Status
Not open for further replies.
Things have been pretty quiet in all of my RPs. Must be because of the holidays? There were so many enormous fireworks going off last night, it was insane- seriously, people in my neighborhood must have spent upwards of $1000 on them! Which is weird because I don't live in a very affluent area. Sigh. Patriotism

There were so many enormous fireworks going off last night, it was insane- seriously, people in my neighborhood must have spent upwards of $1000 on them! Which is weird because I don't live in a very affluent area. Sigh. Patriotism
I don't get all too many fireworks in my area. I live in upstate New York. Fireworks have been illegal here for a long time. They made them legal recently, but ones that go up in the air are still illegal to sell in most of New York. So, there really aren't that many fireworks here.

I don't get all too many fireworks in my area. I live in upstate New York. Fireworks have been illegal here for a long time. They made them legal recently, but ones that go up in the air are still illegal to sell in most of New York. So, there really aren't that many fireworks here.

Oh, they're illegal here, too. Hah. Have you ever gone to see the fireworks in NYC for the Fourth of July? Must be insanely crowded

And I'm Canadian.

Reactions: girlabot
@Greenie So you have any plans for what's happening next, because I don't :(. Nothing to really work with.

Not really :o Ash is a really shy and wallflower kind of personality so I can't really make her OOC and suggest things. I was just hoping to get them out and maybe bump into someone or the others.

I live there, too...Would be hilarious of we secretly knew eachother! But it's unlikely, not just for coincidence sake, someone who knew me would have recognized me by now :P

Also, I'M BACK! But tired...

Reactions: girlabot
Oh, they're illegal here, too. Hah. Have you ever gone to see the fireworks in NYC for the Fourth of July? Must be insanely crowded
I've actually never been to NYC. But I would think that any kind of big public event like that would be insanely crowded!

I live there, too...Would be hilarious of we secretly knew eachother!
That would be a really neat coincidence if we did!!

So we have a few options at this point.

1) We continue trucking along as things are

2) I use Lonn to discover that there might be people planning rebellion (our characters)

3) Monster attack!

4) The narrator (the guy who gave us the diamonds) pushes more will into the diamonds making it more clear why they were given to them.

2 and 4 will finish this chapter more quickly.

Also, as this has been slow lately I'm considering leaving this open again but not advertising anything. Thoughts?

Morning :)

I like options 2 and 4.

So we have a few options at this point.

1) We continue trucking along as things are

2) I use Lonn to discover that there might be people planning rebellion (our characters)

3) Monster attack!

4) The narrator (the guy who gave us the diamonds) pushes more will into the diamonds making it more clear why they were given to them.

2 and 4 will finish this chapter more quickly.

Also, as this has been slow lately I'm considering leaving this open again but not advertising anything. Thoughts?
I personally would love a monster attack, since I was going to send Cojack out monster hunting anyway. I think that would really help pull the group together since they'd have to cooperate as a team to defeat the beast. I like option 4 too, as I think that would help move the plot along a lot. I'm not a fan of option 2 though, since many characters aren't even sure if they want to be part of a rebellion yet. Plus, the point of this chapter is supposed to be set on the characters coming together, and deciding that they are going to fight against Roth. I think the best way to pull them together would be a monster attack, and that it would also help them decide to rebel against Roth, since their all powerful leader wasn't able to protect them. Then if the narrator stepped in and gave one last little shove to move them towards rebellion, I think that would really cement the idea that they are a team, and are set on a revolution.

I'm not a fan of option 2 though, since many characters aren't even sure if they want to be part of a rebellion yet
The idea of 2 is that Lonn would suspect people and therefor label them as wanted rebels, once labeled as a rebel the team would be forced to fight back since not doing so would mean execution regardless, but I see your points.

I was thinking number two since Kela's already (unsuspectingly) approached Lonn, it could kick start the suspecting rebel thing :o

I could go for 4, 2 feels sort of rushed at this point. About 3, it could work since I'm not sure how the monster system works yet, could be a good way to introduce it.

The idea of 2 is that Lonn would suspect people and therefor label them as wanted rebels, once labeled as a rebel the team would be forced to fight back since not doing so would mean execution regardless, but I see your points.
Yes, but forcing them to fight back would be a little dissatisfying in my opinion. The characters would be fighting back, but for the ones who were still unsure about it, their hearts wouldn't be in the fight like they would be if you gave them true reason to fight. Also, as @Cresion Breezes said, throwing a few monsters in the way of the characters would be a good way to introduce the monster rating system, and how fighting the monsters would work.

What about 3) culminating in 4)? Or 3), but the characters wind up unintentionally hurting a guard (perhaps the commander of the Royal guard?) or damaging something of Roth's badly enough for Lonn to solidify his suspicions that a rebellion is happening. As long as all of the characters are involved or at least present, he'll associate them with a rebellion- so they'll be marked and forced to stick together as they're being hunted, even if they had no intent of rebelling. And as @Squee mentioned, Roth doesn't seem like the reasonable type, even if Lonn himself isn't quick to condemn such a ragtag group. (Also would be good to have the Royal Guard Captain there because he's less likely to see the whole ordeal as an accident- especially if he takes personal offense somehow.)

Svana wouldn't choose to run away- it'd need to be her only option, as I'm sure is the case with several other characters. This will give those more reluctant characters time to decide that rebelling is in fact their choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I can combine 3 and 4. While facing off against the monsters (I'll make them attack in a pack) the diamonds will "open" to the users. By open I mean they will reveal a little more about themselves. How I'm going to do this I'm not sure yet, but so far most people like 4 and nobody has anything bad to say about 3.

Okay, I don't have anything to do right now though. Socially awkward people together LOL.

Nobody has commented on the idea of bringing in new people after the first chapter closes, if nobody comments I'll make a judgement call on my own.

I don't mind new blood coming in :o

Status
Not open for further replies.