- Genre-Bent Reality
- Steampunk
- Cyberpunk
- Dieselpunk
- Magipunk
- Sci-fi
- Superhuman

3803fad5d29b7416e8da08159d8eeff2.png
In the land of kings and monsters, the people prayed for mercy from the chaos and two gods answered. One a woman with a beauty beyond compare with flowing red hair streaked with golds of the sun and blues of the skies, and the other, a man with strength no one could best. The woman, goddess Mariun, bestowed upon her four chosen individuals objects that appeared unique only to the individual it was destined for but seemed no more than a broken trinket to those not worthy. The man, god Raoul, bestowed upon his four chosen armor that could withstand demonic magic and blades that could cut through the toughest skins. Lead by these merciful gods, they alone restored order to the chaos. It was they who founded the Order of the Destined.

362c6e505a955c7d0cac34b713ffa5f4.png
The Order of the Destined was founded by two gods, Mariun, goddess of magic and sorcery, the sky, will, and birds, and Raoul, god of earth, metal, politics, and war. Together with their Destined, they brought wonder and hope into a world were there seemed to be none. But once the two gods felt their work was done, they chose two of their destined to lead the order and continue their practise and bestowed upon them their last gift, and perhaps the most precious, knowledge to aid them in their noble quest for order.

A century had passed since the rise of the Order, and since then what started off as a humble organization has turned into one of the greatest forces of this time with branches in every kingdom far and wide. But the Castle-city of Haven was where their story had started, the seaside settlement transforming into the largest city in the kingdom, and perhaps all of the nine great kingdoms. In the center, the castle towering tall and proud over it's people. In honor of Mariun and Raoul, a queen and king with equal power are chosen to lead, and it is to them the Order has sworn their loyalty.

The Order itself resides in a now sprawling construct on the edge of the city. Built right up against the Grand Wall that protects the city of outside invasion and monstrous forces at works it houses numerous disciples with new children, whether born or recruited, coming in on a semi-regular basis, and masters that help guide these children into initiates. A work staff aids in the care of the residences and the up keep of the grounds, but are by no means servants. Disciples, initiates, members, and masters alike are expected to clean up after themselves and are in charge of their living spaces. The grounds can house children thirteen and older, keeping the younger disciples, children who are still training to become initiates, in rooms of four with two bunk beds and chests to store items, and the older disciples, those who have seen their fifteenth winter in rooms of two with two beds and chests. Once inituated upon seeing their eighteenth winter, they are given the choice to live off grounds. The younger disciples, children who are still learning about the world, often live in nursery houses off the grounds in clusters of seven with a woman and a man to look after them. Unless one or both of their parents belong to the Order, then they can stay with them until the age of thirteen.

Besides living spaces, the Order also has a large dining room where they serve three meals a day, kitchens where anyone other than kitchen staff is not allowed, training grounds for both martial and magical purposes, classrooms, and study halls. Upon entrance, one can find themselves in the main hall where announcenents are given, disciples are initiated, and members can find missions posted on the message board; however, personally assigned missions, while rare, can be arranged in many other ways. The local bath houses and other establishments such as the forges also serve the Order for recreational and intellectual purposes.

But not all is well. Recently, Destined, a pairing of one warrior of Raoul and one sorceress of Mariun, have been going missing during their assignments and the Order is starting to become worried, especially now when they are to initiate their graduating disciples and send them off on their first quest. Murmurings have started amongst the masters of whether or not they should proceed, or delay the initiation until the two missing parties can be found. If they do, it would the first initiation delayed since the Order of the Destined was established.

Last edited:
  • Creative
Reactions: Nemopedia
No it's ok. Thanks though

Do the places of the cast spots have anything to do with pairs? Have I cracked the code?

I'm gonna use an online randomizer :) The cast list is order of post :3

@ERode, you still interested?

Last edited:
  • This Gives Me Plot Bunnies
Dutifully noted ^.^

Lylith, who was playing a sorceress.

I don't see any of the new Lore Info.

Here you go:

Disciples
Children who are either born or recruited into the Order at a young age, though most don't become official disciples until they're thirteen. It's rare for a disciple to come to the Order at an older age.

