• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
The travelling part comes in later- at the start, my initial plan was to have everyone meet (either for personal reasons, convenience, or magic-mandated duties) in Luzvimin, Aesyth- in the Magic Circle- although that may change depending on the CSes, if there are irreconcilable differences. However, OCs do not necessarily have to be travelers or pioneers- take for example my primary character, Estefania, who is a noblewoman simply out on a vacation. She just happened to be in the area at the start of the RP.

Aah, I hope that answers your question. :o You can always talk to us in the Discord chat!

Ok, so the traveling isn't the main focus? I'm just confused about the plot. I don't understand the purpose our characters have. ;-;

And what do you mean by 2d art? Like digital art?

Ok, so the traveling isn't the main focus? I'm just confused about the plot. I don't understand the purpose our characters have. ;-;

And what do you mean by 2d art? Like digital art?

Yep, digital art. Or anime artstyle, if you prefer.

Sorry...? OTL Hm. Let me put it this way. OCs of any background (be it wannabe knight or merchant) will meet in the Circle (for whatever reason) where they will witness a strange phenomenon affecting certain human citizens. The overarching plot will have them investigate and attempt to solve this phenomenon- and by Chapter 2 they will be 'recruited' by a Guild-like organization that will allow them financial support and freedom to move freely from place to place- while also being distracted by side quests, personal character chapters (if any of the Players think of one, I'll definitely encourage everyone to pass one), and the occasional downtime chapter. Albeit highly subject to change, the ending of the RP is: phenomenon is solved, everyone goes home happy. Epilogue.

I hope this is clearer? ;;

Yep, digital art. Or anime artstyle, if you prefer.

Sorry...? OTL Hm. Let me put it this way. OCs of any background (be it wannabe knight or merchant) will meet in the Circle (for whatever reason) where they will witness a strange phenomenon affecting certain human citizens. The overarching plot will have them investigate and attempt to solve this phenomenon- and by Chapter 2 they will be 'recruited' by a Guild-like organization that will allow them financial support and freedom to move freely from place to place- while also being distracted by side quests, personal character chapters (if any of the Players think of one, I'll definitely encourage everyone to pass one), and the occasional downtime chapter. Albeit highly subject to change, the ending of the RP is: phenomenon is solved, everyone goes home happy. Epilogue.

I hope this is clearer? ;;

Yes, much clearer. ;u; please don't mind me sometimes i don't understand poetic big words and things

Last question; is this a realistically styled universe or more anime-esque with anime physics?

Yes, much clearer. ;u; please don't mind me sometimes i don't understand poetic big words and things

Last question; is this a realistically styled universe or more anime-esque with anime physics?

No problem at all! I welcome the questions :D

Anime-esque with anime physics. We do have magic after all! Also The Rule of Cool, so to speak, is slightly allowed, given the right context.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Akashi
No problem at all! I welcome the questions :D

Anime-esque with anime physics. We do have magic after all! Also The Rule of Cool, so to speak, is slightly allowed, given the right contexr.

Thank you so much for answering my questions. I appreciate it. Unfortunately, anime style is not my thing, so I wish you guys the best of luck on this rp! ^^ <3

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Warden
@espoir Thanks for considering! :P

@Warden *fidgets* The Rule of Cool? What dis?

@Warden *fidgets* The Rule of Cool? What dis?

As the wise Matt Mercer said:
As a general rule, RPGs are the stories of awesome people who do awesome things. Unless your game is hyper-realistic, it can benefit from applying the Rule of Cool: "The limit of the Willing Suspension of Disbelief for a given element is directly proportional to the element's awesomeness."

Still, it's only slightly considered in this RP, because I do not want somebody flying off on an alligator or defeating an entire army with the power of love.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Fox of Spades
Oh my god. That is the coolest thing ever! XD Thank you for explaining that for me. :)

• Bucket of Rainbows
Dropping down for review, tentatively.

MZ4BLxt.png

"Names aren't given. They're earned."
Name: Jagred Stone-of-Heart
Race: Huma
Nationality: Lida
Class: Shieldbearer

Personality & Background:
One of many nomadic tribes that continued to persist independently even after Alexander Sucre unified the majority of Lidarans, the Lizard Tongues of central Lida roamed over cracked earth, chasing after beastly herds, fighting off giant scorpions, wearing the skin of reptiles. When their paths aligned with merchant caravans, they served as protectors in exchange for refined steel. When their paths aligned with mercenaries, they served as fellow warriors desiring glory and blood. When their paths aligned with the Others, they served as traders, swapping information and knowledge, crafts and tools. Never stuck in one place, in one role, the Lizard Tongues carried on a spirit of exploration and adaptability that persisted even as other clans became 'civilized', turning themselves into just one cog of the great industrial machine that chewed away at the wildlands of Lida.

