Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me that I need to get a reply up. I'll probably have Fenrasa positioned on the wall talking to Belavyor (if that's still okay?). It'd be interesting to see how all the powers come together against an actual attack.

*rubs chin* I just realized Kela would be pretty useless in a fight as well lol. She's more of a recon type.

Reminds me that I need to get a reply up. I'll probably have Fenrasa positioned on the wall talking to Belavyor (if that's still okay?). It'd be interesting to see how all the powers come together against an actual attack.
yeah that's still fine. Just right now I'm trying to get everything set up because I have a weekend long family event (leaving at 6 today) though I should still be able to connect, my time will of course be occupied. As of now I'm not sure where the attack should come from. Wind and Lightning together, though...Should prove to be a decent pair to be honest.
*rubs chin* I just realized Kela would be pretty useless in a fight as well lol. She's more of a recon type.
Yep, but I've already got a plan that will use that ability very well, it's just not happening yet :P

Okeedokee, I shall be patient! :3

Don't forget I put up Herlevas NPC bio, she's the Wall Guard Captain and will be aiding us. There's more than our characters involved here. Also as for Roth he'll mostly be reserved for the Alpha if he does help, however I would like to make our characters be responsible for the largest part of the victory making the thought of "If we can do this why should we need his protection" come to the minds of some of our characters. That's why the Alpha is wounded in this fight, thought it has recovered a fair bit the wounds will be easily exploited. Depending on how things go Roth might very well not be needed at all. It's a challenge meant to result in the security of our characters no matter what happens, but it won't be an easy victory, and should they fail Roth is there to finish off the beasts.

I will probably try to write a way that @Cresion Breezes character would be useful with her form of magic by having her direct people safely around using Belyavors detailed maps. I imagine Cojack will just take up arms and start hacking away, and honestly with his strength he might be able to take down a grade 5 of this particular pack since it'll be brute force on brute force, I chose this carefully as well as since this particular grade 5 has no strong or weak points, Cojack wouldn't need to aim for any particular points and could win through sheer force as he is one of our strongest characters. However he won't be able to succeed if there's multiple enemies attacking him, but your back will be guarded if one of my characters sees cojack doing so (if). Belyavor is an expert in taking out groups of small enemies, meaning the grade 3's will be more than handled while he's in the vicinity, he's basically crowd control. Var's loose construction will make holding off the Grade 4 a task he can handle as he has a vary small surface area that he could be hit (high evasion in gaming terms), but one mistake would be lethal to anyone near him if he doesn't have support. If this quells @AceSorcerer writers block, Heverkiir can use his sorcery to provide excellent backline support for pretty much the entire group.

This of course leaves our non-combat centered characters. Ashfa can be a support character with her healing, but she will naturally not want to kill herself doing this (I imagine). Still, if she kept herself safe and something were to go terribly wrong, she could save lives. Kyo is...difficult for me to place. It's a type of character I like but I could never write as, I'd be so bad at it. As I said, I plan on there being a breech of the wall, in which case Fens lightning magic could prove invaluable to anything that took the opportunity to pass the walls. Svana is more suited for stealth, meaning a monster atack is not a very good situation where her abilities can be used which is why I want to involve her narratively and not force her into a scene she might not fit in.

This is all, of course, how I imagined things going on in my head, not me telling you guys what I want you to do. As this is a story heavy RP not a D&D game I don't control your characters, you do. The outcome of this attack will all depend on our characters actions.
Oh yeah, I forgot about the wall guard captain... Also, I am glad to see that you have thought out the fight. I was a bit concerned that you might not have thought about the balance of the character's strength against the monsters, but now that you explain it, it seems to be almost an even playing field.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the wall guard captain... Also, I am glad to see that you have thought out the fight. I was a bit concerned that you might not have thought about the balance of the character's strength against the monsters, but now that you explain it, it seems to be almost an even playing field.
I've done that before and killed my RP...I was sad and I will never let it happen again!

