SAINT CITY SAVIORS ★ DC Universe RP ★ OOC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm almost done with reviews. Seriously guys. Slow down, I'm one human and I'm being very thorough.
That's a lie, I'm super-intelligent cat, but these little kitten mittens can only go so fast.

ANYWAY. IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: DISREGARD IF YOUR PROFILE IS FINISHED OR YOU HAVE A WIP WITH ACTUAL INFORMATION IN IT.

NO MORE:
- Anti-Heroes
- Tech Heroes
- Science Heroes
- Heroes that are Lethal
- Gun Heroes (why so many guns, guys? Seriously.)
- Punching Heroes (two is good)
- Heroes who don't have Costumes (You guys must have put the leather jacket/sunglasses store out of business)

I think that's it...

Things I would like to see:
- People with actual powers.
- Aliens?
- Magic?
- Maybe some characters that have callbacks to the DC Universe. Like, whoah, I never expected for there to be NO Green Lantern.

I'm probably not going to accept many more after this. I like to pad the RP to ward against potential droppers, but even I have limits. ^_^

I did think of bringing up a Blue Lantern... lol

Anyways, can I have my character have a highly advanced future A.I.? Like, the A.I. doesn't do much other than analyzing data and keeping her from being assaulted by certain cyber introuders, >.>(i'm looking at ya, apocalypse...)

I'm almost done with reviews. Seriously guys. Slow down, I'm one human and I'm being very thorough.
That's a lie, I'm super-intelligent cat, but these little kitten mittens can only go so fast.

ANYWAY. IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: DISREGARD IF YOUR PROFILE IS FINISHED OR YOU HAVE A WIP WITH ACTUAL INFORMATION IN IT.

NO MORE:
- Anti-Heroes
- Tech Heroes
- Science Heroes
- Heroes that are Lethal
- Heroes who don't have Costumes (You guys must have put the leather jacket/sunglasses store out of business)

I think that's it...

- Aliens?
- Magic?
- Maybe some characters that have callbacks to the DC Universe. Like, whoah, I never expected for there to be NO Green Lantern.

I'm probably not going to accept many more after this. I like to pad the RP to ward against potential droppers, but even I have limits. ^_^
*Raises hand* can I change my punchy hero's power to something else?

I was hoping to have my character develop icy powers over the course of the Roleplay if that makes you feel better, Rekt c: But now that you mentioned it, I actually have a Batman OOC I could have used for this Dx A dorky mechanic at that. But he was the Batman of the DC universe me and a friend created together so not sure how he would fit in this universe where one already exists o.o And I totally forgot aliens were a thing! How is beyond me consider how much I like Jon x.x

Because I thought a freeze ray would be cool ;~; Also, Deadpool. You can never have too many gunslinging, sword welding mercenaries 8D

Last edited:
And technically Rey a.k.a Dr. Apocalypse has powers and he's kind of human. But he's Human Part Computer Virus. So his DNA makeup actually registers as an IP address. Go figure that one out. lol

NO MORE:
- Anti-Heroes
- Tech Heroes
- Science Heroes
- Heroes that are Lethal

I think that's it...

- Aliens?
- Magic?

I already had this kind of character planned out for a while now due to inspiration of listening to synthwave. I also thought that my character would be the only normal one here lel.

PS
Last Update (I swear)
Added a daytime vehicle for not hero uses and a normal job.

NO MORE:
- Anti-Heroes
- Tech Heroes
- Science Heroes
- Heroes that are Lethal

I think that's it...

- Aliens?
- Magic?

Is feline mimicry okay?

PLEASE NOTE: IF I HAVE ASKED YOUR CHARACTER'S POWERS TO BE LIMITED IN AN WAY, DO NOT ASSUME THIS IS HOW POWERFUL YOUR CHARACTER WILL BE THROUGHOUT THE RP. WITH EACH MISSION FINISHED, YOU'LL GET THE CHANCE TO UPGRADE YOUR CS. SO, IF I JANK A POWER FROM YOU NOW, YOU CAN ADD IT ON LATER... FOR THE MOST PART... GIVEN THE THINGS I HAVE BARRED ENTIRELY. SO, DON'T THINK YOUR CHARACTER WENT FROM AWESOMESAUCE TO NORMSAUCE. THE BADGUYS YOU WILL FIGHT AT THE BEGINNING OF THIS RP ARE LOW TIERED, BUT YOU'LL GET TO THE HIGH TIERED ONE AND EVERYONE WILL NEED THEIR A-GAME. THANK YOU. PLEASE ASK ME ANY QUESTIONS YOU WANT, BUT BE NICE. ^_^

@Clyde
Your Acceptance is Tentative. I have a few things that I want to bring to attention.
> The name "Dr. Apocalypse" and the Nazi Information Officer Outfit are very offputting to your character being a hero.
> I do not mind the cyber powers, but I find a few things a bit meta-y: always being in control of whatever you've hacked (you need to give his a finite timeline), infecting other cyberspace entities (I am assuming these are people, and that falls under my "no controlling people" bit), and remove Cyberspace Lordship (that is super meta-gamey and you can just say he has a following, not that he controls people to follow him.)
> Metahumans do not have or need a species description underneath them. Please find a way to make that into a finite power. It gives your character extra abilities.
> Remove the time-traveler. Sorry, but your character has A LOT going for them, and the time traveling bit makes no sense. It also makes your character seem like a super genius. All time travel in the DC universe was made in the future or by speedsters (boo speedsters). There are characters that are immortal and seem to travel through time. But people who have the ABILITY are from the future. There are ways to make your character seem isolated without breaking the time traveling rules. One could be that they got stuck in a computer when computers were first invented. Lends to your character's power and gives them isolation.

