Status
Not open for further replies.
I can just see Heverkiir as Hoenheim right now for some reason...

Well, this is your RP bro, so I think you get the last word on what you want and don't want in this little universe here.
This is true but I hate being the guy that stunts creative freedom. Granted I do have some absolute NO's but I'm more than willing to put my foot down. It is just kinda getting to me that we're getting this many changes and we're only on page two of chapter one, the chapter meant to do nothing more than bring the people together, establish a goal, and start future conflicts (Why Lonn was found spying).
Is it just me or did the complexity of the whole RP just sky rocketed.
Hopefully things settle soon xD

I don't know, I feel like complexity makes it more fun? Instead of just "a bunch of ordinary-ish beings band together with their magic gems and think up a good plan and then slay the tyrant king with a few bumps in the road." Adding moral dilemmas, setbacks, misinformation, and other problems just makes it more realistic, in my opinion.

Alright then. I'll start working on my important NPC, Mr. Insane Subplot Guy

I don't know, I feel like complexity makes it more fun? Instead of just "a bunch of ordinary-ish beings band together with their magic gems and think up a good plan and then slay the tyrant king with a few bumps in the road." Adding moral dilemmas, setbacks, misinformation, and other problems just makes it more realistic, in my opinion.
Well, I had and have a lot of plans to make things interesting. I did have my own original plan for the diamonds, the story was to follow specific themes such as the one I mentioned before about the most important thing being ordinary people. I know better than to say "Here's a bad guy, here's a speed bump. Gogo gadget plot."

Although I am going to put my foot down here. Chapter 1 is titled "The Call" for a reason. It will end when we have a goal, whatever obstacles we may have will come in later chapters. Our goal for this chapter is to somehow band our characters together, Belyavor will be easy, if you get Var on board then Belyavor will follow his tutor. Before we go changing any more about the direction of the RP, let's first get a general heading for where exactly that direction is facing. There's 2 basic plots we could follow. Overthrow Roth and free the people, or take the people of Rothendust outside and start a new society with blackjack and hookers free of the tyranny of bad men, though everyone seems to agree overthrowing is the route we will take, so we can ignore door number 2.

I actually like the idea of a bunch of ordinary folk banding together :3 Although I doubt Squee's plans had been to make it that simple a plot. Nevertheless, too many plot twists can end up becoming like a soap opera XD

edit: whoops er what he said. o.o

• Thank You
Reactions: Squee
I also really am hell bent on there being core souls for the diamonds regardless of what they are because there were some other plot points that revolved around that xD

Plots with this many people would be anything but simple.
Why do I have a vague feeling that the color has something to do with the soul in the diamond? Probably just me though.

That's more or less what I had in mind regarding the ability the Diamond bestowed upon its bearer.

Why do I have a vague feeling that the color has something to do with the soul in the diamond? Probably just me though.
The colors were never meant to have any real significance other than something to think about. Colors say a lot in my opinion.

Although if we do give the colors importance, no diamond should be more important than another. I will NOT allow players to make others play side-character/sidekick/left behind. If a player chooses to do this then that's fine, that is their choice, but if I see anyone make that choice for them I'm coming after you!

I was honestly lame about this ;p I chose amber for Ash because her eyes are somewhat that colour. Leaf green for Kela because of the same reason.

I was honestly lame about this ;p I chose amber for Ash because her eyes are somewhat that colour. Leaf green for Kela because of the same reason.
And Var is orange because he glows orange xD

I didn't mean to say that Squee was a poor GM or anything. Apologies if it came out that way. :c

In regards to the color thing, Fen's is light purple because most photos of lightning (depending on filters and camera and blah blah blah) are light purple/blue. That's it.

I didn't mean to say that Squee was a poor GM or anything. Apologies if it came out that way. :c
Oh, I didn't take any offense. No worries. I'm a jackass so if I did it would be abundantly clear xD

Heverkiir's is black because of the idea to bring them all together, as well as the fact he grew up in and loves the night

Speaking of, that did kind of break the narrators connection to the diamonds, so to preserve that key plot point I'm going to make it so the narrator acts as the medium for that so he can stay connected in the way he originally was. If that connection breaks then so do 50% of my plans.

I'm also heading to sleep soon so if anyone has anything they want me to answer tonight, now is the time to ask

Hm.... I'll probably have questions tomorrow morning ^_^'

Did we decide on 50ish souls with one core soul for the diamonds? I'm still not sure how I feel about their strength degrading, but if everyone else agrees then I'll be ok with it. The problem I have with their power degrading is it would logically imply the core soul would weaken with time meaning the soul would need to be replaced, but that would cause a lot of problems. I know I'm being a bit stubborn with the idea of a core soul but I had some really fun parts planned around this.

Did we decide on 50ish souls with one core soul for the diamonds? I'm still not sure how I feel about their strength degrading, but if everyone else agrees then I'll be ok with it. The problem I have with their power degrading is it would logically imply the core soul would weaken with time meaning the soul would need to be replaced, but that would cause a lot of problems. I know I'm being a bit stubborn with the idea of a core soul but I had some really fun parts planned around this.
Well, let's hold on a sec there. What if the core soul did wear out? Let's say it would take a lifetime or so of use for the core soul to grow weary, just for plotty reasons. Since we're thinking about having a sort of "Diamond Council" (I forget what we've been calling it) and they're going to hand their diamonds down to the person to take their place on the council, right? So, what if the core soul did need replacing? What if part of handing down the diamond was the characters sacrificing themselves to maintain its power? Just an idea that popped into my brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.