
----
Goals: To see the re-forestation of large portions of the world, To understand nature in all its forms.
----
Theme song (Optional):

Actor Voice (Optional):
History: Magic, while lost to the world still lived on in stories and myths, Some people felt that they could still use it, through rituals, through sacrifice. One of those groups of peoples were druids. Ivan's family was part of a druidic circle that believed by replacing their own organs with those of another living creature they would become closer to nature. the more vital the organ the closer to nature they would become, this however was more and more risky. Most of Ivan's family went for simple things, Kidneys, livers, things that could regrow or they could survive without. As modern medicen advanced it became possible to do more and more risky transplants (so long as you could find a doctor willing). Ivan's father in a moment of either pure insanity, or rebellious stupidity decided he wanted to exchange his son's very heart for that of a wolf. Either by some fluke, some stroke of luck, or maybe by some magic, Ivan survived. Becoming known as Wolf-Heart among his family. The wolf that had gained a human heart bore pups not 2 months later, without a father. Only two pups, and the She-wolf died after the pups had grown enough not to suckle, Ivan took the pups and raised them. It started with him carrying them in his arms, then the pair of them following him like two lost puppies. However, by the time Ivan was 6 and the pups were both 3, They walked beside him as friends, guardians, and brothers. One pup was pure white, the other pure black. Both Wolves seem to share a Ivan's life span, It is suspected that when he dies, they will either lay down and fall with him, Or they will guard his body until it is their time to join their master, and brother. Ivan's training as a 'druid' started only a few days after he recovered from his transplant. Going through normal school as well as some basic druid like training before being found by the academy he feels more at home with magic than most of his classmates and also has a solid grounding in 'natural' magic, basic herbalore and the ilk as well as being able to make several delicious variants of tea from things such as nettles, Mint, apples (and their leaves), even capable of distilling elderflowers in to cordial. It also means that he is somewhat of a virtuoso at the pan pipes.

Whoooo weee! that just kinda....flowed on to the page when I started writing it. Oh right: I'm giving him a 0 mana passive spell which allows him to talk to wild animals, trees/plants ect, You know like a passive ability sorta thing?
Hope that's not too much of a issue and doesn't cause problems. It just feels right for the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.