I've done that before and killed my RP...I was sad and I will never let it happen again!
Alright, good! Glad to hear it! Also, who will be controlling the monsters? Will you be writing their actions like you do for NPC's, or will the people fighting the monsters decide the monster's actions?

A little bit of both, as it's a whole pack that's a lot for one person to control :P

Wind and Lightning together, though...Should prove to be a decent pair to be honest.
High cross winds can cause Ribbon Lightning, which is pretty cool, and potentially a very good weapon.
tumblr_mrfyr2Z1qw1qcp3c1o1_1280.jpg

Reactions: girlabot
@Naberius that is the most magnificent lightning snake I have ever seen.

@Squee to tie in the scratches ... alright, I have two ideas. 1) Roth is affected by the fact that one of his women was bold enough to cut him, not with the intention of causing any real harm, but solely for the purpose of seeing him bleed. I don't really know how Roth works; would he be angry, and decide he wants her dead? If so, he might assume the group is trying to protect her (even if they aren't), get angry at their interference, and mark them as rebels ... perhaps coming to believe it was all part of a coup in the first place. Or he might just be so fascinated (Roth's equivalent of fascination, anyways) with the fact of her defiance, and goes out of his way to get her back as a power move (more for himself than for anyone else). The problem with these cases is that I'm not sure how much effort he'd be willing to put into chasing down property as insignificant as Svana, or how willing the group would be to keep her around once he's on her tail, especially in the beginning when they don't know her well.

Or 2), the more "out there" option: one of the characters could end up accidentally injuring a monster in the same way Svana cut Roth- four parallel stripes on the wrist. He could think it was a deliberate act, a message- kind of like a symbol of their rebellion. This could also lead to other townspeople adopting the symbol as part of a larger protest, culminating in a city-wide rebellion much later in the RP. Ok so that last part is pretty forward ... obviously if it doesn't work with your overarching scheme then it's not necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or 2), the more "out there" option: one of the characters could end up accidentally injuring a monster in the same way Svana cut Roth- four parallel stripes on the wrist. He could think it was a deliberate act, a message- kind of like a symbol of their rebellion. This could also lead to other townspeople adopting the symbol as part of a larger protest, culminating in a city-wide rebellion much later in the RP.
This. I like this. That's really deep and symbolic almost. It's saying "We'll take the mark that has been left on you, the image of the pain you've already felt, and we're going to surround you with it. We're going to show it to you over and over, and we will make it clear that you will feel this pain again, but multiplied. For every flag, every banner carrying this mark, you will feel pain again." I really like that.

That kinda reminds me of something I read in a book once :3

Alright, good to know! How many exactly will there be of each of the classes?
A rough estimate of 40 total, a rather large pack, but as I mentioned our characters won't be the only ones fighting, the entire wall guard (current shift consisting of 15 including Belyavor and Captain Asler). NPC guards can attack a grade 5 together, Herleva can take on a Grade 5 1 on 1, overall of the roughly 40 7 of them are Grade 5, 11 are grade 4, the rest are grade 3's and one is, of course, the alpha.
High cross winds can cause Ribbon Lightning, which is pretty cool, and potentially a very good weapon.
Never heard of this, I will definitely look into how it works...
@Squee to tie in the scratches ... alright, I have two ideas. 1) Roth is affected by the fact that one of his women was bold enough to cut him, not with the intention of causing any real harm, but solely for the purpose of seeing him bleed. I don't really know how Roth works; would he be angry, and decide he wants her dead? If so, he might assume the group is trying to protect her (even if they aren't), get angry at their interference, and mark them as rebels ... perhaps coming to believe it was all part of a coup in the first place. Or he might just be so fascinated (Roth's equivalent of fascination, anyways) with the fact of her defiance, and goes out of his way to get her back as a power move (more for himself than for anyone else). The problem with these cases is that I'm not sure how much effort he'd be willing to put into chasing down property as insignificant as Svana, or how willing the group would be to keep her around once he's on her tail, especially in the beginning when they don't know her well.

