• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
From what I know, Alice will take another look, but in the meanwhile I think that I can give you the first acceptance. If everything is alright, Alice will post her seal of approval and then you're accepted into the RP with your first character. ^__^

..... >__>

So he has told you about us? Time to sharpen the pitchforks then. One doesn't talk about fight club.

Anyhow, your CS is great. I am only little bit doubting about the summoning. The thing is that first characters/genin are only allowed to start with a small sized summoning. I picture a full sized wolf around small~large, so I am going to pester the other GM's about it. Other than that, its all great and acceptable, but for that small detail I have to postpone my acceptance.
I have gone ahead and fixed the Summoning ^^

@conman2163

Accepted by me. Seeing Les gave her acceptance as well, that means you can post the CS in the accepted cs bin. ^^
You will soon receive a message afterwards on what team you've been put on. Welcome into the RP ^^
If you have skype and wish to be joining the (fun) chaos that is known as the Main Chat of the RP, then just pm me or any GM your skype.

@Wingless_Angel

Looks all dandy with me. Same counts for you now. Welcome to the RP! Post your CS in the accepted thread bin and you're good to go.

@conman2163

Accepted by me. Seeing Les gave her acceptance as well, that means you can post the CS in the accepted cs bin. ^^
You will soon receive a message afterwards on what team you've been put on. Welcome into the RP ^^
If you have skype and wish to be joining the (fun) chaos that is known as the Main Chat of the RP, then just pm me or any GM your skype.

@Wingless_Angel

Looks all dandy with me. Same counts for you now. Welcome to the RP! Post your CS in the accepted thread bin and you're good to go.
Thank you very much ^^

@Aliceee

Thanks, I'll get that posted now.

Summary :

Present year :
Present month :
October

The temperature overall is dropping. In the northern lands it's worse than down south. There haven't been any days with snow, but the decrease of the temperature heralds the coming of winter.

- Special thanks to Fiery!

[spoili]

Nation :
Lightning country and its vassals
Ruler/government :
Daimyo-monarchy
Raikage :
Takeru Destrushia , Fifth Raikage, Storm Blade

Summary :

For some time a mysterious faction has been at work in Kumogakure. What they tried to achieve was quite shrouded, but it soon turned out that these mysterious operatives were working to take out higher ups in the military capital (not to be confused with the actual national capital!) of the Lightning country. Their first victim was the Monkey Sage, a respected general from the Great War, Waki Sanosuke. The respected senior was found dead in his home outside of Kumogakure with no sign of a struggle. It was almost like it was an execution. Ever since then the assaults and assassination attempts have increased. Assassination attempts on the higher ups were frequent with one of the boldest efforts the attempt on the Raikage Assistant, Asami Sanosuke, and the Guard Commander, Hikyo. The assassins managed to work explosives in the home of the Guard Commander and tried to take the two out in one loud attempt.

Working to increase the security, the higher ups started to divide the work and tried to find out who these mysterious assailants were and for who they were working. With the Guard Commander, Raikage Assistant and Spy commander - Kaizen - teaming up they started to hunt down and locate the source of this faction. However, it turned out that it weren't just the leadership positions that were being targeted as Midori Sato, better known as the Savior of Kumogakure and the one who tamed the Hachibi, was at one point kidnapped as well. After gathering information it turned out that these assassins were part of some religious caste as they were lead by some kind of priest. The group that managed to kidnap Midori was attempting to bring her eastwards, crossing the sea to the vassal state of the Lightning country - the Sky country. Though they were eventually halted and taken down with no harm been done to Midori, the situation is still anything but good.

To the south of the Sky country lies the Wolf country. Just before the Revolution that saw the rise of the Republic of the Water Country, there have been a lot of revolts and as well as an increased unrest in the Wolf country. At this stage it has escalted to the point that the Lightning country has signed to join the Joint Strike Force Operation to hopefully turn the region back to a peaceful state. The borders between the Sky and Wolf have been nothing but a trouble with refugees trying to escape from the ever increasing chaos of the Wolf country. An army of 5.000 has been send to march from the capital of the Sky country to the south in order to secure a good position somewhere at the coast and to provide a safe landing position for the Akinian forces that will come to their aid. Though unknown to all, from the east of the Wolf country, a large armed force is marching to its borders.