Technically members of the Order and an informal title, initiates are members who are newly initiated into the Order after seeing their eighteenth winter and are seen as such by the eyes of the other members for an unseen amount of time. Normally initiates have to complete a small number of missions before they're seen as members. Inituations happen at least once a year, or when a disciple sees their eighteenth winter. See Members.

Magic Awareness
Children often show awareness of their magical abilities at a young age, anywhere between the time they were born and as old as their tenth winter. It's not unheard of for a child to show magical awareness at a later age, but not common.

Members
Disciples who have been initiated into the Order after seeing their eighteenth winter and are able to complete missions in the name of the Order. Most have spent all of their lives in the Order and know nothing else.

Recruiters
Members tasked with locating and retrieving children showing signs of magical ability. Though the choice to comply with the Order's wishes will always rest with the family of the child.

Last edited:
@Noctis the Devious
If they reach 18 years without being initiated, would they still be allowed to live outside the Order?

@Beowulf, @Neko_Green, @Blighted_Agent, @ERode

Okay, so while working on my character I realized two things:

A) I never put some kind of leveling system in place for spells and skills to be upgraded by.
B) I should probably give transformations an actual purpose outside of allowing a Sorceresses to use magic.

So, what I'm going to do is put in place some kind of experience system that allows you to strengthen your spells and skills. This is how it's going to work: Every IC post you make, whether battle post or not, you guys gain 5 EXP. During combat, you gain an additional 2 EXP for every 100 words you write. Killing monsters and completing missions will earn you various amounts of EXP. To keep it fair, GM posts won't go towards Payton, only character posts.

Experience points can be spent on increasing your character's stats, improving upon existing spells and skills, and purchasing a new one entirely. Experience points can also be used to improve enchantments on weapons and armor or purchase new ones. EXP Costs may double with purchase.

EXP Costs:

One ■ for attributes cost 200 EXP. After buying two ■ the EXP Cost will double to 400 EXP and keeping increasing after every two ■ bought.

The cost for a weapon and armor enchantment will vary and so will a new spell.

Increasing a spell and skill effects will cost varying amounts as well depending on the spell and skill but will double after each purchase.

As for transformations, transformations will increase a Sorceress's magic resistance to their magic source. Example: If a Sorceress who uses fire gets attacked with fire magic she wouldn't be as damaged by it as another sorceress who doesn't use fire. Physical attacks also won't effect them as much transformed as it would not transformed.

Speaking of which, how do you guys want to handle combat? Through dice or dealing a set damage depending on skills and spells? If dealing a set damage then damage will be increased with each relevant purchase (ie: buying an upgrade for a spell will increase that spell's damage et cetera).

@Noctis the Devious
Having EXP acquisition be based off number of words in a post is probably a bad idea. Leads to people just rambling on about pointless details or essay-length analyses on their character's thoughts...which is pointless, because individual rounds in combat should be really fast, all things considered. Makes people put purple prose over conciseness.

Point buy system is meh to me overall. Doesn't make too much sense for me that someone who spends all their time brute-forcing their way through problems would gain stat points in Intelligence. I'd recommend a system where you give points and upgrades based off IC actions. Characters who prefer one skill over another will eventually get upgrades to that skill. Characters who rely on one stat over the other eventually improves in that stat. Gives RPing more weight than just number of words.

And I'd personally like the 'conclusion' of fights to be dealt with through dice, with the necessary modifiers applied, but not the specifics of what goes down. Because a hard-fought loss is more fun to write than six posts from a single individual about how their character just KEEPS ON MISSING.

HNugfWY.png

"Stand back, my lady. War is a man's duty, after all."
Aureolis Wolfblood
Male | 18 | Warrior

• Chivalrous
    As a proper knight, Aureolis is an individual who strives to uphold the tenets of chivalry, destroying evil, protecting the virtue of maidens, and offering up his deeds to the Warrior-God Raoul. He values honor above all else and believes that it is his duty to rule over the unwashed masses and guide the fairer gender.

Well Read
    An academic more out of habit than out of choice, Aureolis finds himself most at peace when reading through a big ol' book full of stuffy, boring information. He enjoys mind experiments and debates, but most importantly, he just loves the atmosphere of curling up comfortably while the elements rage outside. Most interested in the culture of foreign lands, this young gentleman believes himself to be rather worldly in the going-ons of the kingdoms.