@Noctis the Devious
> Your character is tentatively accepted, given that you give me background on the cold gun.
> Why hello gender-ambiguous Captain Cold
> The lack of gender pronouns is fine. Just understand that NPCs and other PCs are going to not follow by this rule because they are rude jerkbags. I know that you probably know this. I just wanted to say it because I have a few rude jerkbags at my disposal.
> Please give me some idea as to how the cold gun works. Can it freeze people TO DEATH or is it a thing that they can overcome? How hard can it freeze? Can the targets be defrosted? Just things like this. I'm sure you mean it in a more playful "freeze ray" kind of way, but I am just making sure.
> Is their mentor Captain Cold? I actually haven't read the NPC profiles. That is another post. XD

@Niiwa
> Your character is accepted. Of course, it helps that we discussed them in OOC prior to this.
> Also, Janet's superhero moniker is "Janet." LOL.

@NobleDeC00l
> Your character is accepted, but there are a few provisions.
> As badass as your character's car is, no one is allowed to bring motor vehicles into Saint City. There is a brief blurb about that in the "Setting" post.
> Much badass. Much machismo. This is not a negative thing. Just commenting.

@Mundane Monster
> Your character is accepted if you fix the one thing I mention below.
> Your character seems to be more a Mutate than "Acquired Skills." I only allow people to have one of these, so pare yours down. That being said, being a Mutate who has severe hand-to-hand combat is fine. I'm just trying to keep it it fair for people who are ONLY Acquired Skills.
> Thank you for having a hero costume that is a costume. <3
> Awesome background.

@Yzmael
> I'm going to break this down. I honestly have been on a loopy sleep pattern recently, and I don't really remember what was discussed. I could read back, but my computer is moving the speed of molasses. So Here's the thing.
> I'm allowing your character to retain the "battery" part of their power, if only to charge their armor. The rest of the abilities "strength, speed, healing, etc" need to be removed. UNLESS you want to reduce the armor to a cosmetic thing only, then you can keep these abilities, but on a lower tier since there are so many.
> As I said with Clyde's, metahumans don't get a descriptor as it gives them extra abilities. You can run with my suggestion above or find a way to pare the down while making the armor cosmetic. Either or.
> As I said with Mundane, your character can only have ONE power-set. I would recommend going with Metahuman since that is the one that allows for your power. Yes. That means trimming down the Ability Skills. But this is, once again, B and C tier characters. If they're powerful they can't also be overly skilled. That means the removal of your martial arts mastery (maybe just a basic skill) and gun and gadget creation (as that is some people's sole skill.) Keep these powers suit or power oriented. Meaning, warp pad, shield, grappling hook, sword usage, gun usage, concussive shield... you should decide which of these you want the must and make them into skills.
> The sword and the gun need to be tone down. The villains you will be fighting, at least in the beginning, will not have means to protect against this. And like I said, I want this to be a group effort. Having a character that can easily cut/blast through metal... all metal... gives a very large advantage.
> Warp fields, given it is based your character's sight is fine. Just give it a recharge time.
> The concussive shield should be only concussive to lower tier characters. The bosses will shrug this off.
> I know this seems like I'm murdering your character's powers, but a lot of characters have a lot less going for them. I want things to remain diverse. Also, as I mentioned before, there will be chances for characters to gain upgrades and levels. Consider this starting out as level 0. Yes. I know your character has past experience, and most characters here do. I'm sure you can find a feasible reason for her tech to be reduced. Hopping across dimensions is hard.
>
Finally, but least importantly, it also possesses the time warping field, that is currently rendered unusable. When active, the user can transport themselves across time and also manipulate time to some extent. Due to it's catastrophic incident, Nova accidentally destroyed the device, rendering it useless for now. Fixing it would require materials she does not possess at the moment as well, further increasing the unlikeliness of it being used any time soon.
This. This will not be fixed except in a maybe last-ditch-move-endgame. Tampering with time is one of the things I'm REALLY cautious against as I've seen it blow up in some many faces.
> Your history isn't bullet pointed. Though its' still brief enough to be fine. I do enjoy the alternate history you've presented to me and discussed in PMs. And I know we said she won't be using that amount of power again, and that its check and balance is her suit or meta powers.
> Sorry if that all seems a bit much, I just fear that was too much going here to give other characters a chance.

@Applo
> "All hail the glow cloud." Sorry. Bad, dumb, joke. Your character is accepted.
> An FYI, I don't have permission to enter the album with your picture and so I can't see it. I'm assuming she's awesome. But you might want to fix that up. ^_^
> Why the name Rapture? I mean, I'm just curious. XD
> I actually recommend giving her something a little extra weapon wise. Or, you can just hold off, and one of the NPCs can give her/make her something.

@RedArmyShogun
> Your character is accepted given one small caveat.
> I know we discussed this before, but I really like the physical makeup of this character.
> Okay, here is where I am conflicted. I'm only allowing one power utility per person. That being said, your character's mutation is literally just making extra arms. That, in itself, is not as helpful as super strength or super energy. So. I'm going to let you have dual powers go, because your character gains almost nothing from the extra arms other than holding more guns. And what's the point there if you can't shoot them?
>
its theorized water breathing, rejuvenation, or chameleon like cloaking and enhanced strength to be possible. (will likely not have ALL of that when time goes on, unless GM law says to do it)
As the RP moves forward, your character may gain this abilities, or a tleast a couple. For now let's just stick with multiple arms.
> Only thing is that she has night vision and enhanced speed. The night vision I'm fine with, because honestly that is a fun skill and one that won't make you leagues ahead of everyone. Enhanced speed I'll need a bit of a limit on. I'm sure it's not a lot given that you made the character's constitution is bunk. But humor me because I'm doing this with everyone.
After making good on her plea deal, and verbal support from an unknown official, Rei would be hired as a private contractor for Saint City on behalf of Interpol. Primarily assisting with law enforcement or investigative tasks, the still recovering assassin now uses her powers for the greater good, a task she's carried out till this day. Well provided she can work up the nerve to explore what all was done to her and make use of that power.
Let's work out who your character knows in law enforcement. Probably not Captain Gravestone, as he'll be newly appointed AS SOON as the RP starts, but pretty much anyone else. Hell, she can even know previous Captain Merriland. Whatever you feel comfortable with. ^_^

Character NPCs are next. Just getting this out here now.