It was in such a time that Jagred was born, as the lands that his ancestors discovered and rediscovered were tamed, domesticated, terrible and wonderful landscapes overwritten by steam-spewing metropolises. Unnaturally tenacious and wild even amongst other children his age, he was doubtlessly a troublemaker, always trying to go hunts himself, getting into fights over nothing, and running amok whenever he managed to escape his mother's grasp. Far from reining him in, tales of monstrous Others that would gobble up bad children only made Jagred want to fight those baby-eating monsters. With his favorite stone axe and a thick stick, as well as a healthy appetite and earnest attitude towards everything new, he became the first amongst his age to partake in tasks reserved for adults.

An unnerving tenacity that did not balk at death. A towering body forged by hardship and friendship. A dozen marvelous exploits that earned him his first Spirit Name. He was Stone-of-Heart, for a heart without strength was useless, and strength without heart was meaningless.

Young, open-minded, and heroic, it was a surprise to all that he could fall so far from grace, so quickly.

At 18 years old, Jagred was exiled from his home, setting off to challenge the world that was changing too quickly, too violently.

Abilities: Jagred's tough and strong for a man his age, built like a horse, with tolerance for pain and a love for combat. Though not an absolute madman, he doesn't think about the future when in the throes of a deathmatch, perfectly willing to offer blood for a victory feast that he may not even partake in. He has no particular combat style, and doesn't even use a proper weapon. Instead, true to the deeds that earned him his name, Jagred carries two shields with him, a tower shield of strong oak and a steel buckler. One for body slamming into people, and another for punching people out with.

Ever since he was exiled, he no longer wielded a 'real' weapon.

Extra: An affection for drowning out natural flavors with spices. A preference towards hard beds. A lover of tall tales. A born adventurer.

Chicken wings are always nice.

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
I'll join this as well, hopefully it will stay up and people will be committed.

vgF0mOM.jpg

"WHAAAT? You've never heard of me? I betcha you're one of the few who hasn't, mister! I'm The Innovative Inventor of Ivalon, a visonary, an alchemist - a magical mastermind all wrapped up into one!"​

Name: Anais Kendrix
Race: Human
Class: Pyromancer​

Personality & Background:

A Pyromancer from Luzvimin, Anais hails from the small town of Ivalon - a place that would have been rather peaceful if not for her shenanigans. The girl's presence has made for some interesting events over the past eighteen years.​

Anais made a frog explode at the age of eight, burned down a bakery at the age of 14, and nearly set fire to a forest the night before her 16th birthday - all of these combined have earned Anais several magnificent titles:​
  • Detonator of Doom
  • Absolutely Hopeless
  • The Village Fuck-up
Had she been anyone else, she would have given up on magic completely as contemplated on life and the meaning of her fleeting existence, but she had big shoes to fill so she rolled with the punches that life threw her way and smiled whenever anyone told her she'd be better off quitting. She had to do her parents proud.​

The only child of the Heroes of Ivalon, Anais has never met her parents but she's heard people talk fondly about them, and has read the research papers they'd left with her uncle before they disappeared. The girl has placed them on some sort of pedestal, and while her feelings of respect and pride run deep, there's just a hint of resentment beneath her starry-eyed compliments and toothy grins.​

Anais has made finding her parents one of goals, and while she's aware that they're most-likely dead (no one has seen them in 17 years), it hasn't stopped her from searching for some form of closure.​

Abilities:
  • Pyromancy - The best of her mediocre skills
  • Alchemy - she's really mediocre at it and you'd be better off avoiding any "potion" she tries to give you
Extra:
  • Finds anything and everything relating to magic and monsters interesting
  • Likes to take things apart to figure out how they work
  • Was home schooled by her uncle. Similar to her parents, he's a researcher for a nearby mage's guild and is studying the magical properties and uses of the local flora and fauna in Luzvimin
  • Her parents are known as the Heroes of Ivalon because seventeen years ago they helped lead a small team of mages and successfully protected Ivalon from a bandit raid. They disappeared shortly after on a research expedition gone wrong.