Nation :
Empire of Akino
Government :
Imperial-monarchy
Ruler :
Kiyomi Homura,
First of her name, Ruler and Protector of the Realm, Tamer of the Nibi, Second Lightning Flash, the Blue Flame of Akino.

Summary :

A few months ago, the Fire Daimyo and his family got put down by the sword of a group of elite operatives under the command of the Jounin Commander, Zakito Hon. This was done firstly to safe-guard any threats that could come from the family. By doing so the group discovered that the old daimyo of the now Fire province had been plotting with an unknown group. This lead to the fact that the higher ups of the Empire started to seek out what this mysterious faction could be and where they were. This so the higher ups to plot their end. Covert operations began in order to extract information of Zero Teams that were - and likely still are - stationed in the neighboring lands of the Empire. Only to find no proof that the group was plotting with the tratior daimyo family. While cautious the realm continued to prosper and grow without any further incidents until finally some clues were discovered. A few teams of shinobi were send to the village of Nanporo - in the southern part of the Fire province - only to be met with hostile contact with unknown operatives. The result of the mission and battle of Nanporo, gave the higher ups more information over the faction that they were hunting.

Some of the information lead to Keishi, the former capital of the Fire province. While a meeting with the leaders and representatives of the clans was held in the old grand daimyo palace in the city, a detachment of the Guardians were send out to investigate and hopefully capture and eliminate any of the collaborators that had been working with the traitor daimyo family.

What they discovered were unknown operatives that could transform into unknown bipedal creatures. Though successful in taking out one, another one escaped. Soon after this the operatives of the Empire started to work to hunt down and combat what came to be known as the Zealots of Truth. These were people following rather similar religious believes and manners as those that had been causing trouble in the Lightning country. While operations continued in an attempt to work against these Zealots a force was prepared and mustered to be send out to cross the sea towards the Wolf Country. Yet, a most troublesome situation is boiling down in the center of the Rain Province, Amegakure.

A genin discovered that the Zealots of Truth are working with remnants of the small army of Soru Deshuga. Their goal seems to be liberating Soru Deshuga from prison - as the man was imprisoned for his crimes (poisoning the local population for example...). The Zealots seem to provide the Soru insurgents with information and help to plan this escape as well supply them with arms and other supplies. In exchange the insurgents will follow the Chantry once this all over. This all happens at the time that Hisoka Uchiha, the governor of the Fire province and one of Kiyomi's advisors is meeting with the potential candidates for the next Amekage.

Nation :
Republic of the Water Country
Government :
Semi- Democractic
The people on the council choose others for vacant positions.

Summary :

Ever since the Revolution that saw the end of the rule of the Mizukage as well (though not planned ) the end of the daimyo of the Water country, there has been relative peace in the Water Country. The people have been picking up their lives and are trying to prosper underneath the leadership of the new found Republic. Though struggling at the start, it seems that there now is stability and the begin of economical growth. Yet there are still big troubles.

Being part of the Joint Strike Force Operation, the Republic is obliged to send a force into the Wolf country - their former vassal - in order to free it from the growing chaos. Though already working some missions at the border and some at the coast, the Republic is facing another dire threat. Not too long ago Hiro Akiyama was assassinated in public by Suzu Insurgents. For those who aren't familiar with the history of Kirigakure, the Suzu were a clan that claimed that they brought forth the best shinobi and assassins. They however were put down a long time ago which reduced their numbers heavily. The last known Suzu, Rika Suzu, managed to survive the Suzu slaughter. She managed to become the Fifth and last Mizukage by killing the Fourth Mizukage. Now with these insurgents and the trouble on the eastern continent, the Republic is facing new problems to deal with.

Some more explanation:

The Joint Strike Force Operation

The chaos in the Wolf country has been a problem for both the Lightning country as well as the Republic. This has lead to a treaty that was signed to set up a joint strike force to quell the unrest. While Akino faces no real threat from this chaos in any direct manner, they are the miltiary allies of the Lightning country. Coupled with the fact that there are traces of the Zealots of the Truth that led east, it's a good enough reason for the Empire to join the fray with the other two nations.