Or 2), the more "out there" option: one of the characters could end up accidentally injuring a monster in the same way Svana cut Roth- four parallel stripes on the wrist. He could think it was a deliberate act, a message- kind of like a symbol of their rebellion. This could also lead to other townspeople adopting the symbol as part of a larger protest, culminating in a city-wide rebellion much later in the RP. Ok so that last part is pretty forward ... obviously if it doesn't work with your overarching scheme then it's not necessary.
Both! Roth might not think on the scratches too much but it would make him very cautious and ready to pull off a power play to "put her in her place" and upon seeing the same thing in other places caused by other people he could very well be outraged. Plus what Zarrock said...Symbolism for the win. But instead of a city wide rebellion, more like city wide support.

And for everyone, I will be home Sunday night but as I will only just be getting home then I will take the time to rest, maybe game a little bit. I have a busy month ahead of me.

Stupid alerts has failed me again :P

It sounds alright, but I don't think Lensue's magic can cover the whole city making directions and stuff. The most she could do it probably like, 1/8 of the city. I don't know about what the diamond do, so I guess the diamond is going to enhance magical powers?
Also I did make it so that she is capable of basic self defense, she could probably take 1-2 grade 3 monsters on her own. Anything more than that would be pretty risky, maybe 1 grade 4 is not life endangering yet but that's probably the bottom line. So @Greenie I guess we'll be somewhat okay.
That is...so cool. Since the narrator has been seen by people who didn't accept the diamond and some others, it could be a way to spread something like a rumor around the city about "hero with diamonds" or something like that. It might raise suspicion in the guards and Roth's castle, so there's more plot points. It might be sort of funny (and ironic) if a ragtag group who can't really find out what they're doing was labeled an urban legend like rebellion organization who is going to overrun the tyrant. It might push the group into actually getting a goal if small words start to roam around the public :P

That is...so cool. Since the narrator has been seen by people who didn't accept the diamond and some others, it could be a way to spread something like a rumor around the city about "hero with diamonds" or something like that. It might raise suspicion in the guards and Roth's castle, so there's more plot points. It might be sort of funny (and ironic) if a ragtag group who can't really find out what they're doing was labeled an urban legend like rebellion organization who is going to overrun the tyrant. It might push the group into actually getting a goal if small words start to roam around the public :P

Exactly! That's why it's unintentional- so that they're almost forced to stand for something together or risk extermination.

@Squee what's so busy about this month? Sounds tiring!

Also, I was looking through fantasy portraits to get an idea for a new character I'm making, and holy cannoli did it give me ideas for an Esper. I mean, look at this 'lil munchkin. Can you imagine dwarven Espers just plodding around downtown Rothendust? Or this terrifying thing running after your character at night. Creepy female-identifying Espers? An old-fashioned grandpa Esper that makes dad jokes and continually talks of how the world used to be when it was created. It was jun fun to look through the portraits in the context of this RP. :o)

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
That armour wearing dwarf made me go aww o.o even though I shouldn't xD

Oh, just summer ending and family getting together. My parents are visiting from out of state as well, so there's that.

Exactly! That's why it's unintentional- so that they're almost forced to stand for something together or risk extermination.

Also, I was looking through fantasy portraits to get an idea for a new character I'm making, and holy cannoli did it give me ideas for an Esper. I mean, look at this 'lil munchkin. Can you imagine dwarven Espers just plodding around downtown Rothendust? Or this terrifying thing running after your character at night. Creepy female-identifying Espers? An old-fashioned grandpa Esper that makes dad jokes and continually talks of how the world used to be when it was created. It was jun fun to look through the portraits in the context of this RP. :o)
I always thought that people who did fantasy art are amazing, since I been trying to do my own character art for future Rps so my characters won't be limited to pictures I find. It's hard...and anyone could probably know that some 14 year old with no art experience drew it if they saw the stuff I drew.

I've seen the stuff you've drawn and posted on Iwaku o.o It's pretty darn good. I know I can't draw that good x.x

Status
Not open for further replies.