• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
o.o Seriously? Hm... it's kinda normal to have imaginary friends though. Or maybe I'm wrong?

I was the...obsessed with imaginary friends to the point that I had no real ones anymore...A consoler asked me what my imaginary friend was like and I told her it was a Pokemon that I wanted to evolve...
Yeah I think I had problems back then.

Hm, well I would have just said it was imagination, but then again, I'm no councilor :o

@Squee, count me in. I'll work on a cs asap.

@Cresion Breezes I actually am a counselor, so I can step into this conversation! Haha. I had "imaginary friends" until I was quite a bit older as well. And by that, I mean I imagined I was Hermione Granger's sister, dating Harry Potter, and my only friend was Harry Potter's brother who dated Hermione. We had a complex story about how we were angry that we were left out of the books and movies. We fought Voldemort and all that. Yeah, we did this until we were about 12, which is completely embarrassing to admit.

From a counselor's viewpoint, imaginary friends aren't all that concerning unless you literally see them and believe they are there (i.e. are hallucinating and/or delusional). Of course, it is probably a good idea to have gone to counseling just to make sure you weren't, and if you literally had no friends, it was probably good for you as well, since a large part of development at that age is based on social interactions with peers. (Which is not the same as with a counselor, but it would be more similar than with the other adults in your life).

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
It's kind of comforting to know many different people had similar experiences :D As a kid I used to do the same, as an adult I changed it into fanfiction writing.

Ok I will wait for the bio to be complete before reading it.
That's not the only thing you're going to be waiting on. I need to add the age and personality as well as find a good sword picture. By the way, nice pictures for your characters.I see you also enjoy magic the gathering. Sorin Markov for the tyrant and a vaishino for Cojack

Last edited:
That sounds...Mary Sue...but everyone's sort of like that when they're little.

I believed that I could see ghost type Pokemon and trained them...now I still train them...on my game cartridge. Even though I sucked at Pokemon training...yes I sucked even in my imagination...that's the level of self confidence I had.

It's kind of comforting to know many different people had similar experiences :D As a kid I used to do the same, as an adult I changed it into fanfiction writing.
I do some creative writing, but am only recently getting into fanfiction writing. Because, well, I'm in graduate school and it's less work.

I used to write fanfiction a lot until my Mister was like o_o Why not do something original? I have a few ongoing stories up on Fictionpress... which i keep telling myself to update but haven't yet ^_^' Whoopsies!

Roleplaying was mostly a way to help with writing, and I have to admit it has done it's job.

I minored in Creative Writing in college. I'm pretty confident in my basic skills in writing, as I've been through the critiquing process quite a bit. I'm not as good at the fanfiction though, for some reason I can't stand to put those characters through anything bad. And while I like writing fluff, it's not so great to read.

I'm more of a fan art person, since it's less likely to portray a character OOC with fan art :P.

I like fluff as a subplot lol. If the plot is good, that is. I never actually write romance for the sake of it lol.

Cresion, lol that's true. The only fanart I've tried though is SSJ Gohan lineart.

Me bored.

Me should go learned grammar :P

That's not the only thing you're going to be waiting on. I need to add the age and personality as well as find a good sword picture. By the way, nice pictures for your characters.I see you also enjoy magic the gathering. Sorin Markov for the tyrant and a vaishino for Cojack
Actually, the picture for Cojack is from the Dungeons and Dragoons 4th Edition Player's Handbook. I am a big fan of MTG though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh. I've never played dungeons and dragons before. Looked more like a vaishino to me. Lol

Oh. I've never played dungeons and dragons before. Looked more like a vaishino to me. Lol

Yeah, I can see the mistake!
On a side note, if Victor lives in Rothendust (a large city), how would he know that he has the power to level a hill or a house? He likely would've had to test them out within the city limits, which likely would've gotten him arrested. If not, then he would to have done so outside the wall, which members of the watch would have seen, and questioned. Lastly, compared to the rest of our powers, that one is a little off the charts. Magic is relatively weak in Rothendust when compared to magic in other fictional worlds. Maybe have the lasers and beams of death be the end result after his diamond opens up more to him? Just a suggestion though. And I'm not Squee, so I don't have final say in that, he does. But, I believe that he will feel the same way about Victor's abilities.

Yeah, I can see the mistake!
On a side note, if Victor lives in Rothendust (a large city), how would he know that he has the power to level a hill or a house? He likely would've had to test them out within the city limits, which likely would've gotten him arrested. If not, then he would to have done so outside the wall, which members of the watch would have seen, and questioned. Lastly, compared to the rest of our powers, that one is a little off the charts. Magic is relatively weak in Rothendust when compared to magic in other fictional worlds. Maybe have the lasers and beams of death be the end result after his diamond opens up more to him? Just a suggestion though. And I'm not Squee, so I don't have final say in that, he does. But, I believe that he will feel the same way about Victor's abilities.
I appreciate the input. Yeah, I'll have it be that powerful later on in the story. Right now I'm having a bit of trouble finding a good picture for his sword and I'm considering using Cloud Strife's fusion swords or the iconic buster sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.