Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm super self conscious when it comes to art...since my family sort of hates me for it. *coughcough traditional Asian family coughcough*

o.o Ah... well I know in South Asian culture xD parents always want their kids to be an engineer OR a doctor. And not like a PhD, but a REAL doctor (in their words). lol.

Thankfully my parents always supported my writing, my dad bought my first computer for me so I could write :3

Yeah, I'm from northern China though. They sort of let me do what I want, but my family still has the "art has no future" mind set. I'm only on Iwaku because I told them it was a writing website (not like I lies or anything), but I'm probably screwed if they find out if it's creative writing and stuff :P

Ah... I can understand their mindset, even if I don't agree with it lol. My parents are really supportive but I remember my grandma completely shunning fiction as a whole XDD She couldn't get why I'd read fiction, leave alone writing. My mom and dad were different though; they're more of the 'use your strengths' people.

Man o.o I hope you stay here a while!

It's really my mom only though, my dad was fine because he grew in America and had the whole freedom mindset, but my mom and her family grew in China. Well my dad died, so I'm sort of in a bad position now. My parents fought a lot because of the education thing, I didn't like it but I understand why it happened.

I'm probably going to stay, at least I hope so.

I'm sorry about your dad :( That must have been hard.

Well, play it cool :3 For what it's worth, your posts are some of the best I've read on this forum, teens and adults included.

It's okay, I usually take losses pretty well, sometimes I feel like I'm heartless :P not in the bad way though.

The first time I got on this site I was like "why is everyone so...old?". I sort of assumed that everyone is much better than me, because I had no experience in RPing (this is my second RP, I think you were in my first one too). I'm gald you like my post :D, it's been awhile since someone complimented me. The people from my school, and just people generally the same age as me never really liked me. My mom calls me old all the time ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ, gotten used to it though.

It's good to have a strong heart at times. If you have a soft one, it can end up getting punched out of shape.

Awh dang, is that for real? I wonder why it's so. Do you go to like a really elite school perhaps? Because while I do like to dish out compliments, I am being honest as well :D
Funnily enough, my mom says I'm still way to childish and immature XD

Not really, but I'm going to some really elite high school in September. I'm just...weird.

It's nice to be childish, if you don't worry about too much you'll live a better life ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Reactions: Greenie
Yikes! Hopefully you'll do fine in school though :3 Weird is good, normal's overrated to be honest. Just ask me XD I'm a minority where I live so I get stares hehe. It doesn't help that I purposely wear clothes that are from my culture as well xD The other day this child ask me why I'm wearing such different clothes, so I explained it to him. I liked it... so much better than the adults who like to stare as if you're something from a zoo XD

Definitely keeps the stress level down. To be honest, real life has so many worries that at times you just need to unwind. Plus... :P I secretly think my parents are relieved about some immaturity XD

Reactions: Cresion Breezes
Ohh, what culture are you from? If it isn't rude to ask that.

My mom is always pissed at me because I like to get clothe from the men's section. It's comfortable though. Back when I was in elementary I had short hair so when I got to this new school everyone though I was a guy :P. No one really stares at me for dressing like that, except my family :P. I'm good with traditions but where I'm from girls are expected to get married right after they graduate university (that's not that early compared to some cultures, but it has nothing to do with tradition, it's more of a social pressure thing.) Yeah, my society is messed up, they threw away a lot of good traditions and twisted them into weird (in a bad way) stuff.

Nope not at all xD I'm Indian. We got some of the 'interesting' traditions things going for us all well. It can be a pain in the butt to be honest! Especially the marriage thing. I got married young myself, but definitely not forced, though I know that sort of thing still happens. Brr.

I sometimes get words from my mom as well about clothes but Hey, what's comfy is comfy X3 As long as you're happy with yourself and you're not doing harm to anyone else, I feel people should let others be.

Ohh India, another heavily population country :P. I'm Chinese, and I stayed in China for a few years. Words cannot explain how screwed up and complicated some things are back there. Examples of famous events in China: some dude got sued by an old lady who he helped up when she fell, and some other dude was charged 160000 for a piece of cake he bought. Honestly at least India still has its culture, Chinese culture can't really be seen anymore in any of the bigger cities.

Yeppers! Been there twice, freakishly hot and lots of flies. It's really fun though once you get used to it.

Dang, that does sound a little over the top. That's true, although sometimes I wish they'd lose some of the culture. Some things are pretty obsolete now o.o

Well,China is communist. So we have all the corruption :P, apparently 41% of money in Chine is on 1% of the people.

Man :( It's so sad to hear about countries that could be so great yet their biggest problem is corruption and money laundering etc.

Corruption is the first big problem with communism.

Communism: An (Not very accurate or educational) Emoji Story (Made by a 14 year old who knows nothing about politics)

Old government is bad. People are not happy.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

(;′⌒`)(;′⌒`)(;′⌒`)(;′⌒`)(;′⌒`)(;′⌒`)(;′⌒`)(;′⌒`)(;′⌒`)

People work together to over throw government.
(;´༎ຶД༎ຶ`)

┗|`O′|┛┗|`O′|┛┗|`O′|┛┗|`O′|┛┗|`O′|┛┗|`O′|┛┗|`O′|┛

They succeeded.

(o゜▽゜)o☆[BINGO!]φ(゜▽゜*)♪ (* ̄▽)u┌┐ d(▽ ̄*) ||Φ|(|T|Д|T|)|Φ||

The people make a new government. At first everyone is happy

|(•_•) |•_•) |_•) |•) | )
(o゚v゚)ノ(o゚v゚)ノ(o゚v゚)ノ(o゚v゚)ノ(o゚v゚)ノ(o゚v゚)ノ(o゚v゚)ノ(o゚v゚)ノ

Then someone started the corruption.

|(•_•) |•_•) |_•) |•) | ) ✧(≖ ◡ ≖✿)
(o゚v゚)ノ(o゚v゚)ノ(o゚v゚)ノ(o゚v゚)ノ(o゚v゚)ノ(o゚v゚)ノ(o゚v゚)ノ(o゚v゚)ノ

Then everyone else does it. The people are once again in bad condition.

✧(≖ ◡ ≖✿)✧(≖ ◡ ≖✿)✧(≖ ◡ ≖✿)✧(≖ ◡ ≖✿)

( ´・・)ノ(._.`) ( ´・・)ノ(._.`) ( ´・・)ノ(._.`) ( ´・・)ノ(._.`) ( ´・・)ノ(._.`) ( ´・・)ノ(._.`)

One person eventually gets everything, it starts over again.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

(;′⌒`)(;′⌒`)(;′⌒`)(;′⌒`)(;′⌒`)(;′⌒`)(;′⌒`)(;′⌒`)(;′⌒)

That's sort of how I see it, it seems sort of relevant to the RP with the revolution and all.

Love the emoji tale :D

I used to love politics once upon a time, but then stuff would make me so overly emotional that it's actually affect my health o.o My mom kind of banned my from reading more into it ^_^'

I have this document loaded with Emojis I gathered from everywhere :P

Reactions: Greenie
I'm tempted to save them now xD

Status
Not open for further replies.