• Love
Reactions: Niiwa
PLEASE NOTE: IF I HAVE ASKED YOUR CHARACTER'S POWERS TO BE LIMITED IN AN WAY, DO NOT ASSUME THIS IS HOW POWERFUL YOUR CHARACTER WILL BE THROUGHOUT THE RP. WITH EACH MISSION FINISHED, YOU'LL GET THE CHANCE TO UPGRADE YOUR CS. SO, IF I JANK A POWER FROM YOU NOW, YOU CAN ADD IT ON LATER... FOR THE MOST PART... GIVEN THE THINGS I HAVE BARRED ENTIRELY. SO, DON'T THINK YOUR CHARACTER WENT FROM AWESOMESAUCE TO NORMSAUCE. THE BADGUYS YOU WILL FIGHT AT THE BEGINNING OF THIS RP ARE LOW TIERED, BUT YOU'LL GET TO THE HIGH TIERED ONE AND EVERYONE WILL NEED THEIR A-GAME. THANK YOU. PLEASE ASK ME ANY QUESTIONS YOU WANT, BUT BE NICE. ^_^

@Clyde
Your Acceptance is Tentative. I have a few things that I want to bring to attention.
> The name "Dr. Apocalypse" and the Nazi Information Officer Outfit are very offputting to your character being a hero.
> I do not mind the cyber powers, but I find a few things a bit meta-y: always being in control of whatever you've hacked (you need to give his a finite timeline), infecting other cyberspace entities (I am assuming these are people, and that falls under my "no controlling people" bit), and remove Cyberspace Lordship (that is super meta-gamey and you can just say he has a following, not that he controls people to follow him.)
> Metahumans do not have or need a species description underneath them. Please find a way to make that into a finite power. It gives your character extra abilities.
> Remove the time-traveler. Sorry, but your character has A LOT going for them, and the time traveling bit makes no sense. It also makes your character seem like a super genius. All time travel in the DC universe was made in the future or by speedsters (boo speedsters). There are characters that are immortal and seem to travel through time. But people who have the ABILITY are from the future. There are ways to make your character seem isolated without breaking the time traveling rules. One could be that they got stuck in a computer when computers were first invented. Lends to your character's power and gives them isolation.

The Nazi thing was a joke, because I knew how it looked. But the appearances reminds me of Hollow Man or the League of Extraordinary Men. I know Hollow Man is from Marvel, point was that took my inspiration.

If you read the history, the time thing was an accident. Not his intent. And he never actually did complete it. He still doesn't know anything about time travel.

Again I didn't know what you wanted me to put under the Species list. Because he's technically a Computer Virus. And Racial Abilities should be taken into an account with regular abilities. I will cut one of his abilities to keep his racial abilities, just to balance him out.

Cyberlordship is not OP, because it only occurs outside of reality. Remember how I PM'd you about doing the bullet test to see if a character can be killed;

-He can be shot in real world in the head and die
-He can be killed in cyber space as well
-He is still affected by all of his wounds from the real world in cyber space. Say he's bleeding out in the real world, and he crawls into a computer with his enemy, he's still wounded, but doesn't appear wounded. He is still affected by blood loss and there is a possibility he could go unconscious from the lack of blood

I am doing Cyberlordship because he doesn't do combat in the real world, if you hadn't noticed. And I wrote down a handy amount of notes. He has lordship because he is a computer virus.

And he's still very limited;

-If there's no computers around he's shit out of luck and can get the shit beat out of him
-He can die, by a gun shot
-He can bleed out
-None of his wounds regenerate
-He doesn't have super strength
-He doesn't have a power in the real world
-His power doesn't affect the real world
-And he's meant as a supportive hero in the first place

@NobleDeC00l
> Your character is accepted, but there are a few provisions.
> As badass as your character's car is, no one is allowed to bring motor vehicles into Saint City. There is a brief blurb about that in the "Setting" post.
> Much badass. Much machismo. This is not a negative thing. Just commenting.
Thanks for the comment and no wheels, ok then. Probably will have to change my other job too. *sniff*
vjxktHF.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Yzmael
  • HERO MONIKER: The Gun Slinger
    ★ NAME: Tyrone McCalister
    ★ AGE: 24
    ★ GENDER: Male
    ★ SPECIES: Human
  • ★ ETHNICITY: Caucasian
    ★ HOMEWN: Bludhaven​
  • ★ OCCUPATION: Bounty hunter when not fighting crime​
Appearance
bcd787c2a34c2994d3afc9b4bc0e4052.jpg
★ CLOTHING:
- Daily: Wears a European-American leather jacket with some regular jeans and brown boots.
- Costume: Black leather jacket with a attached, black mask that covers everything except eyes, sunglasses over eyes, ripped slim fit jeans, and black sneakers.
★ HERO SYMBOL:
sword_game_icon_by_inkedicon-d5bpr6l.png

★ PERSONALITY: Tyrone is a man who puts his goals before others. While he will do what is right for the greater good, he definitely will stick to his own motives and will put himself before others, aside from those who are close to him. Once Tyrone has formed an opinion about you or a subject, it's nearly impossible to get him to change said thoughts. He can often be rude towards others, especially those he doesn't like, but once you get to know him you soon learn that he's not that bad of a guy. He's not afraid to kill, either. He flat out shoots most of the thugs he fights and has almost no moral code whatsoever.