Zealots of Truth

So far the origins of these religious minded operatives is shrouded in mystery. The only reliable clues have led to the east and that has led to more questions than answers. They claim that they work for the Maker and seem to follow what they call the Chantry. They are capable of speaking a foreign and barely used or understandable language as well operating somewhat different from what has been seen of other agencies and factions. There hasn't been much confirmation of what their true purpose is other than vaguely stating that they work for the Maker.

The Maker

The Maker is either a surpreme ruler in the mysterious and unexplored east or a deity. The Zealots of Truth seem to be quite devoted to this Maker and mention the ways of the Chantry. What this all means and for what purpose has yet to be explored further.
[/spoili]

A short comment on the short posts (which often consists of one paragraph) :

[spoili]
It has occured several times that the GM Team had to notify a player or two that their post was too small. While we don't want to force everybody in writing large essays, ever since the beginning of the RP back on RPG we mentioned that for every IC post we would like to see two paragraphes per post. It is understandable a person cannot always write a large post. Truly, we understand that experienced players eventually run into issues considering what to put in their posts. Still, every IC post has to at least consist of two decent sized paragraphes. A collabs, where a person writes a single line or short reply for their character is a total different case. At least, considering that the collab doesn't solely consist of one-liners.

If there are any troubles regarding meeting the required minimum just approach one of the GMs and request help. I am fully aware that the required 2 paragraph isn't stated in the rules as there was never much of a need for it. It was a standard and unwritten rule we have kept ourselves to for these three years. From today it will be included in the rules section and again: if there are any problems with trying to make a two paragraph post then approach the GMs.

If there are any questions about things such as what a proper post length for an IC post would be, then please look above. Seems like two decent sized paragraphes, don't they?
[/spoili]

Reactions: zane620
While that's all fine the nature of the roleplay at times requires tedious and small posts JUST to get the ball rolling. Currently a team either engages in a long, time-consuming collab post that is filled with unecessary paragraphs describing characters that are essentially idle that is a horrible pain to read in most cases, or they go ahead post-by-post out of a collab which is faster and less wasteful since players are no longer encouraged to write for their character every time it's "their turn". The latter makes progress in individual teams way easier to read and follow for players not involved in said team. In my opinion this makes the RP a lot more open and inviting, as everyone can easily keep track of what's happening rather than being presented with 5k+ word collabs describing how two people travel somewhere, hearing two character's opinions incessantly alternate to give their opinions to every single fucking thing being said or described by the other.

Just my 2 cents. But I'll try to combine necessary and boring posts into bigger ones that allow things to go more quickly while not descending into one-liner-land.

So is 2 paragraphs base on number of sentences or numbers of lines XS
Just two paragraphs. Such as can seen in the spoili, the two paragraphs aren't of equal lines and size. Its the idea that follows that. There isn't a real preset minimum. People with a larger screen often see at first glance paragraphs much smaller than people with smaller screens. Its thus hard to state on how many lines and sentences is required.

While that's all fine the nature of the roleplay at times requires tedious and small posts JUST to get the ball rolling. Currently a team either engages in a long, time-consuming collab post that is filled with unecessary paragraphs describing characters that are essentially idle that is a horrible pain to read in most cases, or they go ahead post-by-post out of a collab which is faster and less wasteful since players are no longer encouraged to write for their character every time it's "their turn". The latter makes progress in individual teams way easier to read and follow for players not involved in said team. In my opinion this makes the RP a lot more open and inviting, as everyone can easily keep track of what's happening rather than being presented with 5k+ word collabs describing how two people travel somewhere, hearing two character's opinions incessantly alternate to give their opinions to every single fucking thing being said or described by the other.

Just my 2 cents. But I'll try to combine necessary and boring posts into bigger ones that allow things to go more quickly while not descending into one-liner-land.
Completely understandable. I myself am dealing with it at the moment with Team 9. Everybody in that team can vouch that its slightly annoying as a little effort (takes 15 seconds D: ) to make an earlier reply in a PM collab. The fact that a team hasn't much to do or post is something that can occur. However it has been commented by @Fieryfly before that short posts aren't really something we followed for three/four years as a standard. This has however nothing to do with collabs as what is simply being requested is more detail being put into a solo post instead of a what has been called an 'one-liner'. Nothing more than that. In fact, you don't need to collab in order to make a post of decent size. I am pretty sure that I don't need to patronize people in order to help out what can perhaps be taken into the post and else I like to refer to the spoili where it was implied that if there are any questions or requests for that the GM team can be approached.