(pssst, I love fried shrimp to the moon and back tho good siomai is love too.)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
@ERode I see no problem at all with the CS, although you may want to revisit the Lore tab since I put in a timeline. Also, reread the rules plx. ;)

Edit: Accepted~

@Fox of Spades Reread the rules you soggy muffin :knife:

Last edited:
@Fox of Spades UGH HEATHEN

Accepted. READ THE RULES MORE OFTEN SMH. Put your stuff in the Character Index~

latest

Appearance: Victoria wears a confident and smug grin on her visage most of the time, betraying her lack of experience and technique. She wields her blade naturally, almost as if it were a part of her body. Rarely is she ever seen wearing anything else other than her armor, but in the rare instances that she is seen outside of it, she prefers to wear light clothing that is easy to move in and breathes easily, usually in a shade of purple. She stands at 5'3" and weighs 153 lbs.

"Just you wait...Someday that's going to be ME in the big leagues..."

Name: Victoria Claire-Lacan

Race: Human

Nationality: Gualtierran

Class: Knight-In-Training

Weapon: A longsword that she likes to dub "Virtue"

Personality & Background: Energetic, headstrong, and optimistic to a fault, Victoria is an idealistic individual who earnestly hopes that she too, will be like the knights she aspires and trains to be. Victoria likes to run her mouth and boast about the little things she has accomplished, unaware that many of the events she likes to brag about are quite unimpressive and could probably be done with the utmost ease. Perhaps it can be seen as a pseudo defense mechanism that she resorts to when she knows that her chances of being a an actual REAL knight are close to none. One of her most defining traits is her optimism, luck be damned and all, there are very few things that make Victoria to even think about the things that would bring her down. This becomes problematic when, even when against all-odds or a surely unwinnable situation, she is willing to risk her life just to get a favorable end result.

Raised in Asturias for all she can remember, Victoria is the second child of Señor Alvarez Claire and Señorita Floresita Lacan. Her older brother, Stefan is a highly-respected knight and the one who inspired her to follow in his footsteps of the way of the sword. She has a younger sister, Eleanor who took up more scholarly pursuits and always has her nose buried in a book. Victoria's parents urged her to do the same and did not fully support the path she had chosen herself, their attempts at persuading her fell to deaf ears. While eager to learn how to swing a sword and don their armor, Victoria proved to be an incompetent student, her finesse lacking and her technique could only be described as "flailing wildly like a madwoman"

Her parents once again offered her a chance to focus more on academic endeavors, reluctant to give up a sword in exchange for a dusty, old tome, the young girl looked at her parents and she fondly remembers why she's so stubborn; because her parents are too. As a way of showing affection, she hesitantly began to bury her nose in different pages as time went on.

Although the occasional wanderlust and desire to have her hands grip the handle of a blade would strike, Victoria knew that her parents only had the best interests for her, and she didn't want to disappoint them more than she already could. So it was the least that she could do. Although the once-quaint days of spending hours in the local library would come to a halt when Señor Alvarez was delivered a letter informing the father that his eldest son had gone missing in action following a fight that resulted in him falling off of a ravine, the two aristocrats could only fear for the worse and held on to bleak hope that there was still a possibility of him being alive. Victoria, overhearing the bad news, resolved that she had finally found a way to make her parents proud of her. With the help of her younger sister, she slipped into the night while donning her old training armor and sword.

Willing to throw away her sanctuary of safety and risking the ire of her parents in a daring move, Victoria earnestly hopes that Stefan is somewhere, out there. And she's willing to show everyone that she means business...most of the time.

Abilities: Owing to her lack of any professional experience, many of Victoria's dueling techniques are self-taught and modified versions of the moves she was taught, adding her own extra spin to them so that it makes things easier for her. She peppers her floral motif over these skills and gives them flamboyantly grandiose nicknames for even the simplest of abilities. Since she has no prior training with a shield, Victoria relies on her somewhat above-average agility to dodge incoming attacks and hopefully counterattack them, as her defenses are very fragile and a barrage of blows could easily send her to her downfall.

Extra: Things she likes include; chivalry and honor, cats, spending time in her family's garden and studying flowers, and tea.
Things she dislikes include; ignoble actions, gaudy dresses, insects (especially if they're gigantic), and books that go on for too long.
(strawberry cheesecake btw)

This took way too long.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Haru Nyan

Edit: Upon discussion with the other members, sign ups will be closed on Monday, around the same time the first IC post will be put up.