- Psychological Profile: LOGISTICIAN - Introverted, Observant, Thinking, Judging, Assertive

- Tabloid: Ruthless vigilante with no regard for other people's safety or life. He may take down criminals, but he does it in a way that operated completely outside of the law.

- Personal: Rude to most people unless he knows them and has no regard for other people's lives, especially criminals. Prefers to be left alone and do things his own way, though can work with someone or even on a team if persuaded.

★ LIST THESE SIX STATS FROM BEST TO WORST:
Perception
Constitution
Power
Strength
Agility
Intelligence

★ POWER UTILITY: Acquired Skills
★ POWER: Expert marksman/fighter
- Marksmanship: Can handle nearly any gun with ease, though ones such as a minigun or an RPG are still a challenge for him to handle.
- Expert Martial Artist: Has mastered several forms of martial arts. While he hasn't mastered nearly as many as say, Batman, he's still mastered: Karate, Aikido, Taekwondo, and Krav Maga
- Stealth: Able to stay hidden and remain unnoticed in pretty much any situation that requires it.
★ WEAPONS/GADGETS:
Zip-Kick: Similar to a grapnel gun except it attaches to most objects and people, propelling the person who wields it towards whoever or whatever it was fired at.
Dual Handguns: Just two pistols held in each hand that can both fire an array of bullets at once.
Flashbang Grenades: Used to temporally blind enemies to either stun for an attack or help with a quick escape.

★ BIOGRAPHY
- Tabloid: Not much is known about the mysterious "Gun Slinger." The vigilante appeared in Bludhaven just under six months ago. All that is known about him so far is that unlike well known heroes such as Batman or Superman, this vigilante has taken a note from the infamous "Red Hood", ruthlessly killing his enemies or beating them within in inch of their life.

- Personal:
  • Born in Bludhaven in 1991.
  • Saved by Nightwing from a few thugs in an allyway at age 11.
  • Mom killed by mob at 13.
  • Begins to learn how to handle various weapons along with training in various at age 14.
  • Finally graduates high school at age 18.
  • Becomes the vigilante known as "The Gun Slinger" at age 23, ruthlessly murdering any thug or criminal that gets in his way, especially in the way of his own goals.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comment and no wheels, ok then. Probably will have to change my other job too. *sniff*
Oh dear God, that .gif. Maybe you can give your character a track car. Oh. A jetpack. Those are... slightly illegal... but a thing. I approve jetpacks. Maybe a hoverbike. Also illegal, but your character strikes me as a man against the rules. And also, they're capable of being ran without being caught unlike a track car. Also the technology for them can be hidden in moving supplies. Yeah. I should have given some options. That is a my bad.

If you read the history, the time thing was an accident. Not his intent. And he never actually did complete it. He still doesn't know anything about time travel.
I did read the history. I meticulously combed through them. I only mentioned this because this is the DC world and time travel characters are few and far between. And the only one I OK'd previously spoke to me about it (though, there are things that need to be worked on there.) My only concern with this weird aspect is that it would give your character a massive disadvantage being a technopath suddenly in the time of technology. It just seems random and didn't make sense with the world. While this isn't a point that I would outright deny a character on, there seems to be a lot going on here, and I wanted things to be concise and to the point with the characters. Also, it means that your character out-thought modern day characters and into future-characters. Sure, an accident, but man that is an accident now that doesn't happen for a few hundred years.

Again I didn't know what you wanted me to put under the Species list. Because he's technically a Computer Virus. And Racial Abilities should be taken into an account with regular abilities. I will cut one of his abilities to keep his racial abilities, just to balance him out.
In this RP, and sorry if I didn't make it obvious, but racial abilities ARE core abilities. This is not DnD. I did this solely because people can stack a lot of abilities into racial and then add more core abilities. THis is was my way of paring down people to their most core of abilities. Characters should be pretty unified in one ability set IN THE BEGINNING. I will allow for expansion and growth. If this is a Species related ability, it can go in the three main abilities, or if it is meta human, three main abilities. Other metahumans have given their character's abilities to the three main abilities. Just keeping things uniform.

Cyberlordship is not OP, because it only occurs outside of reality. Remember how I PM'd you about doing the bullet test to see if a character can be killed;
Yes. Every character in this RP should be able to be killed by a bullet to the face. Some characters are a bit more resilient than others, but they lack utility abilities like your character has. They are not helpful outside of combat, where your character is king. But the thing is, bullet murder or not... I don't want characters to have power over other characters--NPCs or not. Also, a lot of my NPCs and plot points DO revolve around keeping an independent cyberspace identity. And to be fair, as a GM I should learn to overcome obstacles given by the PCs. that being said, I want a few things to remain in the shadows until later into the RP. And like I said in the header, I'm willing to give characters abilities as the RP goes on. This is just a base power setting.

I am doing Cyberlordship because he doesn't do combat in the real world, if you hadn't noticed. And I wrote down a handy amount of notes. He has lordship because he is a computer virus.
Yes. I did notice. Thanks for checking on whether or not I caught that. That's why I encourage you to give your character an outside power. Maybe they have disposable turrets, or something. My biggest issue is your character being capable of routing far further and more intensive than any character in the DC world in regard to technology. I still have a bit of a hand of cards to keep. I would like to keep them.

