• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an enchanted sword that can transform upon command. It could start as a large knife , like this
hqdefault.jpg
, when sheathed and much like inuyasha's sword grow in size when drawn from its sheath. Then transform upon verbal command into any bladed or blunt force weapon in that era. The only limitations it has is the imagination of the one using it. And that it can't split into multiple weapons.

Last edited:
It's an enchanted sword that can transform upon command. It could start as a large knife , like this
hqdefault.jpg
, when sheathed and much like inuyasha's sword grow in size when drawn from its sheath. Then transform upon verbal command into any bladed or blunt force weapon in that era. The only limitations it has is the imagination of the one using it. And that it can't split into multiple weapons.
I'd have to say that's a liiiiiiiiittle OP. Just saying. Also, I'm a katana man myself. Specifically the katana/wakizashi combo.

When it comes to weapons I try to go for versatility, @Zarrock. ^.^'

Last edited:
That actually can work, and here's how.

Espers are beings made of almost all energy and they inhabit armor. They can die if their armor is damaged, but if you take a look at how, say, Var works, the weapons can be parts of the body (His dagger, not his spear). Since Espers are very much so made of magic, they are completely magical in nature, and for some Espers (like Var) the magic involves their bodies. If this weapon was originally the body part of an Esper then it wouldn't be ridiculous to say it carries its own magical properties from when the Esper was alive and well. The thing is, Dragoons bodies can't handle magic because of how they work, but Dragoons can still act as a conduit for magic, everything in this world has magic energy with the exception of the monsters. The sword can draw from the wielders energy to use its power.

However, it will have to have a natural limit and there's a few ways this can be done, the most obvious being that once Victors energy is all out it goes back to it's "default" shape. Another limit is the weapons weight will need to change with its mass, the more material the more it weighs. As this is magical by nature it can be less heavy than it "should" be, but there must still be a reasonable limit to where its weight falls. I would also, for balancing reasons, suggest it actually takes time while it "reconfigures" its shape, like you'd imagine something changing shape physically would.

I'd also like to point out the best weapon is clearly the handaxe. <- that's how I say it's my favorite.

Reactions: Victor Markov
The weapon I described offers an unpredictable fighting style. And @Squee, I like the idea you put forth. I could, if you would permit it, make an esper partner for Victor that acts as Victor's weapon and completely changes its shape from something humanoid to a pure weapon much like tsubaki and black star from soul eater.

I have something like that, funny enough. That comes with a whole new list of drawbacks though, such as the two not being on the same page and changing weight would be a fatal error. Even if the two are an immaculate pair then it still shows the issue that you will have to have some method of communicating aloud that could, even if done in code, be figured out by an intelligent foe. And of course such a utility would be pretty unnecessary facing against monsters which are mindless beasts only attempting to kill people for food (Aren't we delicious?), which means it's true potential is best used against other people, which as of yet would be rare to have happen within Victors life time, which would have a naturally negative impact on their training together. This could be an arguable point if the two are members of any sort of guard.

I'm fine with whatever characters anyone wants to play as, so if these things are ok with you then it will work. I'd also suggest, just for aesthetics sake, not to make the Esper too large compared to the weapons it becomes. That would look ridiculous, lol. Just look at how ridiculous this looks....

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Victor Markov
Hell yeah! Transformers are the shit especially the first generation!

And of course I'll make it proportional between the many forms for his esper partner and Victor will actually verbally tell his partner what form to take. ^.^ he'll be able to keep the unpredictable fighting style so long as the opponent, if it has the mental capacity to not only understand but hear Victor, actually knows what he's saying.

Last edited:
*spots the word Inuyasha and wakizashi- fangirls*

Well I have a theme song for the roleplay, does that count?

Something about that song just...The feels. THE FEELS.
I know this is a little late, but I think this would be a more fitting theme song for this rp

That reminds me, I found a theme for Var!

Very nice find.

Hey, I might be inactive for a few days because I'm moving and the Internet isn't set up at my new place yet. Also I took apart my computer and it would be awhile before I manage to put it back together again.
Since my family isn't helping me move and I have to take care of their stuff it's going to take awhile before I have a lot of free time, like, a long while.

Hey, I might be inactive for a few days because I'm moving and the Internet isn't set up at my new place yet. Also I took apart my computer and it would be awhile before I manage to put it back together again.
Since my family isn't helping me move and I have to take care of their stuff it's going to take awhile before I have a lot of free time, like, a long while.
I hope all goes well with the moving!!!

If this isn't yet closed to sign ups, I would like to create a character oncre I have a new charger for my laptop. This roleplay has caught my attention, and I haven't even read the whole story, which I will do after this post.

Yes, we are still accepting and now is a decent time to introduce new characters.

Question for @Squee , how good is the medical industry in Rothendust? Like, what type of injuries fro monsters are treatable, and what are not? I'm supposing that the real world is way more advanced in medicine but how much? Is healing magic a thing? Or somewhat a thing?

Ash can heal :D well. Kinda o.o

Hi all btw :3

If magic = technology, how advanced is magic...hmmm...
I'm pretty sure there's still non magical healing methods too though, it seems that not everyone have access to magic.

And this is where I slowly back away...

;P

Status
Not open for further replies.