The OOC is up! Please post there from now on.​

Last edited:
7bd32c3dd1c9a655945f56fb5d128424.jpg

Cain stands at a height of 6'4, without his wolf ears, with a weight of 183lbs(83kg); in addition to the above shown appearance, he also sports large wolf-like ears, a tail that juts out from the small of his back, a tuft of thick, black fur along his sternum, and crimson red irises. In terms of clothing, he tends to also sport a long, hooded cloak, black in color, that reaches down to his ankles.

"Sometimes in life, you just have to go where the winds take you...even if that ends up being the other side of the continent from where you meant to go."

Name: Cain Vik'tal

Race:

Main: 'Magicals'

Subrace: Gwyllgi – The Twilight Wolf

Class: Shadow Brawler – Martial Artist who uses Darkness-type magic to control the battlefield.

Weapon: Weighted Leather Gloves and Boots

Personality:

Cain is commonly known as a whimsical individual driven by his ever changing desires, regardless of the consequences. He cares little for right and wrong, and instead relishes in his personal freedom; the thoughts of 'that is/ could be interesting' and 'I'm bored, I'm going to have a little fun' control him as if he were a shred of paper on the far blowing winds. Though this remains true most of the time, certain factors do often override even these simplistic and ever-present motivations, past grudges accumulated over the span of his long life, the desire to aid his companions, and other similar occurrences have occasionally led even him to do that which he did not want.

Background:

Cain, to put it simply, has been around for a very long time; his earliest memories are of the conflict between the Lidaran Magicals and the Ironskins, fleeing from the retaliatory slaughters of his people as the bioweapon of the Sucre family killed regardless of one's participation, or rather, the lack of, in the growing conflict. His memories of this time have always been hazy, though he does recall that he once had a family in the form of close friends, both Magical and not, before the bioweapon spread to the area he lived; afterwards, he learned to travel alone to prevent the pain of loss as he fled towards the recently discovered continent of Luzvimin.

For the next one hundred years, Cain would travel the continent, wandering between the growing settlements and villages as a hired hand for those Magicals worried about the dangers of humanity. It would only be once the world experienced the first Withering that Cain would vanish off the map, vanishing into the mountains of Luzvimin with several hundred other Magicals to help found the hidden city-state/ country of Sidhe - a haven for refugee Magicals and the first place that he would come to call his home. It would be another few decades before Cain would once again take to the road, leaving behind the comfortable bed and safety of Sidhe in order to take to the road once more.

For the next few centuries, Cain would search for answers relating to the Withering effect that had claimed many lives in the years prior; it wouldn't be long until his searches would lead him after tales of the ancient Magical civilizations from before the creation of the Empire, from a time forgotten by all.

Abilities:

Innate Darkness Magic – His specialty is manifestation, creating temporary items and shadow creatures from his magic as well as producing spheres of darkness.

Transformation – He has the ability to shift between his humanoid appearance and his large dire wolf form.

- Traveling

- Reading

- Diving into ancient ruins

Dislikes:

- Lida

- The Sucre family

- Being stuck in the same place for an extended period of time​

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's what I have for this. Very short and to-the-point. Feel free to modify.

Lore Addition:

City-State of Sidhe

Population: 700+, comprised primarily of Magicals with a few dozen human mages.

Territory: Western Mountain Range of Luzvimin, Dense Forest Lands That Line the Easy and West of the Range

Ruling Power: Royal Family with Numerous Advisors

Technology Level: Low-Tiered, basic tools with most necessities taken care of through magical means.

Architecture: The majority of homes are woven from living trees or carved from the mountains themselves, those that aren't are molded from stone into intricate designs.

Brief Description: Originally founded by a group of approximately 50 refugee Magicals ~340 years ago, the hidden country of Sidhe has steadily grown throughout the years as others seek refuge from the spreading Withering phenomena. Overtime the city has come to cut off all contact with the outside world, save for the few scouts that send back necessary supplies, direct potential additions to the community, and send news back to the royal family; the city has also built up a kind of buffer between itself and those who would try to settle in the surrounding area - going so far as to cause the mysterious disappearance of a large number of bandit gangs in the area and the sudden 'finding' of prime, fertile land a great distance away for those who meant no harm. Through this limited access to the outside world, the people of Sidhe have steadily grown comfortable in their daily lives and ignorant of the plights of the outside, in the way that only those so incredibly isolated are able to be.