> Your character is tentatively accepted, given that you give me background on the cold gun.
> Why hello gender-ambiguous Captain Cold
> The lack of gender pronouns is fine. Just understand that NPCs and other PCs are going to not follow by this rule because they are rude jerkbags. I know that you probably know this. I just wanted to say it because I have a few rude jerkbags at my disposal.
> Please give me some idea as to how the cold gun works. Can it freeze people TO DEATH or is it a thing that they can overcome? How hard can it freeze? Can the targets be defrosted? Just things like this. I'm sure you mean it in a more playful "freeze ray" kind of way, but I am just making sure.
> Is their mentor Captain Cold? I actually haven't read the NPC profiles. That is another post. XD

> Yeah, should probably find a place for that somewhere cause I totally forgot to do that x.x
> Yep, know this ^.^ I didn't use them in the little tabloid things so people wouldn't feel pressured into using them :3 There really just there for reference so people know what I'm talking about when I use them.
> Eek, yeah, I kept imagining Despicable Me actually ^.^; If you don't mind scientific inaccuracy I would prefer if the freeze ray was somehow non lethal x.x So yes, it would be something enemies can over come and actually, would probably be used to impede movement than anything. Perhaps the ice melted after a short amount of time? Like say ten seconds? But if you're worried about the science behind it and the technicalities of human vs ice then I can scrap the idea ^.^;
> Nope o.o He just inspired the idea. More specifically, I was watching an episode of Legends of Tomorrow and he was freezing to death. His name is Captain Cold and he was freezing to death D: But I would like to point out Captain Cold isn't the only character in the DC universe that uses freeze rays :3 Mr. Freeze uses one that I believe is powered by a crystal. I can actually look into this and see if I can't use this to further flesh out my ice ray design :3

Last edited:
Oh dear God, that .gif. Maybe you can give your character a track car. Oh. A jetpack. Those are... slightly illegal... but a thing. I approve jetpacks. Maybe a hoverbike. Also illegal, but your character strikes me as a man against the rules. And also, they're capable of being ran without being caught unlike a track car. Also the technology for them can be hidden in moving supplies. Yeah. I should have given some options. That is a my bad.

I did read the history. I meticulously combed through them. I only mentioned this because this is the DC world and time travel characters are few and far between. And the only one I OK'd previously spoke to me about it (though, there are things that need to be worked on there.) My only concern with this weird aspect is that it would give your character a massive disadvantage being a technopath suddenly in the time of technology. It just seems random and didn't make sense with the world. While this isn't a point that I would outright deny a character on, there seems to be a lot going on here, and I wanted things to be concise and to the point with the characters. Also, it means that your character out-thought modern day characters and into future-characters. Sure, an accident, but man that is an accident now that doesn't happen for a few hundred years.

In this RP, and sorry if I didn't make it obvious, but racial abilities ARE core abilities. This is not DnD. I did this solely because people can stack a lot of abilities into racial and then add more core abilities. THis is was my way of paring down people to their most core of abilities. Characters should be pretty unified in one ability set IN THE BEGINNING. I will allow for expansion and growth. If this is a Species related ability, it can go in the three main abilities, or if it is meta human, three main abilities. Other metahumans have given their character's abilities to the three main abilities. Just keeping things uniform.

Yes. Every character in this RP should be able to be killed by a bullet to the face. Some characters are a bit more resilient than others, but they lack utility abilities like your character has. They are not helpful outside of combat, where your character is king. But the thing is, bullet murder or not... I don't want characters to have power over other characters--NPCs or not. Also, a lot of my NPCs and plot points DO revolve around keeping an independent cyberspace identity. And to be fair, as a GM I should learn to overcome obstacles given by the PCs. that being said, I want a few things to remain in the shadows until later into the RP. And like I said in the header, I'm willing to give characters abilities as the RP goes on. This is just a base power setting.

Yes. I did notice. Thanks for checking on whether or not I caught that. That's why I encourage you to give your character an outside power. Maybe they have disposable turrets, or something. My biggest issue is your character being capable of routing far further and more intensive than any character in the DC world in regard to technology. I still have a bit of a hand of cards to keep. I would like to keep them.

Then I rather make an entirely different character

★ HERO MONIKER: Ragnell
★ NAME: Arryn Vincis
★ AGE: 19
★ GENDER: Male
★ SPECIES: Alien
[spoili]Inhabitants of Tirith differ from those on Earth only in that both species chose separate roads for which to evolve down. Unlike on Earth, where humanity evolved technologically and sought the power of firearms, electricity and energy, the ones from Arryn's world evolved spiritually and to better harness the arts of magic. So where on Earth it's common for people to practice shooting with guns, it's typical of people from Tirith to have some kind of affinity to the magical arts. Various other humanoid, and some non-humanoid races inhabit Tirith, however the "human" empire, known as Kyrell, seems to hold superiority over them. Racism and prejudice towards non-Kyrellian races is a modern issue, despite said minorities' assistance in various ways throughout the centuries.[/spoili]
★ ETHNICITY: Kyrellian
★ HOMETOWN: Saint City
★ OCCUPATION: Full-time hero
★ APPEARANCE:
[spoili]
WFWa5.png
[/spoili]

★ CLOTHING:
iipsrv.fcgi
11677059_7966363_480.jpg
ef7c180b-f1af-8e3d-8c88-1db305b18722.jpg
003_d4e66b5c-a788-485b-b58a-866abf519dfa.JPG
sword-and-wing-necklace.jpg