Steadfast
    His convictions are stronger than steel, and twice as powerful. His steadfast nature is what drove him where he currently stands today, and if he sets his mind to it, Aureolis believes that nothing is impossible. So far, he has been proven more or less correct in that belief of his, engraining the idea that hard work is most definitely rewarded.

Arrogant
    Naturally, with how he sees himself as a self-made man and his chivalrous nature, Aureolis is fairly arrogant, carrying himself with a regal attitude despite his commoner blood. He always has the best words, the best strategies, the best everything, and everyone else should really just walk behind him and offer up their talents when necessary. To him, it's simply rational that they do what he tells them to.

Cerebral
    Indeed, with all the knowledge that's stuck in his brain, and the practical way he applies himself to everything, Aureolis doesn't really consider the emotions or values of others that he involves into his plans. A look into his strategies reveals that a key tenet of chivalry is missing: that of a fair fight. He really doesn't care what he does, as long as he wins. Ambushes, subterfuge, sabotage, that's all fine for him. After all, all's fair in love and war.

Honest
    Of course, for all the deception and misdirection and general nastiness he has in combat, Aureolis does not ever allow himself to utter a lie. He is painfully honest, occasionally even self-destructively honest. A white lie is meaningless. Preserving someone's fragile ego will not improve them. A black lie is meaningless. It isn't through avoiding punishment that you become stronger. If he has to lie, he'd rather just stay silent.

• Whisper
    A saber with an ornate basket hilt. The steel blade has been enchanted to be transparent, making it invisible in dim lighting.

Throwing Knives
    Non-magical. Still useful.

• Knightly
    Aureolis prefers light armor, relying more on his ability to perceive, parry, and dodge rather than to take hits. He has a breastplate, armor for his legs and his right arm, and that's about it. Outside of actual armor, he wears a dark cloak, to keep things classy.

Casual
    Standing at 5'9, Aureolis cuts a noble figure with his long limbs and his perfect posture. White gloves cover his hands constantly, and his beardless visage makes him appear more aristocratic than knightly, but that's fine. After all, physical beauty is also important to any true knight. His left eye glimmers gold, while his right shimmers blue.

• Phantom Step
    Feint, misdirect, and a quick diagonal movement. Brings Aureolis to the enemy's blind spot or exposed side.

Instant Counter
    Thrust and dodge. Allows Aureolis to use the enemy's momentum against them. They will run themselves into his transparent blade as he simultaneously dodges their attack.

Hidden Glint
    Trick, deceive, and surprise. As a fight drags on, an opponent focuses more and more on Aureolis's swordplay. Makes it perfect for when he suddenly tosses a knife at them to disrupt or injure.

• Strength ♞♞
    Perception ♞♞♞♞♞♞♞♞
    Endurance ♞♞♞
    Speed ♞♞♞♞♞♞♞
    Agility ♞♞♞♞♞♞♞♞♞♞
    Intelligence ♞♞♞♞♞

• Age 0 – Aureolis is born a sickly child to an aged peasant couple.
    Age 2 – Aureolis is left at the doorstep of a church, his family unable to support the well-being of a weak child.
    Age 4 – A recruiter from the Order, making her rounds, picks up Aureolis after church approvals of the transferral.
    Age 7 – Aureolis, still prone to disease, took up special training with a kind-hearted Master as a means to improve his physical health.
    Age 10 – Aureolis started reading, beginning on topics of heroes and knights and philosophy.
    Age 12 – Aureolis got serious, both about training and about learning. Was put into advanced classes due to prior lessons with that Master.
    Age 15 – Specialized in the usage of sabers. Picked up ballroom dance as a hobby. Broke various teenage hearts.
    Age 17 – Started cutting arrows down in mid-flight, as well as perform various other amazing feats that garnered applause from his peers. Also made his own surname.
    Age 18 – Intitiated.
  • (Your characters practically grew up together so chances are they know each other in someway. You don't have to have this filled out to be accepted, but I would like everyone to start plotting basic dynamics.)

• There was never a doubt that the Initiation would be delayed. Perhaps it would have been if he had already been initiated or was still in training, but that wasn't the case here. On this day, Aureolis Wolfblood will be initiated, and thus, there will be no delay.