And thanks. I hope I can get to read your posts soon. :)

Reactions: Unyielding
The biggest problems i have seen for myself is in fact determining whether or not i should include a the thought process of my character when i do a colab.

Because the way i look at a colab, i see it as action after action.

Ninja A throws rock
Ninja B Dodges (not post how he watched the boobies jiggle as the woman was throwing a rock unless that had an effect on the dodge)

The biggest problems i have seen for myself is in fact determining whether or not i should include a the thought process of my character when i do a colab.

Ninja A throws rock
Ninja B Dodges (not post how he watched the boobies jiggle as the woman was throwing a rock unless that had an effect on the dodge)
I understand. This is also what has cause some frustration as of course we as a whole GM team don't wish to enforce too much on the players. Thus the choice is all up to you. I prefer details and insights into characters from time to time, even in collabs. What I do see is that some people do let thoughts, emotions and desires be shown to the reader and not just IC wise. It is of course different when it boils down to combat. There I personally prefer to keep the action rather in a constructive flow so to say :

First action/reaction, making clear what my character does. Then possible thoughts. That way the person who writes with me knows where to look for my actions and then when I spot a chance to exploit the moment/place that I then put it in. Of course minding to not make it too long to try to maintain a certain pace. It is however quite subjective and that all makes it harder to establish what is good and what isn't. Best is just to lay that out with a team or anybody that you write with during that collab. :)

Fuck someone blow up my work place so I go home. So many people are coming in

Ninja A throws rock
My personal opinion is that you should simply do as you wish when it comes to collabs. I don't mean post a single line that says you throw that rock, but I do mean that you could include thoughts and emotions into the post as you wish. Collabs are just posts between two or more people that are condensed into one post to more easily keep track of it and such like that. And I think the reason that collabs are more lenient for post-length is because you and the other people are working at going forward and providing the total post as a group, so unlike in the actual IC, people can easily say "Yo, I need just a tad more info" and they can just go "Aight, here." Or people can talk and ask about situations before replying (they can in IC, but people seem to be more willing to during collabs).

There's no need to see the collab as action after action unless that's how you want to view it, which is completely fine. You can watch for simply how each character acts and reacts, or you can watch for other details as well, like how each attack affects someone mentally/emotionally, or how each person spots the attack, how they dodge it specifically, how they may or may not return fire and how their emotions play on it... Everyone wants to read a different story, so you can, if you wish, read just about whether they do or don't dodge and whether they do or don't attack back... The whole point that I think the 2 paragraph minimum idea is for, is that if someone gets writer's block and writes two lines about nodding to someone and not returning anything, then there's nothing for the other person to work with, and can grind the RP scenario down to a halt.

• Thank You
Reactions: Gerontis
My personal opinion is that you should simply do as you wish when it comes to collabs. I don't mean post a single line that says you throw that rock, but I do mean that you could include thoughts and emotions into the post as you wish. Collabs are just posts between two or more people that are condensed into one post to more easily keep track of it and such like that. And I think the reason that collabs are more lenient for post-length is because you and the other people are working at going forward and providing the total post as a group, so unlike in the actual IC, people can easily say "Yo, I need just a tad more info" and they can just go "Aight, here." Or people can talk and ask about situations before replying (they can in IC, but people seem to be more willing to during collabs).

There's no need to see the collab as action after action unless that's how you want to view it, which is completely fine. You can watch for simply how each character acts and reacts, or you can watch for other details as well, like how each attack affects someone mentally/emotionally, or how each person spots the attack, how they dodge it specifically, how they may or may not return fire and how their emotions play on it... Everyone wants to read a different story, so you can, if you wish, read just about whether they do or don't dodge and whether they do or don't attack back... The whole point that I think the 2 paragraph minimum idea is for, is that if someone gets writer's block and writes two lines about nodding to someone and not returning anything, then there's nothing for the other person to work with, and can grind the RP scenario down to a halt.
yeah i agree. I meant those thoughts and observations that had no effect on the events aka the fluff.