Costume: Arryn's "costume" is his choice of clothing from his home. A slim-fitting, long-sleeved, cuffed tunic covered by a leather overpiece with pauldrons protecting his shoulders. He wears normal cloth leggings, protected by leather greaves that reach up to his knees, covering them with a protective leather plate over them. On his feet, he wears boots, steel-toed for some minor protection. Around his waist is a strap that keeps hold of his pouch, holding what little valuables he carries with him. His entire attire is black, excluding a purple color on his pouch and the red exhibited by the cloak on his back. The necklace he wears is gone, having served its purpose as the dormant form of Ragnell, replaced instead by the full-length blade and combat attire of Arryn.
[spoili]
CtBOAULUEAAG6Am.jpg:small
[/spoili]
★ HERO SYMBOL:
[spoili]
bd5acf7b1ddda26966b6defaa2b8f137.jpg
[/spoili]

★ PERSONALITY:
- Psychological Profile:
[spoili]
2016_11_15.png
[/spoili]
- Tabloid: "I'm at the scene of a local restaurant where a hostage situation has just been resolved, courtesy of what victims of the imprisonment describe as a
knight. When a group of robbers who had just earlier failed to rob a bank crashed their car, they sought hostages and bargaining chips by taking over the nearest building to their crash site. Fortunately, this… swordsman as victims describe him, dealt with the perpetrators swiftly and shockingly without a scratch on the side of the victims nor the criminals themselves. Hostages claim that he struck them all with the blade he carried, yet none have any physical injuries. Police report that this wandering swordsman, according to some minor previous investigations, goes by the name Ragnell and authorities advise against confronting him. Thus far he has yet to hurt anyone but, then again, we have no proof he holds no ill intentions. And the fact that there seems to be no official records of him leads many to believe if he is one of those that smuggle themselves into this city secretly, for purposes, we do not know."
- Personal: Kind-hearted to a fault, Arryn acts through emotion rather than thought and will leap before looking despite the dangers to it. While meaning well, he is a bit naive, which leads to indecisiveness and confliction when dealing in morally gray areas.

★ LIST THESE SIX STATS FROM BEST TO WORST:
- Power
- Strength
- Agility
- Constitution
- Perception
- Intelligence
★ POWER UTILITY: Magical Item
★ POWER: Empowered Blade Ragnell
-
"The Will of the Wielder": The name basically means that the blade will reflect the user of its will. This means that should the user wish to incapacitate an enemy, the blade rather than scarring the body, will target the opponent's spirit, chopping away until they fall from fatigue, unable to continue. All the same, should the user wish death upon his enemy, the blade will respond, its energy and magic empowering itself all that it can so that it may cut what protection its target has.
-
"Exterminatus": The name covers the technique of channelling magical energy of the user into the blade, then expelling it in the form of a pristine white shockwave at the target, its shape, direction and powered determined by movement of the blade prior to expulsion. Swing horizontally, the shockwave will expel in a horizontal line, not as powerful, but reaching across an area, the same if vertically. Thrusting will minimize the area of effect, but increase power to the blast.
-
"Armor of the Light": A similar technique to Exterminatus, however rather than channelling the user's energy into the blade, he draws it from the blade, to which a white glow will encompass him, protecting him from a great brunt of damage that would otherwise cripple or end him. Requires he be stationary due to the focus and effort it requires to take energy from the weapon. Maintained for too long easily causes fatigue.
★ WEAPONS: Ragnell
[spoili]
3c1481e1a89a67d5775d17be03abc3cc.jpg
[/spoili]

★ BIOGRAPHY
- Tabloid: "So, reports of this knight keep coming in. And of course a pretty-boy with a sword carries a lot of conspiracies and speculation, especially in Saint City. Is he a time traveler? Is he from another universe? Is he some monk from a secret cult here to spread a Demon's heresy!? Probably not. Especially not that last one. It's pretty stupid… but, hey, I'm sure one of the big-time lunatics running around the world has that backstory. Anyway, what I've heard no one suggest, though, is that he's actually—wait for it… AN ALIEN! No! No! I know what you're thinking, but hear me out. Remember that report of space debris last month that crashed into that pawn shop on 5th? Yeah, investigations went down, and there was nothing there! Well, nothing except pawn shop ruins. And, after interviewing witnesses, a lot of them say that they saw some kind of a figure coming out of it. Could be nothing, but then again, there's no other leads. It's like he popped out of nowhere."

- Personal:
  • Alien originating from the planet of Tirith, a world similar to Earth, albeit the primitive species of Tirith went the route of spirit and magic rather than of technology and science, leading to diversity in race and common practice of magic.
  • Ragnell is an artifact dating from the founding of Kyrell, the empowered blade of the founding Emperor Okran. Using this blade, Okran would defeat the Khalill, a chaotic breed of daemon that would awaken every few centuries when the chaos lord, Rakael, would break his seal and attempt to conquer the world of Tirith.
  • Arryn was but a simple village boy, chosen by the blade Ragnell at the age of fifteen as the next slayer of the Chaos Lord Rakael, to which he would succeed, albeit not until the age of 19, and with a price.
  • At the age of 16, Arryn would begin to see how ugly the blight of Rakael is, coming upon a blighted village, buildings ruined and people slaughtered and strung up. Any lethargy or lack of motivation he possessed at first would be replaced with determination after this event.
  • From the ages of 16 to 18, Arryn would participate in a series of battles against Khalill forces, as well as assisting defense garrisons he came upon that were under attack. Using Ragnell to turn otherwise hopeless situations into fighting chances, he would instill hope in the morbid outlook of many across the land.
  • Towards the end of his 18th year of age, Arryn would learn of how far the forces of Khalill had pushed into Kyrellian land, the main contributors towards defense against Khalill hordes. With the capital of Kyrell under siege, the young knight mustered what forces he could and rushed against Rakael's main encampment in a near suicide mission, most his forces contributing to the warfront.
  • In Arryn's assault against Rakael's forces, most of his unit falls quickly, holding barely long enough for the boy to confront the Chaos Lord. While he fought his best, he eventually would be bested.
  • In the midst of Arryn's defeat, the Chaos Lord sought to siphon the magical energy of Ragnell and himself to strengthen his own power. With sudden idea and one last attempt to stop Rakael, Arryn expelled all energy that he could, hoping to "overload" Rakael, in a sense at the risk of his own life and Ragnell's existence.
  • Rakael was unable to contain the power of Ragnell, Arryn, and the energies of past wielders inside the blade. Arryn's plan succeeded, but when Rakael's body rejected the flow of magic and it expelled, clashing with his own, the reaction of created some form of warp gate, transporting him to a world unknown to him; Earth.
  • Arryn in his fatigue hardly managed to shield himself before contact with the earth was made, crashing into a small building like a meteor, then stumbling off during the commotion and collapsing in an alley. He would later, through misinterpretation, be "given" his clothing from some gangsters after failing to rob him.