Rising up from the seats, he spared a smile at his younger female admirers, nodded curtly at his younger brothers-in-training, and marched off nobly to where his destiny waited for him. Even the strange armor that they had prepared was obviously meant for his usage only, for who else would dare wear such light armor? With flourish, he pulled the cloak off, sweeping it around once for effect, before allowing it to drift onto his shoulders. From the stands, he drew out the saber, Whisper, and allowed it to dance in his hands, the translucent blade whistling in the air.

Finally, with a clink, he sheathed the invisible blade, and bowed once to the Grand Warrior.

His Master will be proud of him this day, but this wasn't the peak of his life. This was merely a small milestone in the legacy he planned to carve out.

Reactions: Noctis the Devious
Ooh I like him :D Accepted ^.^

Two warriors focused on being fast. I feel like I need to shuffle things around with my guy now. Which is fine, honestly. Normally I play the kind of character that hits things real hard and can take being hit real hard. It wouldn't be much to change, just the last few bulletins of his life, rework of the stats, and changing of two of the abilities to better fit with his new stats. And of course a change to the armor, the armor I got now looks to light, that is if I do decide to change him to become a fighter/tank.

First update to WIP profile complete. I've read that our GM has updated the available information but I can't find it, is it in the original post? I must be dumb; I don't see the castle city list anywhere.

Guys the information is in the first five posts o.of There's even links to them at the top of every page D: Also:

@Beowulf, @Neko_Green, @Blighted_Agent, @ERode

Okay, so while working on my character I realized two things:

A) I never put some kind of leveling system in place for spells and skills to be upgraded by.
B) I should probably give transformations an actual purpose outside of allowing a Sorceresses to use magic.

So, what I'm going to do is put in place some kind of experience system that allows you to strengthen your spells and skills. This is how it's going to work: Every IC post you make, whether battle post or not, you guys gain 5 EXP. During combat, you gain an additional 2 EXP for every 100 words you write. Killing monsters and completing missions will earn you various amounts of EXP. To keep it fair, GM posts won't go towards Payton, only character posts.

Experience points can be spent on increasing your character's stats, improving upon existing spells and skills, and purchasing a new one entirely. Experience points can also be used to improve enchantments on weapons and armor or purchase new ones. EXP Costs may double with purchase.

EXP Costs:

One ■ for attributes cost 200 EXP. After buying two ■ the EXP Cost will double to 400 EXP and keeping increasing after every two ■ bought.

The cost for a weapon and armor enchantment will vary and so will a new spell.

Increasing a spell and skill effects will cost varying amounts as well depending on the spell and skill but will double after each purchase.

As for transformations, transformations will increase a Sorceress's magic resistance to their magic source. Example: If a Sorceress who uses fire gets attacked with fire magic she wouldn't be as damaged by it as another sorceress who doesn't use fire. Physical attacks also won't effect them as much transformed as it would not transformed.

Speaking of which, how do you guys want to handle combat? Through dice or dealing a set damage depending on skills and spells? If dealing a set damage then damage will be increased with each relevant purchase (ie: buying an upgrade for a spell will increase that spell's damage et cetera).

@Noctis the Devious
Having EXP acquisition be based off number of words in a post is probably a bad idea. Leads to people just rambling on about pointless details or essay-length analyses on their character's thoughts...which is pointless, because individual rounds in combat should be really fast, all things considered. Makes people put purple prose over conciseness.

Point buy system is meh to me overall. Doesn't make too much sense for me that someone who spends all their time brute-forcing their way through problems would gain stat points in Intelligence. I'd recommend a system where you give points and upgrades based off IC actions. Characters who prefer one skill over another will eventually get upgrades to that skill. Characters who rely on one stat over the other eventually improves in that stat. Gives RPing more weight than just number of words.

And I'd personally like the 'conclusion' of fights to be dealt with through dice, with the necessary modifiers applied, but not the specifics of what goes down. Because a hard-fought loss is more fun to write than six posts from a single individual about how their character just KEEPS ON MISSING.

Before I respond to Erode, what are your guys' thoughts?

I agree with the exp per word thing, it's not a good idea. If you can come up with rewards for everyone, that works really well from what I can tell thanks to past experiences. And the dice system is meh, I don't really have a stance on it. But if the dice system is used, then I agree with erode and say that we should write it out after the dice have been rolled.

Now I'm off to revise my character, because I like the idea of someone that smashes things and isn't afraid to bodily carry off his partner, at the very least in arms, should he feel it necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.