Last edited:
> I'm going to break this down. I honestly have been on a loopy sleep pattern recently, and I don't really remember what was discussed. I could read back, but my computer is moving the speed of molasses. So Here's the thing.
> I'm allowing your character to retain the "battery" part of their power, if only to charge their armor. The rest of the abilities "strength, speed, healing, etc" need to be removed. UNLESS you want to reduce the armor to a cosmetic thing only, then you can keep these abilities, but on a lower tier since there are so many.
> As I said with Clyde's, metahumans don't get a descriptor as it gives them extra abilities. You can run with my suggestion above or find a way to pare the down while making the armor cosmetic. Either or.
> As I said with Mundane, your character can only have ONE power-set. I would recommend going with Metahuman since that is the one that allows for your power. Yes. That means trimming down the Ability Skills. But this is, once again, B and C tier characters. If they're powerful they can't also be overly skilled. That means the removal of your martial arts mastery (maybe just a basic skill) and gun and gadget creation (as that is some people's sole skill.) Keep these powers suit or power oriented. Meaning, warp pad, shield, grappling hook, sword usage, gun usage, concussive shield... you should decide which of these you want the must and make them into skills.
> The sword and the gun need to be tone down. The villains you will be fighting, at least in the beginning, will not have means to protect against this. And like I said, I want this to be a group effort. Having a character that can easily cut/blast through metal... all metal... gives a very large advantage.
> Warp fields, given it is based your character's sight is fine. Just give it a recharge time.
> The concussive shield should be only concussive to lower tier characters. The bosses will shrug this off.
> I know this seems like I'm murdering your character's powers, but a lot of characters have a lot less going for them. I want things to remain diverse. Also, as I mentioned before, there will be chances for characters to gain upgrades and levels. Consider this starting out as level 0. Yes. I know your character has past experience, and most characters here do. I'm sure you can find a feasible reason for her tech to be reduced. Hopping across dimensions is hard.
>
This. This will not be fixed except in a maybe last-ditch-move-endgame. Tampering with time is one of the things I'm REALLY cautious against as I've seen it blow up in some many faces.
> Your history isn't bullet pointed. Though its' still brief enough to be fine. I do enjoy the alternate history you've presented to me and discussed in PMs. And I know we said she won't be using that amount of power again, and that its check and balance is her suit or meta powers.
> Sorry if that all seems a bit much, I just fear that was too much going here to give other characters a chance.
Ok, let me respond to this all just so you're aware.

> Ok
> Well, honestly, that's kind of a problem. First, her battery power is minor. It's intentions are to be generally useless. Literally. It's only use is to power the armor. I thought, by adding a few other abilities as well, that she'd be more useful and that'd aid some of her combat capabilities(specially since I want to give the feeling of a walking tank with her, sorta like a Juggernaut). These enhanced abilities(basically how fast she learns things and heals, which are the only things that the energy expelled is used for), aren't on the level of, say, Wolverine. Yes, she can heal more quickly than other humans, but that's nowhere the level of other superhuman peeps. That just means she can heal a broken bone in 6 hours or so. Minor injuries, however, are obviously gonna heal more quickly. The point is, it's more of a thing about "what do I do with the excess energy she produces so she doesn't become a walking atomic bomb that explodes upon being touched". That's one of the things that helps out with that. This basically means, I will tone it down... Just a bit...
> That's ok, understandable.
> Well, this basically means that the entire "her being trained by Batman" is useless. If, this is utterly necessary to be done, I might remove that entirely from her history, as it wouldn't make a lot of sense for her to be trained by Batman to face the bad guys when all she's learned was how to do a good punch. Toning down the super-strength and constitution is a given, I was going to do that either way. Probably will transfer the super-strength to the Concussive Strike so that she can only do that once a while instead of all the time. Constitution will be toned to an... Acceptable level, though I will still make it quite high since I do want to give her the feeling of being a walking tank. I'd also like to say that this makes the Gadget section completely unnecessary, since each Gadget is apparently a skill, instead.
> Acceptable. Was also going to tone that down. Might even reduce the gun to a normal gun instead.
> Well, it's more like it has a certain distance under which she can use it... And it ain't very large. I was still going into more details about that since I was going to greatly modify it, but it's basically the fact that the Armor's receptors of the warp waves isn't very useful for very large distances and also is easily dissipated by objects, meaning that by if there's a wall between her and the warp pad, she can't use it.
> Well that is... Disappointing. With the modifications I will do to the Concussive Strike(Concussive Gauntlet), I think you will find it to be more acceptable, as it will instead be more of a "what do you want to target with super-strength" thing where she'll have to decide between using it on the enemy or, say, the environment.
> Well, the point is, what I was going to add was basically what I told you on the PM. Let me be clear on my intentions: I don't plan on Nova to acquire any more skills through the RP... Matter of fact, that's kind of impossible, most specially if I turn her powers more towards the Armor, as there's no way such an advanced technology can be upgraded through the RP. Since most of her new Skills and Abilities will be based on the Armor, she can't upgrade it and gain the supposed planned "Levels" you speak of. Instead, her "leveling" would be done by recovering more and more of her previous energy to feed the Armor more strongly. As I told you on the PM, currently she can't use 50% of the Armor's capabilities(the max she can access right now would be 35%, maybe even less) due to the recent temporal warp draining all of her energy. That's also why she didn't just Warp into Saint City and went guns a blazing seeking the ones she wants to kill. I'd also like to give the tip to, in this case, make Acquired Skills a section in place of Gadgets since there's a lot of super-heroes who mostly use powers but have other Acquired Skills, kinda like Barry is actually an amazing scientist behind that playful act of his, or how Superman is actually a master of a bunch of martial arts. By denying people to have two different power types or archetypes, you're kind of dooming a lot of characters to be like dumb idiots in what they're doing. It's kind of like restricting Rei to, since she's a Meta-Human, not being able to aim her sniper well because she's already a meta. Well, that's just my opinion.
> You don't have to worry about this. It literally can't be fixed unless Supes or another being capable of traveling towards other planets decide to give her a hand since the materials aren't available on Earth. I only planned on it happening during the Epilogue or during, like you said, an Endgame situation. I did plan on, by the end, the armor's temporal stabilizer being destroyed and her disappearing from this reality since she already altered the future to a point where she doesn't exist anymore. If this did happen, it'd be in case the excess energy piled up again, so she'd do it herself to save the world from the destruction.
> Oh, I actually forgot you wanted it bulleted, lol. Don't worry, I'll fix it up to be more... Concise.
> Do not worry. However, if you have any ideas you'd like to suggest or that kind of thing, I'm open in the PM to do it.

Also, how long we gotta wait for that Discord? I'd really love to chat this over instead of using the forum for it, lol.

*Raises hand* can I change my punchy hero's power to something else?
Is feline mimicry okay?
That is fine, but to be honest, Tri-Puncher is an awesome character! I only brought those things up because I wanted to avoid oversaturation. That being said, the other punching character varies from yours. It is more a strength versus punching thing with both characters prone to that. Only change if YOU WANT to change. Otherwise, your character is accepted.

Eek, yeah, I kept imagining Despicable Me actually ^.^; If you don't mind scientific inaccuracy I would prefer if the freeze ray was somehow non lethal x.x So yes, it would be something enemies can over come and actually, would probably be used to impede movement than anything. Perhaps the ice melted after a short amount of time? Like say ten seconds? But if you're worried about the science behind it and the technicalities of human vs ice then I can scrap the idea ^.^;
Nope. That's fine. I just wanted a smidge more detail on it. That is it. It seemed to be your character's big power and I just wanted a bit of explanation. That sounds good. Thank you.

THE NEW CS'S AND RESPONSES ARE GOING TO BE DEALT WITH TOMORROW AS I AM ABOUT TO GO TO BED , AND I WANT TO GIVE EVERYTHING MY FULL ATTENTION.

I'll have a new character up by tomorrow then

@Tyrannosaurus Rekt The speed is more tied in to her reflexes. Think of it as a passive. Say like she can move at the speed of most well trained heroes, Human ones that is. So think of her being able to keep up with the basic merc like humans in DC, right near Robin and Deathsroke, or slightly below. Her hand to hand however is no where near that level. And sure, if there are some you have a preference for or want me to expand upon (end-midgame powers) let me know.

On the last bit, the old Captain would be preferable. Originally the "miraculous" bits of her story are all Manhunter. Basically he's more or less giving her a helping hand. But in this case with the job, it would make more sense for it to be the old captain, would ease her into the posting. Hell could make her a bit furious if she was on duty at the time and survived somehow. But that may be going a bit too far.

Last edited:
Oh dear God, that .gif. Maybe you can give your character a track car. Oh. A jetpack. Those are... slightly illegal... but a thing. I approve jetpacks. Maybe a hoverbike. Also illegal, but your character strikes me as a man against the rules. And also, they're capable of being ran without being caught unlike a track car. Also the technology for them can be hidden in moving supplies. Yeah. I should have given some options. That is a my bad
From hearing the words "hidden" and "Moving Supplies" kind of gave me an idea of his Firebird being smuggled in but there's just a part of me saying that won't make sense. I would like your opinion about this which if it's negative then I'll be alright. Maybe his job could be a mechanic on track cars but my question comes to are they too advanced then just a regular automobile?

@Applo
> "All hail the glow cloud." Sorry. Bad, dumb, joke. Your character is accepted.
> An FYI, I don't have permission to enter the album with your picture and so I can't see it. I'm assuming she's awesome. But you might want to fix that up. ^_^
> Why the name Rapture? I mean, I'm just curious. XD
> I actually recommend giving her something a little extra weapon wise. Or, you can just hold off, and one of the NPCs can give her/make her something.
  • I had to look that up becuase I am an uncultured cretin.
  • I did not realise that the picture wasnt showing up to anyone else, I've had a tinker with the settings so I think it should be viewable now, is it?
  • Its references "Raptures of the Deep" which is slang for Nitrogen Narcosis which is pretty much the Narced utility of her power. Scuba diving is about 70% of my personality and I like to show off some times. Also it sounded really snappy.
  • Unless some idea from above strikes me I'll leave her as she is weapon wise and pick something up as we go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.